Lurkers Invitation 2010

I did disc 30 this morning and got to try out my quick release collars. I LOVE them! Wow, what a difference it makes to be able to change the weights so fast. I actually had some time to do some stretching between sets for a change instead of frantically trying to get my weights changed! I also ordered the weighted gloves yesterday and will be happy to get those. My fingers are all red from where they got pinched from holding one of my small plates with my dumbbells to add a couple of extra pounds :(

Eunice I can't even imagine doing 49# for those front presses. I was thinking about you this morning when I was doing my 35#! have a great day ladies!

Pam

Ok my friends.
Janie, Pam, Cheryl, Sandra... and everyone else. Wish me luck:D I'll be gone but I'll be back with lots of stuff to talk about, pictures... I really hope one day we all can meet in person maybe I'm just high:confused: but really you guys are awesome, I won't lie I won't miss you all only for this weekend, I'll make sure to say "HI" to Cathe from you all.
I'll get back until Monday:D Have fun, work hard, don't eat to much and sleep well..

Yes I know "delirium" its my name today.:confused:LOL

Take care...

Last edited:
I did disc 30 this morning and got to try out my quick release collars. I LOVE them! Wow, what a difference it makes to be able to change the weights so fast. I actually had some time to do some stretching between sets for a change instead of frantically trying to get my weights changed! I also ordered the weighted gloves yesterday and will be happy to get those. My fingers are all red from where they got pinched from holding one of my small plates with my dumbbells to add a couple of extra pounds :(

Eunice I can't even imagine doing 49# for those front presses. I was thinking about you this morning when I was doing my 35#! have a great day ladies!

Pam

I also have the quick release collars for my bar its easy and fast I also have time to stretch in between the sets, I like those things.
Pam I don't remember if you ever say if this was your first time doing STS or what, but the first time I did sts I was just like you, I think I was struggling with 38# but this is the second time and I've been doing so much better. I'm so proud of my self and you'll be soon too, I know you I've see those arms:p.
When I get back and you get back we can figure out when we can start with the new rotation ok, I don't know if Sandra wants to join us I think she wanted too, we'll see.
Take care...

It was disk 20 (legs) for me today plus I did the extended stretch. I got to get more stretching in.....

Pam I was thinking of getting the weighted gloves also. Sometimes I just want to add just 1 or 2 pounds. I guess I have a few more days to decide.

Eunice Enjoy the road trip you lucky girl. Take lots of pictures and say Hi to Cathe for us.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Cheryl

Did a hike with Joey yesterday and nothing today.

Eunice, Do enjoy the road trip and when you get back tell us all about it, and leave nothing out. I wish you luck, have the time of your life.:D

Pam, Great workout today. I'm going to have to look up quick release collars.

Cheryl, You did great on your workout and the stretch. Good for you.

Janie

Eunice I know you won't see this until you get back but I hope that the weekend is awesome awesome awesome - I know it will be! I have to tell you that last night I dreamt that I got on a plane at the last minute and went to San Diego for the road show and was looking for you everywhere. I hadn't found you by the time I woke up :( But I wouldn't have given up until I did :D

Janie Here are the quick release collars that I got:

http://www.warehousefitness.com/exer...+/product.aspx

They were worth every penny!

Cheryl Those leg discs are so hard. I always have a great feeling of accomplisment when I finish one of them.

I did CCC again today and once again it totally kicked my butt :confused: I'm not sure if this one will ever get easier! I'm looking forward to my recovery day tomorrow :D

Happy Friday ladies! Eunice we are with you in spirit!

Pam

Joey and his doctor found skin cancer on his body. He's been fighting those things for 10-15 years now. They are very aggressive with cutting them out. They use a slide to look at the diseased tissue and keep slicing until there is no more cancer in the cells. Poor guy. Anyway, his face looks like he just had an accident and went through the windshield.

I went for a fast stroll for an hour. But missed my Joey and holding hands with him.:(

Pam
, Thanks for the link. I just may get me some.;)

Good job CCC. As long as you keep pushing yourself that's what counts. Proud of ya.

Janie

Well today was my Friday off from work. So today we took one of our cats into the vet to get his teeth cleaned. Of course we have to have a vet that is about 45 minutes away, but they deal with only cats so that's why we like to go to them. The poor guy had to be knocked out (i guess I wouldn't want to clean a cat's teeth either with them awake). He doesn't know what to do, he is justing sitting staring off into space right now. He will be fine tomorrow when I need to give him his antibiotics. Oh that's going to be fun!!!! So since it was kinda of a mixed up day I didn't get my workout in. But between our cat and his teeth and mine (I had to get a crown done yesterday) it has been a very expensive two days.

