40s + October: Nice to Meet You!

today I walked 3.3 miles and did 60 min on the pilates reformer. My body is just telling me to get a nice gentle stretch on. I've been bad for the last week doing my stretches.

roxie, good calorie burn!

waves to everyone else, i've gotten interrupted twice now an have really lost any train of thought I ever had!

OMG! Feels so good to workout. Car is still in shop. I should get it out later today. Yesterday, we keep DHs work schedule which made have to come in very early. Today, we kept my work schedule, so I got my workout in! Whoo Hooooo.

I did a Flextrain premix. Man, I love that workout.

Oooooh Lisa, that was a really cool workout.

Hi everyone

Shereta - I'm liking that workout as well. Haven't tried a premix yet.

Lisa - I love the photo of you and Cathe, by the way.

Roxie - are you going to turn into a cycle addict like Lisa? :)

I'm feeling like you Lisa, (though no RT as an excuse). Really felt in need of stretching out, so did an hour of yoga. It did the trick. We've got a visitor coming to stay for a few days on Sunday, so tomorrow is going to cleaning!

You've got to have a look at this:
It just cracked me up. I used to have a leotard like the black one that the instructor wears, but in purple! I never had the tights though. I thought I was the bees knees! o_O

Ronne, I had that VHS and used it extensively! I used to FF through the country/teased hair patchwork jeannie leo girl. I still hear little sound bytes from them. So painful to watch now. I bet you rocked that purple leo!
Shereta, good job on flextrain and good luck w/ getting car today.
Lisa, did I distract you with my "i lost my shoes" texting yesterday? : D
Mary, did you celebrate 13yo bd? Are you all TEENS now? Good job on body maintenance, lol!
Roxie it cooled here a bit, too.
Waves to murphy!
I did KCM Body Training 2 yesterday. Today was PRS2 x 40 min (w/u and 6 combos). It was pretty easy to follow, but I watched it yesterday over coffee and wake up. There is a pm on there that has many of the PRS1 combos on it. I might give those a try. Anyway, after 40 min of step I did 20 min of KCM Wts 2.

Good Morning,

I just finished KCM's Trim Down Boxing then gave my body a much needed stretch Total Body Stretching Basic and my planks. My body is saying it needs more stretching everything is tight.

Ronne-I still have that workout actually did it a couple of years ago.

Jody-good job with your workout.

OK, let's see how this posting goes today! It seems everyone and their brother was calling/texting.

Jody, let's see, you texted, Diana called and chatted during her lunch hour, old cleaning lady called, and DH came home with DS dog (that was the biggest distraction), I threw up my hands and called the post done! It's like Murphy's law, when you are busy everyone will want you (Murphy you need to get that changed!) WOW, that RT kicked you into high gear! I forgot about those premixes on PRS2, I've done them before, they are good.

Ronne, that video is funny! I was in a pink leotard, tights and leggings, I thought I was the bomb (and so did a few guys at the gym---yea I used to like the gym when I was single :) . Thanks for the complement on the picture, I know I'm not as pretty as Jody, but in my defense I didn't have makeup on :) . (that's meant to be funny). There are quite few from the RT complaining of sore glutes too, whew, I thought I was just out of shape or something since Jody and Diana said they were ok. Not sure if I said massage lady got out a good knot in my left shoulder blade---the rest of that day, my mid back muscles just felt so weak (guess they were used to being tight), anyway, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm being careful not to overdo it too much (I've lost the weight, I've been to the RT), now I can slack a bit :) . But, ah, it feels so good to not hurt. My neck/skull area hurt a bit....from the bicep work and computer time. A personal trainer told me to stand against a wall and put my elbows up against the wall to keep the neck out of the equation, it worked pretty good but I still think the neck/skull area just needs more strengthening. That is the one area that hurt during RT (from holding my head up all day/night).

Shereta, good job on getting a workout in. What premix did you do? I've never done a premix on FT. I feel a bit in my lat/rhomboid (where I get my knots) from my pilates yesterday, it was just enough, made me realize to quit over doing it!

Roxie, have you tried out studiosweatondemand for spinning, LOVE LOVE LOVE

Mary, can't wait to hear about you zip lining. The first jump is scary, after that it's waaaaay cool...they even had us going upside down. I guess I'm a adrenaline junkie....skiing, roller coasters, zip lining, river rafting the rapids.....um, yea, now we know why my neck is the way it is :)

Whoops, forgot to put in my workout.....I did supercuts and 3 mile walk, I'm almost recovered from RT and travel

Lisa, you looked pretty all day long, no escalating from morning face to presentable. I tried to do PRS2 yesterday, but I just didn't have enough oomph but I'm glad I've cracked it open and gave it a go.
Roxie, I bet those abs w/ Jane would still be challenging.

Hi all. I took two days off and now I feel great. I did 4DS KB in its entirety. I upped the weights and was happy with the results. Plus, I had an echo (they check your heart) and blood work done and I am A-OK. I think all that good news and re-lighting my fire.
Is anyone getting the calendar? I bought it once before but am undecided now.

Shereta - thanks for the gentle kick in the pants to get back to exercise. Good job on FT; I like that one too.
Ronne - My alarm goes off at 4:40 am. I often snooze until 4:50 and start exercising at 5. I thought about doing shorter workouts, but I need to do the longer ones to get the (steroid) weight off. I was maintaining my weight with the shorter workouts. I still mix them in, but I feel like I need to do more to keep the weight coming off (10 pounds down). By the way, what movie did you see?
Roxie - good job with the workouts. I hope things work out with the CNA position.
Jody/Lisa - glad to hear you are recovering. RT are fun but they can be exhausting.
Mary - how was the zip line?

Murphy

Good Afternoon,

I did Xtrain AOLIH and STS Med Ball Abs feeling very worked out.

