Lurkers Invitation 2010

Janie Oh I always like getting rid of clothes I don't wear anymore, I try to do it at least once a year. My mother and my sisters like it when I do it because they come over and go through my discards and take what they want before I take the rest to the local church. Of course now it's gotten to the point that when I am wearing something they like they have started asking if I'll be giving it up soon! :rolleyes: Good job on the firm, I just love Susan Harris!
My legs definitely have an ouch factor! I was supposed to do HSC today, but no way was I doing more sit and stands, so I swapped today's and tomorrow's workouts. I think Imax was pretty hard on the legs too though :confused:

Cheryl So Sorry to hear about your back. Wow, have you had issues with it before? It sounds like it is really bad, I hope the mattress flip is helping! I had something happen with my shoulder. When I went to bed last night I couldn't even lay on my right side because it hurt and today I can't lift it over my head :confused: I didn't work upper body yesterday so the only thing I can figure is that I did something while hoisting the barbell over my head during LL yesterday. You would think I would've noticed it at the time though!
My Pampered Chef stuff arrived last night :D I already have one of the bowls filled with cut up veggies that I will be roasting for dinner tonight! Now I just have to go through my other bowls and make room for them in my cupboards. Another neighbor had a Willow House party last weekend (used to be Southern Living at home) so of course I had to place an order with her also. Now I have a beautiful covered casserole and 2 decorative plates to look forward to in a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

As I said, I did Imax this morning and will do HST tomorrow. Also have to start looking for the next rotation. Imax was really hard for me today, not sure why as I feel like I just had a big break with the vacation :confused: Oh well, I'll be happy for the rest day on Sunday. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Walked Rolly and did Supersets yesterday. Today will walk Rolly and do Dove's 3rd workout. Should be challenging.

Cheryl, I'm so sorry you are having problems with your back. (((((hugs to you))))). Hang in there.

Pam, I took down 6 large plastic bags of clothes to the 2nd hand store. They were very grateful.:) Joey and I compromised between each other. He likes The Firm and I like Cathe, so we take equal turns to pick out our workouts. If there is something else I want to do, it is on my own. It's a good compromise.:) Great job on IMAX. Not an easy workout by any means.

Have a wonderful and happy weekend,

Janie

Pam I have had back issues for over 8 years now. It started when we were moving into the place we are in now. DH has back problems so I was doing the heavy lifting and where I was working didn't want to give me any time off to move :mad: Eventually I could get two days off to move but trying to fit everything in and being extremely stressed at work caused my back to just give out on me one day. I was glad I was at home when it happened. I couldn't hardly stand up because I had no strength in my back. I went to the hospital to get some drugs because it was the weekend and my dr. wasn't open. However I had to have an ambulance come and get me because I couldn't get off the floor where I had been laying. Oh it was such fun.....
Anyway my back has given my pain on and off for the past 8 years. This is the first time since then that I have been in a lot of pain and couldn't go to work. Same thing with my back as with your shoulder. I have no idea what I did either. You would think that we would feel something when it happened :confused: I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Aren't those bowls great. And you got a covered casserole and 2 decorative plates at another party. They don't have Willow House parties here, I guess that is just down in your area.

Janie My back is slowly getting better. It is fustrating not being able to do too much. How has Rolly been doing with doing his business? Hopefully you have fixed it but we also haven't had too much rain in the last several days either. It has actually been quite nice. Nice that you and Joey have a system for your workouts.

Well the last several days I have been doing a lot of yoga and stretching. It seems to be helping my back. Hopefully I will be back doing regular workouts next week. We will see......

Have a great Saturday Sunday everyone.

Cheryl

Janie I hope you and Rolly had a great walk and thatyou enjoyed Dove's 3rd workout. I bet the second hand store was thrilled to get all of those clothes! And I bet you feel great gettind rid of all of that stuff as well! nice job!
It sounds like Rolly is still behaving himself, glad to hear it
BTW, how are things going with your eBay sales, have you started that yet?
It sounds like you and joey have a good system with the workouts, that is really nice!

