Lurkers Invitation 2010

I am sooooo glad it is the weekend. It was crazy trying to get done what I needed to. It is fustrating that management thinks it was as easy as just inputting a couple of new numbers, ummmm IT'S NOT..... especially when there was a lot of changes.
Oh by the way I do financial projections, I am supervisor and I help out with other computer systems when there are problems among other things. So sometimes it can be stressfull when I have deadlines. What is really funny in May I will be going to work at another office and I am being replaced by not one but two people. Not many people know I am leaving yet, but the ones who do are really freaking right now.

Janie Work was better today but my back is so sore from sitting at my desk for so long I just did some stretching when I got home. Tomorrow I will get into my workouts. I like the picture of you. I can now put a face to the name.

Eunice Sorry I got the week for the roadtrip mixed up. One of those weeks...... tomorrow I will get some good cardio in to burn off some that the bad energy. It is good to be your friend on facebook too.

Pam Soooo glad it is the weekend. I need some 35 pounders as well. I need to get some before I start Meso 3. The heaviest I have are 25s. I also confirmed your friend request on facebook. I haven't done All Step for a while. I love the plyo legs, I think I like these workouts for legs more that doing the traditional weight work.

Sandra I found Cathe's customer service to be really good too. A couple of years ago I was ordering the calendar and somehow ( I still don't know how I did it) I ordered twice :confused:. Nancy cleared it up for me the next day. How annoying with what you are going through for your plate rack. 40 km is a long way to go because of their mistake. Hopefully you get it sorted out soon. Food and wine helps.....that's what I have done for the past two days :D Don't worry you will get back to your workouts. Enjoy the birthday party. I also accepted your friend request on facebook today too.
I'm up for something in May. Let's see what everyone would like to do. Cathe should have posted her May rotation by then.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Janie Thanks for posting the picture! You look just as nice as you sound in your posts! I bet you look great with your long hair now too!

Eunice I bet Stacy's sisters spoil her rotton too! Did I say disc 35, that must have been because I was so worn out from the workout! It was 26 and I loved it. I did disc 27 this morning and it was a tough one too but I liked it and my weights seem to be a lot more accurate in this meso. I was really having to push the last couple reps on some of those though.I also found out that my right bicep and tricep are a lot weaker than my left!

Sandra Sorry to hear about your frustrations with your barbell. That kind of stuff makes me so mad. It's just a big waste of time. Especially frustating when you were thinking you could go home and workout. :mad: I hope your party last night was a lot of fun at least :D I tried your tip for the ankle weights on my wrists today and that worked great. Thanks! I am going to order the weighted gloves before the March coupons expire but until then this will suffice. nice seeing you on facebook too!

I'm game for doing something in May. Maybe something with Insanity? That would give me an excuse to get those workouts :p

Cheryl So sorry about your tough week, but I'm glad you mad it through. It's pretty funny that they are replacing you with 2 people - they aren't paying you 2 salaries I bet though ;)

I had great workouts this morning! 40/20, then disc 27, then med ball abs. Trying to make up for that vacation! Of course my husband is cooking bacon and eggs now :rolleyes: Anyway, I need to get busy. I'm having friends over for dinner for my girlfriends birthday and am making a classic cassoulet. I made the duck confit a few weeks ago and a number of components yesterday, but still have lots to do. TTYL.

Pam

Did nothing today.:D

Eunice
, Good job on disc 27. Stretching should help on the cramping up.

Sandra, Sorry to here you are having such a hard time at your store. Hope everything turns out right for you.:)

Try to get a workout in as soon as you can. Sometimes life is that way.;)

I'm glad you are embracing 40. It's a good age to be.

Cheryl, Good luck on your next job. It seems that a lot of the times, people now a days are being replaced by two. Doesn't sound fair does it?

Pam, Awe, you are too kind about my picture. Thank you.

Good job on your workouts this morning. OOOOO, love the smell of bacon.:D

Enjoy your dinner with your friends and hubby tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Janie

Happy Sunday everyone! Pretty quiet out here, hopefully that means everyone is having a great weekend. Janie, good for you for doing nothing yesterday, sometimes we need days of doing nothing!

