What shoes are you wearing CURRENTLY? EVERYONE respond

scouter99

Cathlete
Ok- I know there are always a TON of posts about shoes, so why not, right? I have been wearing the Ryka Enlights for a few years now (I stocked up on them in my size) but lately they are not feeling as good as they used to. I still have 3 pairs brand new in the box but am considering selling them for a new shoe. I HATE this part because it takes me forever to find a shoe I like that gets me through those tough Imax or Hardcore Extreme workouts without my feet cramping up or my knees hurting. Please share you stuff!

What I want to know is what shoes (post multiple pair if you wear multiple pair) are you wearing right now? Please answer the following:

1. What is the brand name and model?

2. Approximately how long ago did you buy them (i.e. can they still be found brand new)?

3. What do you wear them for (hi impact, step, bootcamp, weight lifing, running)?

4. Would you buy them again? Do you like them? Any advice about them (run small, narrow, etc)?

THANK YOU!
Denise

Hi Denise:

I LOVE the Rykas. I also have the Enlight II and love them. I also have a pair of Ryka crosstrainers and Ryka n-gage shoes. What size are the Enlights? I haven't found any other brands that fit like Ryka. I tried reeboks and nikes and they weren't comfortable on me. Good luck finding the right shoe it is a tough task...

I use MBT's for my itread and Imax or other high impact workouts. They look like orthropedic shoes and are expensive, but nothing cushions like they do. Get them all over the web...will post picture below..

Nonetheless, my knees still take it after I get done doing high impact exercise, so there isn't a shoe out there that is going to prevent that impact from making my knees hurt...

http://www.zappos.com/images/740/7401726/6219-600570-d.jpg

RE: What shoes are you wearing CURRENTLY? EVERYONE resp...

New Balance fan here... pronator, too!

I've been wearing out the 854 model for the past year (which I still use for weights) but got the 855 (an improved version of 854) for cardio (hi/lo and step). They're great for balance and "hug" my foot. The forefoot is well cushioned so I don't feel the impact or any cramping.
Women's model is WX855WB.

http://www.nbnorthshore.com/productpics/wx855wb_lg.jpg

Chris.

I'm wearing Ryka Enlight IIs now. I got them from Sierra Trading Company a few months ago and am really enjoying them. I wear them for all of my indoor exercise right now. I find them very comfortable and versatile.

For the previous 10 years before I found these Ryka's, I wore Reebok hightop crosstrainers. But I started having issues with my achilles tendons, and the lower shoes (like the Rykas) don't seem to irritate it as much.

Wow, tneah, I'm floored that you can do imax's with your MBTs on -- that never would have occurred to me. I'd be afraid of tripping up. I wear MBTs for walking, or just around the house if my hip has been bothering me (they seem to help my sore hip). I recently wore my crocs on the elliptical. Can't remember if I read that here or on VF forum. That worked out fairly well, actually, but I'll try my MBTs sometime, too.

For cathe workouts, I wear Ryka ngage (or however it's spelled) studio mid. I bought them sometime in the last four or five months. I have been alternating them with another pair of rykas but probably time for a new pair. :-(

-Beth

I wear New Balance Cross Trainers 620 or 608's they are the same just the 608 is the older number. Yes, you can still get them, I need a new pair and I wear them for everything, weightlifting, cardio, kickboxing, walking, whatever I am doing exercise wise.

They fit my orthotic so yes I would buy them again...I actually buy men's sizes because they are usually cheaper or on sale more than the womens' are.

Hi all,

New Balance 1009 for inside, NB 1222 for running. I switch around my running shoes, but always NB. I wore Ryka inside for years and I swear they contributed to my getting PF. Since starting to wear NB about 6 years ago, I haven't had had a flare up.

Tracy

My husband brought me a pair of Avia's and I've been hooked ever since...not sure which model but I've had them for 3 months now and use them for step, kickboxing, running....(I dont normally wear shoes when I weight train) And yes I would buy them again. My sister is a track runner in college and she swears by Asics so I'll probably give them a shot next.

Tassha

ryka ngage instructor...for everything but walking. I replace my shoes once a year and rotate...the old ones go for walking and the new for my aerobics.

I wear two different shoes - mainly, I wear Nike Free 5.0s for weight training, circuits, cross training, the elliptical, plyos, biking or spinning, and most of the time for step as well. I don't run at all so can't comment on that. The Frees are designed with the idea that a more "barefoot" feel is best - as it forces more small muscles of the foot to work and to get in shape. The Frees have honestly saved my sanity and my workouts as my feet feel better (I also wear them all day at home, or going out anywhere too) than they have in years. The idea is also that the thicker and thicker, more cushioned shoes which have become popular, are actually weakening and possibly damaging all of our feet. The Frees got rid of my plantar fascitis problem that I had started to have in one foot a couple of years ago. They are definitely still available, either nike.com or zappos.com and a lot of other places too. The second shoe I wear, sometimes, is the Ryka N-gage instructors, which I bought before I had ever tried the Frees. I like those for step but it really depends on my mood. My go-to shoes for nearly every workout are the Nike Frees. I have also tried the Free 3.0 and the 7.0 and I find the 5.0 gives the best overall results for me. I am a Nike Free total fan, have three pairs - and my husband has 4 pairs. We both swear by them as they have cured our foot problems. In addition they are very lightweight and for things like plyos they make me feel like I am light on my feet. My knees are fine with them as well. I am a always a bit cautious with anything involving knees - so if they are feeling a bit touchy I work hard on strengthening them and stretching them - no matter what the shoe.

