Strength in Numbers

Good morning ladies, I hope you are having a great Saturday. This morning was Low Impact sweet cardio 1+2 and the blizzard blast. We have an adoption event today but I'm not sure what it will be like with all of the corona virus craziness going on. I got a new foster yesterday. He is supposed to be 5 1/2 months old, but he looks full grown to me I'm still working on a name for him. I'm getting another one today or tomorrow that someone found in a parking lot. It looks like kitten season has begun. :(. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great work on Rockout Knockout and the abs from LLA. I hope your new kitten works out as a playmate for Tai.

So I haven't done a workout for a couple of days. I think the time change has really gotten to me as I don't have any energy in the mornings. I hope that will change soon though. Work has been busy and with this Corona virus things are a bit crazy right now. I was suppose to go to the Wellness show tomorrow with friends but that has been cancelled and then I was supposed to go out to see my mom to do her taxes but they are not allowed visitors right now. There is just a bit too much crazyness right now.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on your bike ride! 21 miles is still pretty good. Yea so glad Paulie found a great home! Great job on RK and LLA abs! Oh hopefully Tai loves his new playmate! Great job on LIS Cardio 1 & 2 plus the BB.

Cheryl Great job on LIS 4DS especially with having a hard time getting out of bed. Hopefully you can get some rest. Things are getting really stressful right now. They are cancelling large events around here too and it makes sense to restrict visitors in retirement communities given older people are more susceptible to the virus.

Friday I did a run in Morocco and a hike in the Swiss Alps. Then I did a bunch of cleaning around the house. All my normal cleaning plus did all the couch covers and blankets, shampooed the carpet, and gave all the dogs a bath. I was pooped by the end of the day. Saturday I did a Get Lean workout and then went to visit my parents. They had to cancel a trip to Arizona to see my niece because of all this craziness but I think that was a good idea for them. Sunday was my lazy day and today I did a Get Lean workout and a quick hike up Lava Tower on Mt. Kilimanjaro. We got told Thursday afternoon that we are to work from home for the next 2 weeks. I think my dogs are going to be excited until I go back to work and then have to put them in their crates again.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I hope your energy is back soon. There is so much craziness in the world right now. It is pretty scary, I really hope things settle down soon.

Julie Great job on your run in Morocco and hike in the Swiss Alpos. Wow, you did a lot of cleaning, good for you. I should do some spring cleaning too. Great job on your Get Lean workouts and your hike up Lava Tower. Everyone here that can work from home has been told to, so my DH will be working at home for awhile. He was still traveling as of last week, but I expect that will change. Your poor dogs will be very sad when you have to go back.

This morning I started Meso 3 with disc 25 Chest and back and the abs from Cardio and weights. Surprisingly our adoption event on Saturday was really busy and we had 4 adoptions. We did decide to cancel our Sunday event and not keep any cats in PetSmart for the week. We're planning to decide by Thursday if we will have events next weekend. My two new fosters are doing great. They are both really sweet. Tai wasn't sure about them at first but he is starting to want to be around them, so hopefully they will be buddies soon Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on your run in Morocco and hike in the Swiss Alps and your Get Lean workouts. I need to get some extra cleaning done around our place too, I bet you were pooped after all that you did. That was good that your parents cancelled their trip. I think it is best to stay close to home right now and not travel. Nice that you can work from home. Your dogs will love it and you won't have to get up so early to get to work.

Pam Good work on disc 25 Chest and Back and the abs from Cardio and Weights. That is great that you had 4 adoptions but probably smart to cancel your Sunday event. Glad to hear that your two new fosters are doing well and that Tai is warming up to them.

So Sunday I decided to be lazy all day since I didn't have anything to do. It felt good to just laze around for once. Today I decided to get groceries :eek:. I went early because I knew that it would be busy and it was. There were a lot of shelves that were empty but at least everyone was civil and all the checkouts were open and management was doing a good job at having the lines moving. I did walk Zoey this afternoon but we just walked around the complex instead of going out to the park. My first regatta of the season has been cancelled and I am assuming that dragon boating will be cancelled until further notice as well. We sit close to each other in the boat so we can't distance ourselves from each other.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on starting M3 with D25 plus C&W abs! Oh that is so awesome that the adoption was a success. Hopefully Tai continues to warm up to the two new ones. No names yet?

