Strength in Numbers

Cheryl It's good that you had some volunteers to help you o Saturday. We have been making more use of group chats and FaceTime too. It's a nice way to keep up with what is happening. I haven't been to the store in a few days. I was a daily shopper so it's a big adjustment for me planning ahead, but it[s working out so far.

Julie Great job on your GL workout and you hike in Hawaii. Oh no, I hope that Benny's eye is ok. I can see a tail whipping you in the face making you need to squint!

This morning was Hiit 30/30 and the first Core Max segment. My neighbor came over yesterday to meet Cooper and Bentley and they ended up adopting them, so now poor Tai is back to having no playmate. I am getting 4 kittens tomorrow morning, but I think they are pretty small and probably too young to play with him. Today I went and picked up a cat and took him to the vet and dropped him at another fosters. The vet has you call when you are there and wait in your car. They come out and ask you questions then take the cat in, then bring him back out and put him in the car for you. I've been pretty impressed by how creative some of the businesses have been, but I'm thinking we will probably follow the trend of essential businesses only soon. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on your Get Lean workout and hike in Hawaii. I hope that there are no issues with Benny's eye.

Pam Great job on Hiit 30/30 and the first Core Max segment. That is great that Cooper and Bentley have been adopted. Nice that you are getting 4 more kittens. Hopefully Tai will have some playmate soon. Our vets are doing the same thing here too. I think it is working out pretty good.

This morning I did PHA 3. It felt good to get back to working out again. Then I made a few things but I am a bit bored. There are things to do here but I do need some motivation to get it done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on HiiT 30/30 and Core Max segment 1! Poor Tai but that is awesome and such a quick turnaround for Bentley and Cooper. That is how we had to take Benny to the vet yesterday. Like a drop off and pick up service.

Cheryl Great job on PHA3! That is such a good one. Hopefully you will get your full motivation back.

So Benny has another ulcer but this time in his left eye instead of his right eye. We are back to drops for a week to see if it will heal on its own before surgery if needed. They also put a protective contact lens in that eye. I feel like asking if they can keep them in both eyes to protect against the whipping tails in the house! I did do a run in Morocco this morning and a hike in the Alps!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on PHA 3, I love that one! We have been so busy with the rescue with adoptions and new fosters that I have been really busy. I'm thinking that is about to change because our county is missing a stay at home order tomorrow. I don't know the details yet though.

Julie Oh poor Benny, I hope that he doesn't need surgery on his other eye. Poor guy! Great job on your run in Morocco and your hike in the Alps.

This morning was disc 20 something Plyo legs. I really love the Plyo legs workouts and it went by really quickly. Then I did some more mulching until I got my kittens. I have 6 right now, but 2 may be going to another foster. Poor Tai wanted to play with them but he is just so much bigger than they are that he was scaring them. I went to the grocery store today because we were out of milk and was happy to see that they were pretty well stocked. I didn't go down the toilet paper aisle though, but they did have a lot of produce. Not much chicken still, but they had a lot of the other meats. My friends and I are riding in the morning because golf, tennis, and biking are all still ok as long as you social distance. I hope you are all staying well and safe!

Pam

Julie Poor Benny I hope the eye drops work and he doesn't need another surgery. Great job on your run in Morocco and hike in the Alps.

Pam We have been told to stay at home unless we need food or the go to work. If we do go outside for a walk we need to do the social distancing. Good work on disc 20 Plyo Legs. You will have your hands full with 6 kittens. Poor Tai being too big for the kittens to play with. Glad that you could get what you needed at the grocery store.

This morning I did Athletic Step. I could tell that it had been a while since I had done anything higher impact. Then I got all the housework done. We aren't getting an animal transfer this week so I don't need to go into work until Friday. It will be a very quiet weekend.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on D2X Plyo Legs! Oh poor Tai! I hope the kitties want to play with him soon.

Cheryl Great job on AS! I bet it will be nice to have a quiet weekend at work for a change. Seems you have been swamped lately.

This morning I did a Get Lean workout and a hike on Lava Tower on Mount Kilimanjaro. I am going to be braving the grocery store today. I need to do my weekly replenish of produce and pick up some things for my parents. They are trying not to leave their house so my sister and I are taking turns running errands for them.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on AS! I did that one not too long ago and thought it was a lot harder than I had remembered. Are you guys still doing adoptions? We are trying to figure out how the stay at home order applies to us. It says no gatherings at all and all non essential businesses and services need to close. I am thinking we might be able to do FaceTime meet and greet and have adopters come put a carrier the fosters porch and the foster come out and get it and out the cat in and bring it out. Trying to be creative!

Julie Gret job on you GL workout and hike on Lava tower. I hope that your grocery store run wasn't too bad. That is nice that you and your sister are able to help your parents.

