Strength in Numbers

Pam Great job on subbing RSK plus B&G sb abs! That is quite a bit of snow for your area. That is great news about Spanky!

Cheryl Great job on D15! I know it is easy to get dehydrated when you are so busy. I feel you there. It sounds like you had the quite the busy weekend at work but I am glad you got to have some fun with your mom and brother.

Saturday I did my last Get Lean workout of Phase 1 and then a hike up Mt. Fuji (it is broken up into 7 parts). Then I did some things around the house. Sunday was a lazy day but it was so super nice out. We got into the 50s which meant the ground got softened up enough to get the dogs’ paws nice and muddy every time they went out. This week is my active recovery week for Get Lean so I did Live Breathless Legs. There were certainly some breathless moments in there.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on disc 15. Wow, you really had a busy couple of days. The open house sounds really tiring! I hadn't heard if the Great Bar rain forest before so I have to to look it up, it sounds very cool. And it also sounds like the perfect thing for Imax. Oh you said Omnimax, is that the same as Imax?

Julie Great job on finishing phase 1 of Get Lean and your hike up Mt Fuji. When you have finished all 7 segments you will have hiked all the way up then? I bet those dogs were in heaven with all of that mud. Maybe they need little rubber boots :D. Great job on Breathless Legs. That does't sound much like recovery though :).

Saturday was disc 18. So far the Meso 2 back and biceps workouts are really tough. Sunday was my rest day. We had adoption events both days. Saturday we were non stop busy but only had 1 adoption. Sunday was really really slow until the very end when things went crazy. We had someone in meeting cats, were getting messages about 2 cats being returned, got a call from the microchip people that one of our cats that was adopted last year had been found and no one could get in touch with the adopters. Everyone is worried because they adopted 2 kittens at the same time so no one knows what is happening with the other one. We did end up having one adoption yesterday at least. This morning was supposed to be 40/20 but I did Plyo hit 2 instead. I had no energy and it was really really hard. I had to pause and sit down before doing the over the tops into burpees and I really should have just stopped but I'm too stubborn. I had planned to do bonus abs 2 but I at least had enough sense not to attempt it after struggling through the workout. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Good job on your last Get Lean workout of phase 1 and your hike up Mt. Fuji. I bet the dogs loved the mud. It is always fun to clean off their paws. Good work on Live Breathless Legs. It sounds like it was named appropriately.

Pam No Omnimax and Imax are not the same. Imax movies are shown on a flat screen where Omnimax movies are shown on the curved roof of a giant theater. You feel as if you are there in the movie. Great job on disc 18. I agree that the back and bicep workouts are tough. I know how it feels to have things go crazy right at the end of the day. At least the kitten was micro chipped but I the adopters didn't update their information or moved and just left the kittens. I hope you find the other one too. Good for you in doing Plyo Hiit 2 when you had no energy.

This morning was disc 15 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Then I got some laundry and some cleaning done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on D18! Oh no that sounds scary that 2 are being returned and another was found and they can't get in touch with the adopters. Great job on getting through Plyo 2 and taking a rest. I am glad you backed off and didn't add on abs. It sounds like you needed a lighter day. Yes, once you get through all 7 parts, we will be at the top of Mt. Fuji. Each part is about 25-30 minutes long so I guess it would take about 3-4 hours to climb non-stop in real life. We have winter boots for the dogs but I have not tried putting them on for the mud. But now I am picturing them wearing little yelllow rain boots!

Cheryl Great job on D15! Actually Gunner hates mud and will jump over puddles to avoid getting dirty. He is the first dog we have ever seen do that. We are trying to get him to teach the others! Wow the Omnimax movies sound really crazy awesome to see.

This morning I did Live Arms & Abs on the Ball! It went by pretty quickly and the abs section wasn't awful but not near as fun as the ab stackers!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Wow, Omnimax movies sound incredible. I don't think we have any around here but will have to see. Great job on disc 15, laundry and cleaning!

Julie Great job on live Arms and abs on the ball!

This morning was disc 19 chest, shoulders, and triceps and Step Boss bonus abs 2. I do not recommend doing that ab workout after a heavy upper body workout. I wasn't thinking about how much upper body work there is in it and it killed me. I finally heard back from the woman who adopted the cat that had been found. She said that they had adopted her out to someone else and she is trying to get in touch with them to find out what is going on. They still have the other cat they adopted from us and another one. She didn't say why they got rid of her, but someone from Meowhouse picked her up yesterday. The people who found her fell in love with her, so hopefully if all goes well with her vet check they will be adopting her. The woman who was going to return the other two is also trying to keep them. She asked for suggestions and help on how to get them to warm up to her, so we're going to have a couple of people with a lot of experience there go talk to her. So all of that craziness seems to be turning out ok. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie That is too funny about Gunner. I thought all dogs loved water and puddles. At least Zoey does she gravitates right to them. Great work on Live Arms and Abs and the Ball.

