Cathe's Greatest Hits?

I love this request and thread already! I'm new to Cathe but it is just amazing to see people's passions and intensity in creating a compilation disc of Greatest Hits.

Cathe has really cornered the market on obtaining customer requirements for her products by asking the customers directly. I'm in product development and her ability to query her customers and actually listen to them is a huge part of her success.

I love this!! And honestly for a newbie, I will be taking notes of people's favorites so even if they don't make it on the disc I will be trying them out. :)

OMG, so excited about this!! It has to include the warm-up from Butts and Guts. Best. warmup. ever!! :)

Since we already have these Cathe compilations: Terminator(using Imax 2, Bootcamp, Muscle Endurance, Cardio & Weights), Hardcore Extreme(Imax 3, Low Max, High Step Challenge) and Cardio Fusion( Low Impact Circuit, Body Max 2 and Drill Max), and Timesaver(my favorite using alot of Bodyblast series), I thought of combinations with newer Cathe workouts.

Warmup Athletic Step
To The Max Solid Step 7:40
Intensity Step 36:30
Low Impact Challenge Blast 10:28
Xtrain Tabatacise #1 and step recovery
Cool Down Xtrain All Out Low Impact HiiT

I'll keep thinking of more..

That sounds good!

How about this All Step Lower Impact combo? I had to add Step, Jump and Pumps step combo...I really enjoy it but hardly pull it out. If it gets mixed into another step workout, then I'll be in heaven! Love the moves and music....

Athletic Step Warmup: 6 minutes

Step, Jump & Pump step portion: 16 minutes

All Out Low Impact HIIT Round 2 Step: 11 minutes

Low Max Blasts Only: 23 minutes

To the Max solid step segment: 8 minutes

Cardio Leg Blast cool down/stretch: 8 minutes

(total length 72 minutes)

I think there will have to be more than 1 dvd. How about these 4:

Total body weights with cardio blasts (muscle max, supercuts, etc.)
Split body part weights (pyramids, gym styles, burn sets, etc.)
Hiit/tabatas/intervals (with low impact premix)
Complex step workout (Rythmic step, etc. for step fans)

Breaking it up this way would enable Cathe to streamline equipment changes, and would give us more options to choose different types of workouts on different days.

I think any greatest hits should include an IMax and Rhythmic Step - I can't get enough of those!

STS Plyo Legs and Fav Step Combos

This is a workout I made up in the Workout Blender. My favorite STS Plyo Legs Blasts in between my favorite step finished combos.

4DS LIS Warmup 7:39
BM2 Bonus Cardio 5:50
STS Plyo Leg Slow Straddle Jumps 1:32
STS Plyo Leg Squat Jumps 1:06
SM Finished Product 6:42
STS Plyo Leg Quarter Turns Half Turn Jumps Right side 1:46
STS Plyo Leg Power Scissors Alternating 1:14
AS Finished Product 11:03
STS Plyo Leg Quarter Turns Half Turn Jumps Left side 1:15
STS Plyo Leg Down-Up Jumps :55
RS Challenge 8:59
STS Plyo Leg Lateral Skates 1:09
STS Plyo Leg Split Jumps 1:34
4DS HIS Finished Combos 3:28
STS Plyo Leg Straddle Down Jump Ups with Knee Lifts 1:28
STS Plyo Leg Explosive Running Mans 1:19
4DS LIS Finished Product 3:33
AS Stretch 8:17

67 mins total workout time

Low Impact?

Low Impact Supermix:

Warm up: CrossFire (6:30)
Segment 1: Intensity - Low Impact HIIT only (10 minutes?)
Segment 2: AfterBurn – Express Single Intervals only (22 minutes?)
Segment 3: Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT – Floor section only (13:48)
Segment 4: CrossFire – Low Impact Tabata only (4:40)
Segment 5: To the Max – Low Impact Slide Tabata only (4:50)
Segment 6: To the Max – Stretch (6:10)
Total Running Time: 68 – 70 minutes
Bonus: Low Max - All 7 Blasts premix (23 minutes)

The Main workout and most premixes would only require hand weights and gliding discs. The bonus would require only a step.

Premixes could be:
Floor cardio – (Warm up, Intensity Low Impact HIIT, All Out Low Impact HIIT, Stretch) – (36:00)

Metabolic - (Warm up, AfterBurn Single Intervals, All Out Low Impact HIIT, Low Impact Slide Tabata, Stretch) – (53:00)

Low Impact Blast – (Warm up, Low Max All 7 Blasts, To the Max Low Impact Slide Tabata, CrossFire Low Impact Tabata, Stretch) – (45:00)

Low Impact Tabata - (Warm up, To the Max Low Impact Slide Tabata, CrossFire Low Impact Tabata, Stretch) – (22:00)

Scrambled – (Warm up, AfterBurn Single Intervals 1-5, XTrain All Out Low Impact HIIT Floor, AfterBurn Single Intervals 6-10, Low Max Blasts, Stretch) – (71:00)

Last edited:
Ultimate Floorwork Max!!

