XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Hi katie,
Power yoga sweat, do you sweat more than regular? Great job with your workouts when you don't feel good. Maybe I will give the song another try. After my last post, I drank a up of coffee, it gave me a boost and i did rythmic step. I actually made it thru the end. Also, knowing I would have to post that I did nothing gave me motivation. There are so many choices that are short too.

How have the critters been? We get something in the walls sometimes. The kids get a little freaked and I act like it is a bird on the roof.

Ok off to get some work done around here.

Melissa

Hi Melissa Eva Katie and all!

Got in burn sets CBS today and 1-6 rounds of cardio leg blast yesterday.

I also took a quick cold shower before we left for C Dog's baseball game and as I was stepping out of the shower and saw my side view and UGH! I think I look pregnant again! And I am NOT pregnant I just look REALLY gross!!! :( I think it's time to get serious about my food intake. I'm not sure what it is going to take but I need to make some changes. Maybe I need to report in my daily food? I need to get back to weight watchers and track my food.

Today:
Breakfast -5 homemade whole wheat pancakes with butter and syrup.
Lunch-Banana (3), strawberry (10 oz bag) pineapple (about a cup) smoothie shared a little with Little K (2yo)
5.25 Oz flat iron steak, about 2 oz Brie
Dinner-Green salad home made olive oil based dressing (1T), roasted chicken with skin, carrots and onions

Dinner was at 4 so I'll probably be hungry and want to eat chocolate. :(

Ladylep, The flat iron steak and brie sounds so yummy! I know what you mean about the side vies getting out of the shower. I haven't been pregnant since 2003 and I srill look pregnant! I know it is my eating, I think I can exercise all day and it won't make a dent in my belly. I hope when I take my next rest week, I will eat really tood and try and proce my thepry,

Gosh nothing yet l I did my burners jacks and sit upsMelissa lol
I was hoping it would help me but I really think I need one more rest day. I never do two days in a row but my back feels it still. Hard to explain but I have to be carful moving side to side or something in lower back upper hip it feels almost disconnected eek.

Okay I may still do yoga if I can. Then tomorrow is my day off work usually but I have to freaking work. I go in at 1230 in afternoon!! Yuck she has a friend needs a root canal I hate hate doing rc with her she takes forever!

Hi Renee,
I wouldn't do anything either if my back hurt, maybe walk or stretch. Good luck with the root canal. Maybe it will not be too long.
Melissa

Hello Everyone,
Melissa, you were up super early this morning. I hope you were not having trouble sleeping last night, or that the time stamp is wrong...

Ladylep, I can relate to your reaction at the view you caught of yourself in the mirror, but all you can do is make a decision to make small changes and take it a day at a time. If you do that, you will see changes, but you have to be kind to yourself! Think of all the things that you manage to do and you certainly seem like a woman who puts her family's needs front and center, which makes it hard for you to spend a lot of time mulling over your own needs. I did Weight Watchers and found it was helpful for me. I did not lose a ton of weight on it, because it's so hard for me to do that anyway, my body seems happy where it is, but I did appreciate the discipline of logging my food and eating within a framework of calories. Once I got the rhythm of it, it became easier for me to manage my food intake moving forward. I'm guessing WW worked for you before, so maybe it would be a good match for you again. I did the online version, which made it even more convenient to follow, since I did not personally want to go to the meetings. Whatever you decide to do, don't be too hard on yourself. Women are always so much harder on ourselves than we should be...and we always see flaws that noone else does. I am sure your hubby thinks you're beautiful just the way you are!! But, it's important for you to be comfortable with yourself as well. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food, so you might find that to be a good resource as well, and it's free.

Renee, if your back is bothering you, maybe you should just take it easy. I agree with Melissa. if today is your scheduled day off, and you're not feeling up to it, can you not just decline your boss's request to come in today? Tell her you're not feeling well...are you the only person who can work with her on these procedures? Maybe she can call in another staff person...Either way, I hope you're feeling better soon. You also mentioned having an emotional day a few days ago...I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Katie, sorry that you've come down with the ickies. Thanks for sharing the link to the performance! I look forward to checking that out. I wonder if you're getting sick because you just have been pushing physically and emotionally lately. I'm guessing that you're probably a person that rarely gets sick under "normal" circumstances, but these last few months have really been a humdinger for you. Do you guys have any plans for a family get away this summer after the school year ends? If I know anyone who could use a vacay, it's you, my dear. :(. I'm sending you some healing energy.