Pam Good work on disc 19 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and the Step Boss bonus abs 2. That ab workout does have a lot of upper body with the planks. Why would she adopt out the cat to someone else. That just seems a bit weird unless that one cat was not getting along with the other two. I hope the other person finds out how to make her cats warm up to her. Glad that things are turning out better than you thought.

This morning was RWH LIHI Hiit 1 and the bonus abs 1. Then I got groceries and when I got back I took Zoey out for a walk.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on D19 and SB bonus abs 2! That one does have quite a bit of upper body work being on the step. It sounds like things are getting better since this weekend with the kitties. I hope the one that is trying to keep the 2 she adopted can work it out.

Cheryl Great job on RWH LIHI HiiT 1 plus bonus abs 1 plus your walk with Zoey! We feel like we hit the jackpot with Gunny avoiding puddles.

This morning I did a run in Portugal. I ran for 25 minutes straight! Longest I have done. I maintained a consistent, sloth-like pace but yea! After that I did Part 4 of the Mt. Fuji hike. Almost 80% of the workout was at a 40% incline. Glute burner! We got about 4 inches of snow last night. I am working from home today so I have 4 furry co-workers! DH was letting Gunny and Benny inside, Layla was still outside. He shut the sliding glass door and then we heard a bang. Poor Layla was running in and DH didn't see her and shut the door and she slammed into it. Good thing I am home to give her snuggles poor girl!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on LIHI Hiit 1 and bonus abs 1 and your walk with Zoey!

Julie Great job on your run in Portugal and your climb up Mt Fuji. I was laughing at the description of your sloth like pace. 25 minutes of running is hard! Following that with a 40% incline hike, wow! Oh no, poor Layla :(, I bet your DH felt terrible too.

This morning I did Cardio kicks again. It felt harder than it usually does, but I got through it. Paulie is headed for his home trial tonight, so wish him luck! Have a get day!

Pam

Pam Great job on CK! DH felt awful. Luckily Layla was ok and didn't seem to be scared of the door later int he day. Oh good luck Paulie! Hope it goes well!

This morning I did Live Muscle Confusion! Cathe did a bonus at the end of sit outs with a pushup. My shoulders were not cooperating so I did some weird modified version with no pushup. At least I tried. I am taking tomorrow off work and have several appointments I need to run around and get done.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on Muscle confusion The boys site outs with a push up sound very hard.

This morning was disc 20 legs and ab stackers. Paulie didn't want to come out of the carrier when I got there, but she sent me a picture later showing that he had ventured out. He was still hiding and looking scared though :(. She has a really playful kitten so hopefully they will be buddies soon. She has Paulie in a separate room for now until she sees how they do together. Now I'm down to just Tai and his snotty nose :D. There is a new playmate lined up for him already, I just want to wait a couple of days to see how Paulie does first. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on your 25 minute run in Portugal and your hike on Mt Fuji. Wow that incline would have been a butt burner. Poor Layla, nice that you are home to give her snuggles.

Pam Good work on Cardio Kicks. Good luck to Paulie.

Julie Great work on Live Muscle Confusion. The sit outs with a push up do not sound like fun at all.

Pam Great job on disc 20 Legs and the ab stacker. It could take Paulie a bit of time to adjust. Hopefully the playful kitten will get him out of his shell.

Yesterday morning I did disc 17 Legs. Then I went and got my hair cut. After that I finished up with the vacuuming and cleaning. This morning was Step Sync and then I went to work. We got 6 kittens and 3 cats today. I was finished early but had to stay because my assistant manager had an appointment which left only my manager and it got really busy. We did adopt out 3 of the 6 kittens we got today though.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on disc 17 legs and step sync. That is awesome that 3 of the kittens were already adopted. Have they already been spayed/neutered when you take them in?

This morning was Imax 4 and the extended chair stretch. I really like that stretch, I need to do it more often. My legs and glutes are really feeling yesterdays workout. And I don't know what's going on with me this week but all of my cardio workouts have felt so hard. I've been getting completely breathless. Hopefully it's just a passing thing! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam No the kittens are not normally spayed or neutered when we get them. The people who adopt them really just foster them until their spay or neuter date and then they take them in for the procedure. Once it is done we then finalize the adoption and the kitten is theirs. This is great as it gets them out of the shelter and into a home where the people do want to keep them. Great job on Imax 4 and the extended chair stretch. I have weeks like that where the cardio feels harder than normal too. I feel now that I am getting older (almost 60 :eek:) things are not as easy as they once were.

This morning I did disc 18 Back and Biceps. Then I went to the SPCA. My manager texted me and told me that she was sick and that I was on my own today. It was a crazy day and I didn't even have time for lunch. I was on the go from the time that I got there till the time I went home. We even had a couple of people waiting before we opened to adopt two of the cats that we had. I am hoping that I will have help tomorrow because it could be another crazy day though all of our kittens were adopted out today so we only have 3 cats and our small animals.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl That seems like a good way to do the kitties. We don't adopt ours out until after they have have they spay/neuter, but there are always people wanting smaller kittens. Great job on dis 18. Wow, you did have a crazy day. That is a lot to handle by yourself. I hope that today is better.