Cheryl I love my lazy Sundays. I do a few things to get ready for the week like meal prepping and maybe some laundry but other than that, nothing but lazing around. Glad you got to enjoy your day. That's good people are being civil. People here weren't even letting the workers stock the shelves before ripping products off the pallets. That stinks about dragon boating but better safe than sorry. I've heard some gyms are closing which stinks for people who can't work out at home.

This morning I did a Get Lean Workout and then a hike up Machu Picchu. With working from home, I can afford to double up a little on workouts in the morning now. Plus I need to do more since I am sitting on my butt the entire day now.

Have a great day!

Chery I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your lazy day on Sunday, you earned it! You were smart to go to the store early. I think most of our hysterical buying is over, but the stores are still working on getting restocked. I went on Sunday and they hardly had any produce, no chicken (but lots of beef??), no toilet paper. Some of the things that people are stocking up on are baffling to me. It's too bad about dragon boating being canceled but does make sense. There is no way to social distance in those boats!

Julie The new guys are Bentley and Cooper. Tai is not quite sure what to think of them yet. He tried to play with Bentley immediately, but Bentley was wanting to check things out. Now that Bentley wants to play he's not so interested :rolleyes:. I'm sure that will change though. Great job on your GL workout and your hike up MP! That is a bad thing about working from home. I always found I moved around a lot less.

This morning was Hiit DWP, it was nice having such a short one. I was supposed to get another kitten yesterday but I didn't end up her. I offered her to another foster because she has one that needs a playmate, but then the woman who found her said that her ex might want her and she wants to give him a few days to decide. :rolleyes:. Kitten season is really starting to gear up though so I'm sure there will be more soon.

Pam

Last edited:
Julie I don't know about people sometimes. I would really hate to work in a grocery store right now. Good job on your Get Lean Workout and your hike up Machu Picchu. I bet it is nice not having that commute right now. Here all the gyms, rec centers, swimming pools etc are closed. As well as all the clubs, bars and restaurants. It is an eerie feeling.

Pam Yep we have no toilet paper either in the stores. I am glad that I bought some the week before things got crazy. I am just as baffled as you in what people are stocking up on. Great work on Hiit DWP. Yes kitten season is just around the corner. I am not sure as to what is going to happen here because I am not sure how much longer we will be doing adoptions and if anyone will be coming out to adopt with everything going on.

This morning I did Cardio and Weights. It was one that I hadn't done in a long time. It felt good to workout again because it has been a little bit since I did. Then I got some housework done and then walked Zoey in the afternoon.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on HiiT DWP! That's funny that can't seem to get on the same page of wanting to play at the same time. Hopefully the boyfriend will decide to keep the kitten. That will open the other foster up to another kitten when it comes in.

Cheryl Great job on C&W! That is a good one and I like the music in it. Our restaurants and bars are closed too except they still allow delivery and take out just no eating in.

This morning I did a run in Hawaii and a hike in the Alps (can't remember if it was French or Swiss Alps)! I actually did some walking in place while working yesterday and ended up getting in 10,000 steps by the time I went to bed. My watch buzzes if I have been inactive for an hour so every hour it buzzed, I got up and tried to get 1000 steps in. Gonna try to do that again today.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm a bit worried about what is going to happen with this years kittens season also. ll of our adoption events are now cancelled until further notice and we aren't keeping any cats at the PetSmart adoption center while this is going on either. I don't think anyone is going to want strangers coming over to meet kittens right now either. Maybe we cn do curbside adoptions :rolleyes:;). I have my 2 new guys scheduled for their neuter on Friday. As of right now that is still supposed to happen, but that could change. I'm hoping I can it done done because Bentley is kind've aggressive and I think the neuter will calm him down. Great job on C&W. That is a fun one but I don't think about it very often.

Julie The ex did decide to keep the kitten, so hopefully we will find a good playmate for Tammy's kitten. Great job on your run in Hawaii and hike up the Alps. Good for you for still managing to get your 10,000 steps in while working at home! That is awesome. I'm sure it's helpful to get the reminders from your watch. I was hoping my DH and I would be able to go for a bike ride today because he has been in the house for 3 days now, but he has non stop meetings all day so I don't think that will happen.

