Lurkers Invitation 2010

Ok ladies so today I did 4S low impact workout, I can not believe its been more than a year or even longer that I own this dvd and I can not keep up with Cathe on the step work, its so hard, I keep missing the step:mad::confused:
I thought that Step Moves and Athletic Step were hard but this one its even more harder for me... I have to practice more often.
Other than that its been pretty smooth over here, oh no its not true, this morning the battery car die, so I was in the middle of the gas station waiting for someone to come and help:confused: not good, but I already went and get a new one.
So how is everybody doing? I've been talking with (Shani) we are going to be roommate on the SD Tour, soooo excited about planning were we are going to meet and all that stuff.

Have a good day everyone....:p

Well I have not worked out since Tuesday. I am now starting to have those dreaded menopausal symptoms of night sweats and hot flashes. I have not slept through the night for about a week and it is starting to show. It is driving me nuts with off go the sheets, on go the sheets, off they go, on they go etc....The days are the same too....off with the sweater, on with the sweater, off it goes, on it goes etc.... does anyone have any suggestions that worked for them??? This is cutting down my workouts because I am sooooo tired all of the time now. Last night I went to bed at 7:30 because I haven't been able to sleep through the night.

pgeiger 30/30 is the easier one of the three in my opinion though it still is a tough one. The med ball abs is my favorite of the ab circuts. I would like to volunteer for the paralympics but unfortunatly our year end is coming up at work so I need to be there instead. Now if I hada just won the lottery.......

Eunice No 30/30 isn't easy for me it is just the easiest of the three HiiT workouts. I thought if I was going to do one that would be the one to start with. Don't worry I was a puddle of goo at the end of it.

JanieI guess I should take a look over at OD to see what is going on over there. I love it here too where there is no drama going on. I think that is why I lurked for so long, sometimes the littlest thing can get blown out of proportion.

Sandra Happy Birthday. It is exciting to start a new decade. For me I will be leaving my fourties behind in another month and a half. Way to go with the workouts completed and the calories burned. It does give you insentive to continue doesn't it. You know both you and me are around the same, I am 5'4.5 and am about 138 pounds. I am not sure of my body fat etc but I would also like to get to be around 125 pounds. I was there several years ago and felt great, I would like to feel like that again. Congratulations on the 6 pound loss.
As for winning the lottery a few of us at work bought a Lotto Max ticket (I see you are from Canada too so you know what that is) because the jackpot was quite high. Well needless to say we are still at work, but I see the 6/49 is up to 30 million.......

Cheryl

Today was STS disc 36 Shoulders Biceps & Triceps. Two more days and I'm done with the rotation. Yeah!

Pam, I hear you on Mindy being a little annoying, (not too bad though) her workouts really get in there! So worth it.:rolleyes: Good job on the workout.

Eunice, Once you do get 4S Low Impact down, you are going to love it. I'm glad your car trouble is over and your comfortably at home.;)

I bet you are just gong to have a ball on the tour. It's coming up really soon!

Cheryl, I think it's time you got those hormones in check. Mine lasted over 16 years, but I took estrate cream (estrogen, a plant derivative) and progesterone, progesterone is important, since I still had my uterus. For me (this doesn't happen to everyone mind you) I had to take less than half what my doctor prescribed. I felt drugged if I went more than that. So, just watch out for that sign, just in case. You will feel so much better once you get on (and figure out the dosage) the hormone supplements. I've cooled down now and only need estrate cream once in awhile for feeling dry in the blossom area. If you know what I mean.:eek:LOL

I think the OD has calmed down now. It does get fired up every now and then. It's OK, go over there and enjoy yourselves. Really. If it gets that way again, just make yourselves some popcorn and something to drink and enjoy the fireworks. LOL:eek:

Take care, and sweet dreams.

Janie

Eunice and Janie What the heck is 4S low impact? I've been trying and trying to figure that out! Eunice I think I am going to order downloads today for all of the March rotation workouts that I don't have. I'm not sure yet when I'll be able to start it though. I should only be 2 days behind on this rotation since I adjusted my rest week, so I may try to get caught up before we go to the beach when I'll get behind again :p Sorry about the dead battery, don't you hate that? :mad: Mine died in January. We had gotten in the car to head to the airport for our ski trip and the battery was dead! Luckily we have a battery charger and since my husband wasn't going on the ski trip he dropped us off and went and got a new battery in.

Janie Congratulations on almost finishing your rotation! You have done such a fantastic job with that tough tough workout! I know you are ready for your cruise now :D

Cheryl I was starting to have some of that going on plus getting really bad headaches once a month. I was seeing a male Dr who just shrugged everything off and was no help at all. I changed Drs and started seeing a fantastic female Dr. I didn't even bring it up - she started asking me if I was having any issues. I was taking birth control pills that you take for 3 weeks and then off for one and she had me start taking them continuosly and that has really helped me a lot. Especially with the headaches. I agree that 30/30 is the easiest of the Hiits, but definitely no walk in the park! :p

This morning I did CCC again. It didn't seem as bad as last time, maybe I just have such anticipation of it being killer that I am ready for it. The 4th round is really tough though. My face is as red as a beet. Like this guy -> :mad: but smiling :D Happy Friday everyone!

