40s + October: Nice to Meet You!

Hey Yall, and happy Monday. I was so busy this weekend I don't think I even looked in on here.

But, today I did 2 portions of X10. Whew is all I can say.:eek:

Good morning! Today did a Turbo Jam workout from half price books, 5 workouts for $1! Couldn't walk by it, it wasn't too bad. Jody, hope you aren't too tired from the weekend at work today! Lisa, how are you feeling? I hope you aren't in any pain. Cathe looks so petite and buff! Is she as nice as she seems? I just imagine her being so lovely. Jody, you made the right call not getting squat rack legs, I think I have only used it once. Ronne, weekend sounds perfect! Let me know how you like the movie, I tried to read the book and had a really hard time with it. Roxie, good luck with the job hunt today. Murphy, when is your last treatment? Soon, right? I'm excited for you to be done. Shereta, I don't pull that workout out too often, it's hard! Well, have to go back and get my root canal finished today, then I get to go get my hair done. At least ending on a positive note! Mary

Hey ladies! Just a quick post to say I'm home! Suki really missed me she was so excited to see me, was snorting through her nose as she ran around the house ;) I talked Jody out of squat rack, and I'm glad you backed me up Mary! CATHE is sweet, it would have been nice to have a bit more time with her, but don't see how she could anyway.
My neck held up pretty well, and no muscle knots in the shoulder blade(except from 1st day awful plane trip--- sat for 2 hours on runway waiting for them to fix misc things, so sat there for 5.5 hours, ugh!). My neck did get tired on Friday night/Sat day, I just needed to rest it more... too much time doing things and not enough time laying my head and relaxing, so after paying more attention to resting Saturday between classes it felt much better. I think I did pretty well keeping up (except in the AB work, I just can't lift my head up, and I was in the front row! CATHE did kind of look at me, but she is so sweet and always said do what you can we are all dealing with different issues. During burpees, there were a couple other ladies standing up and not doing them either, so I didn't feel too odd.
I got in late (11 pm ) last night, I'm beat, taking it easy and doing laundry and catching up on those day to day things that don't get done unless I do them! Oh, and the couple people I told what issue I had going on, they were amazed at all I could do!

Here are some pics of Jody, pink in one, turquoise in another in case you miss them from Cathe posts. And then our dinner picture where we met some very nice ladies.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413212846808.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413212846808.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413212851919.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413212851919.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413212885319.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413212885319.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
Oh and our wine pic,
b5b99459d102ff417a93371eea132145.jpg
81c40533af96944a78331d988abb0754.jpg
ddefd229aa32fe8b5a2d687693958a4c.jpg

Good Afternoon,

I did XT BS CB&S and I will do planks later. Its a rainy icky day here today.

Mary-DON wasn't there today left her a message on the phone to call me. I did get a phone call from the school to sub again October 27th. I like Turbo Jam they are good for days when you don't want a tough workout.

Jody-you are a very pretty lady.

Lisa-rest and get caught up today.

Shereta-I don't do those workouts very often.

I must have channeled Ronne, today I did a TBT UB premix. I forgot that the premix has not warm up and the stretch seemed to focus on the lower body. ??? I added abs and made the best of it. Yesterday I did a little over 2 hours of just dance on the Wii. I did not want to do a dvd and the kids were sleep so I went for it. When they did get up they kept saying try this one, try that one, so I did. It worked out for me - no pun intended. :)

Ronne - how was the movie? Someone recommended it.
Roxie - sounds like a nice weekend.
Jody/Lisa - glad you had a good time. Do you think you would do it again? The suite did sound nice.
Shereta - that is a tough workout.
Mary - is Turbo Jam the one with Shaun T? I just could not get into that one. ?? Yes, I have one more treatment on the 29th! After that just follow-up's every few months.

Murphy

No workout today. Lights went out right before I stuck CD in. :( Whole neighborhood is out. Rained all the way to work. Yucky day so far

Good afternoon

Murphy - how odd that the premix doesn't have a warm-up. The Wii workouts sounds fun. We've got that one as well.

Roxie - good workout

Lisa - love the photos. Glad to hear that your neck hasn't suffered.

Mary - hope the root canal work went OK. Have you got all the grey covered now?! ;)

Well, I didn't make it to the cinema last night after all. The weather is absolutely awful, it rained all day yesterday and I was going to be walking in so I thought it wasn't worth it. I might try and see it on Wednesday instead.
Did a Michelle Dozois Peak 10 cardio. I started out thinking that I wasn't really enjoying it but found myself going all the way through.