Pam I agree that the legs disks are hard. The one I have the most difficulty with are the ones with the paper plate and you slide your foot forward. For some reason I really struggle with those.

Janie Sorry to hear about Joey. I hope he will be doing fine soon. I guess they need to be aggressive cutting it out so it doesn't spread. My husband just went through that around October. He had to get a really big chunk cut out of his shin. His doctor said that he had the most common kind basal cell carcinoma. Both my parents have had it too. Don't worry before you know it Joey will be walking and holding hands with you again.

Cheryl

Janie So sorry to hear about Joey's skin cancer! That is such scary stuff. We were always frying in the sun with baby oil all over us when we were young :confused: My DSD tells me I'm freakish about suncreen, I wish I had always been! One of our good friends just had a large amount of skin cancer cut off across his nose so I tell her THAT's why I'm freakish about sunscreen! I sure hope he is doing better soon! It's certainly not as much fun walking alone :(

I highly recommend those quick release collars. That is one of the best fitness purchases I have made.

Cheryl That doesn't sound like a very fun day off :confused: I just had my 2 cats at the vet for their yearly visits and they said one of them needs to come back to have his teeth cleaned too :( At least our vet is only a couple of miles away though. I found the closest one I could because my car freaks out in the car and in strange places. He gets so scared he starts hyper-ventilating! I could never take the stress of a 45 minute drive with him! Don't you feel sorry for the little guys though because they just don't understand what we are doing to them. Luckily mine are shallow, as soon as the treats come out all is forgiven! :p Good luck with the antibiotics today, what fun! ;)

I hear ya on those paper plate sit and slides! I think the slide back lunges are really tough too!

Today is my workout day off and my husband is in Myrtle Beach for the weekend playing golf, so I'm going furniture shopping :D We are an hour and a half from the furniture mecca of High Point here in NC, so it's always an adventure. There are a couple of furniture stores that are the size of a football field and 3 stories high. It should be a fun day! Have a great Satuday. Eunice I know you are having fun with Cathe!

Pam

Speed walked yesterday and today.

Cheryl, I don't envy you giving a cat antibiotics. I know how that goes. Jeesh! Good luck, but glad you did that for him.

Pam, I did the same thing with baby oil on my skin too, trying to get a suntan. Jeesh!

I'm going to order those collars.;) Thanks for the info. Enjoy furniture shopping, it sounds wonderful!

Janie

Quiet weekend around here! Furniture shopping was fun, but of corse I came home with a long list of things I 'might' want. Last night we went out for dinner and then to a Wilco concert. We was our best friends and me since DH decided to go to the beach to play golf for the weekend. The show was a lot of fun though.

This morning I did disc 31 and the cardio portion of 4DS HIS. I felt soooo good doing my workouts this morning, I think that day off yesterday really helped. I felt really strong and had lots of energy :D I hope I feel the same way for 40/20 tomorrow! I just can't believe it's Sunday night again already :( the weekends go by so fast! I hope everyone had a good one, I'm sure you did Eunice!!!

Pam

OK, now it looks like I'm talking to myself! :confused: I had a terrible sleep last night because we had a big thunderstorm that shook the windows. My DH slept right through it though!

This morning was 40/20 and pilates based abs. They were tough but good. My high step and weighted gloves arrived this weekend so I got to do the butt kicks and the straddle ups (or whatever she calls them) with 4 risers for the first time :p Have you noticed how slow the rests go when you are doing the STS discs and how fast they go with 40/20?!

Eunice Welcome back, the pictures are awesome! I especially love the one where you and Cathe are wearing your matching Cathlete shirts and posing at the front of the group! You look fantastic and I'm glad to see that you had such a great time.

Happy Monday!
Pam

Joey wanted home made bread. So, I've made 4 sourdough breads and baking them today.

Pam, Oh, I bet the furniture store had a lot of wishes for you. LOL Glad you enjoyed the show and friends. Do you golf at all?

Great job on your workouts. Those are not easy workout, but you did it! Yes, the weekends goes by way to fast.:(

Aw, so sorry about your insomnia. I have that to, but not because of thunderstorms, and it's not fun either way. How can your husband sleep through a storm that shudder's the windows? :confused:

Did you catch up on your sleep?

