Do You Remember Your 1st Cathe Workout?

JeanneMarie,

I pulled out my VHS version (did this ever come out in DVD?) of MIS and it came out in 1998.

Thanks cataddict!

I thought it was the late 90's. And yes it's out on DVD. I haven't used my VHS in quite a while because I did replace it with a DVD when that became available.

I still love this workout!!

I saw rhythmic step on fittv almost 4 years ago. I just watched it on tv and decided to buy it and step blast. Needless to say when I got the dvd's and tried rhythmic step and was hooked despite the fact that I almost passed out. :p Oh the memories lol

Step Heat

I just got home and checked my vids, the first Cathe workout I ever did was Step Heat, 1995. Haven't done it for years, think I'll do it tonight instead of elliptical :D

My first Cathe workout was All Step and I remember thinking "I am never going to "get" this...".

It's still one of my faves!!

I used to go to the gym 5 days a week, but after having my daughter and moving away from my gym in 2005 I couldn't find the time. I decided to buy a step and try it at home. I HAVE NEVER BEEN BACK TO A STEP CLASS AT A GYM SINCE!! My step came with All Step and it was as tough as the gym classes. I loved it and still do!

Maximum intensity strength was my first Cathe!

I had been doing Kathy Smith and the Firm and I was so bored with it...after I found MIS...I was like...oh yeah...this is what I'm talking about...

I gave my VHS copy away to a friend after I bought it on DVD.

My first Cathe workout was the Wedding Video!

I bought it from Collage because it had separate step and weight training workouts on one VHS tape. I still have it, and I still use it!

Fun!

I love reading how often the first workout you did was your favorite. I taped Rhythmic Step off of FitTv in 2007 - and it is still a favorite. Just did it this again week, actually. I looked into getting a DVR for the workout room to tape FitTv, but it didn't take me long to realize that Cathe was the only workout I wanted to do from FitTv. I now have almost every DVD (maybe 10 to go) and no need of a DVR in my workout room.

Ben

Mine was Step Heat in 1995. I was using several other instructors videos at that time (Kathy Smith, Keli Roberts, Kari Anderson, Karen Voight, Gin Miller), etc. Needless to say after doing Cathe's workouts the others became too easy. I've bought everything she's put out ever since.:D

body max 2 was my first cathe's dvd...i loved so much and i discoverred it from a site called collage video last year...my body changed and i collected other 2 dvd step jump pump/step blast and drill max....thank'you cathe!!!

For me is was the old "Step N Motion" VHS videos

For me, I found Cathe way back when (1990?), from an early Collage Video catalogue, when they advertised her early "Step N Motion" videos. They're still great videos, if one can find them on the internet, and if one still has a VHS player in the house!
-- David

I found Cathe on FitTv. Imax 2 I believe and didn't even own a step. I tried to improvise without a step but soon caved and bought one. I loved the music and the energy.

Shortly after I found the Cathe.com and my shopping began. Plus with this help of this board I discovered Amy Bento and Tracey Stahele, my other two favorites. And I thinking of delving into the world of Cardio Coach. But I'm scared to go there just yet. :D

My first purchases were Rhythmic Step and Power Hour.

I think it was Mega Step Blast. Or it could have been Step Heat. I would see her workouts in the Collage catalog and was curious so I bought those two. That didn't get me into her stuff though - I didn't buy anything more until my best friend taped a lot of her new stuff off of FitTv and I tried her newer stuff - then I was hooked.

I found Cathe on FitTv. Imax 2 I believe and didn't even own a step. I tried to improvise without a step but soon caved and bought one. I loved the music and the energy.

Shortly after I found the Cathe.com and my shopping began. Plus with this help of this board I discovered Amy Bento and Tracey Stahele, my other two favorites. And I thinking of delving into the world of Cardio Coach. But I'm scared to go there just yet. :D

My first purchases were Rhythmic Step and Power Hour.

Cardio coach is wonderful and you gear the workouts to your fitness levels. Don't be scared! Coach Sean is a pleasure to listen to!

KPC in 2007 was my intro, and like so many others on this thread, it remains my favorite.

After that, I had to try Cathe's weight workouts, my first was MM, but then I discovered split weight training, which I prefer. It's a toss-up between S & H and Gym Styles as of now.

There's Cathe, and then there's everyone else.

IMAX 1. After reading reviews on CollageVideo.com I thought it sounded perfect. Yes, it is perfect, but the first time I tried it all I could pretty much do was stare at the TV screen asking myself "what the.....?".

Just like ToughYrun, my first Cathe was I-Max 1 on VHS, back in fall 2000 from Collage. I had just cut back from teaching four water aerobics classes per week to two, and wanted a step routine that was basic choreography and high intensity.

"Beware what you ask for", etc. etc.

I remember previewing it, and was comforted that the choreography did indeed look simple, but was a bit worried that the intervals (a fairly new concept for me) might be a tad light.

*ahem*

I couldn't finish any of the floor intervals the first time out, and was in a perpetual rage state because of that. I did it four times over the next two weeks, and finally FINALLY could finish all of the intervals without modifying or just keeling over. Walked around like I'd peed myself for about half an hour afterward, but was skying with energy and pride.

Bought a few more VHSs, then got a 5-disc DVD player and replaced all of my Cathe VHSs with their DVD counterparts. There are very few Cathe DVDs other than the beginner stuff that I don't have.

I always buy directly from her website, and always on the presale.

A-Jock

What a fun thread!

I first heard about Cathe in 2004 on the Weight Watchers boards. I ordered a used copy of All-Step off e-bay. I think it took me an hour to do the 30 minutes of step, because I had to keep rewinding!

I liked it, so I ordered Basic Step + Body Fusion and High Step Circuit. I had been a cardio machine fan for years, but Basic Step had me dripping in sweat. I was hooked!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.