The dinner last night turned out so good! The cassoulet was really good and everyone took home a doggie bag :p It was certainly not a diet meal by any means though :rolleyes: We stated with bacon leek oysters. They are so so good, but with the bacon and cream in them they are pretty decadent. Then we had the cassoulet with some french bread, then a salad with grilled pears, more bacon, gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and a port vinegrette. And of course since it was a birthday we had to have cake. That was a milk and dark chocolate mousse cake. It was a very rich and decadent meal! I'm thinking tonight might have to be soup and salad :p

My workout this morning was Athletic Step and then I went on a bike ride. About 5 miles in I got a flat tire :( :rolleyes: I had a spare tube and co2 cannisters, but had no idea how to change it :eek: Luckily my husband was close by just finishing a basketball game so he came over and helped me change it. Now hopefully I'll be able to do it myself next time :confused: In the end I did about 22 miles so it was a good ride. Now I'm going to do a few errands and work on my lamp. :) I hope you are all having a great day!

Pam

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! Well yesterday I did Athletic Step then ab not equipment and jump the rope before the abs and after abs, pretty winded:eek::eek: Then I went to dropped of my Rachel to the girls scout they had sleep over at Seaworld, she still suck her thumb with a little of piece of her old blanket, she forgot her blanket:( I hope she did good and had some much fun; there not home yet, I don't know what time are they going to be getting here, tomorrow is school day. Also last night my DH and I went to the movies, we watch The book of Eli" pretty good movie, I usually go to the movie and take a nap:confused: my DH always ask me if I want to watch a movie or want to take a nap hahaha. Today is a rest day went to church have a quit lunch watching the news, and waiting for my baby, I'll probably take my daughters to the movies today they play Dear John" is a $1.00 movie that's why we can go few times if they have a good ones though.
Ok lets get to the fun.... tomorrow I'm going to star to get ready for my weekend, our money situation is not that great so I don't get pedicure or manicure that often but this week is so worthed am going to dye my hair, do my nails, pluck all my mustache :eek: LOL and just get ready...
I hope everyone is having a good time and I'll see you guys late:D

Hi Everyone,

Well I am watching the closing ceremonies for the paralympics while I am typing this. It is so sad everything is really all over now. :(

Yesterday I did disk 18 and today it was disk 17. I'm kind of sore right now, but that is good.

Pam Yeah is was not one of my better weeks thats for sure and your're right I only get one salary...:(
Wow you did have a good workout with 40/20, disk 27 and the med ball abs. I think you can have your bacon and eggs :D
The cassoulet sounds really good.....I just put on 10 pounds reading what you had LOL:D

Jaine Aren't doing nothing days wonderful. I am looking forward to my new job. I have been trying to get over there for a while.

Eunice Wow the roadtrip is getting closer. Enjoy pampering yourself.

Wow it took me a long time to type just this. Well the ceremonies are now officially over. They said that Vancouver put on the best paralympics ever. We have now set the bar, lets see how London a Sochi do.

Cheryl

Pam, OMY! The meal sounds heavenly. Yep, soup and salad sounds like a great idea for tonight. LOL;)

Great job with the step and bike ride. 22 miles seems like such a long way to me. I'm impressed as always.

Eunice, Sounds like you had a very busy day. Your workout was great. Poor Rachel not having her blanket with her.:( Sounds like a great movie. May have to watch that.

Cheryl, Great job on your workouts. You should be so proud.;)

I bet it was kinda sad to see the end of paralympics. Glad Vancouver set the bar. It will be hard to beat, I'm sure.

Hi Everybody,
I thought I would join this thread also. Been doing Cathe workouts since 2008 since I started a 4 day a week desk job. Still a part time personal trainer working in a private gym one day a week and mostly with seniors. Have to admit....I LOVE doing Cathe's workouts in my own home. She has plenty of variety and really knows her stuff. I haven't lost one ounce of strength on my "big" lifts like deadlifts, front squats etc. But given a choice, I choose Cathe. Have a good workout everybody.....today I will do Low Max or BM2 and Chest & Tris from 4DS.