Yesterday I did not get in a workout since I had worker at my house. I'll spare you all the long version, but suffice it to say that we had a water main break the day before we left for Greece which we're working on getting fixed now. They found some other issues yesterday, so I'm home today waiting for the plumbers. Gee whiz. Today I worked out before they got here, and did TTM without the compound legs. I hate that section, and it subs the fitness tabata for that. Burned 550 calories, which was awesome.

I am in a workout quandary again (as usual). I am losing my strength doing non-weight workouts and I don't like that...I need to figure out what my next rotation is going to be, and it's going to have to combine some weight work. I'm also missing my Cathe workouts, so I think I'm done with my Cathe burnout. I am thinking of doing STS again and using my other workouts for the cardio days. Sigh. I have such exercise ADD. I guess the good thing about that is I'm always switching it up.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Oh, about the name, how about "Getting Lean in 2013"? I think that encompasses all of our goals. It's kind of corny, but I'm putting it out that for a group name.

Eva

Hi All,

Eva, yes the time stamp was correct. I am usually awake in the middle of the night. I just don't check mail. Anyhow, sometimes I can go back to sleep right away. I agree about the leg section on TTM. I will probably skip it the next time, I don't feel I am working my legs or doing cardio and the plie sideways moves are too long. I see you are going to change your routine. How did your tonique and dreambody help? Just curious to see if I should save up and try something different than cathe. I hope your water main issues get resolved quickly. What a mess!

Today I was to do pu\yramid lower, but the dread factor got me, so I did leaner legs instead. I really like this workout. It is short and sweet. I used to dread this workout, but was able to zip thru it today. And, the abs are nice and normal, no moves I couldn't handle.

Hope you allhave a great day.

As far as names, I will add to Eva's Leaner in 2013,
Taking it To The Max, or We can do anything for 1 minute.

Melissa

I second Melissa's Taking it to the Max suggestion. That's a great idea!

Melissa, to your question about my last rotation, I can say my endurance increased and I was able to get a wee bit of loss on the thighs and rear, but just a wee bit. For me, though, a wee bit is fine, as everything happens in very small doses for me as far as losing. I do have a little more definition in my legs too, which has been an ongoing objective for me. All in all, I like the Tonique and DB workouts and I am going to continue with them, I'm just going to be adding in more Cathe along the way. I'm very bummed about the decline in strength. My arms look fine, but they're not as strong as they were before.

I do think that Tonique is a good investment. I think you can live without the Dream Body workouts, because the pace is frenetic, and they have no warm ups and cool downs, which makes them less than an "A" quality workout. If they would fix those two glaring problems, I could recommend them. Tonique is definitely funky, but it's effective, so I recommend it for that reason. However, I will remind you that it's just squats and lunges, done with a lot of variety, but that's still all it is, so if that sounds horrible to you, then you will really, really hate that workout. She also has great mat workouts, but you don't like floor work, so I would skip those too. Turbo Barre will give you a workout similar to DB as far as toning, so if you like that, you can incorporate that more often. I think Tonique is a good fat burner AND toner, because it gets your heart rate up, but it's definitely a spoonful of medicine, as they say...

Sorry you were up so early. Sounds like you're accustomed to that, though. :)

Eva

Last edited:
hi girls-- another dreary day here, but supposedly the sun is supposed to come out again tomorrow. last night's memorial for mom was nice, but we were sitting outside-- in the rain-- so that was kind of a drag. still nice to hear her name read, though, and a candle was lit for each person who passed away in hospice over the last two months.

so, today for me was AB-- have I mentioned how I hate those spider man crawls?!? I did them and sweat my way through, though. then I did core 1. tomorrow I am planning another yoga day, but may do some cardio, too, if I am feeling better. still pretty low energy.

eva-- so sorry about the water main! hoping they fix that quickly and without too much expense! no fun:(. you are right-- I barely ever get sick, so it is from all the stress of this past winter, I am sure. alec is sick, too-- in fact, I think he passed it on to me. the link is actually just of the song the choir sang, but not of them singing it. we did get some stuff filmed, but haven't uploaded anything yet. I wish we had a vacation soon! after school lets out, the kids have an intense string program at the U of M, which means a lot of driving and then sitting around on campus for me. it is great for them, though, and they always look forward to it-- even though it is major work. we are headed to the north shore shortly after that, though! cannot wait and it will be nice to look forward to after the stress of this program is over.:)

renee-- sorry your back is still bothering you! I think eva and Melissa are right and that you should take time off to let it heal. sometimes yoga can actually tweak my back, so be careful! (you may be doing a very different style from me, though). hope you are feeling better and the root canal went by quickly!

