40s + October: Nice to Meet You!

Hello All. Today's workout was CrossFire. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I was a beast. I did almost all the jumping. It was just fun. But after 25 min, I did have to go make a protein shake. LOL I sipped on it through the rest of the workout. This is the first week in years I've gotten all 6 workouts in. I will enjoy my rest day tomorrow.

Last edited:
Today was 2.5 dog walk and 60 min of spinning.

Ronne, I look at the pictures and try to think, how will I modify that?

Murphy, for some of the muscle groups I hope to be back to my pounds pre-surgery , for some, I hope to be close to (like maybe one less dumbbell, for example 12 instead of 15), I'm not going to push those muscle groups. I'm going to be strong but sensible, heck, I'm 50 now, it's about time! lol

Shereta, good just on being a beast! What a comical thread hijacking you had on the other forum :) I totally get the difference the admin talked about with knees being ok with jumping but maybe not twisting moves....I have a knee like that.

Roxie, what books are you reading? I'm going to start the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr (never read her before).

Hello all! Today took the dogs on a long walk/jog, hopefully wore them out! Shereta, I really like CF, have to have lots of energy for that one! Ronne, did you get anything good shopping? Yes, that is myself, DH and eldest DS, we were at a parade watching his twin and smallest DS in the band. Roxie, have fun this weekend! Sounds like you'll be busy! Lisa, I want to like HS, maybe if I did the low impact jumping jacks? I like RK better. Just think next weekend (is that right?) you'll be with Jody ANd Cathe! Jody, are you working this weekend? Well, dryer just sang my name! Mary

Hi all! yes I'm working this weekend. I'll have Mon and Tues to get ready for rt. I keep thinking I'll have more time and I keep not having more time. I can't imagine anyone being less "prepped" for a cathe rt. I haven't even done a cathe in a month. oh well. Ronne, both my girls like HP but one more than the other. She also loves all the Harry Potter Musical- its a you tube available spoof from a group in Cali (StarKid productions). Darren Criss was HP and he is on Glee now. One song from it was "Is he gay or European?" regarding Snape I think. One more 12 and I get two days off!
I'll try to be back w/ personals by Mon, but it is nice to scan the posts and know that workouts are getting done and everyone is doing OK.

I went for a TTM premix today. I skipped the step and added the S&G discs and fitness tabata's. That premix is actually a bit longer than the main program. But I think it is "easier" than the step portion - especially since I am not a fan of step. I may try it next time, just because.

Oh, someone had asked me what I had Cathe sign at the RT. I brought the cover of the LIS series. Plus, I bought a shirt and the crew signed it. They had sharpies to sign with. With the RT, just don't go all out from day one. There are a TON of workouts for that weekend, pace yourself.

I did 2.5 miles dog walk and then XT legs wow after spinning, my glutes were fried, I was ready to cry during the weighted pizza presses

Jody, you'll be fine at the RT, and when we can't do something, then we'll just have to take a break and play pat-a-cake :)

Murphy, wow you are really killing the workouts!

Hello, today was YR, hadn't done that in forever! Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! Talk to you all tomorrow! Mary

Good Afternoon,

DH and I just got home from a very busy weekend. I got the spin bike from my SIL can't wait to give it a try. My DS and I went for a 1 mile walk this morning and it was nice to have a chance to talk to her. DH thinks I need to find out more about working in the Surgical Center so I am going to call tomorrow and find out what the pay would be to see if its worth it.

Lisa-I am reading some books my youngest DD gave me they are by Ally Condle Matched, Crossed and Reached its about some society that runs the world but there is about to be a rebellion not my usual kind of reading but it never hurts to read something different, waiting on the new Nora Roberts to come out.

Hello All. Today is a rest day for me, and I feel like I truly deserve it.

Lisa, how often do you spin? I've never done it altho I have one of Cathe's spinning dvds. I know I would love it once I built my endurance up.

ScubaGirl, I'm glad you can take your dogs for a walk. When I walk "Buddy", he drags me almost the whole way. Hilarious. He walk/runs, then stops the pee, walk/runs, stops to pee.....etc. lol

Faithnveggies, happy packing. One day, I hope to make a road trip. :confused:

Murphy, the step portion of TTM is my least favorite workout, but the last time I did it, I had better endurance. It seems to go on forever, but it's a great calorie burner.

Hi everyone

Shereta - well done on the 6 days. I only manage that a few times a year!

Roxie - sounds like a nice weekend.

Mary - that's a great photo. I see what you mean about curly hair, it's much curlier than mine! Are all your kids taller than you now?!

Jody - love the song title. Sounds like you need rest before the RT with all the long shifts. Just go and have fun!

Lisa - I never use the weights on those pizza presses, I just don't like it and it hurts. Aren't you supposed to be tapering this week?

Murphy - well done on the weights. You're really getting back into shape, aren't you?

Enjoyed my rest day yesterday. Got some new winter boots, DH bought them for me, an early birthday present (it's not for a couple of weeks yet).
Did KCM Trim Down 1. Bit short of time. It felt a lot easier than last time I did it.
I've got to catch up on my course reading. I'm behind!