:D

Cheryl How fun to have the Olympics and paralympics so close by. You really created some wonderful lifetime memories with your volunteer work at the olympics. Sounds like you are doing a good job of getting back into the swing of exercising now too.
I know what you mean about it taking a long time to type these posts, I'm always amazed at how long it takes me.

Janie We didn't end up with the soup and salad last night unfortunately. The cassoulet needed 2 pounds of pork shoulder and the smallest I could find was 6 pounds, so I put the other 4 pounds on the smoker yesterday and we had pulled pork. I did skip the bread though :rolleyes:

I have a friend who does 50-60 mile rides on his bike 2-3 times a week, so I always feel like my 20-30 rides aren't much, but they are a lot for me. Besides, I can't imagine sitting on that saddle any longer, ouch!

Eunice That's so funny about the movies - I almost NEVER can stay awake for a movie so I rarely go to the theater. I do the on demand and then watch them in chunks!

hfischler Welcome! So nice to have you join us! I love doing Cathe's workouts too. I never really liked doing weights before and put off doing STS for a year after I got it, but I am loving it! I wish I had done it sooner now. I don't have Low Max, but BM2 is one of my favorites! Looking forward to hearing from you again!

I did disc 28 this morning and was so glad I figured out those Versa Gripps! Thanks for the pointer to the video on the website Janie, that did the trick for me. I realized that I was accidentally doing 95# on my deadlifts instead of 90 and it was ok AND my forearms weren't burning :p I can't believe how long it takes me to calculate which plates I need to put on sometimes. Anyway I need to run to a meeting. Have a great Monday everyone!

Pam

Did Step Moves today. It's so nice outside I just might go and clean up the yard.

hfischler, So nice to see a new member. Welcome!

I know how it can get (not moving a lot) from a desk job.;) Also the one day a week with seniors sounds like a rewarding job. Let us know how your workout went today.

Also looking forward to more posts from you.:)

Pam, Your meal last night sounds so hmmmmmmmm goooooooood!

Your friend riding on the bike for so many miles, I bet, is in great shape.:)

So glad the versa gripps are working out for you. 95 pounds on dead lifts. Yikes! You are good.;)

Have a great meeting.

Janie

Hi Everyone,

Today it was MMA Fusion. Some of the moves were a bit hard because my back is still sore from so much sitting at my desk last week.

Janie I am trying to get back into a schedule with my workouts. I still would like to do it in the mornings but I just can't do it. 4 a.m. is just too early sometimes. It seems if I do it in the evenings I don't sluff it off, in the mornings it is really easy to reset the alarm for another hour :) Yes it was sad to see the end of the Olympics. It seemed like it took forever to get here and then it was over in a flash. The weather is getting better isn't it. It feels so good to get back outside again to do yardwork. I was out on Saturday doing that same thing.

hfischler Welcome to the lurkers thread. I also love doing Cathe workouts. It is so nice to have someone who gives a good workout that you can do in the privacy of your own home. I have a desk job also and I really need to keep moving to keep off the flab. Enjoy your workout.

Pam It was so much fun. I have thought about trying to volunteer at either London or Sochi. Something to think about. It did take me a longer than normal time to type yesterday's post. I was paying too much attention to the closing ceremonies LOL. Your pulled pork dinner sounds like it was really good too.

Cheryl

Cheryl Wow, that would be amazing to go to London or Sochi for the olympics. I say if you are in a position to be able to then you should! MMA Fusion is a tough workout. I am not too crazy about the boxing or kickbox, but I thought Fusion was pretty good and very challenging!

Janie You're right, by friend the biker is in very good shape, but too skinny. Needs to start doing some Cathe weights :D

This morning my workout was 30/30, Heavy bag bonus (with no bag :eek:) and the abs from muscle endurance. All of that in less than an hour, pretty good! I just realized that we leave for the beach with only 2 days left to finish the STS/SC rotation! I think I'm going to have to double up some workouts that week in order to finish before we go.