This morning my friends and I went on a 26 mile bike ride. It has been nice to see so many families out walking together. My new kittens are so cute! At least I have that fun to look forward to while we are stuck at home! Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Good work on your Get Lean workout and hike on the Lava Tower on Mt Kilimanjaro. Good luck with your grocery shopping. That is nice of you and your sister to do that for your parents.

Pam Yes we are still doing adoptions though they are slow. We have been deemed to be an essential service by our Provincial Government which makes things a bit easier to stay open. People need to apply online for the animal they want to adopt. Then we will do an interview over the telephone for the first person who applied for that animal. If that goes well we then schedule them in at a certain time to come and meet the animal. Usually we want the whole family to come but now we ask for only one person from the family to come for the meet and greet. They call us from the parking lot and then we unlock the door and step back and then they come in. We take them to the room with the animal and only they will go in to spend time with the animal. If they want to adopt we will then do the paperwork but we wear gloves and sanitize the point of sale machine etc. It is a bit time consuming but it works for us. Your solution sounds like it would work too. You could always try it to see if that would be a way to keep the adoptions going. Great job on your 26 mile bike ride. Kittens would be fun to be stuck at home with.

This morning I did LITE PHA 2. It is raining out so it was a pretty quiet day around here.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on your 26 mile bike ride. I have noticed more people out even though we are still in the 40s and 50s.

Cheryl Great job on LITE PHA2! That is pretty awesome that you are still deemed essential. I am pretty sure our shelters have closed for adoptions but I am not sure if they are doing by appointment only.

This morning I did a run in Morocco. My longest run at 30 minutes straight. After that I did a hike in the Swiss Alps. Then I did some housework before getting online to work for a few hours.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl It sounds like you have a good system for your adoptions. Since we don't have a facility it's a bit trickier. We aren't even sure if we are allowed to do online adoptions since we are considered non-essential, but I think we're going to try it for now. People can already pay online and we're setting up the contract so that they can sign it online. Great job on PHA2!

Julie I think people are getting out to walk a lot more because everyone is feeling cooped up at home, The bike rides have been nice, I hope that we continue to be able to do them. Great. job on your run in Morocco! 30 minutes straight is awesome!! Great job on your hike in the Swiss Alps too.

This morning I did Disc 30 back, shoulders, and biceps. the bicep ones have been killers in Meso 3. I finished 2 hours ago and my biceps are still singing. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on your run in Morocco and hike in the Swiss Alps. Doing 30 minutes at once is great, that means your cardio is improving.

Pam I am attaching a link to VOKRA which is the Vancouver Orphaned Kitten Rescue Association. They run the same as you do through fosters. You may be able to get some information from their website on how they are doing things through all of this or you may be able to email them to get a few ideas.

VOKRA

Great work on Disc 30 Back, Shoulders and Biceps.

Friday I did PRS #2 and then went to work. It is really quiet since we have the doors locked. Saturday I took as a day off.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Thank you so much for that link, I will take a look. Great job on PRS #2.

Yesterday I did body Max 2 cardio blast premix and abs. It was tough! Friday I had planned to get my house cleaning done, but I ended up spending the entire day on the phone and email doing cat stuff. I did get several new fosters Iined up and was able to take 2 cats in from a woman who is having to move because her hours have been cut so much because of the shut down, and a mama and 6 kittens from a high kill shelter. I decided yesterday I wasn't going to get sucked into it again so just did a few emails in the morning and then went and worked outside all day. It was almost 90 degrees and is going to be in the high 80s again today, so today might be my first pool day! Today is my rest day and I still haven't gotten my house cleaning done, but I don't think it's going to happen today either :rolleyes:. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Good work on Body Max 2 cardio Blast premix and abs. I think there will be a lot more people needing to surrender their animals because they can't afford them anymore due to what is going on. You are lucky that you are getting such nice weather. It is raining here and is still cool. Don't worry about the house cleaning it will still be there for you later in the week. Get out and enjoy your nice weather.

This morning I did Yoga Relax. I used to be so good in doing yoga but this was the first time I had done yoga in a long time. Then we face timed with my mom and brother.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on D30 and BM2 cardio blast plus abs! Bummer you couldn’t get your cleaning done on Friday as planned but sounds like you got a lot accomplished for the rescue. That was good restraint to only do a few emails and then pull yourself away. I know that is tough to do if there is more waiting. Wow that is some nice weather you are having! We got to 70 on Saturday but that brought toronado warnings later that night because then we were back in the 50s on Sunday.

Cheryl Great job on PRS #2 and Yoga Relax! I was thinking that with being home more and no commute, I really have no excuse for not trying to get more yoga or stretching in but somehow I still am finding a way to not do it.

