50 and over January check in

The cards we used I got from Jann. If you have the booklet and a copier you can just copy those pages. I guess you got the same booklet online with the downloads. I have to have a piece of paper in front of me and write weights down as I go along.

I did all of leg blast but it wasn't pretty. Strength portion is fine but cardio only slightly resembles what Cathe is doing. Lots of modification but from the amount of sweat I would say it was a good workout.
Yes, the downloads included the same booklet in pdf form. :)
Joan -- I was modifying this one too!! I thought to myself, gesh if anyone sees me they wouldn't think I was following the tv - :p I was sweating like crazy at the end - so that is what counts!

Sheila, no resolutions for me. I do want to stay as healthy and fit as I can in 2013! :)

Did you? Good luck with your jobs!

Hard Strikes premix today -- short one. I guess I'll add some core work at the end. I did core#2 last week and was sore for days. :)

Last edited:
Today is Supercuts. Just done test 2 of an assessment. Have a little cold and feel better when I eat ALOT.
No resolutions for me.

It's funny but with STS I was hungry all the time and I think I ate more and didn't lose weight. I don't seem to be starving this time.

Workout manager is messing with me. I marked my workout done and it doesn't change the icon, but I found when I went to my FB page it was there four times! So, I had to delete three of them. Guess I'll just have to leave it like that and see if it eventually changes.

Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders today. I like this kind of heavier lifting. Heavy, but moves along at a good pace. Tomorrow I have Cardio Leg Blast and since you guys have finished it, I'll just have to suck it up and do the same. :p

JT I'm interested to hear how you like Supercuts. Not sure when that comes up in my rotation.

Sheila that's great that you were able to do all that remodeling now. Our house will be paid off in just a few more years, so we won't have a payment anymore and, if we are still here, we can start doing some of that. I'm sorry about your husband. Hard enough to lose someone, but so much harder when it's long before you would expect it. I have a friend who recently lost her 47 yo husband unexpectedly and she is struggling a great deal with the loss.

I've generally stopped making New Years resolutions and just try to do everything I need to do all the time. Though given my recent layoff from exercise that obviously has bumps sometimes.

I did not make any resolutions this year. I feel like I am doing what I need to do except maybe drink more water. I thought maybe I could steal some of your resolutions .:p I do have a goal which is pretty much the same as last year - Add Muscle. I think I was successful in adding some muscle last year. I am positive that I did not lose any muscle and I am stronger than this time last year. Patience my friend.
JT - also wondering about Super cuts. I won't be doing that one until week 5 of my rotation. today is my first HIIT workouts. I am disappointed that my quads are not sore from yesterday. My triceps are still sore from the bi's and tri's several days ago. :eek:
I am loving the variety in these workouts and I love the bonus options.
Gotta go play :D
sheila

Hi Ladies. My resolution was to stop with the diet sodas and so far so good.

It was a little hard getting on the xtrain today because of the doms in my legs but I was able to do the premix of hard strikes. that workout is easy to follow and was fun doing it with my pink gloves. My hands were sweaty . I will sub this workout with mma-boxing or Amy bento " in the ring" dvds. I was looking at the heavy bag part of the workout and now I want a heavy bag too. There are so many premixes, which I love. I can't see myself doing the same premix for 3 months.

Yesterday's workout was cardio leg blast and that dvd reminds me of cardio and weights. It was hard for me to do because I was picking up too heavy weights.

My eats have been good and my weight is down about 2#.

Sheila I love the variety of this series too. I'm going to save the 100 rep challenges for a month long workout which works one body part at a time.

Cathy is burn set like sts meso 3

Jt how was supercuts?

sheila don't worry about the doms because you are still gaining muscle and burning fat.

HI all!
I did premix 16 + #1core of Hard Strikes today. Fun! I can really feel hard strikes working my core.

Robin I gave up diet coke last January. It was tough, then when I tasted it again after 6 months, it was awful -- good thing :) congrats on the 2#'s!

Cathy, haven't tried to enter my workout today on WM -- I 'll see how it goes.