Cheryl Wow, your back issue sounds terrible! I hope that your employers felt terrible for not giving you time off to move when you ended up having to go to the hospital in an ambulance :mad: I have had very very minor back pain, I just can't imagine anything like that. We had some friends over last night and he was describing issues he was having with his back where he couldn't even get out of bed. OUCH! It is really annoying not knowing what caused it, isn't it?!
I am loving my new bowls, I have used them several times already! Willow House used to be called Southern Living at Home but they were bought out by Willow House. I know they are in the Northeast now as well as my SIL is a consultant for them. They have some really nice stuff, but it is pretty pricey.

The shoulder is still really bothering me. I have to get up last night and get a pillow to rest my arm on because I couldn't sleep without it. So I decided to take today as a rest day. It is doing some better, but I still can't undress myself :confused: It seems to be a little better today than it was yesterday so I'm hoping to get a workout in tomorrow. Needless to say I will not be doing any shoulder work and probably no upper body.
I hope everyone had a great Saturday!

Pam

Hi ladies. The good news this morning is that my shoulder is feeling a LOT better. It's not 100% yet, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be today given how it was feeling :D I'm still going to lay off upper body work for at least a few more days, but I don't think I tore anything. This morning I did BM2 cardio blast pre-mix, then did the 4 leg drills and then did the ab work. I was even able to do the side planks and they didn't bother my shoulder at all so I was very happy. Now I have to go research what the next rotation will be. I saw an old one that is all pre-mixes that looked interesting. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Pam

This is a rest day for me. Rolly and I go out walking for an hour or so (Today was 30 min.) and that's it.

Cheryl, The story of your back is so sad.:( What kind of damage did your back take?

I'm just now giving Rolly a couple of hours freedom during the day, right after he poos and pees. Poor little guy, he has this freedom to go chase the kitties, but he is so used to being with me he' prefers to stay with me. I don't know. Poor little guy. We'll get there again, I hope. It was impossible for him to have an accident with a leash on at all times. Everyday I'll give him longer freedom, (on his own and unleashed) until he can prove to me that he won't go in the house.

Pam, I did enjoy Dove's workout. Wow, talk about sweaty. I even used the modification that was available. Sooooooo much better than Jeri Love! This was an awesome endurance workout.

I can breath easier it seems getting rid of stuff that is not being used anymore. So glad I did it! I even gave up all my VHS tapes to my daughter. It was just too hard to use anymore and she still has a VHS setup. I had about 100 of tapes. Some of them were Cathe's, The Firm, Kathe Smith, Voight, yoga... All were put on DVD's by my Joey, so am still able to workout with them, but, It's like saying good by to old friends. I used them for soooooooo many years. I kept them in a beautiful pine box. Don't know what I'm going to use the box for now. I'll think of something.

Joey and I are still organizing all that stuff. Most of the stuff, Joey loves, but he must know that we need to sell it sooner or later. Should be ready pretty soon to sell.

I'm so sorry about your shoulder still bothering you. Sometimes injuries take so long to heal.:( I'm also glad it's getting better and you are listening to your body. Give it time.;) Great job on BM2 cardio blast premix, the leg drills and ab work. Awesome work! It's always nice finding another rotation to do. By the way Congratulations finishing your last one! (((((hugs))))).

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and enjoying friends and family.

Janie

Last edited:
Pam At the time my manager didn't care and didn't feel bad about it or if she did she didn't show it. It is a time that I am trying to move on from but everytime my back is bothering me it brings the resentment back. My husband also has back pain so bad that he either can't get out of bed or he will colapse to the floor. I need to get his really strong pain killers for him and then in about 10 minutes he can at least get off the floor. Any type of back pain is not fun even if it is minor. It is amazing how much you can't do when your back hurts. If your shoulder is still bothering you it would be good to take a few days off and see how it feels. It is good that it is feeling better today though. Shoulders are another body part that can cause a lot of grief.