Melissa-- sorry you were up in the night! I guess I know how that goes all too well. hope you catch a nap today-- way to go on still getting a workout in! and on having it feel easier then it used to! that is always nice:D. I love eva's "lean in 2013" plus your "taking it to the max"! oh, and the yoga dvd is called "sweat" i think because it is at such a fast pace-- his other two are fast, but this one is heavy on vinyasa, which generates a lot of heat.

ladylep-- sorry you are feeling down. i think eva's advice is so great, though, and remember to take it easy on yourself-- you are super busy and have had kids, which really tends to change a body (at least in my case and most other women i know). i am well aware that, no matter how much weight i lose and/or how strong my abs are, i will probably always have this stretched out skin to deal with. i didn't get the gene for skin that bounces back, that is for sure, and i don't plan on going under the knife to lop it off, so there it is. at least i know my abs are strong and i can do headstands and headstands with splits-- so there is muscle there, it's just changed from having kids which i wouldn't change for the world. hang in there and be gentle with yourself.

alright, have to get off the computer as nygel has a livelesson in a few minutes here.

peace,
katie

Thanks for the pep talks Katie and Eva, I've heard of my fitness pal. I have lose it which is also free before I got the WW app for free. By when I went over my goal weight, I started having to pay $15/month.

I got in HiiT 30/30 today, but no abs it was part of the rotation. I thin burn sets B&T is on tap for tomorrow.

Here is what I ate today (and I didn't have any chocolate last night! And lose a pound.)

Breakfast: 1/2 cut of home made baked oatmeal (oats, eggs, maple syrup, butter, applesauce, baking powder and cinnamon with 2t raisins and a slice of cantaloupe
Lunch: strawberry banana smoothie, while wheat flat bread with light mayo, mustard, 2.5 oz Brie and 4 oz lean roast beef
Dinner: broccoli and asparagus with butter, 7 oz flat iron steak, marinated in olive oil, broth, chopped onions, garlic, s&p, then 3/4 whole wheat roll dipped in marinade

I'm hungry! So I need to go to bed before I eat something.

Hi Girls,

I got in MIS Upper. I did use a little heavier than cathe on some, but it really is hard to go heavier when the reps are fast and many. This is a workout that flies by for me. I hadn't done it in years. I wasn't sure how I would do because I actually fell going up the steps if you can believe it. I tried to land on the railing, but jabbed my forearm into the endcap of it, and stubbed my toe at the same time. Needless to say, forearm is tender and toe is sore.

Eva, Yes, I am used to getting up in the middle of the night. I usually sleep for 4 hours and wake up. It hasn't caused too many issues for me during the day. Thanks again for the workout descriptions. I probably would not stick with them, I hardly ever do turbo barre and you know I don't like floor work. I may need to just so it for a change.

Katie, The memorial sounds comforting even in the rain. Hope you are well today!

Ladylep, Great job on the workouts and food.

Renee, How was the root canal?

I am off to work and clean, I would rather sit and drink coffee!

Melissa

hi girls--

finally the sun is out here today-- so grateful for that! today I did power yoga "tone"-- talk about intense work for legs:eek:-- and then added the bonus stability ball abs from B&G. was thinking of cardio again, but by butt and hips are so sore from AB yesterday (why? not sure, but total DOMS) that I decided it could wait til tomorrow. nygel went outside to check on the bird's nest (in my hanging fern) and there are now five little eggs out there. pretty fun for the kids to watch, though I don't know how my plant will fare:confused:.

Melissa-- four hours of sleep sounds pretty rough:(. glad to hear it doesn't interfere with the rest of your day. I am always sluggish on that amount of sleep and somehow fight my way through all my daily activities. I think I need at least 6 hours to feel good. great job on the weights and so sorry about your forearm and toe! my right forearm has been sore for quite some time, but from weights, I think. hope you heal quickly!

ladylep-- great job on your workout and keeping track of food-- I need to do more of that!

eva and renee-- hope you both are doing well!

now I am going to ask for thoughts and prayers for my niece. she is pregnant, due in august, and had an ultrasound a few weeks ago that showed the baby's kidney was enlarged. not today she went in for a level 3 ultrasound and both kidneys were enlarged, and more then before:(. she is feeling helpless and depressed. all they can do is keep monitoring it, and, if it keeps getting worse, will have to deliver the baby early and he will have to go in for surgery. I feel so badly for her. so much has been going on this year (she and her husband lost his grandpa the month before my mom passed) and I just wish we could be healthy and stress free for a while. anyway, any prayers or energy are appreciated.

better get moving. have to walk the dogs and then it's off to nygel's cello ensemble-- their last practice of the year!

peace,

katie

Hi Katie, I have afterburn on for tomorrow! Hope I like it. I have only done it a couple times. I should clarify, I do eventually go back to sleep for About three more hours.