I would love to see a compilation of your excellent floorwork. (similar to Ab Hits) :

Warm-up (6 minutes) Butts and Guts

1st segment "Lower Body Blast" floorwork paired with "Legs and Glutes" floorwork (approx. 22 minutes).

2nd segment the floorwork from "Gymstyle Legs" (approx.24 minutes)

3rd segment "Butts and Guts" leg floorwork (approx. 20 minutes)

4th segment STS Meso 1 Disc 6, Disc 9, and Disc 12 floorwork only

5th segment would be from "Pyramid Lower Body" (13 minutes)

Final stretch from "Lower Body Blast" (6 minutes)

Bonus segment from barre segments from either XTrain legs or Lower Body Blast Legs combined with the chair segment from STS Meso 1 disc 3 chair segments.

I would LOVE a compilation similar to this (oh... I think I said this already :) )

All Combo DVD. I would love a DVD that has the completed combo routines from many of your step-workouts, including: Rythmic Step, Step Blast, Cardio & Weights (this one didn't have a finished routine of the 4 combos but I would love to have a combo of them included), Body Max 2, Step Moves, Low Impact Challenge, MIC, Intensity, 4DSHIS, 4DSLIS, Low Impact Circuit, and Athletic Step. You can add in between each different finshed combo section an interval blast like you did for Tabatacise.

Also a compilation of your Hi/Lo w/o from Step pump and Jump, MIC, and CTX

Thanks Cathe for putting this out to us!!

There is so many i love... Like i love segments of stretch max.. I love burn set bi n tris i love cbs burn sets. I love her last segment in .mega step blast and step jimp pump step... Low impact step hip hop move, low impact circuit first section. I mean really maybe she should have a strebth greatest hits and a cardio greatest hits!

I need to go into my blender workouts and see where I have pulled my segments from -- this is a GREAT idea! :D

STEPS PLEASE

Cathe, I really Really hope that the new filming that you plan to have include some step DVDs on the lines of rhythmic step, step blast and athletic step or even low max for cardio along with added body sculpting like the format of low impact circuit ecercise or cardio and weights. Please, Please...

I'd love a total body workout from STS Mesocycle 2 with the Bonus Legs from Mesocycle

I've never use my STS workouts because they are so long. I'd love a total body workout from Mesocycle 2 (hypertrophy) including abs PLUS all the Bonus Legs from Mesocycle 1 (Muscle Endurance). One DVD with Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps and Abs plus the Bonus Legs. Add a nice stretch and it would be perfect.

Last edited:
Greatest Hits Suggestions

I love, love this idea! Thank you, Cathe! So many favorites and so little time to fit in one compilation! :-/

Warm-up: Pyramid LB. The music always revs me up for the work ahead! (4 mins.)

Cardio: Any mix of the combos from MMA Boxing or KPC (sorry - I've never been able to master the step workouts!). (approx. 8-20 mins.)

Strength: Muscle Max is an all-time fave, but I don't think the format is conducive to a *GH* edit... so I'd have to go with portions of Muscle Endurance for an overall burner, and maybe a little Turbo Barre to fry those calves!

Abs: Either core segment from Butts + Guts is a winner! (15 mins.)

Cool-down: I love any that keep the relaxation factor on the mat (especially with great *calming* music), as in Stretch Max (with band) or Yoga Relax.

Absolutely CANNOT wait to hear what you're filming next, and which Cathe workouts made the *GH* cut!

This is a workout I made up in the Workout Blender. My favorite STS Plyo Legs Blasts in between my favorite step finished combos.

4DS LIS Warmup 7:39
BM2 Bonus Cardio 5:50
STS Plyo Leg Slow Straddle Jumps 1:32
STS Plyo Leg Squat Jumps 1:06
SM Finished Product 6:42
STS Plyo Leg Quarter Turns Half Turn Jumps Right side 1:46
STS Plyo Leg Power Scissors Alternating 1:14
AS Finished Product 11:03
STS Plyo Leg Quarter Turns Half Turn Jumps Left side 1:15
STS Plyo Leg Down-Up Jumps :55
RS Challenge 8:59
STS Plyo Leg Lateral Skates 1:09
STS Plyo Leg Split Jumps 1:34
4DS HIS Finished Combos 3:28
STS Plyo Leg Straddle Down Jump Ups with Knee Lifts 1:28
STS Plyo Leg Explosive Running Mans 1:19
4DS LIS Finished Product 3:33
AS Stretch 8:17

67 mins total workout time

This one sounds like a total Blast!!!!!

Firewalker Inferno Bonus

This is intended for the Bonus.

Warm Up - Intensity

A. CrossFire - Firewalker Tabata
B. Butts & Guts - Firewalkers
C. CrossFire - Firewalker Tabata
D. XTrain Legs - Firewalkers
E. XTrain CardioLeg Blast - Frog Jumps Forward/Back/Plie Jacks
F. Intensity Boot Camp Bonus - Firewalkers

I think that's probably enough! h

:p

This is intended for the Bonus.

