Peri menopause

In this eternal stage of a woman's life practically anything and everything is normal. Sigh. It does drag on so.

Clare

I never went 5 weeks but went through a 2 week spell until I started using plant derive progesterone cream. The book recommended hormone test and stuff but do to the timing of my symptoms and relying on the book I tried the progesterone. I'm now regular like clock work and no longer have any PMS ( the pms was bad night sweats and insomnia) I will get hormone testing in the future if the progesterone no longer works.

The BEST book that helped me fix my "symptoms"

The Hormone Survival Guide for Perimenopause: Balance Your Hormones Naturally: Nisha Jackson PhD: 9780974206707: Amazon.com: Books

This book was a life changer for me.

My period started getting wonky around age 40. I would have way longer than usual periods. I agree with the other poster - anything seems to go during this period and it can last for years. Consider seeing a naturopath or a doctor who prescribes bio-identical hormones. For me - interrupted sleeping, night sweats, hot flashes, hair loss, irritability and mild anxiety symptoms all disappeared once I was prescribed progesterone. I am even starting to feel like I am getting my memory back a bit - phew. My hair has been growing back nicely, I sleep completely through the night (haven't done that in 17 years), no more hot flashes, night sweats etc... I LOVE PROGESTERONE!!!!!!! Just sayin'

Consider reading a book by Dr. John Lee. It's the best book I read (and I read tons from the library on menopause/peri etc... trying to figure things out).

Good luck to you.

Hi ladies looks like we are in the same boat I been trhu all the same 3 weeks period and 1 week clean for a year until my doctor give me some treatment for 3 months 10 pills each month so everithing goin normal for the time but this month no more pills and start over again the same problem 2 times the same month, I hate it, I don't know wath to do. Take care ladies.

Clair,
You tickle me on some of your post! Lol
You are so to the point and matter of fact, and very balanced thinking! And you have a funny bone! I'm glad you are here!

I'm 50 but don't look it ~ thanks Cathe and my Mom & Dad! ~ and also going through peri-menopause. But so far my symptoms have been mild "touch wood!" I haven't needed to go on plant based progesterone yet. But so glad you shared that you gals, in case I need to later on. My "symptoms" have just been a mild increase in PMS. Now I will get a mild all day headache for just one day before or during my period. I used to get mildly dizzy pre-period but find doing Cathe's cardio gets rid of it completely so I rarely have a bout of it, ever. Also, my periods are still regular however they're lighter but still drag on most times to my normal 7 days. Yuck! And I may get a couple of spotting days now and then. And sometimes a shorter and slightly longer month. So it's been quite mild compared to others.

What I really believe has helped me too, among all the other powders I put in my morning green smoothie, is taking Maca powder (Navitas, 1 tsp daily) REALLY regulates my hormones and also Royal Jelly & Pollen in Honey (Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, 1 tsp, I get it from iHerb.com). Both of these are SUPER fertility boosters and hormone regulators. I say, whatever boosts your fertility MUST be great for riding the peri-menopausal wave. lol! I actually went off my Maca recently for a couple of days when on vacation and found I was suddenly getting a couple of warm waves coming on me in the evening. And I thought "Oh no you didn't!!" And back on the Maca I went and "NO it doesn't!!" anymore!! Shewf!! ... I hope this helps! ;)

I never went 5 weeks but went through a 2 week spell until I started using plant derive progesterone cream. The book recommended hormone test and stuff but do to the timing of my symptoms and relying on the book I tried the progesterone. I'm now regular like clock work and no longer have any PMS ( the pms was bad night sweats and insomnia) I will get hormone testing in the future if the progesterone no longer works.

The BEST book that helped me fix my "symptoms"

The Hormone Survival Guide for Perimenopause: Balance Your Hormones Naturally: Nisha Jackson PhD: 9780974206707: Amazon.com: Books

This book was a life changer for me.

I swear by this stuff...my husband calls it my "happy cream". My moods actually does change for the better from dark :(, my night sweats disappear, and I stop having a period every 14 to 21 days :confused: and return to somewhat normal.

I swear by this stuff...my husband calls it my "happy cream". My moods actually does change for the better from dark :(, my night sweats disappear, and I stop having a period every 14 to 21 days :confused: and return to somewhat normal.

Where do you by this cream??

In Canada you need a prescription from a doctor and then u must go to a compounding pharmacy. Not all doctors know much about bio-identical hormones. I paid to see the nurse at the office (we don't pay to see doctors in Canada) because the doctor was so booked up. I even went out of the city to get a quick appt. You need blood work done to confirm where yr hormones are at (estrogen, progesterone and testosterone - good to get iron checker too) and then u get a prescription. I take 10 Ml in the morning and 35 ml at night. I have the deepest most restful sleeps. Progesterone is amazing stuff. I don't really ever take medication. Heck, I've never even been on the pill! But I need this stuff. Good luck

Hello ladies,

I'm there with you.

Any suggestions for being tired all the time. My periods are irregular & hot flashes are mild so far.

But I just can't handle this sluggish foggy feeling. It is driving me crazy. I eat clean and do not take any meds or vitamins.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sherry

What I really believe has helped me too, among all the other powders I put in my morning green smoothie, is taking Maca powder (Navitas, 1 tsp daily) REALLY regulates my hormones and also Royal Jelly & Pollen in Honey (Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, 1 tsp, I get it from iHerb.com). Both of these are SUPER fertility boosters and hormone regulators. I say, whatever boosts your fertility MUST be great for riding the peri-menopausal wave. lol! I actually went off my Maca recently for a couple of days when on vacation and found I was suddenly getting a couple of warm waves coming on me in the evening. And I thought "Oh no you didn't!!" And back on the Maca I went and "NO it doesn't!!" anymore!! Shewf!! ... I hope this helps! ;)

That is funny, I can see this discussion in my mind's eye...

I also use Navitas Maca in the gelatinized form, and I cannot be without Manuka honey. I've never tried Royal Jelly, going to look into that...thanks!

Hello ladies,

I'm there with you.

Any suggestions for being tired all the time. My periods are irregular & hot flashes are mild so far.

But I just can't handle this sluggish foggy feeling. It is driving me crazy. I eat clean and do not take any meds or vitamins.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sherry

I dislike doctors and blood tests, and all that, but you should get an idea of where your iron (ferritin) and thyroid (T3 & T4) levels are. I would also research what Progesterone can do for you (not progestin which is synthetic) you may be low, probably are, I was deficient in this when I was in my mid 30's. Read everything you can on female hormones and regulating hormones and all about your adrenal glands. Then you'll have this great base to start with. That aside, for an energy boost, what was said above...Maca its awesome, gelatinized form.

Hey DirtDiva! Yes, definitely try out the Royal Jelly in Honey. Also, funny you should mention the gelatinized Maca as I just bought a package of the that form a couple of weeks ago and will be starting it as soon as I finish up the non-gel version. … By the way, great advice to Shericbuck! :)

I am also 53

People tell me I look younger. I was having terrible hot flashes and night sweats, and I tried the natural way, and it did not work. I am now on HRT, prempro, and it has worked miracles. I go for a mammogram every six months, and I have had no side affects.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.