Melissa

that is good on the MIS Upper. and you going a little heavier than cathe on the weight!! I do not have that one I don't think. what other workouts are on it maybe I do and don't know eek lol
lol funny about falling UP the stairs sorry but it was kinda funny !! ouch on the toe and elbow!!!

Oh the root canal lasted for three hours then the crown was done same time all together four hours!! can we say SLOW? yuck I hated it.. I am always the one on all the jobs to do more then most and be there more then most, I am sure if I didn't I would be looking for a job and others are just lucky they can slack I don't know. I don't like slacking on a job.

Katie glad the sun came out !! I did the abs from Buts and guts to but not the ball, is it good? hard or what ?? Praying for your niece. That is awful about the baby ultrasound!! I think you guys will have some piece your way soon!! I KNOW you have to be happy no more practice this year! Does this mean less driving now??

Lady lep so glad you are on track with the food!! I to am doing better on the food front!! well except I have ate some corn chips eekk..

Eva I hope you are doing well and I think you suggestion for the thread name is a great one!!

I did hardstrikes yesterday before I went to work then I did abs from buts and guts, I have not done anything today YET!! I am not sure what to do yet I may do insanity and bis and tris burn sets or plyo legs or switch it tomorrow I don't know.. I will be in wv this next week so if you don't hear from me it is because of that..!! I have to go see my dad and tell my HUbbys mother he will be deploying again.. she will hate it, we have to tell her in person that is not something we can do over the phone.

Okay girls I am sorry I missed out on the conversations yesterday and day before I am so frustrated I can log into fb from my phone and get messege but for some reason I have trouble with Cathe.com on my phone since I got a new phone!! grr that s my fav APP I am so mad

Okay I finished insanity plyi metric cardio circuit then burn sets for bis. Tomorrow will be a legs maybe cardio leg blast my fab lower body workout. That way ill get my legs and cardio in!! Then I may do tris burn sets and shoulders and back ! I need to get my heavy lifting in before I go to W.Va.

Hi all!

Today was To the Max and I went down to do it with an hour to do it in, but was interruped so many times that I couldn't do the leg conditioning or core. But an intense workout!!!

Today's eating:
Breakfast:home made granola 1/2 cup and a banana
Lunch: 2oz flat iron steak (left over), 3 oz chicken (also left over), 1/4 of Little K's BBQ chicken pita pizza (again left over!), strawberry smoothie. pureed potato, carrot and broccoli
Dinner: salad w/ 1T lite Ranch, corn salad, chicken fingers (homemade with a little bread crumbs)

It was a rough day in terms of obedience and respect. So Hubby took all 4 boys out to JTrain's baseball game and I went and got a pedicure (with a gift cert.) and then to BnN browsing books for my "summer escape reading" and had a chocolate chunk cookie and then another one at home.

Hope you all are going well and have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Hello Everyone,

Katie, I am sending your niece prayers for the baby. I sincerely hope they are blessed with a healthy baby and that no interventions will be necessary to get there. I cannot imagine how stressful that must be for all of you. :( I'm glad you had a nice yoga workout yesterday. I am probably due for one of those too...maybe this weekend when I have time to do both cardio and yoga in one day (theoretically).

Melissa, I hope your booboos are feeling better today! I think MIS was the first Cathe weight workout that I had. I had it on VHS and it finally got eaten two years ago. I remember liking that one, but I think I like the new ones more. I am going to have to download those Pyramid workouts that you like; I don't have those and am always looking for new weight workouts as well as cardio. I get bored so quickly with everything. Sigh.

Ladylep, it looks like the last two days of your eating have been pretty strong...after doing TTM, a chocolate chip cookie is just a memory! I'm sorry that you had a tough day with your boys, but kudos to your hubby for taking the boys an giving you some solo time. I bet that was wonderful! I'm glad you were able to get a little pampering in as well. ;)

Renee, safe travels to you this weekend to visit family. You did not say when your hubby was leaving, but I imagine it's coming up soon. I hope your visit with your MIL goes smoothly; that must be very difficult for all of you...it seems like we are at the tail end of this seemingly never ending cycle of deployments, and I pray this is the last time your family has to be separated. How are you liking those Insanity workouts? What shoes are you using for those? I know you have trouble with your feet just like I do, and those really put my sneaks to the test. I'm still catching up on old posts, so forgive me if you already mentioned this earlier.

