XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Oh my!! Melissa I think I'd be like "thank you for pointing that out there!" Lol sounds like my problem! U know I NEVER had cellutie till I turned 41 ! Two years ago it was like I turned around one day to bravely check out my bum in the mirror and eek there it was! Staring at me !i was mortified! I was like THAT was not there last week! That's when I wanted to start back on an exercise plan!! It is slightly better this year but I tell ya it is irritating! Why don't men get it? Humm
I have noticed lifting helps smooth it out more. : )

Ladylep as long as not every day is bad food day right? Lol I tell myself this a lot!
We are STILL driving yuck my butt is hurting!!i think I'll make DH rub it for me ha ha, We should be there in 30 more minutes I hope.

Hola,
Ladylep, today is another day. We all have days where we just can't seem to stop eating, and if it's not nailed down, it's going down the hatch. ;) All you can do is try again the next day. I know it's hard to look at the long view some times, but when we eat well most of the time, we're still doing OK. The rule of thumb I hear bandied about is 80% clean, 20% not-so-clean. If we can stick with those ratios, then that is still considered a pretty good diet. I hope you are not beating yourself up about it. And tracking it lets you make changes over the next few days that will help you stay on track.

Melissa, sorry about the comment your daughter made. That reminds me of my niece years ago. She barged in on my getting out of the shower at her house, and she was about 5 at the time. She took one look at me and said, "You're fat", at the top of her lungs! Fortunately that bathroom is in their basement, and I hope no one heard her, but I was so upset at the time! Out of the mouths of babes. At least your daughter was only asking a question! It could have been worse (see story above!) Didn't you say you were down a pants size? That's amazing. And, I'm living proof that you can definitely tone up and get rid of the cellulite. I've made great strides in that arena, but it's taken me a couple of years of really focusing on lower body work. It's not easy, but it can definitely be minimized.

Katie, I hope you're having a good day and that you guys have good weather there.

Renee, I hope you arrived safe and sound. Sitting in the car for hours totally stinks!

I just finished up CLB an Core #2. I could not do all the moves in core because I started to cramp, which happens to my abs sometimes. I did NOT want to workout today, but I did it. Burned 600 calories. Today is my cheat day, so that kept me moving! Not sure what I'm in the mood for, but it will be yummy! I'm craving something salty. Maybe I'll get sushi...not too unhealthy, but it will give me that salt that I want, for some reason.

Take care,
Eva

hi girls-- hope everyone is having a good weekend! got up early this morning and did CF plus core and then headed to the farmer's market with rik and the kids. got a bunch of produce-- organic, even-- for about 30 bucks. not bad:). I wish the weather were nicer, though-- it's colder and cloudy with thunderstorms on the way. later today we are going over to my sister's house to go through more pictures for the book my brother is making of my mom. sorry I was mia yesterday. was my rest day and I basically spent it running around and doing errands:p. then rik and the kids and I watched half of "the pianist"-- watching the other half tonight. good movie, but so tough to watch-- set in WWII Poland and is a true story. we are watching it off Netflix streaming.

renee-- hope you made it to your destination safely and that you have a nice time! oh, and check in your trader joes-- they sell some vegan cheeses that are pretty tasty!

eva--sushi doesn't sound like much of a cheat to me;). way to go for working out when you weren't in the mood at all! thanks for posting that rotation-- I am going to have to look it over and figure out what the heck I am doing these next four weeks. thinking I will definitely use parts of that, though!

Melissa-- sorry about your daughter's comment! out of the mouth's of babes, right? I once had a 4 year old tap my stomach and ask if a baby was in there-- I think that was about 6 months after having nygel-- not a good ego booster, that is for sure. anyway, hope you are having a good weekend!

ladylep-- great job on marking everything down on your diet. I don't do enough of that, I know. my days all look so similar, though. I always do a green smoothie in the morning, greens and veggie burger or veggie protein of some sort for lunch, and then veggies and sprouted grains at dinner. where I get in trouble is in between meals when I snack on dark chocolate or vegan cookies!:eek:

going to go get lunch now. I have a pretty bad headache and think maybe eating something will help. not sure what that is about-- could be since I skipped my green tea this morning...

peace,

katie

Hello,
Today I did Cardio and Weights, which I've never done before and downloaded because Renee has mentioned it a few times. Not a big calorie burner, but it was a good workout and I enjoyed it.