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing and you'll hit it everytime --- anonymous

I must have a dirty mind.

I read the subject of this post and for some reason did not read the word "shoes".

This morning I was reading in the newspaper about telephone sex. Apparently "What are you wearing?" is tele-foreplay. Apparently, it is ia also a cue to lie. You dont say "My granny pyjamas."

So when I read the subect line the way I did, I thought - wow - cyber sex, orgy style?

You should not ask me about shoes. I have plantar fasciitis. I just discovered they are called running shoes for a reason. I thought it was marketing.

~* Vrinda *~

I wear New Balance Crosstrainers WX602 for Step and Weights and love them.

I wear Asics Gel Cumulus VII for running and love those as well (though I don't run as much anymore). I'd buy both again.

1. What is the brand name and model? Adidas SuperNova cushion. They also have ones for pronators, I'm not one of those.

2. Approximately how long ago did you buy them (i.e. can they still be found brand new)? I just bought some a month ago. I've been wearing them for years, I think about 5 years now. I only wear Adidas and started doing that even more years ago (like 10) -- after a great PT told me that Adidas are good for people with Achilles tendonitis, which I tend to get. Once I tried the SuperNovas, they became my favorite. I troll for them at online shoe discount outlets.

3. What do you wear them for (hi impact, step, bootcamp, weight lifing, running)? Everything I do except swim and spin.

4. Would you buy them again? Do you like them? Any advice about them (run small, narrow, etc)? YES. One of the things my feet like is they run small, and my size is actually an 8.25 so the 8 and a halfs fit perfectly.

>I wear Ryka N-Gage Instructor Shoes for everything. I really
>like them & bought 2 pairs of them when I found them b/c I
>spent about 6 monhts trying to find something I like! You can
>still get them now, Zappos has them w/ free ship both ways so
>nothing to lose!
>
>ETA: Order 1 full size up!!!
>
>http://www.zappos.com/images/726/7266619/3832-306995-d.jpg

These right here are my favorite. For the high impact step workouts, these feel the best to me. I also have a couple pairs of N-Gage cross trainers and the mid level studio shoe. I like the Enlights also but they felt just slightly bigger than these.

Jeanine

We find beauty in the most incomprehensible places and the otherwise homely faces. It is our gift to see beyond the dirt, terror, sadness and defeat and find the true soul that lies within. We are Rescue.
www.cfgdr.org

>
>1. What is the brand name and model?

Ryka N-Gage Instructor

>2. Approximately how long ago did you buy them (i.e. can they
>still be found brand new)?

Just bought a pair yesterday from walkingsue7 on ebay.

>3. What do you wear them for (hi impact, step, bootcamp,
>weight lifing, running)?

I wear them for step and other cardio and weights. I keep an older pair around for everyday walking, hiking in the woods, etc.

>4. Would you buy them again? Do you like them? Any advice
>about them (run small, narrow, etc)?

I've been wearing this style for a while now and I like them. I replace them every 3-4 months. Most people say they run small, but I disagree--I wear them in my usual size.

>>I wear Ryka N-Gage Instructor Shoes for everything. I
>really
>>like them & bought 2 pairs of them when I found them b/c I
>>spent about 6 monhts trying to find something I like! You
>can
>>still get them now, Zappos has them w/ free ship both ways
>so
>>nothing to lose!
>>
>>ETA: Order 1 full size up!!!
>>
>>http://www.zappos.com/images/726/7266619/3832-306995-d.jpg
>
>These right here are my favorite. For the high impact step
>workouts, these feel the best to me. I also have a couple
>pairs of N-Gage cross trainers and the mid level studio shoe.
>I like the Enlights also but they felt just slightly bigger
>than these.
>
>Jeanine
>

I wear these as well (Ryka N-Gage Instructor) and have three pair in black. I think these are my favorite all-time aerobic shoe. I have bought all three pair within the last six months as I've found them on sale at different places. (Roadrunnersports had them for $49.99 a while back.) Great cushioning. I wear these for step, hi/lo and kickboxing. For weightlifting I have Ryka Crosstrainer XT's. I've had these for a couple of years.

For me, nothing compairs to Ryka's for aerobics. I've been wearing them for 10 years and whenever I've tried something different I've been disappointed. Also, I agree with previous post; order a full size up.

For running I wear Asics 2130's and again have found these to be the best running shoes I've ever bought (so have two pair). I bought these at Zappos.com.

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.