Janie When I went to the hospital I only got some drugs to help me through the pain. I actually never went to my doctor to get checked out (I know not the smartest thing to do). I guess I never went because my DH has had back problems as long as I have known him and when he went to the doctor they would only tell him that he had back problems and to just deal with it. For me it really feels as if the muscles are really tight. I have been doing yoga and stretching since Thrusday and my back does feel a lot better. It is one of those things that I need to keep up.
It sounds like things are improving with Rolly. Hopefully he will have the run of the house again soon. Isn't it nice getting rid of things. We do this every once in a while too. Today we had some old electronics that we took to a recycling place since they didn't really work anymore. Wow you did have a lot of tapes. Nice to know that your daughter can use them now.

Well today was yoga again and wow does my back ever feel a lot better. I know this is something that I have to make part of my day and not just something that I do once in a while. A friend of mine was over and she said that our Lululemon store by us has yoga classes on Sunday mornings. I went to check it out and they are free too. I will see if she wants to go this Sunday. That would be different than doing tape all the time.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Cheryl

Janie I hope you enjoyed your rest day and that you and Rolly got a nice walk in. It sounds like you are making great progress with avoidance of accidents and it sounds like you are well on your way to him regaining his freedom!

Was Joey able to copy your Firm workouts to DVD? I copied all of my Cathe and Mindy and others, but the Firm one's wouldn't work for me. They have some kind of blocking built in to keep you from copying them, so if Joey has a trick for getting around that I would love to hear it! My VHS's are in the attic and I just don't do any of my Firm workouts anymore because I don't have a VHS player in my workout room.
My shoulder continues to make great progress recovering. I would say that it feels very close to 100% today, but I am definitely going to let it rest a little longer. I don't want to jump the gun and hurt it again.

Cheryl I can imagine it would be hard to get past something ,ike that, especially given that you will be living with the pain for the rest of your life. :mad: I hope I never get to experience any of that intense back pain. It sounds just terrible. I was amazed at how many things I couldn't do while my shoulder was hurting me. Just little things that you take for granted. It's crazy. I'm like you as far as going to the Doctor though. it seems like every time I break down and go I get told that I just have to wait it out, no matter what it is. My BIL is a Doctor, so I figured if my shoulder was still bothering me this week that I would call him and ask if there is anything that they can/would do or if it is just one of those things that you need to wait for. Luckily it is so much better that I don't need to worry about that.
It sounds like you are just doing a great job with your stretching and yoga. Good job! I'm glad your back is feeling so much better.

I never got around to finding a new rotation, so I picked Imax 3 this morning as I'm feeling like I need some good intense cardio. It did the trick for me! I guess we will see what tomorrow brings :) Have a great Monday everyone!

Pam

Pam It is amazing what we take for granted that we can just do expect when you have back or shoulder pain. That is handy having a doctor in the family. We have several paramedics and a nurse in our family so if something ever happens at a family gathering....we're covered. Glad to hear that your shoulder is better. With doing all of the yoga and stretching I have really noticed a difference in my flexibility. It is an incentive to keep it up. I noticed that Cathe hasn't posted a new rotation yet. She must be pretty busy right now. Did you see the clips of the new workouts? They look pretty good.

Janie You were asking a while ago if we should change our name from Lurkers Invitation. Since it seems it is only the three of us here how about the "Three Amigos" :D Everyone else seems to have gone back into lurking.

Today I did yoga and Step Moves.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Cheryl

Today I tried to walk Rolly, but the 3 neighbor dogs got in the way and scared us back home. Shoooooot. Been fighting this for years (very long story), but can't do anything about it. Every now and then this will come up and there is nothing I can do about it. Not even the police can do anything about it. There is no leash law where I live.

Rolly was off the leash most of the day, and I've been really watching him. So far so good. He sticks very close to me wherever I go.