Friday I got done with work early and then did a bunch of cleaning around this house. Saturday I did my last Get Lean workout for Phase 2 and a hike in the Swiss Alps. I am taking a deload week this week. My shoulder is messed up so I am not doing anything involving arms. I did Pedal Power this morning and forgot about the sneaky extra sprint she put in the cool down as a bonus!

Have a great day!

Julie Nice that you got done with work early so you could get some cleaning done. Good work on your Get Lean workout and your hike in the Swiss Alps and Pedal Power. I hope your shoulder problem isn't too bad and it will be fine to do upper body work again next week.

This morning I did RWH Upper Body Circuit. Then I went and got groceries. I was nicely surprised that there wasn't a line up to get in and it was really quick going through the checkout line. Then in the afternoon we decided to go for a walk at a local park. It was pouring rain but it was nice to get out and it was easy doing the social distance thing.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RWH CUB! Hopefully things are settling down and getting back to normal at the grocery stores.

This morning I did RWH LIHI Legs plus abs 2! I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it since it has been so long. I did go lighter on weight but only took 1 break. Taking Benny back to the vet this afternoon to see if the drops are helping his eye. Hoping for no surgery.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on RWH LIHI Legs plus abs 2. I hope the drops are working for Benny and he won't need surgery.

This morning I was really tired. I didn't sleep well at all last night. So I decided just to take it easy today. I did get out for a little bit of a walk though between the rain showers.

Cheryl Good for you for taking a rest day and getting a walk in. Did you go alone or with Zoey?

Late post because I had to drop Benny off at the vet. He ended up needing to get surgery on his other eye. He is out and they said he did great and hopefully DH will be getting off work soon and can go get him. This morning I did a run on Easter Island and a hike in the Swiss Alps. My calves are killing me from the plyo in LIHI Legs yesterday. I guess plyo jumping moves are not the same as running.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on YR! I have never been good at doing yoga and don't see it happening any time soon :p. We have been doing a lot of FaceTime calls lately.

Julie We were having some nice weather but we have 2 pretty cool days. I think it is supposed to warm up again though. Good for you getting cleaning done when you finished work early. I'm not sure I would ave been that motivated :rolleyes:. Great job on you GL workout and hike in the Swiss Alps. Sorry to hear that your shoulder is messed up. Hopefully your deload week will take care of that. Great job on Pedal Power. Cathe is good for sneaking those bonuses in!

Cheryl Great job on RWH UBC! I haven't been to the grocery store in a week. It is the longest I have ever gone I think! Too funny that pouring ran helped with the social distancing!

Julie Great job on LIHI legs plus abs 2! That is a tough but fun one. Poor Benny. Sorry to hear he had to have surgery again, but hopefully the issues will be over for good! Great job on your run on Eater Island and your hike in the Swiss Alps! Any time I switch leg exercises some part of my legs end up killing me!

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted for so long, what a crazy few days its been! Monday I went for a 25 mile bike ride with my friend and then I don't even remember what I did in the afternoon. Yesterday morning I did disc 31 chest and back. Then spent the rest of the day with way too much cat drama. We just took 7 cats from a woman. Two were very pregnant, at least one other female we suspect is pregnant and the 4th probably is too. She was bringing us another pregnant female, but it got out of the carrier and ran away and she hasn't been able to find it. Another rescue already took 9 cats from her last week 3 of which were pregnant. She still has two females that have 6 kittens between them, another male, and another 7 month old female! I begged her to give us the 2 moms and kittens but she wants to keep one of the moms. I told her we would get the mom fixed and return her after the babies are weened but she wouldn't :(. The cats we got from her were covered in diarrhea, vomit and urine. UGH. At least they are all super sweet and now that they are cleaned up they should be adopted quickly. This morning I did Intensity. As always it was a killer. Now I'm been wasting too much time when I should be cleaning my house! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie No I went on my walk alone. Due to the social distancing I figured it would be best if I didn't go over to our friends house to walk Zoey. I figured it would be best to keep my germs to myself instead of spreading them around. Sorry about Benny but hopefully with the surgery his eyes will be fine. Good work on your run on Easter Island and hike in the Swiss Alps.

Pam Great job on your 25 mile bike ride, disc 31 Chest and Back and Intensity. Wow that is a lot of cat drama. I can't believe some people not getting their animals spayed or neutered. It least you could get some of the cats from her but if she keeps even one of the female cats it will be the same problem again. That is great that you could get the cats all cleaned up and ready for adoption so fast.

This morning I did RWH Circuit Lower Body and bonus abs 1. I really do need to do more higher intensity workouts as my cardio is suffering.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.