Katie, sorry you have such poopy weather again this weekend. Hopefully spring is right around the corner. I'm glad you guys all had some downtime last night. I'm sure it was greatly appreciated! I thought about going to our farmer's market today too, but had so many other errands on the agenda I ran out of time. There's not a ton there this time of year, but it's nice to go anyway. Sounds like you did well there. I hope your headache subsides and that you have a good visit with your family today. It's neat that your brother is putting together a book to remember your mom. Are you going to print copies for everyone in your family to have?

Today I made a cake for a bbq we're heading to this afternoon. We picked strawberries yesterday so I made a strawberry cream cake. I am looking forward to eating that this evening! I'm also going to make some freezer jam tomorrow. I've never tried that before, but it appears to have a fresher flavor than regular jam, so I'm going to give it a try. I am going to try to make it with apple juice instead of granulated sugar.

Now I'm heading out to do some weeding and gardening before we head over to dinner with our friends. The weather here is glorious today.

Hi Melissa, Renee and Ladylep! I hope you are all enjoying your weekends.

Eva

Thank you all for your comments regarding the c. I am not going to worry about it.

I ate some junkmtoday and some yesterday. So, it was not an all day event. Which is good for me!

I am actually a little sore today. I think it is a combo of afterburn and slide and glide. It is nice to have some leg soreness. Maybe I will do thos every other week. I can't beleive I didn't get sore from leaner legs.

Katie, I agree that for me sushi would not be bad food. Eva, you have a great diet I think. I will think of you before eating garbage for no good reason.

I haven't done cardio and weights in a long time. I think I recall thinking the weights were easy. I actually miss xtrain!

I have nothing set up for next week. Today is my rest day. Maybe I will do cardio and weights tomorrow or step blast.

Renee, I hope you are ok on your trip!

Hi Ladylep.

Melissa

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!

Quick update: I just did Hiit Pyramid this morning, yesterday was 20 min of Butt and Guts, Saturday was Burn Sets: Bis and Tris. Eating has been terrible this weekend. I've gone over my 34 points every day this weekend: 80 on Friday (thanks to fried chicken and mac and cheese), 44 points on Saturday (thanks to a birthday party with pizza and chocolate torte) and 51 points yesterday (thanks to Bubba burgers, last minute BBQ with Hubby's cousin from Lancaster County and the burger was 9 points!!! my home made burgers are 4-5 points depending on how big they are, and 93% lean too. I only had 1 chocolate chip cookie-7 points.)

Today is another BBQ at my mom's but she will have everything from Whole Foods Market (lean meats) but dessert likely from Costco.

Gotta run! All Star Game this morning for CDog9!

Greetings,
I hope you are all having a relaxing holiday. I just finished my workout for today, Michelle Dozois Peak Cardio Strength. This is a metabolic workout that mixes compound strength moves and cardio bursts, it's like HiiT and metabolic wrapped in one. This was my first time through and I liked it alot. The two new workouts I have by here at really good, and I'm expecting a new one from her this week.

Now I'm off to finish up my gardening project from yesterday...putting in tomatoes, a few pepper plants, and my herbs.

I also made freezer jam for the first time today, and I think this is going to be good. I used the no sugar pectin, although I did add about 1.5 tbs. of honey to the batch of 2 lbs. of strawberries. It seems to be setting up well. I don't really eat toast, but it think it's going to make a really nice addition to my daily bowl of plain yogurt.

Take care,
Eva

hi girls-- long workout here this morning. did mma boxing-- used my pink gloves which amped it up a little (thanks for that idea, Melissa!)-- and then did slow and heavy bis and tris. burned 808 calories and was very happy with that! I also liked the slow and heavy-- such a change from burn sets or the other weight workouts I have been doing. it is intense, too! my arms were shaking like crazy. will see if I am sore tomorrow. still trying to tweak the rotation so that I can get in enough HiiT, yoga and the weights. hopefully will figure that out later today so I have a plan in for the next four weeks. it is dreary again-- highs in the 60s but rain and thunderstorms in the area. I was going to go to mom's gravesite, but may wait til next weekend with this stormy weather. she knows I am always thinking about her anyway, and I am guessing others have been by there this weekend.