Pam, Yes Joey got all my VHS's on DVD's. I have way over 400 now. I know, I'm insane.:confused: Joey was able to copy "The Firms" because we had an older VCR, that was the trick for us. The newer VCR's blocked the copying process somehow. I think you can still find old VCR's in 2nd hand stores very cheap. Give that a try.

So glad your shoulder is doing better. Yeah! Great job on IMAX 3. Whew, a tough one, well they all are tough.:rolleyes:

What do you think of Cheryl's idea?

Cheryl, I love the idea to change our group name, but was wondering if we should first invite more people to our little group and give lurkers out there another chance to join us. What do you think?

Or, we three can change our name at anytime and move forward out of Lurkisim. We seem to click and inspire each other to work on our health. There's nothing like good cyberspace friends as you, just for that very important reason.

I would like to continue having a "Lurkers Group" though, just in case there are other shy people out there. Does that make since?

Great job on yoga and SM. So very proud of you.

Have a good rest of the evening everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Cheryl The really nice thing about having a Dr in the family - we were all on vacation one year at the Outer Banks and I forgot to bring my Valtrex so he called in a Rx for me and I was able to go pick it up. I probably could've called my regular Dr and gotten one as well, but it was so much easier this way!
My flexibility is terrible so I really should be doing the yoga and stretching as well. It is just something that I have a really hard time getting motivated for.
I did check out the clips for the new workouts yesterday. I was watching the intensity one and thinking it didn't look too bad, then it got near the end of the clip and it obviously kicks up in intensity! I am looking forward to getting these and I'm sure there will be a rotation that includes them as well.
I like the Three Amigos, but I don't want to discourage others from joining, or some of our old friends to come back. I am going to encourage Eunice and Shani on FB to come back and join us again.
Your back must be feeling quite a bit better if you did Step Moves, how did it feel?

Janie Oh those neighbor dogs sound like a real problem. Sorry to hear that they kept you from enjoying your walk. What a shame that you can't do anything about it, and that the owners don't seem to want to. Sorry about that :(
Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can find an older VCR for my old Firms. There are really only a couple of them that I care about, although I must admit that I haven't noticed since I started using only DVDs.
I like Cheryl's idea, but as I said, I don't want to discourage other people to join us. It sounds like a good idea to invite more people to join. I think that a lot of people see these checkins that have been going on for awhile and think they are exclusive and really don't know how to get involved.

I pulled out an Insanity workout this morning, thanks to Eunice posting on FB that she had done one yesterday. I did Plyometric cardio circuit. I just can't get through all those ski hops and in-outs on the floor because my tri ceps can't hold me up that long :confused: I tried going down on my elbows to do it, but it was almost impossible to do the moves that way. After that I did Core Max 1. Great workout! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! Janie, I hope those scary dogs stay away and you are able to get a nice walk in today!

Pam

Hi Amigos! Happy Wednesday! I cant believe it is already Wednesday, this week is flying by! I did another insanity workout this morning - cardio power and resistance. I'm not sure how many more insanity workouts I'll be doing since I already had to talk myself into it on the 2nd day! I hope you have a great day!

Pam

Did TBS with heavy weight, abs from ab hits and Cathe stability ball stretches today and walked Rolly for about 30 min. Beautiful outside!

Pam, We have a doc in the family too, our son Dan. It is convenient with them around.;) I can't wait to get the new DVD's. :eek: Great job on Insanity workouts and Core Max

Cheryl, Hope you are OK about things. Wouldn't want to loose you for sure, you are full of inspiration and knowledge and just wouldn't be the same without you. Looking forward to hearing about what exercises you've been doing. Be well.

Have a really nice and beautiful day.

