40s + October: Nice to Meet You!

Hi everyone! Today did GG, fun! Roxie, fingers crossed for the job! Lisa, what is POT? I'm sorry about your other friend, very scary. Shereta, I never follow a rotation, my workouts are mood based! Ronne, have fun in Germany, I'm green with envy! Murphy, then end is coming for you next week! Jody, how's work? Dinner was nice last night. Have to go help DH with the leaves now, Mary

Hello

Roxie - sending out positive vibes for you ...

Lisa - I suppose it is in a way, although obviously, language, food, culture etc. is very different! It would be a couple of hours to fly to Cologne.

Shereta - hope you're feeling better. I do rotations about 3 times a year, months when I know I haven't got anything on that would get in the way. I couldn't do one every month, it would make exercise feel relentless for me.

No workout for me today. May do some yoga later, I'm not sure.
Met a friend for coffee this morning instead and had a really good catch-up.
I probably won't be back till after our holiday now, so will see you all in a week or so.

Have fun Ronne!! So nice to catch up w/ friends, too. I miss my dancer buds but we too often have wine and not tea or coffee.

Shereta, did you get your Pyramids done? I hope you are feeling better. I rarely attempt the Cathe monthly rotations. I have sometimes stuck to other rotations but I'm also mood based with a balance of body parts and cardio in mind.

Mary, its Respiratory Care week, I (my dd) made a mix of songs w/ "Breathe" theme for a co worker who is the most dedicated RT professional I've ever come across. I am heading out to a dept meeting soon. crap, I'm practically late now.

Roxie, best wishes on the job front! Your boating weather is over soon, I hope you get some more days in.

Lisa, LOL about your bedtime needs (you make quite a nest). I should have looked at the nail wraps more closely. I didn't really grasp what they were or that you were selling them until after the road trip. You should have practiced your presentation on me. I feel like I barely got to get to know anyone or spend much time together.

Murphy, have you considered doing a day trip to Cathe's gym? I think that might be fun, I wonder how many classes she teaches a day.

Jacque!! I'll pop over and say hi asap, so nice to see you!

OK, so I didn't work out on any full work days. But today i did x10 premix w/u plus 2 sections at a non-maniacal pace then PUB sh,Tri, bi and teeny bit of abs. bye for now. : D

Yes, No I didn't get Pyramids in yesterday but, I did my own cardio and upper body workout today.

I think I will try next months rotation from Cathe. I have never followed one, but I will try my best. I think she puts a lot of time into planning them and I want to give one of them a whirl.

Yes, No I didn't get Pyramids in yesterday but, I did my own cardio and upper body workout today.

I think I will try next months rotation from Cathe. I have never followed one, but I will try my best. I think she puts a lot of time into planning them and I want to give one of them a whirl.

Shereta-I usually try and follow a rotation if I don't then I won't workout weird I know but I like knowing what I am suppose to do. I am currently doing the Xtrain plus ride since I use of a spin bike.

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM TLC Boxing and Total Body Stretch Stability Ball 1. Nice day here again.

Ronne-eventually winter will set in and the boating will be over. Thank you for the positive vibes on job.

Happy friday! Today I did a 3.3 mile walk and plyo legs disc 26, wow, been 2+ years since I've done that one, I just love the STS music when you load the dvd.

Mary, come do my leaves!

Ronne, coffee with friend sounds nice, enjoy your holiday. I'm not even jealous, the RT quenched my thirst for going away, love my home and bed (no snarky comments Jody....lol)

Jody, I don't blame you if you don't workout after a 12 hr shift. Oh, it wasn't my presentation that was bad, it was just the ladies weren't into nails but too nosey to decline the hostess invite.

Waves to everyone else, have a great weekend!

Jody, I don't blame you if you don't workout after a 12 hr shift. Oh, it wasn't my presentation that was bad, it was just the ladies weren't into nails but too nosey to decline the hostess invite.

Lisa, I meant that I wish I would have learned about your wraps while I saw you. I'm sorry if it sounded like something else.

Hi all. Today was FlexTrain. I am still trying to figure out the weights for that one. I probably need to start writing it down. I am sure there is a sheet out there somewhere.

Shereta - I hope you are feeling better. I do rotations. If they are discs that I like or if I have something I can sub then I do it otherwise, I use an old one or one that I made up.
Roxie - positive vibes out to you.
Ronne - I am so jealous. Have fun in Germany. Bring me something back. ;-)
Lisa - good job on your workouts.
Mary - our backyard has a thick blanket of leaves. I know DH will be looking to me soon to help. Maybe I should do another Cathe to get ready. LOL.
Jody - How did the cd come out? Did you give it to the coworker yet?

Murphy

Murphy, cd turned out well, we played it at dept meeting/luncheon. It was cute. I have this pdf for the flex train series from here http://www.themeasuredmom.com/wp-co...reakdown-for-new-Cathe-workouts-Fall-2013.pdf

Shereta, I agree, Cathe is very thoughtful and does a nice job of creating rotations every month. I feel guilty that I don't do them, but most of the time they are more than I care to take on. Right now I'm planning on one body part a day via any given Cathe wt workout per week, plus whatever hopefully metabolic thing I can add to that, but that plan may evaporate before I finish two weeks, lol.

Lisa, I keep thinking of questions I would have liked to ask Cathe at the firepit, lol. 1. Specifically, what food changes did she make that worked for her to reduce inflammation. 2. Do long intense cardio sessions have an inflammatory effect? Primal guy is anti long cardio and says that they are inflammatory and actually bad for heart health or something like that I'd have to research it. 3. A follow up sort of, what is the minimum time you consider effective for a work out and any other thoughts about that.

Hi girls! Today did TBT UB, yesterday was. Turbo jam something. Jody, I don't know how you would workout after 12.5 hours on your feet! Unless it's like a quick yoga to put you to sleep. Ronne, have fun! MURPHY, I try to avoid the leaves, I just wish they would just blow away! Lisa, did you order the new ones? Sounds like some plyo leg stuff in those. Roxie, can't believe you can still boat, how awesome. Shereta, hope you are all better. House cleaning today, DS is taking ACT today, 6 hour test! Better get to the wash, Mary

Need some prayers ladies my MIL had a heart attack this morning don't know if she is going to make it. We are still 30 minutes from the hospital.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.