eva-- your workout sounds great and I love to hear about your garden! we bought some herbs yesterday, but have very little sun (huge oak tree in the yard plus trees in the boulevard). still, we are going to try a few container plants-- will see how it goes. the momma bird is now permanently nesting out in my hanging basket-- she has 5 eggs in there. will see how that plant does! the book my brother is making is for each of us-- he will have to make 8 copies! really sweet of him as he is a photographer, so he is able to put all this together.

ladylep-- you got some great workouts in, so I hope you are proud of yourself for that! I think holidays are always tough to eat clean, so I would cut yourself some slack. yesterday I ate three vegan choc chip cookies (the small ones) from whole foods, but figure I got CF in and now today got a great calorie burn, so at least there is that:) hope you have fun with your family.

Melissa-- woo hoo on the DOMS! afterburn sure did that to me! I haven't done S&G for awhile-- may have to pop that into my rotation this month. hope you are having a good day!

renee-- hope you are having a happy memorial day! can't remember how long you said you would be out of town, but safe travels on your way back home!

happy memorial day everyone,
peace,
katie

Hi Girls,

i am taking a rest day and may actually take a rest week this week. I usually do every couple months. Anyhow, today is the second day of my monthly visitor, bloating, cramps, general discomfort.

Eva the jam sounds good. What a great idea to put in the yogurt. I am going to make another batch of the ranch dressing mix renee posted on facebook. It is so good.

Katie, I am going to start my hiit running and slow and heavy next week. My legs are not sore anymore. I think slide and glide is great. It seems like ti would be wimpy, but it isn't. I am going to take a look at the boxing.

I am tired today. Hopefully it will stop raining and I can fire up the grill.

Hi Ladylep and Renee

Melissa

Hi Everyone,

Ladylep, a metabolic workout is one that uses light to medium weights with cardio-infused moves to build strength and endurance at the same time, it's also a good cardio workout and gets your heart rate up. Afterburn and CSS are Cathe's flagship metabolic workouts.

Today is my rest day, and I have my consultation with the kettlebell trainer this evening. I'm looking forward to that.

I need to put together a June rotation. I am going to try to do weights and some other workouts that are more toning focused, as well as my Tonique. I think I might get the Pyramid workouts instead of the slow and heavy, because I want to have one day of upper body work, not two days. I only have 6 days to workout, so I don't want to use a third of them on one thing.

Have you all figured out your June plans yet?

Take care,
Eva

Eva,

Have fun at your kettlebell workout. I'll bet that works the core. Our ceilings are low and I wonder if I would hit the ceiling. I think workouts are great that incorporate cardio and a abs,

I am laid up with terrible cramps and pressure. So, I will take a rest week. I checked and I am at 9 weeks. I will start hiit running and slow and heavy next week. Pyramid upper is nice though because it is all in 1 day. Maybe I will play aound and do running in am and 1 body part in pm on cardio days. I think I am the only one here that takes rest weeks. It keeps me sane!

I am off to get the heating pad.

Melissa

Melissa,
Just quick post to say I'm sorry you have cramps and are not feeling well. :(

Get well soon!

Eva

P.S. A rest week sounds fabby! :) I do sometimes take weeks where I'll do easy workouts, but I don't think I've taken a total rest week, although I like that idea. I guess my vacation might count, but we walked a ton almost every day.

hi girls--

can't believe it, but after dealing with a cold/virus last week, I woke in the middle of the night with a very sore throat and congestion:(. such a drag. all the kids have had one virus and then another, and so I guess I fought it off as long as I could. thinking it is probably my crappy sleep lately that lowered my immunity. anyway, I am feeling sick from that today and oh my goodness do I have DOMS from yesterday! I can't remember when my upper body has been this sore! in sun salutations and then my wo today it literally hurt to lift my arms. guessing it was the combo of boxing with the gloves and then the slow and heavy that really got me! I will stick with the slow and heavy some over the next three weeks and see how it goes. today I did double wave pyramid HiiT and then 20 minutes of flow yoga. tomorrow I think is weights, though I will have to check my workout manager.