Eunice I see on facebook that you are hitting it hard getting ready for the roadtrip this weekend. Good for you! I can't wait to hear how it is! Have a great day everyone.

Pam

Hi everyone! Just a quick stop here to say hello, and am fine working out, cleaning my house doing laundry, kind of trying not to live a big mess for my DH this weekend, what i did is only do the sts workouts not cardio this week I think i will have enough cardio this weekend... Sorry I haven't read everyones post I'm kind of busy and crazy but I'll do it later. Right now I have to go pick up my daughter from practice, cook dinner, and finish this laundry and homework with the little ones.
Hope everyone is doing good and I'll be back later to check on you guys.. work, work, work hard...:p:p

Pam I think it would be a lot of fun to go to London or Sochi. I will have to see how things go. MMA Fusion is a tough workout. It was tougher for me because my back has been acting up and it was harder to do some of the moves. I really have to incorporate more stretching/yoga.
How was it doing the Heavy Bag bonus with no bag? I don't have a bag yet so I was curious as to how it was.

Today for me it was disk 19 Chest Shoulders and Triceps. You really feel those double wave loads. :eek:

Cheryl

Did MMA Fusion. Loved it, Loved it. With a nice long stretch.

Cheryl, I did that one today too. Loved it.

I don't blame you. There is no way I would get up for anything, let alone exercises that early. Nope.

Pam, I did the heavy bag bonus and just fell in love with it. Hope Cathe does more of those kinds of workouts.

Your workout with the bag and abs and ME, all less than an hour is fantastic. I wouldn't double up if I were you. Just spend more time on the beach and make it up that way. How fun! Enjoy!

Eunice, You are always busy. I don't know how you fit everything in with all that you have. Good job on STS.

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

Eunice I think you will definitely be getting enough cardio this weekend! Only 2 more days right? I'm so excited for you! How are those fingers and toes looking? :p

Cheryl I thought the Heavy Bag bonus was fine without a bag, it was really just like doing one of the regular KB workouts. I'm sure it would be fun with a bag, but I really don't think you need it.

Janie Good for you on doing the nice long stretch. I need to start incorporating some of Cathe's extended stretches into my routine....

Where did everyone else go? Diane, Elle, Diane06, and haven't heard from Gabriella or Kay in ages! Come back, we miss you!

Pam

Hi Thumper I can imagine when you have to let go something that is that close to your heart:( its rally sad but glad that you got to be a BIG part of it, you should enjoy and be proud of what you have done:D Now go back to business and work, work, work hard:p good job with disc 18 and 17 I don't know why but I love (tough love) been sore; I know I'm crazy that way.:eek:I will enjoy pampering myself.
Cheryl I hope your back its feeling better, MMA:Fusion my favorite I hope you love that one too.

Miss Janie how thing are going for you? Thanks.... My Rachel did good, she had fun only she was soooo tired that night when she got back home she was crying for no reason; she say that she missed "rusty" grandma's dog.
Oh the "Dear John" movie was so sad; it was crying the whole time:eek: that's so nice go out to work on your yard; I love rosas I have 3:confused: I know that's nothing but when we got this house it was plain, nothing so now looks really nice and I already have my first BIG Rosa.
Another lover of MMA:Fusion I wish there was more like this one, but who knows maybe Cathe does more. I know am always busy, but I try not to get to crazy about it because this gray hair is getting on my face and I don't like that.:confused:

hfischler welcome to this thread; we all would love to heard more from you. I love Cathe as well, since I saw her the first time on FitTv I knew she was the one:p to kick my butt LOL.