Janie

Last edited:
Awwww Pam you are so sweet! I feel like I know you from ever:D I really, really wish you guys were there its worth every single penny, that's its so cute, I'm so proud that I call my daughters to come and see what you just say to me:D

Janie&Joey I'm so sorry to heard about your husband:( that is so sad I hope he get better soon. And You and Him have so many walks together soon, I know its not fun when your missing your better half.
BTW Janie I think you should join Facebook, Cathe its more active there plus you'll get to see all the pictures from everyone..... and mine I post tons of pictures;)

Thumper what a day you did have, teeth, teeth..JK :confused: I hope everything goes well. I believe that you had two very expensive days that weekend that's why I don't have any pets I can't afford them. I guess that's just fine I have 4 kitties (my girls) and that's expensive enough.

Pam OMG you was all by your self this weekend you could come over to San Diego... I saw on Cathe.com that it was so much fun, good feedbacks that Cathe say there will be back next year... I'm crying already I won't be here:confused: but you should try.
I bet furniture shopping was fun, what did you pick?
You are not going to believe this but Thursday night we had a wind storm right before the big day:confused: I couldn't sleep and my husband was snoring I don't care about the snoring I hate that he can sleep through it:mad:

That picture is one of my favorites ones... I can't believe that now its over. Ok let me tell you all about it. Friday morning I drove to Moreno Valley to meet with Shani. She picked my up and together went down to San Diego we got along pretty well we were partners the whole weekend, Friday we had the first step class it was a mix of 4DS and athletic step good, the first class everyone was so high-per we all did good. after that we had dinner at the terrace it was cold after that we got to stretch we needed that one so bad.

Saturday we got up at 5:45 the breakfast was at 6:30 by 9:30 we were done with the first class, mix of step and kickbox, I went up on stage to workout with her and some others, I was brave this time... the first RT I was shy and I did not know what to say or what to do but this time it felt like I knew her, Cathe was pretty friendly..:D
Before lunch we had lower body Ply, squats, lunges, we used paper plates:confused: OMG my legs still sore from all that work we did. At lunch time I was exhausted my eyes were closing, but I was "no way that's why you came for" so lets do it''' after a break we did upper body conditioning my triceps were giving up I was giggling that never happen to me with only 5# bell. I know crazy later we had 2 hours break to get ready for dinner, a lot of the girls just went to eat dinner, took the group picture and go back to there room. I took lots, lots of pictures:D:D
Sunday morning we had boot camp at the beach, working out at the beach meke a big difference and so hard, but it was good we took more group pictures, Cathe pay all of her attention to all of us, she say "I'm yours this weekend, don't be shy, you guys don't bother me if you want pictures, signatures.... ask" She is a doll, how can someone not fall in love with her? The girls on my table were... "OMG she is so cute, adorable, tiny, beautiful, and so sweet"
Next RT its going to be in New Jersey and after that she didn't say where there going or any dates... Cathe say that there might be a Butts & Gutts #2.. but no dates or anything yet... I bought the step there the new kind, the one that hold 350# for only $50 dollars, I got the vest I think it was the only one it was $59 but I asked Chris for discount and I got 10% off, OMG I got a new workout outfit like one that Cathe uses on the dvd's with the purple stripes and a black top. sooooo expensive but I couldn't helped, I thought that my DH was going to be so mad because I told him I was gone to get ether one, step or outfit... and I come home with both:p hi saw me so happy hi couldn't say nothing:p:confused:

Today I sleep until late kind of, I got up till 8:30 am so sore my legs, my core, my whole body is sore specially my inner thigh so no workout until tomorrow I will start with sts 3rd week of meso 3 , I will take it easy... one at the time am still tired its 3:15 and I'm still on my pajamas hahaha.

I hope everyone its having a good Monday I am. My girls are home now they have Spring break, I'm kind of glad because I did not have to get up early but they around the house screaming, but there happy, they say that they missed me.:eek: shhh don't tell on me... I didn't hahaha.

Hi everyone,

Today it was 30/30.