Sheila, I am so sorry about your husband.

Jen, How many tests do you have?

Joan, Good news on the starving -- shoot it must just be me. :confused:

Thanks Cathy!! WM is still not working, I only checked it once because of the FB updates. :)

Supercuts was great. It kept my heart rate up.
Took my third test today.
Problem with dude watching me workout from his bedroom. His house sits behind my neighbor's house across the street and mine sits high and back.

JT - that's really creepy for that guy to watch you work out. I don't even let my boyfriend watch me work out.

I did the 2 Hiit workouts followed by core 1 and then I did burn chest and burn shoulders. I feel like a kid in a candy factory,, I want to try them all :D
Wow, I'm tired. night, night
sheila

JT that's totally creepy. Especially that he's watching from his bedroom! :mad:

Jann I saw on the workout manager forum that apparently there was a crash the other day and then the company in charge of fixing it apparently messed that up. Curious as to what happens when it is all fixed, if those icons will change to show they were done. At least it's showing up on FB.

Today was Cardio Leg Blast and I did the whole thing. Actually wasn't sucking near as much wind today, and it didn't seem nearly as bad. Maybe I was short on sleep or something last week. That definitely happens! I opted to skip core today though and I'll add it in tomorrow since it's a shorter workout.

Derek forgot his lunch this morning. Realized it as soon as he went to get out of the van, so I had to run that to school. But, I also needed to mail my Mom's birthday card and get gas, so I just did it all then rather than wait until this afternoon. I do think it's the first time he's ever forgotten it and Nick only forgot his once, so hopefully, it'll be another year or so before it happens again.

Went to a Wellness Committee meeting last night at the school. We are putting together a Family Wellness Fair for one night of the Turn Off Your TV week events. The boys cracked me up, as separately, when I mentioned the TOYTV week to them, they were both horrified and wanted to know why anyone would do that. What's funny is that except for a couple sports games on the weekend, we don't watch actual TV and until October when our old TV died we couldn't even get it anymore. So, the only thing they can do is watch DVD's and videos.

Wow Sheila send me some of all that extra energy you've got. I actually have quite a bit of my own right now, but yours is obviously more abundant!

JT I'm glad to hear that you like Supercuts. Does it remind you of any specific workout in the Low Impact Series?

Jann I really liked Hard Strikes. I have it coming up again in a couple days.

Happy Wednesday!!

Jann. Hard strikes is a great workout, it's on my agenda for tonight.

Sheila. Congrats on your awesome workout, you rocked it!! Two HiITs!!

Cathy. A few years ago, many Cathietes from MI met for lunch in Lansing near MSU campus. You didn't go. CakeBaker was there. Also, some Cathietes showed me how IKEA worked in Canton then I got to teach others.

Joan. Hope life is treating you well.

Robin. You're way better than me to give up soda. I did it a few times but always end of going back.

Update: With my cold, I feel better when working out and eating cause as the saying goes, "starve a fever and feed a cold." But, my illness came to lack of caloric intake and weather change.
Going to change my workout schedule for awhile.
Still in the running for two jobs which I always wanted. Got encouraged to call for updates from the HR department. Got an inside number even. Feel blessed cause HR knows I'm interested and how important it is to me. No decision delays Ft. Worth.
These are different positions than the one I tested for this week.

Coming back (I hope!!!) Got my XTRAIN but haven't started yet! I started clogging last year (yea, you read that right)and class started again last night. Turned 60 in August this past year. OH YEAH, I tend to feel it on most days and modification is my middle name.

I had the trainer at the gym yesterday. I will count that as my bi & tris day. He went over booklet and will be working with me. I may have to move things around. We do upper body on Tuesday and lower body on Thursday. I would like to work both areas twice a week.

I also started premix 16 last night. I didn't even finish it but all the bouncing around has got my ankles killing me today. Ever since I had stress fractures in both ankles I have had to be careful. It has been quite a while since they have bothered me. I won't be doing that disc again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.