This morning for me was disc 25 Plyo legs and the bonus stabiliy ball abs from Butts and Guts. I love the Plyo leg workouts and that is one of my favorite ab workouts as well. Our truck is out of commission and DH has been waiting for the part for it for a couple of months, so I'm going to see if I can get some mulch delivered. Might as well get the yard work done while being at home more. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on your run in Hawaii and hike in the Alps. It is handy to have your watch buzz when you need to get moving.

Pam Do you have any more people that can be fosters while this is going on? This is something that we will need to look into here too. I am hoping that the spays and neuters can still happen because the kittens can go into heat and that is not fun at all for the people who are fostering them. I hope that the vets that we work with can stay open and help us with the spays and neuters that we have booked with them. Good work on disc 25 Plyo Legs and the bonus stability bal abs from Butts and Guts.

This morning I did Step Sync. I needed a fun one this morning. Then I got the vacuuming done and then walked Zoey. I don't think we are getting a transfer of new animals tomorrow. We are closing our doors and doing appointments only for any adoptions.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on D25 plus B&G sb abs! All day meetings even from home are draining. I hope you can get the mulch delivered. It would be nice to get some yard work done especially if it is nice weather outside.

Cheryl Great job on SS and your walk with Zoey! Hopefully the adoptions can keep up even with the doors closed. With everyone being on lock down, having a furry friend right now is almost a necessity.

This morning I did a Get Lean workout and a hike in the Austrian Alps. I have an all morning virtual class today and then I am planning on trying to get my weekly grocery shopping done. Wish me luck that there is stock on the shelves by now!

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on your Get Lean Workout and your hike in the Austrian Alps. I hope your grocery shopping goes well and that the shelves are stocked.

This morning I really slept in. I hadn't slept in that late in years. I did do Push Pull this morning for my workout. I got outside a bit this afternoon along with the cats who were insisting that I let them out. I got some sweeping done on the patio and some weeds and moss out of the garden.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl I bet it felt great to sleep in! You must have needed it too. Great job on Push Pull! The grocery store wasn't too bad. The shelves weren't completely bare except the toilet paper still but there were a lot more bare shelves than I am used to seeing. Luckily I was able to get everything I needed except one item.

This morning I did a run in Poipu Beach in Kauai. That was the beach that I saw the monk seal on when I was there. It is a nice beach. After that was a hike in the French Alps.

Have a great day!

Cheryl We are actually low on fosters right now because we have lost a few recently. I had a new one lined up, but she has a weak immune system so she said she can't help until this is over :(. Our shelters are already full and kitten season is just barely starting. I don't think many people are thinking about adopting right now, but hopefully that will change. It's really a great time for it with people being at home to spend time with them and help them get adjusted. Two of our 3 vets are currently operating as normal, so y 2 boys are in for their neuter today. Great job on Step Sync, vacuuming and your walk with Zoey!

Julie I called and ordered my mulch and they delivered it within 2 hours! I haven't gotten a lot of it spread yet because I'm finding most of the beds need some serious work first. I had sprayed for weeds, but we had such a warm winter that the weeds have staring growing into the beds so I'm have to do a lot of digging. At least there is plenty of time for that! Great job on GL and your hike in the Austrian Alps. Our grocery stores are still pretty bare in the meat and produce departments, but so far the couple of times I've been I have been able to get what I needed. Luckily we don't need toilet paper!

Cheryl[ Good for you for sleeping in. I hope you felt wonderful when you woke up. Great job on PP and getting outside for awhile. It is so pretty out here but of course our pollen has also started so everything is yellow. :(

Julie Great job on your run in Poipu Beach. I bet it was fun reliving being there and seeing the monk seal. Great job on your hike in the French Alps too.

Yesterday I went in a 32 mile bike ride with my friends. I was really feeling it by the end after having leg day and yard work the day before! In the afternoon I did some more yard work. This morning was disc 27 back, shoulders, and biceps and the abs from ME. I had forgotten how chatty Cathe is in Meso 3! The rests are already so long and so many times the counter has counted to zero and she is still chatting away :rolleyes:. I was calling her Chatty Cathe :). Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am glad that you could get everything except for one item. Great job on your run in Poipu Beach and hike in the French Alps. I was in Poipu Beach back in the 70's before the hurricane struck, It was an awesome place to snorkel.