Pam No it wasn't a fun day off. Our vet is kinda far away but we like them because they treat the cats so well. We have three cats and all of them get freaked out by the car. The one thing I hate about getting their teeth cleaned is that they need to be put under to do it. Good luck with getting your cats teeth cleaned. Hopefully you won't need to give yours antibiotics. That's the really hard part :) I do feel sorry for them, I wish I could tell they why they are going to the vet but you are right the treats make them forget everything. Wow furniture stores as big as a football field and three stories high.....:confused: It must take forever to go through them.
We had bad weather last night too. I woke up with it raining soooo hard that I just wanted to pull the sheets up over my head and not go to work.

Janie, How is Joey doing after his operation? I love sourdough bread, I wish I had time to bake some.

EuniceI did have a very expensive couple of days. I hope that there is nothing else for a while to save up again. Pets can be expensive and we have three cats. I save money for them each month so things like teeth :)
It sounds like you had a really good time at the roadtrip. Your pictures were really good and the picture of both you and Cathe in the same Tshirt was great. Enjoy your day off it sounds like you really deserve it.

Cheryl

Hi ladies, I need to get ready for work so it'll be a quick post and I'll come back later. Eunice What a fantastic weekend you had, I really think I need to go on one of the roadtrips! I can't believe that you got such a good deal on the step, and how sweet of your husband not to be upset when he saw how happy it made you! My husband was laughing at me when I got my quick release collars because I was so excited about them I had to take them upstairs and show him. It's the little things, huh?
Janie Homemade sourdough bread, yum!!! Your Joey is a very lucky man! Or as my husband and I like to say you are lucky to have each other :D
Cheryl I haven't scheduled my cat's teeth cleaning yet but I need to do that. Why did you have to give your cat the antibiotics? That isn't normal for teeth cleaning is it? One of my cat's has eye problems and gets pink eye all the time so I have to put drops in them. He just hates it, but once I catch him he's pretty good about it!

This morning I did plyo legs disc 32.I am really loving these plyo leg workouts! And no plates in this disc!!! Woo Hoo! She did throw in these evil 1-legged squat thrusts though. Holy cow! I can't believe there are only 4 more STS discs left! I'm already thinking about when I will do it again. Have a great day, TTYL

Pam

Last edited:
Our modem died and we've been without a computer for a couple of days. I was about to tell Pam that she wasn't talking to herself, that I am here, but that's the time the modem decided to die.

Sounds like everyone it doing well with their exercises.

Eunice, you must have had such a wonderful time at the road trip. Envy, envy on my part. So glad you enjoyed it.

Janie

Today was STS Disk 22. This is my last week for Meso 2.

Pam We had to give our guy antibiotics because he had some gingivitis and some bleeding gums during the cleaning. We had to do this the last time he had his teeth cleaned as well. I think it depends on each situation whether or not they need the antibiotics. Hopefully your cat won't need them. We only have one more day to do it and then he is free and clear. :D
Aren't the plyo legs great. I love doing them too.

Janie Don't you feel lost without a computer. Between work and home it seems like everything we do involves a computer.

Cheryl

Janie That is rough being without your modem. It's so hard to be disconnected these days, isn't it?! Although sometimes it can be a nice break too :) I'm glad I wasn't talking to myself though!

Cheryl Glad to hear you are almost done with the meds for your cat. I know you will both be happy when it's over! I am really enjoying meso 3, have you done sts before, or is this your first time?

Eunice It looks like Cathe was all alone in San Diego, weren't any of her crew there with her?

This morning my workout was MMA Fusion and the Heavy bag bonus. It didn't feel as hard today, probably because I just did 40/20 on Monday! My spring allergies are making my head feel like it's going to float off my body though :confused: UGH. Have a great day ladies!

Pam

Cheryl, I really did feel lost without our computer. It was like having my hands tied behind my back. LOL Awful feeling. One more week of Meso 2? Congratulations! Well done. You are going to be in awe with the results when you are done with Meso 3.;)

Pam
, I don't think you would ever be alone here, even if you tried. LOL

Good job on your workouts. Oh dear, allergies are such a bummer. Can you take anything for it to help relive the symptoms? Poor thing. Shoot.

I couldn't believe the void of not connecting with people. I got a lot of housework and sewing done though.:rolleyes:

We decided to start working out with weights and cardio after my birthday tomorrow and after Friday, since Joey will be getting his stitches out then. A couple of my sisters are coming over from East of the mountains to feed Joey and I at our favorite restaurant tomorrow. Then come here to enjoy each other, most likely watch a movie. Friday, Joey gets his stitches out and Saturday would be a good time to start with a full body workout. Most likely The Firm Vol. 1, Susan Harris. We love her still.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.