Murphy-good job with your workout and glad to here everything is ok. Congrats on the wt loss. I haven't heard anything on the job.

Jody-that ab workout was tough.

Sorry, my responses are so short. I will get better in time.
Today, I did Party Rock step 2. Someone an another thread mentioned doing it on an 8in. I started out that way, but half way through I had to lower it down to 6. It was so much fun I really wanted to finish it.

Did ME today. I keep forgetting about the leg work. I did not do the 3rd set, I think I was annoyed. I did do the rest and with higher weights than in the past but not too crazy. I still need to keep an eye on these shoulders.
Hi-fives and waves to all!

Murphy

Hello everyone! I feel like I have been gone from here forever! Weekend was so much fun! Saturday we went to Peek n Peek, it's in New York, about 2 hours away. We did an obstacle zip line course in the trees. Pretty amazing! Of course it was pouring rain, which actually was nice because hardly anyone was on the course. Thank goodness for CATHE! Lots of climbing, if I was smarter I could attach the video! Then we did dinner, the pool, hit the pub for dessert and fell into bed. Sunday we went to do the zip line only course, only two of us were brave enough! The twins, they said they were petrified! The smaller zip lines on the obstacle course were more my speed! MURPHY, those leg presses in ME just annoy me! There are SO many! Shereta, 8 inches!? That's a lot of step! Roxie, hope you hear something about the job this week. Lisa, are you recovered now? Yes, you are beautiful on the outside and more importantly on the inside! Jody, are you working a lot? Ronne, what fun did you get into? Well,I have lots of wash, cleaning, dentist (crown), I'd better get moving! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - sounds like you had such a fun weekend. There is no way on this earth you could ever get me on a zip wire, so I'm really impressed!

Murphy - great news on your check-up. Sounds like you've found your exercise mojo again.

Shereta - I would never attempt anything on an 8 inch step (is that 3 risers each side? I get confused).

Roxie - hope you get some good job news soon

Jody - love your new photo, by the way.

Lisa - the same thing happened to me on Friday. My friend popped round and we had a coffee, at the same time my mum phoned, then the next door neighbour rang the bell. I was telling my friend that I can go days without speaking to anyone but she didn't believe me! ;)

Had a busy weekend. I did 4 hours of house cleaning on Sat (Mary, you would have been proud!). Then our German visitor arrived Sat evening. We took her to Blenheim Palace yesterday, then she took us out for dinner last night. You know what a day's sightseeing is like. I was shattered by the time I went to bed. Also, I've been attempting to speak German and concentrating really hard to listen to her and DH talking. My brain was fried!
No workouts over the weekend, but I did KCM Trim Down 2 today. 30 minutes was plenty for me!

Another short post, but hey at least I''m consistant right?

8 in is the step plus 2 risers each side.

Today's workout was most of Muscle Max. I need more weight work, so I'll try to get in two a week.

Mary, you MUST post video! I looked up the place and it looks so fun. I really want to go!!!! I wonder if there is some website somewhere that rates and evaluates such parks, there might be something relatively close to me, except that we have no mountains here in FL.
Shereta, I need more wt work too, more everything work, really. Post whatever you want/can, it is just nice to have you.
Ronne, was this a repeat visit for you? I looked up that website as well. Beautiful. Can you see it all in one day?
Murphy, ha ha at annoyed w/ leg work and whoopee for A-OK. : )
Roxie, I bet you feel worked out after that. I haven't done AOLIHit in ???
Lisa, I think I have to be recovered from RT, though I did sleep til 9 today. I can't blame travel or RT from here on out. I might try to figure out a way to get a short workout in on work days.
I did CrossFire about 50 min (no abs and no plyo tabata). I like the music and warm up and the moves in that one. CF and TTM are two of my faves when I'm up for them.

Good Afternoon,

I did Xtrain CB&S then went for a walk to the library its a beautiful day here. Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the job nothing yet to report.

I've been MIA, had a lazy weekend. Seems like when DS visits I just can't get in a groove as I feel I should be 'available'. Silly Mom. Saturday I i 35 min of spinning and a 1 mile dog walk, sunday, just a 2 mile dog walk. Today I did cross fire and 2.5 mile dog walk. In my defense for Sunday I woke up with a HUGE shoulder knot, I don;'t know why as I've been taking it easy, guess it just was. DH had to press on it to get it to release, crazy muscle.

Jody, I think I may finally be recovered from RT, I had to force myself to stay up past when I was tired to reset my internal clock for sleep. And soon we will change the clocks back, arg! Like minds with the Cross Fire, I did the plyo tabata but no abs.

Shereta, your consistency is awesome, how tall are you that you can use a 8" step? My heart rate goes thru the roof with that high of a step.

Ronne, oh I can believe it! it's like all the cosmic forces align to have everyone calling on you the same day! That concentrating and german sounds extremely tiring....but good for the ole brain!

Mary, sounds like you had a good time! You should have tried zip lining, it's a rush!

Murphy, I dislike LB stuff on ME, nuff said!

Roxie, I love fall weather, was gorgeous here today too. Bing car was driving around while we walked, looked like mapping roads, wonder if I'll be a star on the internet on Lotus Way...LOL

Did a ride premix. I did some modifying but still felt good.

Mary - the zip line sounds fun. I think I would have freaked out.
Ronne - friends still there? Sounds like fun.
Shereta - I love weight work. I have trouble with the aerobics.

Waves to all.

Murphy

I celebrated my 48th birthday with CTX UB. Feeling ready for some cake now! :p

Jody - no it takes more than one visit really but we converted our day tickets into annual passes (for nothing) so we can keep going back when we want to.

Hi to all - apologies for lack of personals, will be back tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.