Pam How are you doing? how all those workout are doing? It looks like I've been gone for ever, I miss you all; Pam I've been good with the bread I only cheat once (yesterday) but it was whole wheat, natural peanut butter, honey and cottage cheese, I know you don't like that but its so good. Wonder-woman 20-30 miles is a lot, but your right sitting on that thing is not a good thing:p Looks like we have so much on common not only Cathe's workout lovers, but can't stay awake for a movie either, that's so funny watching them in chunks:confused:.
Your doing fantastic with your dead heavy weight 90# wow, now am the wimp:eek: So when are you going to the beach? I think I'll have to call you Miss Vacation LOL :p and yeah double them up its doable not always but when need it or when you body let you. My toes and nails are looking pretty pink today, the lady was scrubbing so hard that I got burn on my heel I was mad:mad: why I didn't say anything early? I was seating there watching how she was killing my poor heel:mad: oh well; I hope I can wear my tennis shoes this weekend, have you see Cathe's schedule for the weekend? its going to be a toughie one. "Stretch to grow" that's what one of my magazine say so definitely I will incorporate more and looonggg stretching as well.

Today I did disc 29 biceps/shoulders/triceps I couldn't believe that my card say 49# for front press, but I did it; I think if my bar weight 45# plus the weighted gloves 2# each one I think was perfect, I wonder how heavy my card its going to say for week 4:confused: biceps I have to master the 45# barbell curls, and my triceps are are getting stronger. Today that's all I did I couldn't sleep until 7am I was awake at 5:30 thinking about this weekend making sure (all on my head) I have everything I need, just excited and thinking how to hell I will make it happen, to have my daughters coming down to San Diego to meet Cathe, I don't think its going to be possible though, I'm going to be driving with a friend Shani and roommates with her as well, not much time to plan and not mucho dinero to spent either:(
Tomorow am planning on taking off maybe am going to help my babys class room.;) Maybe.
Have a nice day and happy weekend its getting closer... I know I will:p

Oh my - I just had the famous lose my entire post issue :mad: I had it almost finished and I don't know what I hit but it made me lose everything.

Errrrrr..now I'll do a shorter post. I came up with a brilliant plan to finish my rotation before we leave for the beach. I was really struggling with the fact that I was going to have only 1 disc left in meso 3 before we left. So I found myself with some time on my hands tonight and decided that I would do the cardio portion of MMA Kickbox tonight (it was scheduled for tomorrow) and then do disc 30 tomorrow. That will make my rest day Saturday instead of Sunday. Then I can start week 3 on Sunday and I'll get my last disc in the day we leave for the beach :D I might not have explained that very well, but the net is that I'll complete my rotation before we go. So Eunice, I'll be ready to start the March rotation whenever you are, just remind me what day you want to start and I'll put it on my calendar :D

I also ordered some quick release collars for my barbell and they came today. They are so cool, it's going to make a big difference on getting the weight changed on my barbell so I can't wait to use them!

Eunice I hate that they hurt your feet when you were getting your pedicure. They are supposed to be enjoyable, not painful! I hope that it doesn't interfere with your workouts this weekend.
It's so funny that you are calling me Miss Vacation. I guess I have had a mini vacation every month so far this year. Hmmmm....I think this might be a trend that is worth continuing :p

I need to go get dinner going. Have a great evening ladies!

Pam

Janie I did get up early today to do some yoga. I have been soooo stiff lately that I needed to do something. So I was planning on doing disk 19 I think that is the legs one this evening. However since the weather is getting better all the neighbours are out and it takes me an hour to get into the house. So needless to say I didn't get it done. Good for you to do a long stretch. I keep on telling myself that I need to do that more often but the work day is so long that it is hard to fit everything in.

Pam Thanks on what you thought of the Heavy Bag bonus without the bag. I will give it a try. How annoying to lose your post. I haven't done that yet but I am sure I will. The quick release collars would be handy. Sometimes I have to pause the disk because I am taking too long to change the weights.

Eunice Sorry to hear that your pedicure was not relaxing they are suppose to be. Did you complain to the manager? You shouldn't have to put up with someone that does that to you.
Wow you did 49# for the front press!!!!! You go girl. Enjoy your day off, the weekend is so close now.

Till tomorrow.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.