I decided to mail back my Dream Body workouts and got two more that are similar in type but appear to be better done. I bought this one, Michelle Dozois' Body Fit 360 and the new Tracy Mallet one...I've never done her before, I'm familiar with Michelle and have a few of her workouts. As I mentioned to Renee earlier, the DB workouts have no warm up and the pacing is just terrible on those. I saw these two and they have a lot of the same moves just done 100x better, so I'm just moving on with my life. Those DB workouts were too expensive for me to keep them and not use them all the time, and I have not wanted to put them back in the DVD since I got home, so I might as well get rid of them.

Yesterday I did Muscle Endurance, and today I'm planning on Tonique-ing.

HAPPY FRIDAY (FINALLY!).

Eva

Ok, I'm finally catching up on old posts and am responding to a few things that caught my eye:

Melissa, I do have Cardio Core Circuit and I don't reach for that one too often. I am most often using it now between segments for Tonique when I am feeling super energetic, as a cardio blast. I don't mind it as much this way. I am not a fan of the circuit repetition that is in that one. I really prefer when Cathe uses a different exercise each time, like she does in AOLIH. I also find CCC super hard.

Ladylep, I live in Dulles, Virginia, about 3 or 4 miles from the airport here, and I work in Washington DC. My top three Cathe videos are Kick, Punch Crunch (great workout and I always feel so tough doing the punch combos!), Step Blast (this is a fun workout for me and a calorie scorcher) and the STS series (ok, that's a cheat since it's more than one), because it really got me to enjoy lifting. I was never bored and that program helped me put on some muscle. I'll probably do it again in the fall.

Katie, when do the kids find out about the scholarships that you applied for? Are these for music programs or something different? Thanks for posting the Bryan Kest workouts. I have heard good things about him from others in addition to you, mostly from other folks who also have checked out the Ultimate Yogi workouts. Maybe I'll do one of those instead of UY this weekend.

About names - I am not in my 40s yet (I will be 40 next year) and I don't have kids...I like Melissa's suggestion of "Taking it to the Max". I think that works for all of us, as we're all pushing to do our best in this area and all areas of our lives. And I like that it plays on one of Cathe's workout titles too.

Oh, and I see a few of you have been doing Drill Max. I have been thinking of getting that one. I think I might order it today. I recall that it may need a little more room than I have, but it looks sort of fun.

Eva

Eva I wanted to get Michelle DVD before. I have to start being more picky as well with my DVD because I have I never sent them back if I don't like them! I end up losing the address. I then thought about sailing on amazon but don't, because I tried it once and I think u have to pay taxes on what you sale? Or something like that it seemed confusing. I have a few DVDs I need to sale.
I bought a pair of Asia's intensity 2 and so far they are doing well but I am not doing the insanity as it is in calendar!! . I love jumping around or I used to BUT my back and knees and feet can't take it everyday. So I do insanity for cardio maybe two or three times a week depending on what my back is feeling, if it is not good i have been doing fun workouts like all out low impact hilt, and if i am good with back but feel bored with shawn t then i do hard strikes. you know i hear people say HS is high impact but i still don't feel it in my back like the insanity workouts. Maybe because u stop jumping here and there to punch? i like that it seems to brake it up !! i love Hard strikes! i hope her newest one is just like it! its perfect cardio, and perfect impact. i can do impact like this.. i wonder why? I get confused y it doesn't bother me to bad but insanity would be crappy if i did it everyday.!! oh plus i think insanity is a little boring. Insanity seems like i am doing the same thing. even if the dvd has a different name it does not feel different at all. .. I do love Shawn t he is motivating and if it wasn't for his attitude I sure would be yawning!!! , . But i am trying to keep at it to see if i am gonna losing pounds!!! oh and I add Cathe weights two or three times a week to give my feet and back a brake lol. Gosh that was a long winded rant.

Not sure what I am doing today. I am gonna lay in the sun some because I need more color!! I look to pale for me. I need a dose of vitamin d and A nice glow. Lol. I have a lot to do so not sure if it will happen. I have to wash cloths, clean house , pack, and get my exercise in ! Tomorrow I am gonna get up and exercise before I go, if I don't I will hate traveling!! That is hard to sit for five hours!!! I am to fidgety and I will end up hurting and stiff if I don't exercise hard before going on the trip!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.