Janie

Janie That is not nice about the dogs around your area. It really doesn't make you feel safe because you don't know what they are going to do. I don't understand people that have dogs or cats and won't look after them and then they cause people around them a lot of stress. Glad that Rolly is doing better. The name just came to me when I was finishing off my last post. I was thinking that it has just been the three of us for a while. I don't want to isolate anybody either and I have no problem with inviting more people to join us. Maybe with more people and more ideas we could come up with a good name for the group. I don't mind continuing with the Lurkers Group either. I was so excited that I actually came up with a name I just had to share :D Normally I just have tumbleweeds blowing between the ears whenever someone asks me to think up a name :rolleyes:

Pam That was nice that your BIL could write up a Rx for you. It is handy having professionals in the family. My flexibility is getting better but I still have a ways to go. I am going with a friend of mine to one of our Lululemon stores at the mall on Sunday morning to do some Hatha Yoga. They also offer it for free so that is a bonus for us. I think the Intensity workout will really kick our butts. It would be great if you could get Eunice and Shani back here. I don't get on Facebook too often. My back is feeling a lot better. I did pretty good on Step Moves. I didn't do all of the high impact because I was still testing my back out but it didn't hurt after I was finished.

Yesterday I did Push Pull. Today it was one of those days and I didn't do anything. We have a dumpster being left in our complex for a couple of days so we can throw furniture and junk away. So instead of working out we were getting things ready to take there tomorrow. It fills up really fast so you can't wait if you want to get rid of stuff. So it looks like tomorrow is already a write off with my workout, since we will be taking stuff to the dumpster. I really hate evening workouts because so much other stuff can get in the way. Right now I work 8.5 hours each day and then I get every second Friday off. I am thinking that I don't want to do this anymore and I just want to go back to working a regular 7.5 hours. It seems my day is so long that I have a problem tying to fit things in and I do want to go back to working out in the morning. Since I have so much vacation time I can just take the occasional Friday off if I need it. I will try it out for a while and see how it goes.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Cheryl

Janie I guess it must have beenJoey's day to pick your workout ifyou did TBS again ;) I'm glad you got a nice day and that you and Rolly were able to get outside. It has really cooled off here. It's still in the 70's during the day but has been in the 40's at night. BRRR!
Your son is a Dr, that is impressive! You must be really proud of him!

Chery Your comment about it being just the three of us made me laugh. Our good friends and I are always singing that it's just the three of us (to the tune of that song that says just the two of us) because my DH is often out of town when we have things planned so it ends up being 3 of us instead of 4 of us. Like this weekend I'll be visiting them at the beach while DH flies to Germany. I know what you mean about being excited about coming up with a name, I am so bad at stuff like that!

How nice that you get to do a free yoga class! That should be great for your back. I did encourage both Eunice and Shani to come back Eunice says that she will once they get their stuff - they are still waiting! Right now their only computer is her husband's laptop and he takes it to work with him, so she has been going to the neighbors and borrowing their computer. Shani said she has just been too busy, but maybe we will see her back one day.

That is great that they are bringing a dumpster to your neighborhood, how often do they do that? I wish they would do that at my mother's cottage :rolleyes: I'll be taking her up there in November to get things cleaned out and that will be quite a job. Their trash people take anything you leave out though, so that is helpful. I think that sounds smart to go back to 7.5 hour days. It's nice to have those Friday's off but it seems like it gets harder and harder to fit everything in during the week. And you are lucky to have all that vacation time so you can still take the occasional Friday too.

After 2 days of insanity I needed a Cathe fix this morning. I did Step moves and then the ab work from Muscle Endurance. I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Pam

Request to Join in on your fun!

At Pam's invitation (and I guess at the title of this thread too), I am accepting your offer to join in your group if you will have me.

I am pretty shy so this is quite the attempt to come out of my shell here! :eek:

I also don't know what is expected of being in a check-in group. I can probably post most weekdays but weekends would be iffy since I sometimes get busy (or lazy) and don't get on the computer at all. During the week, I can post from work most of the time if I am not too busy.

I guess I will start off by telling everyone a little about myself. I have been married to Jason for 10 1/2 years. We have two wonderful dogs (seen in my avatar) that we treat more like kids than pets. Oscar is the brown dog and he is a 10 1/2 year old boxer. Maggie is a 7 (?) year old black lab/pit mix. We got Oscar as a puppy from a breeder but rescued Maggie from a shelter 2 years ago.