This morning was disc 21 back and biceps. I find these to be the hardest of the 3 muscle groups for me. My biceps are still singing and I finished almost 2 hours ago! Now I'm headed to an adoption event. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great work on disc 21 back and biceps. How are your biceps today? Good luck at your adoption event.

So Saturday I was so tired from Friday that I took it as a day off. I did have help on Saturday so even though it got busy it wasn't as insane as Friday was. Sunday I went to the market for a few things and in the afternoon I went to the Olympic Oval where there have an indoor paddling pool. We got to work on our stroke technique to get ready for dragon boat season. It looks like our first practice will be this Saturday morning. I am so looking forward to it.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam Great job on D20 and ab stackers! Sounds like this lady will be patient with Paulie which is good. Great job on Imax 4 plus the extended chair stretch! I continue to be awful with stretching. I know I need it but I just don’t do it. Hopefully it is just a passing thing with the cardio feeling. I know I feel that way some weeks and the other weeks I feel like nothing can stop me (I wish there were more of those weeks though). Great job on D21!

Cheryl Great job on D17 and housework and then SS! Bummer you had to stay with getting done early but sounds like it was worth it to get 3 kittens adopted. Great job on D18! Oh no, so sorry you didn’t have time for lunch. Good for you for resting after such a hectic work schedule. I am so excited that dragon boating season is starting! I know that means warmer weather is coming for sure now!

Friday I did a run in Portugal and another hike up Mt. Fuji. After that I had errands to run until about 11 and then I did some cleaning and then took Benny to a vet appointment in the afternoon. He is having issues with his eye again so back on the drops and they are going to recheck this Thursday for possible surgery. Saturday I did Live Cardio Core Challenge and a hike up Machu Picchu. After that DH and I ran some errands and did some things around the house. Sunday was my lazy day and it got close to 60! This morning I started Phase 2 of Get Lean!

Have a great day!

Cheryl That sounds like fun paddling in the Olympic pool, spring is just around the corner!

Julie Great job on your run in Portugal and your hike up Mt Fuji. You must be getting close to the top now! Oh poor Benny, I hope he doesn't have to have surgery. Great job on Live Cardio Core Challenge and your hike up Machu Picchu. How nice to have beautiful weather on you day off. Great job on your first and second phase 2 workouts of Get Lean!

Sunday was my rest day and we had another adoption event. Saturday was really slow and we only had 2 adoptions, but Sunday was crazy. I think we had 5 adoptions and were busy from the minute we got there until the minute we left. Two of the 5 have been with their fosters for over a year, so those are always good ones to get. Monday was friend and I went for a 27 mile bike ride. It was beautiful outside and nice to get out and ride, This morning was disc 22 chest, shoulders, and triceps. I forgot that Cathe snuck some pushups in this Meso cycle! I felt like Meso 1 went by so fast and Meso 2 is just crawling. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on your run in Portugal and hike up Mt. Fuji, Live Cardio Core challenge, your hike up Machu Picchu and starting Phase 2 of Get Lean. . Poor Benny, I hope he doesn't need surgery on his eye. Oh no that is not a good sign that it is already a long week and it is only Tuesday.

Pam I am glad that your adoption event on Sunday was a success. I know those days where you are busy all day and it doesn't stop. Good work on your 27 mile bike ride and disc 22 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

So Monday I was really sore so I decided to take this week off STS and do something else. I will see about getting back to it next week but there is no way that I can lift heavy weights with how sore I am. I need to get conditioned again for dragon boating. Monday I did ICE Metabolic Conditioning and then I took Zoey out for a walk. Tuesday I did LITE Rev'd Up Rumble and then I went and got groceries. Then in the afternoon I took Zoey out for another walk. I am still a bit stiff and sore, I need to stretch but for some reason I just don't do it. I can find a lot of other things that need to get done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Pam It is wonderful to be busy during the adoption events and sounds like it was worth it with that many adoptions. Great job on your 27 mile bike ride and D22! Cathe is always good for those bonuses.

Cheryl You are so good about listening to your body and with dragon boating coming up I am sure the heavier mesos in STS would be tough to work in there. Great job on ICE MC and your Zoey walk and the for LITE RUR and another walk! That is how I am with stretching. I know I need to do and would benefit from it but there are always other things to do even though they can probably wait.

This morning I did a run in Morocco and a hike up Mt. Fuji. The run was really hard because there were quite a few steep hills but I made it. I am through 6 of the 7 parts of the Mt. Fuji hike. We made it above the clouds and it was so cool looking down on them. The last 2 or 3 workouts have been walking through the clouds which was like walking in fog. It is now clear and you can see the top!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.