Do You Remember Your 1st Cathe Workout?

I saw her many times on Fit TV and thought that she was crazy with all those moves...but I kept watching. I saw KPC,and actually got up and did it...LOVED it. At the end of the program, I saw her web site, logged on and was hooked.MY first purchase was KPC (of course) :D

Suzette

Step 'N Motion ones....

I think, I definitely remember Step Jam & Step Heat, too, VHS of course. Took a LONG break from Cathe stuff cuz I wasn't quite at that cardio fitness level at the time.

YEARS later looking to get into pyramid weight training, but using more than like 5#s (like what was pretty much all there was on the market at the time), so I picked up PUB/PLB and was back in love (singing 'Reunited' song) - haven't looked back since!

She's really opened up a whole new world to me!

StepMax

Another one who actually talked to a human being at Collage Video - I had seen Cathe in their catalog, and was in total fear based on the descriptions. The nice lady on the line suggested I start with StepMax and seemed somewhat confident that I wouldnt' be dialing 911 by the end. I had been doing Firms up until then, and wasn't prepared at all. Nausea, sucking wind are the two things I remember best, but somehow kept coming back for more! On VHS of course!

Colia

Mine was either LG or LM. I got them at the same time. I don't remember which one I did first, but it was one of those two.

All Step-it came with the mini step. Almost killed myself the first time I did it! Best near death experience ever;)

These posts read like a wonderful tribute to Cathe - I had to join in. My first workout was MIS - after doing Kathy Smith and Firm workouts. I then ordered Imax 1 and then Body Max and then the entire Intensity Series and then.... I love Cathe! I have my sister and brother-in-law hooked too.

PowerMax 1998/1999 (VHS of course). I quickly got all of her step workouts. Even the really "old" ones that were out of production,......like her wedding one. :D :D

Thanks Cathe for all these wonderful, sweat filled years!!!!!!!!!

oh goodness i can't remember exactly but i recorded most her fittv shows. then when i finally got a computer online i started searching for cathe and found all these great dvds. so my first dvd purchase was RS/IMAX/MIC and PH/MIS/BM. i paid by check b/c i didn't have a check card at the time and i remember that even though i had to mail out the check,wait for the processing then shipping it still came withing a week and 1/2 :) i did BM first and all the way through before realizing it was an hour and half long workout but it was fun! i was hooked on step from there on it. i have few other instructors for step but always seem to stay with cathe as my main staple for step cardio!

kassia

I'm pretty sure my first was PowerMax, in the late 90s. I read about Cathe on VF. I, too, was doing Kari Anderson and Keli Roberts at that time, and I love dancey, complicated choreography. I got away from Cathe for a couple years, then came back in 2004. It was early in the year and I ordered the Intensity Series. But it was just after the Body Blast series came out, so they sent me that instead. I decided I didn't care and just started doing it. It was tough at first! Then I bought CTX and just kept going from there. Now I do SuperSets and PushPull on days I don't have a lot of energy. I don't have STS Strength yet, but I'll get it one day. I did preorder STS Cardio, and I'm really looking forward to it. I do credit Cathe with getting me in better shape than I ever thought possible. I wrote that to her when I sent in a card for her 40th birthday. Does anybody else remember that?

anne

Yes, it was the Wedding workout, and I thought, o-oh, everything I'd been doing before at home was a pussy cat compared to that work out ! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.