Melissa-- sorry you are having bad cramps! imala had this cold and then got her period at the same time and was completely miserable on Saturday. anyway, I think a rest week sounds good! I don't know if I would feel too guilty to follow through with the whole thing, but I do think it is good for a body to have an extended rest-- and you will probably come back stronger and re-energized. my problem would be that I cheat too much with my diet and would start panicking about weight gain. maybe I should try it, though, when we go to the north shore... will have to think about that one:). feel better.

eva-- have fun with the kettlebell trainer! I haven't ever really done kettlebells. your idea for june sounds good-- I don't have the pyramids, but would like to get them eventually. I have Jackie warner's pyramid and that was okay, but she never uses very heavy weights, so nothing like cathe, I am sure:). hope you have a good rest day!

hello to ladylep and renee!

going to sit on the couch and rest my achey bones for a few. it figures I get major DOMS at the same time I get aches from this cold. feel like a wreck:eek:

will check in later,
katie

Hey y'all I am back!! Did HS again on Sunday with my step grandkids!! So fun!! My DH mom asked one little girl did she lose wait and she said I don't know but I think I broke my back. Lol. The other girl was saying can we do two workouts? I said sure but by the end she said are u sure this is only 30 minutes!! They were sweating! Another GC said her legs was tired.
They kept asking if Cathe ever gets tired? Or does she sweat? Lol so cute!! Had a ball with it then they left yesterday and I went to lunch with a dear friend then I went to see my dad and sister took them to eat dinner! I ate pizza and bread sticks!! Eek but other then that I ate okay. I carried a veggie tray everywhere. I planned on a rest day yesterday so today when I got home I could exercise the stiffness out from the ride. For some reason I am procrastinating !! I hate rear days cause I get lazy the next day.. I will be back later to check in with what I decide to do. I just got mms kickboxing and boxing in the mail today ! I may try it ! I hope I like it. So many mixed reviews. Not hard enough.. But I wonder if I ware my one pound gloves if it will help.

Hi Renee,

Glad your trip went well. Kids are cute to workout with! Let me know how mma kickbox is. I just have mma fusion.

Katie, Take care, hope you feel better! You are dedicated to workout when so yucky.

I am still crampy and bloated and need to be near the bathroom...tmi..... I haven't felt like this in months. After 30 some years of periods, I have had it.

tomorrow I have to sew a quilt my daughters class is making for a charity. So, I am taking another day off. This is a good week off for me. I do feel energized after.

talk to you all to tomorrow. I wish I could speak and the words would appear instead of typing.

Melissa

I did boxing one, iris a workout that you can do on days you don't feel like working out. I did sweat but not a lot. I like HS better. Man I hope the new kickboxing DVD will be like HS. But anyhow I liked the workout not love it but liked it.

Greetings,
Melissa and Katie - I am sending you both healing energy for your respective bouts of the ickies...rest and relaxation is probably the best antidote for what ails both of you, so I hope today is an easy day for you. Melissa, that's so cool that you're making a quilt for the fundraiser! You must be quite a quilter, as it takes me forever to make those. I don't even do the quilitng part. I just make the top and then send it out to get it quilted. I don't have a machine that makes that part easy, and I'm just too lazy to do that part. How big is the quilt going to be? What kind of blocks are you making?

Renee, I agree that the MMA workouts are not as intense, but they're nice for an easy day. I think the fusion one is more challenging than the kickbox one, and I don't have the boxing one at all. I hardly ever do those, but I'm glad to have them. I actually like the Powerstrike workouts better for easy KB workouts, for some reason. I also think HS is more fun...if you like jumping jacks, that is. :)

Ladylep, I hope you are doing well this week...

My kettlebell consultation was pretty neat last night. I did not workout per se. It was a consult to talk about the techniques of that workout, and to do a "biomechanical assessment" with the trainer. The gentleman that runs this studio is a PT in addition to his kettlebell training studio, so he's very focused on mechanics and movement, not just getting in shape. It was kind of refreshing actually. He had a very holistic view of fitness, and not once did he say anything about fat or weight loss, or any thing that you typically get out of your regular gym trainer. He spoke of fitness, movement, endurance and strength. The more I processed the meeting, the more impressed I was. I am going to take my first small group class on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it.

I got two new workouts yesterday, kind of barre/fusion stuff, so I might do one of those today, or do something more intense, we shall see...

Take care,
Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.