My fitness background is not that great. During my teens it was non-existent. In my 20s it was iffy. I pretty much looked at working out as a means to an ends. When I wanted to lose weight, I worked out; otherwise, no thank you. Starting at the beginning of this year (just before turning the big 3-0), I began working out for health reasons as a primary goal and losing weight secondary. Now that I have been consistently working out for 10 months, I just don't know what took me so long to see that working out is essential to feeling good not just looking good. I began working out just on my own doing whatever I could think of (jumping jacks, running in place, etc.). Then I started doing DVDs by Jillian Michaels. After a few months of doing the same DVDs, I got bored and saw Basic Step by Cathe on Amazon. I bought a used copy for $5 and have been hooked ever since (probably since April). In fact, I had to shamefully admit to my husband that our credit card bill was a little bigger than normal lately because of my new found addiction to Cathe. Luckily my husband is pretty supportive of my addiction. :D Hopefully he will continue to be supportive when I give myself a Christmas present of STS and the tower! :eek:

Well that's my story. I look forward to making friends here and getting more great tips from people who are much more knowledgeable than I am.

Thanks for letting me join in!

LURKERS, Go To "Lurkers Invitation For The Holidays"

LURKERS: Go to: "Lurkers Invitation For The Holidays" we are happily waiting for you to join us!

I'm thinking of doing a step up later, but we'll see. Today walked Rolly for 45 min. He's catching on really well about going potty outside and not in the house. Just had to give him more time is all. He's so attached to me literally, that even when he has freedom off the leash, he sticks around a lot.

So far it's been 3 months using the Retin A. During 2 months my skin was so very sensitive but now it is subsiding a little and getting better. I see the bags under my eyes are less, skin is firmer and smoother. It is working, very slowly. In a years time I should look 10 years younger. (At least that's what the reports say) I'll keep going, I like the sound of that. My skin literally shines without any moisturizer on. I do make my own moisturizer because what's available in the stores have too many chemicals in them.

Cheryl, Great job on Push and Pull. I love rest days where you can do what you want. Sounds like gathering things for the dumpster was a lot of work. Good for you! I agree, sometimes longer days at work just doesn't workout the way you plan them. When I was working it was just a thought of working like that, for me, I liked 8-4 and did exercises when I got home and a lot on the weekends. Of course I jogged/ran during the lunch hour. They even had showers, so it was good. I ate my lunch at my desk during their time.

I think your attempt on a name was great! Once we get more people with us, I believe there will be an opportunity to do just that. It will be fun to figure out a name for us.:D I'm the same way with tumbleweeds. LOL:eek:

Pam, LOL! Yes, it was Joey's turn to pick the workout. How did you guess?LOL:eek: Dan is an Emergency Doctor and we are so very proud of him. But then again we are very proud of the others too. One is a Pharmacist another Environmental Engineer, Bank supervisor, and another in Advertisement. Couldn't be more proud of them. Great job on Step Moves and ab work.

I do miss the gang very much, they brought in laughter, suggestions, and lots of inspiration. I do hope they come back.

I'll extend an invitation today for more Lurkers and see what happens. I may extend it again on Monday if we need more people.

I'm also going to revise a new title and call it "Lurkers Invitation For The Holidays", so look for that and just let this one die out. This way it will start out as one page again and maybe it won't intimidate people so much. Feel free to post to it ASAP so this one can go further down the page. I think I better put up on the top of this page a notice to go to "Lurkers Invitation For The Holidays" or even in the Title so they know which one is active.

Sure hope it works!

Janie

Last edited:
jldx2in2000 Welcome! We would love to have you join us. It looks like Janie must've missed your post as I see she is going to get us started on a new thread so I guess we will have to be moving over there. We were all shy lurkers at one point but have become friends and this is a very supportive group. There are really no expectations - you post when you can and don't post when you can't. Some of us try to post every day and others tend to pop in once in awhile. The main thing is that we really help to keep each other motivated and inspired with our workouts.