Pam

Today did Insanity Pure Cardio. I'm a sweating like crazy.

Pam, I think 4S is the 4 Day Split workouts. Eunice just didn't include the "D" in her description. I believe the Lower Intensity step is what she did. But, I'm sure she'll let us know for sure today sometime. LOL

I am so ready for the cruise. My bag is all packed and ready too.:rolleyes:

LOL:D, my cardio also makes me look like a beet. Your description is so funny. You know you did a great job when that happens.

Have a nice day everyone,

Janie

Pam....4 day split dvd, 2 dvd'd 4 workouts, 30 min cardio, kickbox,booth camp,low intensity step, high intensity step, Cathe split's the upper body and one day legs, maybe you don't have this one I like it but I don't get to use it as much as the others dvd's...
Janie lol. your so funny...
I'll be back later to check in...

OK, duh. Yes, I do have 4DS but haven't used it in awhile. I love those workouts though, so maybe that would be a good one to use when I want to add in a 30 minute cardio. I had been thinking the Hiits and CTX were my only options, but you have just brought 4 more options to my attention. Thanks! We are leaving in the morning for new Orleans! I haven't packed yet though :rolleyes: and we are going to the Blue Collar Comedy tour tonight. Guess I'll fit that packing in somewhere! If I don't get to check in over the weekend I hope that everyone has a great one and great workouts!

Janie Were your shins sweating after that workout? That is always my gauge for a really tough workout! :p

Pam

Today it was Step Moves. I am getting it down now that I have done it several times.

Janie, Thanks for the information. I do need to go back and see my doctor and get it checked out. 16 years......that is a long time. I remember days when I could sleep through the night and not wake up until my alarm went off.....sigh....I miss those days. :) LOL
The OD has calmed down. It looks like they closed the thread that got everyone fired up.

Pam Men they just don't understand do they, they think everything is in our heads. I do have a female Dr. I don't think I would ever go back to a male Dr. I was on the pill but my Dr. said that the last time I had my hormones checked that I was menopausal and that I should go off the pill. So a couple of weeks after I stopped the hot flashes and night sweats began. I will take Janie's advise and go see my Dr. to get checked out again.

Happy Friday everyone.

Cheryl

Hi Eunice, how ya doing?

Pam, My shins, and everywhere on me was soaked! I wrang out my headband, literally. And sweat came pouring out of it. I know, too much information.:rolleyes:

Cheryl, Good job on Step Moves.

I'm glad I could help you. Poor thing. I feel for you, been there done that. You'll soon be more yourself with the hormone replacement therapy.

Oh, I have a female doctor too, and will never ever go back to a male doctor, not ever. Female doctors understand totally.

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

Did SC Circuit Blast this morning and Bum Bum this eventing. I'm Done with the rotation! YEHHHHHHHH! I'll give my opinion tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

See you later,

Janie

Janie congratulations:D... you have finish your rotation yayayay! that was such a hard work and you did it.. you should be so proud of your self. Yes please tell us all about it.

Pam I know am late here, but I just wanted to tell you, have a wonderful vacation, enjoy...:cool:

Thumper I'm glad you are felling better. I don't know anything about it yet... and I don't want to either:confused:.. of course for my girls when am grumpy:mad: they thing I have hit this time of our lives, but not yet.

I hope evryone is doing well, last time I'd workout was on friday, body max 2 timesaver cardio and strach, now I'm getting ready for meso 3 tomorrow is going to be the first day of, I will be printing my cards this afternoon.
Have a good Sunday and I will see you guys later;)

Well I did STS disk 13 on Saturday and disk 14 this morning. Tomorrow it will be HiiT Double Wave Pyramid.

Janie I like the name of Bum Bum. Ummmm I wonder what part that works LOL. Let us know what you thought of the rotation.

Eunice It isn't a lot of fun. Don't worry you turn will come. :eek: Enjoy meso 3. I will be starting week 2 of meso 2 this week.

Enjoy your Monday.

Cheryl

Eunice, It sounds like you are excited to move on from Meso 2. I don't blame you. You are going to love Meso 3. An entirely different workout and the one you can see results with. Enjoy.

Cheryl, Your workouts look really good. When is your rest day?

Janie

Last edited:
Results of the rotation:

I've had tremendous results from this rotation! It is by no means an easy workout and I would only suggest it for the most part to the advanced group. I'm an intermediate mostly person and when I did this rotation I had to modify all the way through it. Still, with good results.

I lost 10 pounds and a lot of inches all around my body. I'm one size smaller from when I started.