Warm Up - Intensity

A. CrossFire - Firewalker Tabata
B. Butts & Guts - Firewalkers
C. CrossFire - Firewalker Tabata
D. XTrain Legs - Firewalkers
E. XTrain CardioLeg Blast - Frog Jumps Forward/Back/Plie Jacks
F. Intensity Boot Camp Bonus - Firewalkers

I think that's probably enough! h

:p

This is a perfect "bonus" for the "hits" dvd! :)

Short Series of Five DVDs

The way I see it, a Cathe’s Greatest Hits would have to be a short series at least, not just one DVD. My suggestions for the series: Cathe’s Greatest Hits All Step (where it all began:)), CGH Kickbox, CGH Circuit, CGH Total Body Weights, and CGH Travel. Below is a detailed suggestion of what would be on my Cathe's Greatest Hits DVDs.

CGH All Step:Warm Up – 4Day Split Lower Intensity Step Warm Up Segment
Combo 1 – Step Moves Combo 3
Combo 2 – Step Blast Combo 3
Combo 3 – LIS-Low Impact Challenge Combo 4
Combo 4 – Athletic Step Combo 1
Combo 5 (if time allows) – Low Max Step Combo from Interval 7
Finished Combos in zig-zag pattern like in Rhythmic Step
Cool Down – Stretch from Body Max 2
Bonus Segment – 10-15 min blast/athletic style step using segments from LIS-Athletic Training cardio and LIS-Cardio Super Sets bonus step

CGH Kickbox: with boxing gloves
Warm Up – Xtrain Hard Strikes Warm Up
Intermediate Intensity Drills from Kick Punch Crunch
Combo 1 – MMA Kickbox Combo 2
Interval – Icebreakers from XTrain Hard Strikes
Combo 2 – Kick Punch Crunch Combo 1
Interval – Jabs from XTrain Hard Strikes
Combo 3 – Kick Max Combo 3
Interval – Uppercuts/flurries from XTrain Hard Strikes
Combo 4 – MMA Boxing Combo 2
Interval – Pop Squats from XTrain Hard Strikes
Stretch – Kick Max Stretch
Bonus –* new heavy bag workout similar to one in MMA Boxing w/punching and kicking
*I know a new workout is not exactly a Greatest Hits, but it is a Bonus ;)

CGH Circuit:Warm Up – Warm up from Body Max 2
Cardio 1 – LIS-Low Impact Challenge cardio blast
Weights 1 – LIS – Athletic Training ch 7-11 thighs, glutes & shoulders focus
Cardio 2 – Xtrain All Out Low Impact Hiit Round Two step
Weights 2 – 4 Day Split Bootcamp Biceps and Tricep dumbbell exercises only
Cardio 3 – Athletic Step - blast routine after finished combos
Weights 3 – High Reps songs 9&10 chest and ab exercises
Stretch – LIS- Cardio Super Sets stretch
Bonus – Barre segment from XTrain, LIS-Turbo Barre, or Lower Body

CGH Total Body WeightsWarm Up – Warm up segment from LIS –Total Body Trisets
Back and Biceps segments from Body Max 2
LIS-Total Body Trisets Ch/Sh/Tri - sets 1-3 only once
XTrain Legs Ball & Chair segment
Ab segment from Travel Fit
Bonus – STS Ab Circuits: yoga, pilates, basic no equipment, or Stability Ball

CGH Travel: (either separated cardio and muscle conditioning or circuit style alternating cardio & conditioning)
Warm Up – Warm up segment in Travel Fit
Cardio – 25 mins of Slide and Glide exercises from: XTrain All Out Low Impact Hiit Round Three Disc, LIS-Slide & Glide cardio segment
Muscle Conditioning Legs – LIS Athletic Training Abduction Work Firewalkers & Hamstring Kickbacks, XTrain Legs ch 6&7 side lunge with disc and warrior lunge with disk, Travel Fit deadlifts
Muscle Conditioning Biceps – Travel Fit Band Bicep Curls, Travel Fit Band Curls and Presses
Muscle Conditioning Triceps – Travel Fit Bow & Arrows, Travel Fit Overhead Extensions, LIS – Slide and Glide tricep push-ups with disc
Muscle Conditioning Back/Shoulders – Travel Fit Band Pull Downs, High Reps song 4 Y’s and T’s, LIS-Slide and Glide chapter 9 w/firewalker loop
Muscle Conditioning Chest – LIS – Total Body Trisets soldier plank push ups, LIS-Slide and Glide sliding/dragging push-ups with disc.
Muscle Conditioning Abs – LIS-Turbo Barre ½ of Abdominals segment
Stretch – LIS-Slide and Glide Stretch Segment
Bonus – CrossFire Low Impact Tabata

I don't have the smarts to do a whole workout but the one thing, my Absolute Favorite, of all the Cathe's I own.....

The Finished Combos at the end of 4DS HIS. Particularly the song that plays at the very end during the Power Boxes...female vocalist....LOVE! That gets me absolutely flying and smiling ear to ear.

I wish I could find that song...anyone with any hints would have my undying appreciation.

Greatest Hits From The Old School!

Hey remember Kick, Punch & Crunch? I got some of my best cardio from that one! Oh, and how 'bout the Supersets? Both were (and still are) oldies but goodies!!!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.