Pam Our vets are not running as normal so things are a bit crazy here. We don't need fosters right now but we may need them in the future. Good job on your 32 mile bike ride and disc 27 Back, Shoulders and Biceps and the abs from ME.

So this morning I did ICE Rock'em Sock'em. It was a really surreal day. We are closed to the public except for appointments for adoptions. We also had a transfer of 5 cats and two budgies today. My manager who I work with has a cold so she was told to stay at home. So I was there alone to do the transfer and everything else. I only had one volunteer that came today so it was up to me to also get all the others things done. I was really stressed out by the end of the day with trying to get some things done. Though it looks like a bomb went off in our shelter. I am on my own again tomorrow and I am hoping that I get a few volunteers to help me out with everything. Though gin does seems to make things a little bit better.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Pam Sounds like you have quite a bit of work ahead of you in the yard. Great job on your 32 mile bike ride and D27 and ME abs! LOL! Chatty Cathe!

Cheryl I did some snorkeling too on Poipu and it was amazing! Great job on ICE RS! I am sorry things are so stressful right now at work. Hopefully things will calm down soon.

Saturday I did a Get Lean workout and a hike in the French Alps! Friday the Governor decided to put Illinois under a Shelter in Place order so hopefully people will listen and stay inside as much as possible to reduce exposure. People still need to get groceries and other essentials so grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, and hospitals are still open. Sunday was my rest day and this morning I did a Get Lean workout and a hike on Mt. Kilimanjaro Lava Tower.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RS! Wow, sorry you had such a stressful day. I hope Saturday was better and you got some help. I thought things would be slow for adoptions with everything going on, but we are a lot busier than normal for this time of year. I guess a lot of people are realizing it is a good time to get a pet since they will be home for awhile. You're right about gin making things a little better too :p. I was talking to my sil and told her that this quarantine is making me want to day drink!

Julie I do have a lot of work ahead in the yard. I figure it's a great quarantine activity. Great job on your GL workouts and hikes in the French Alps and Mt Kilimanjaro Lava Tower!

Saturday I took as my rest day but I did do a lot of yard work. My plan was to spread mulch, but then I realized how much work the beds needed first so I was digging weeds, putting in landscape edging, cut the lawn, and only spread a little mulch. Sunday morning I did Step fit. I think I have only done that once or twice before. It was pretty good but you have to laugh at their scrunchies and thongs! Then it was more of the same as far as yard work. This morning was Disc 28 chest and back. I had forgotten about the heavy deadlifts. My Versa Grips are coming in handy! There will be no yard work today because it's raining, but I think my back can use the break anyway. Have a great day, stay safe!

Pam

Julie Good work on your Get Lean workouts and hikes in the French Alps and Mt. Kilimanjaro Lava Tower. Hopefully the people will listen to the shelter in place order. But unfortunately a lot of people don't think it includes them.

Pam Yes I think that a lot of people want to adopt now because they will be home for a while. Oh yeah day drinking is sounding good. Wow you sure did get a lot of year work done. That is a workout in itself. Great job on Step fit and disc 28 Chest and Back.

Saturday I didn't do a workout. Work was better and I did have volunteers all day long which really did help. I also adopted out our guinea pigs and two of our kittens. Sunday I wasn't feeling motivated at all so I didn't do much all day. We did have a group chat on messenger with my mom and brother. It is one way of catching up on things when you can't get together. This morning I went to get groceries as soon as the store opened. I still had to line up to get in but it wasn't too bad of a wait. Then I made some bone broth and a few other things.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam You had quite the active rest day on Saturday with all that yard work but I bet it felt great being outside and accomplishing all that. Great job on Step Fit! Do they wear high tops too? I can't remember. Great job on D28! I love my versa grips. My grip definitely limits me on most things.

Cheryl Glad you had some volunteers to help on Saturday. Technology does help with the social distancing these days.

This morning I did a Get Lean workout and a short hike in Hawaii. DH is taking Benny back to the vet today because he has been squinting his eyes again. Hopefully he comes back with no issues and is just doing it because Layla and Gunny have tails that whip him in the face.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.