My strength has increased, but my body doesn't show the added muscle. I'm sure it is because I'm intermediate and needed to lose fat. If a person did this rotation and were high intermediate-Advanced, I'm sure you would see more tone and definition. I did notice my bum bum is higher and firmer. My flabby arms don't flap anymore, and the fat that was around the middle of my back is no longer. Also my tummy and upper legs and hips are smaller and firmer. This is in only one month with these results. I most likely will do this one again in the near future, especially with results like these.

What is really cool, is that I may now be a high end intermediate. By the time I was nearing this rotation, there were many many times that I didn't modify and that was the time when the workouts were more strenuous.

If you want to lose weight, lean out and get stronger, this is a rotation to think about doing.

Janie

Thumper good job!! with your workouts. I also have HiiT double wave pyramid for tomorrow, see you there!:D

Janie wowowowowee your rock, 10# that's amazing and one size smaller yoohooo.... that its great Janie, everything sound good, so now please can you post some pictures of your self?? you should I don't have a face for Janie yet:p So what its next? I assuming that you will take a week of rest and then? and then? Good Job Janie..

Well today was my first day of meso 3 pretty good, I think I've hit the right weight for my self.. I literal was talking to my self "one more set and we are done" OMG those flys were killer I had to push my self, but I did it and I'm so proud of my self. Today was the first time I use 70# for deadlifts am pretty sure I can go heavy so my next stop is to the PX to get a couple plates LOL:p for bench press I did 60# 4 sets of 8 OMG... the last set of flys I only did 7 reps my arms did not wanted to go up:mad:
Have a wonderful day everyone see you guys later!!!:D

I'm trying something out that I've never done before. There is a book out that's called "Eat Right 4 Your Type" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo. It's a way of eating exercising... depending on your blood type.

I didn't know my blood type, called my doc to see if she new, but she doesn't have it readily available and said it would take a test that would cost me money. Or, I could give blood and right away they could tell me what type it is.

I didn't want to be bothered with having to go a long way away from my house that would cost me gas money, or just purchase the kit on line. So, I opted to purchase the kit. Mind you, I already have this book.

The blood kit came in the mail and so I pricked my middle finger in the middle, and boy did that hurt! Man, I even made a bruise on myself. But, I did get the blood (flowed nicely out of my finger) out to test it on a card.

I found out I have O negative (Joey has O positive). The O type people does really well with heavy cardio and weight lifting. So naturally I love being O negative.

I'm suppose to eat red meat, which I gave up many years ago. But now that there are grain fed organic meat out there, I might get some and see what happens.

Anyhoo, there is a veriety of foods just for type O people, in categories of fruit, meat, cereal & grains (not a lot for O type) vegies, drinks...

I'll let you know during the days, starting tomorrow while on this diet and let you know if I feel better, and most importantly lose the extra fat I accumulated during the last year and a half.

Wish me luck.

No workout today, I'm vegetating. Tomorrow will do something from STS Cardio.

Eunice, Although I lost the poundage and there are less inches of fat around me, I still don't feel comfortable for anyone to see me yet. Given some more time, then I will. I promise.

Fantastic job on Meso 3! OMG! 70 #'s for deadlifts. Good for you with all those high weight. Very proud of you.

Janie

Today is was Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. That is a fun one to do, at least I| think so.....maybe the rest of you don't. :p I also did the yoga ab circuts. Because I can't get myself out of bed early in the morning anymore I am now doing it in the evening. It is fine now, I will wait to see how it goes in the summer.

Janie My rest days vary. It all depends on how I am feeling during the week. Sometimes I take Wednesdays off just to break up the week. This week I am trying to workout Monday to Saturday with Sunday as my rest day. I will see how I do. You did really well with your rotation. Way to go...... It is motivating when you lose weight and can see that you have lost inches and a dress size!!!!!
You probably posted it, but what rotation did you do?
I have seen the book Eat Right 4 Your Type. Keep us updated on your progress and how you feel eating the way they tell you to. I would have a hard time trying to prick my finger. That is why I am trying to stay healthy, I don't think I would make a very good diabetic :D with having to do that on a daily basis or to give myself a needle for that matter. :eek:

Eunice 70 pounds for deadlifts.....good for you. Because I have some back issues I can't do anywhere near that much weight. 60 pounds for the bench press is really good. Don't be too mad that you could only get 7 reps in for the flys. That is still really good.

Till tomorrow

Cheryl

Where did everyone go?????

Anyway I did STS Disk 16 today. My arms were shaking after those back off sets.

Till tomorrow.

Cheryl

Hi ladies,

I am back and not too much worse for the wear :p. We had so much fun but I feel like all we did was eat and drink so now I need to make up for it! I only gained .8 pounds though so not too bad. I started meso 3 this morning. It was good - I actually had to go heavier on almost everything (not those incline flies - had to go lighter on those). I am really impressed with your 70 pound presses Eunice! Janie - amazing results on that rotation! Good for you! I'll be back to write more later, Happy St Patty's day all!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.