Do You Remember Your 1st Cathe Workout?

Step Heat back in 19-whatever? I read a review in a fitness magazine about this young, firecracker step instructor. She was the best then and is the best now.

Mine was crosstrain xpress kickbox on vhs. found it at a thrift store. then started my cathe w/o collection. ;)

Mine was CTX Kickbox too! In 2001, my Aunt Kathy (the only other person on my side of the family that works out regularly) told me about Cathe and let me borrow her VHS. I was hooked and then I started buying up all of her workouts, mostly directly from her website.

Peace,
Brandie

I found Cathe on FiTv and I was scared.:eek: I didn't think I could keep up with her but I was sooooo intrigued. Went on amazon and they 'suggested' that basic step and body fusion was the best for beginners. After that I went straight to IMAX3! Now I have almost everything.:D:eek::cool: Thanks to Cathe I have pushed myself harder than I ever dreamed. Now not a day goes by without a little 'Cathe'.:)

I taped KPC off Fit tv and me and a friend decided to try it together. We were scared since we had only done the Firm workouts(those high intensity drills yikes). Now we both do Cathe workouts and no more Firm. I can't even remember when this was but it's been many years now.

It was either Step n Motion 2 or 3...I honestly can't remember. I was doing step at the gym, and wanted to start doing some workouts at home. I found Cathe in the Collage catalogue. They described her workouts as advanced. I decided to try Cathe because I thought my step classes at the gym were advanced...little did I know! Cathe blew away my gym instructor. I was hooked and have never looked back. Other than a couple of hiatuses due to some minor surgeries, I have pretty much done Cathe workouts every single week for the last 18 years and I'm still not bored. I mix Cathe with running, and they are a perfect complement to each other.

Pure Strength 3 volumes on VHS and either MIC or IMAX also on VHS. I ordered over the phone from collage. I had been doing the Firm and asked what else would I like and they suggested Cathe.

Mine was step works VHS! . Was looking for an advanced step instructor and boy, did I find her! I think I´ve preordered everything since then!

ETA: I think that my VHS player just ate this the other day :( but not sure I want to buy the cardio hits DVD to replace it.

Last edited:
IMAX 1. After reading reviews on CollageVideo.com I thought it sounded perfect. Yes, it is perfect, but the first time I tried it all I could pretty much do was stare at the TV screen asking myself "what the.....?".

Maximum Intensity Cardio from Collage. I was looking for something advanced, and boy did I find it!

:) This is how much of a newbie I am - March 24th of this year, it was Muscle Max. And my impression - from what I wrote in my journal - "a real weight lifting workout, finally!" I did Muscle Max and Gym style legs for almost a month, then started on STS April 20th. :D:D:D:D

Pure Strength in 2002. I will never forget the thrill of receiving that Troy Lite barbell set. It was kind of like falling in love.

My first Cathe was Pure Strength, as well, back in 1999, I believe. Just the Legs & Abs VHS. I had been doing the Firm V1 for over two years, and I needed something different. I found a Collage advertisement in the back of a fitness magazine and I actually sent in the order page by mail with my little check :D I think TaeBo was in that order, as well. That, too, was a good purchase, I must admit. I was in so much pain the first time I did Pure Strength, and I thought it was the best thing ever! I actually did it EVERY SINGLE DAY for a good, long time (stupid, but what did I know?). I soon went back to collage (ordering through mail, again) and ordered Body Max and the rest of the Pure Strength tapes. I had no clue that there was more until I was playing around online in 2002 or 2003 and found Cathe's website. Within a week I ordered every single DVD she had to offer.

The first one I ever purchased was MIS on VHS. I bought it from collage, previewed it, but never did the workout because I hired a PT. About 10 years later I found it in the back of a cabinet. I had totally forgotten about it. By then I was no longer working with a PT, so I slipped it into the VCR and the rest is history. The next workout I bought was PH on DVD which I loved even more. I often credit PH as being my first Cathe purchase. Actually, it was my 2nd, but it's the one that really made me fall in love with Cathe's workouts! :D

IMAX 3 .... during the workout I remember thinking "This woman is nuts!." The next day I ordered a bunch of DVDs off Cathe.com and never looked back

Brenda in Indiana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.