I have a special place in my heart for Boxers and I hope to have another one again some day when our schedules are more dog friendly. My DH had one that he had gotten as a puppy and he was just the sweetest thing. I've really started to love pugs lately too though as some friends have one that I have fallen in love with. There must be something about those smushed faces because I have 2 persian cats now :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree with you more about working out being essential to feeling good. I sometimes worry that I have a problem because I start getting really anxious if I miss more than a couple of days in a row. Welcome to the world of Cathe, she is amazing, isn't she? You weren't kidding when you said you've developed a bit of a habit - I looked at the list of Cathe dvds that you own! You have built up quite the collection in only 10 months, wow :p I love STS and am thinking I am going to be needing the tower sometime soon too!

Janie Looks like we should start posting in the other thread now? I'll go over there and write something soon. I did put on invitation inside one of the threads on the Open Discussion because there was a comment about not knowing how to join a checkin or even if you could join a check in already in progress. As you can see, jldx2in2000 decided to join us! :D I like the holiday theme - a very important time to stay motivated!

I'm glad to hear Rolly is doing so well. Hopefully the little set back was just one small glitch and that is all behind you. It's cute that he feels so attached to you.
It sounds like the Retin A is really doing it's job for you. You definitely need to keep us posted - we may all need to go get some! Wow, you make your own moisturizer too - you are truly amazing!

Are you guys going to be continuing with STS or was this just a meso 1 rotation? I'm starting to think it might be time for another STS rotation myself. Maybe your STS/Insanity rotation......Your children are all so successful, you must be extremely proud. Of course that says a lot for the job that you did as parents as well!

Pam

Pam That's too funny about the three of you. Your DH travels a lot. Does he go to Germany the most? I am looking forward to the yoga class. I will let you know how it was. Eunice still hasn't got her stuff yet!!!!! Hasn't it been over a month since they moved? They bring a dumpster in about every six months. One of our neighbours has a truck and he helps us get everything there. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate. So it looks like your mother's cottage sold. Does she still have a lot of stuff at the cottage that you need to move? It was nice to have the Friday's off but the day was just too long. Tomorrow is my last flex day and next week will be my last week of long hours. It is nice though since this is our Thanksgiving long weekend I have 4 days off :D. Step Moves is a fun workout. I don't think I will look into getting Insanity. I really don't think I will like the workouts at all.

jldx2in2000 Yes we will accept you into our group. It looks like Janie has also started another Luker's Invitation. It looks like we will all start posting over there now. This thread is getting pretty long. Don't worry about being shy. I lurked for 12 - 13 years before I started posting :eek:. Now I post almost every day. Post when you can, I know things come up and you can't get to the computer all the time. I agree with you that working out does make you feel good. I put my back out last week and I haven't really been working out besides doing some stretching. I am really missing that feeling you get when you workout. Tomorrow I will be able to get back into it. Wow but you have been busy collecting Cathe's DVDs. Nice that your husband is supportive your your addiction (but it is a good additiction). My DH just rolls his eyes when I get new workouts and says "don't you have enough already?" We all help each other out and give encouragement. Come join us over at Lurkers Invitation for the Holidays.

Janie You have really been able to do a lot of walks with Rolly. I am glad that he hasn't been doing his business in your house. I have never used Retin A but I have heard good things about it. Oooh to look 10 years younger, that would be nice. It was nice getting that day off but now that I have moved to a different building my day is now 1/2 longer and that seems to make a hugh difference. It didn't seem like I had any me time any more :confused:. I don't know how people with kids do it. I used to run during my lunch hour many years ago too but I found that even after a shower I wouldn't stop sweating for hours. I always eat at my desk and then during my lunch break I go for a walk. Wow your son is an Emergency Dr......they have to be sooooo patient with everything they need to deal with. I will go checkout the new thread.

Well no workout for me today since we were getting rid of a lot of junk. Ordered in pizza today too :eek:. Back to the healthy eating tomorrow.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.