Hello! Today did Tabatacize, it was hard! Lol! Shereta, God sent you a message loud and clear! Rest day for you! Roxie, hope they call back soon! Lisa, how are you feeling today? Jody, have you recovered from weekend and work? Or are you at work now? Murphy, turbo jam is Chalean, it's ok. It was a $1. For 5 workouts! Ronne, hope you get to the movies tomorrow. Survived root canal and no more gray! Now for crown next Monday! Might not be around again til Monday. Tomorrow have to shop for little ones 13th birthday on Thursday, Friday is football, and we leave Saturday for our zip lining weekend. I'm scared! Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - good workout. That's a bargain even if you only like one of the workouts. Sounds like you're going to be busy. Hope the kids have a nice birthday.

Hi to all the lurkers!

Did KCM Olympic lifting and then Core 1 from Xtrain.
I'm going to attempt the cinema again tonight ;)

Today was an AB premix. I really need to stop goofing off in the morning. I may need to change up this rotation to get out of this funk.

Ronne - I hope you make it to the movies.
Mary - glad the root canal is over. Enjoy the zip line.
Shereta - I may have to try Party Step Rock. I don't care for most step dvd's but I am not sure if I gave it a chance. I have issues.
Jody/Lisa - how are you feeling?
Roxie - did you sub for the same grade level?

Murphy

Hi ladies, I'm still trying to recover from the RT :). I have been walking 3 miles everyday, today I finally added on xt bi/tri, I just can't bring myself to do any legs or cardio! Had a massage yesterday, had some shoulder blade knots.

Murphy, I love goofing off :).
Ronne, hope you make it to the cinema.
Shereta, at least you had a good excuse ;)
Mary, can't wait to hear what you think of zip lining
Roxie, I'm still trying to get back into my timezone, been waking up waaaay too early, must still be on east coast time.

Today was an AB premix. I really need to stop goofing off in the morning. I may need to change up this rotation to get out of this funk.

Murphy

Alright, Mursphy, we will want a good post tomorrow. Seriously, I get off track sometimes in the AM as well. But, stay focused and get it done. You will feel so much better afterwards. :)

Good Evening,

I didn't get a workout in yesterday I went back to my old town to apply for a CNA position but the Director of Nursing was in surgery so I didn't get to talk to her then I went to lunch with DH's DS. I did get a phone call from the school asking me to work today so that is what I did then went I got home I did Xtrain Burn Set Bis & Tris and walked on the TM for 30 minutes. I am having some stiffness in my lower back have a hard time bending over so I might have to either go lighter on the wts or do no wts.

Murphy-today I was in mainly 1st, 2nd and 5th grade helping kids that have attention problems.

Shereta-good job with your workout.

Lisa-how is the adjusting going good job with the walk and bi & tri workout.

Mary-have fun zip lining your are bravier than I am.

I'm off today! :) :) unpack max and laundry max coming up along with evaluate finanancial damage max. Now that is gonna hurt.
Mary zip line sounds fun, where do you go?
Roxie, thank you so much :). Good luck with the cna job. Although part time at school sounds kinda nice.
Lisa you miss our time zone but not the heat. You were like instant puddle, just add sunrise
.shereta, I just got prs2. I heard prs1 fun but I haven't wanted to learn choreography lately. Glad you had fun with it.
Murphy, I felt fine after rt. Friday was easy, Sat harder but fun
and manageable, Sun was relatively intense but just one workout. How much time do you have in the morning?
Ronne what did u think of that kcm Olympic? I haven't done it yet. I hope movie was good
Bbl

Awwww man, car's in shop. have to share with DH. I don't mind that, but I cant workout in the AM cause we leave too early. Hopefully this won't last long. I'll have to get something done tonight. Wish me luck, ladies.

Hi all

Lisa - sounds like you need a few recovery days.

Murphy - an AB premix is still a good workout. Do you need to switch to shorter workouts for a bit? Sounds like you're feeling a bit burned out, if you're timewasting in the mornings.

Roxie - take care, back off if you need to. Better to be safe than sorry.

Jody - good to see you. Sounds like you and Lisa had a great time on the RT. Loved all the photos. Financial damage max is a workout I don't want to own. ;) Yeah, I like the OL, now and again, just for a change. It's quite repetitive and very straighforward which is what I want sometimes.

Did another Michelle Dozois today, Cardio Strength. It was harder than the one I did the other day, but I did go heavier on the weights than I have in the past.
Thought the film was great last night, I was gripped from start to finish. A surprising amount of humour in there along with the horribleness!

Good Morning,

I did Cyclemax Express Premix 41 minutes 317 cals burned. DH said something about going to the lake today but its not real warm out yet.

Ronne-glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. Good job with your workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.