Happy monday All. Today's workout was HardStrikes. I only got 35 min or so in, but I really enjoyed it.

and I lost 2.5 lbs last week!!!

Good morning! Today did PLB. Shereta, congrats on the weight loss! That's hard work! Ronne, do you have homework every week? Do you get credits for the class? Roxie, is the job in the same city where your last one was? Enjoy your spin bike! Lisa/Jody! Road trip week! How excited are you? When do you get there? You two better keep us in the loop! Please?? Have some errands to run and have to run into work, have a good Monday! Mary

Good Morning,

Cycle Max Express done this morning and holy cow what a calorie burner. After reading the news letter I will do KCM Split Sessions Upper Body later.

Mary-yes the job is in the same town I was working in there is a chance DH could get a job there next August so we could move back.

Shereta-good job with your workout.

OK, OK, Ronne, you are right I need to taper off now! So only a 3 mile dog walk.... my lower back , glutes, and hamstring are tired and tight, and since I don't' want to do UB work, I decided resting was in order. I"m mostly packed, that's a workout in itself!

Roxie, I never could get into spinning even with CAthe spin workouts, but man, once I got onto studiosweatondemand.com, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Actually, it's more like a love/hate, just like with running (I don't' run anymore), you hate starting it, the 1st 10 min are the hardest, but after you are done you LOVE how you feel :). Yes, I've read those books, they are good, but of course I don't' really remember them now :)

ROnne, whenever I buy early birthday presents, I normally get something more later too (I'm bad), so is this really the only present you will get or do you have plans for more?

Mary, oh, you know I'll post on FB! Now that I can post pictures to the forums again and I'm bringing my tablet I'll try to post some here. I leave Thursday at 10am, get in to ORlando at 3:30 where Jody and I will meet up!

Shereta, Great job on the wt loss! Isn't' 35 min of HS basically the cardio portion, so you didn't miss that much! Keep on trucking!

Jody, eeeeeekkkk! Are you ready??????????????????

Waves to Murphy

Hi all

Mary - No, not every week, I just need to keep up with reading the books. I have a rolling piece of work to complete over the 10 weeks and a 500 word essay to write at some point. If I wanted to, it would give a small amount of credits towards a degree but I'm just doing it for the interest and brain work. I'm sure if I said I didn't want to do the work, I wouldn't have to.

Roxie - I guess you've got extra time for workouts at the moment.

Lisa - glad you're listening ;) You must put lots of photos up. I'm soooo jealous! No, that really is it for presents. I'll probably get something small to open on the day. We have just spent a small fortune on flights!

AB 1-5 premix done. Felt good. I'm sure last month's rotation has improved my cardio ability. Got to do a bit of cleaning this pm, parents arriving tomorrow for a few days.

Lisa, I'm looking forward to meeting up w/ you and the RT! I'll probably inactivate my fb page. I haven't logged onto fb in weeks,maybe months? I dislike most pics of myself, and I don't want to get tagged in photos on fb. shrug. I'll get packed today.

Ronne, what is the subject of the class again? Good job on AB pm.

Roxie, I've been doing mostly KCM's lately, at least I've gotten to start to tell them apart. I bought a lot of them at once. Have fun at the wedding and visit w/ family.

Mary, I figure you guys will be getting frequent updates on this thread, be careful what you ask for!

Shereta, good job on wt loss! I'm always thinking about that. Do you think it was food or workouts? Have we been on a thread together before? Long time ago, a WW thread w/ fitmommy/Wendy? I haven't stuck to my WW rules and tools in ages.

Murphy, thanks for the advice on RT. I was looking at pics from Daytona 2009. There were Steps. I wonder if they will have them again? I thought they didn't use them on non new jersey trips. ABmanda was on that trip. I wonder if/which cast members may join us in DB. I have no idea what to have Cathe sign.

Hair cut today w/ dd. I turned down work in order stay home and get some stuff done. nice to see yall

Hi Yall. Quick checkin. I didn't workout this morning. DH was on sofa and I didn't want to go through there and wake him up, but I should get it later.

Faithnveggies, we may have been together on a WWers thread some years ago. I lost last week due to great workouts, sleep and controlled eating of good food choices.

Good Morning,

I did KCM's Split Sessions Upper Body then a 2.01 mile run/walk in the park and my planks.

Ronne-yes more time to workout but it doesn't help pay the bills.

Jody & Lisa-enjoy the road trip.

Today I only did 30 min of jumping on the jumpboard of the reformer, then a 3.3 mile dog walk. I'm still feeling pretty tired, it's good it's falling on these days.

Jody, I swear tracking my food and steps is what has helped me, DH thinks I"m obsessed :) Dang, they really call you into work a lot, don't they?

Shereta, OK we are going to hold you to your workout, we expect a report later :)

Ronne, no matter how good I try to be, I got a little knot in my shoulder blade, I think from lifting the packed suitcase off the bed. DH is getting good at pushing on them to make them release a bit :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.