HiiT Circuit UB is Mmm, Mmm, Good!

Soxy

Cathlete
I "enjoyed" everything about this workout. The heart rate never slows down. This circuit moves swiftly from move to move and round to round, so have your weights (& and backup weights:rolleyes:) ready. Lots of compound/functional exercises emphasizing UB muscles groups.

Squat presses are one of my favorites, but now I think it will be front swing-lat pulldown combos. That one exercise combo ties in shoulders, core, legs, lats, & bis, while testing coordination & concentration. I really also liked the sumo drop squat/tricep extension combo. A lot more fun combos like that in each round of this workout. Familiar cardio blasts so you can concentrate on breathing heavy :p. Also, a little warning: vertical butt kicks may cause your pants to fall down :eek:.

Something else made me smile during this workout, I thought I heard a musical rift from Donna Summers' Love to Love You Baby. Also heard it in HiiT Circuit LB.

I "enjoyed" everything about this workout. The heart rate never slows down. This circuit moves swiftly from move to move and round to round, so have your weights (& and backup weights:rolleyes:) ready. Lots of compound/functional exercises emphasizing UB muscles groups.

Squat presses are one of my favorites, but now I think it will be front swing-lat pulldown combos. That one exercise combo ties in shoulders, core, legs, lats, & bis, while testing coordination & concentration. I really also liked the sumo drop squat/tricep extension combo. A lot more fun combos like that in each round of this workout. Familiar cardio blasts so you can concentrate on breathing heavy :p. Also, a little warning: vertical butt kicks may cause your pants to fall down :eek:.

Something else made me smile during this workout, I thought I heard a musical rift from Donna Summers' Love to Love You Baby. Also heard it in HiiT Circuit LB.
Agreed, Soxy! This one is a winner.
It’s really very core-intensive throughout. I think the weighted/standing abs-mixed-in premix would almost just feel like a longer version of the same workout.
There’s a mix of old and new, of compound and isolation, etc. I was a little worried about going into it after LB circuit yesterday (seeing all the squats and lunges on the UB circuit menu), but my legs actually felt fine. There are some (light) weighted squats in the UB circuit, but I’m not sure plyo hiit is any friendlier on the quads! If anything, my low back muscles were most ‘aware’ of being worked two days in a row. No pain, just a little muscle tightness.
The ‘total body blast’ at the end of this workout put a huge smile on my face. Jacks into a squat thrust into floor jacks into pushups into air jacks? This is why I love Cathe. (Can we have a whole workout of this kind of stuff? ;) )
Also, the warm-up and stretch are great. I may sub these for the Lift It HiiT It UB warm-ups and stretches (though I appreciate that Cathe kept these brief) when I want a little more. I especially liked all the forward folds in the stretch – the nerves in my spinal column have been feeling tight from this series. Not sure why, but feels good to stretch them.

In terms of creating a 3-day UB split using RWH, I’m rethinking my initial idea of Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, Shoulders/UB Circuit. I’d had the thought of doing shoulders and circuit in the same day because I generally find circuits/metabolic workouts quite shoulder-intensive, anyways, but I think for that same reason I wouldn’t put them on the same day. My shoulders would just be too toasted from heavier weights to get the benefit of the circuit work.
I might just do the 2-day UB split as is, then do the UB circuit and heavy up (and slow down, if necessary) on the isolation exercises, or whenever possible (some of the functional shoulder stuff I just wouldn’t dare go much heavier, for fear of tweaking something). Or if I were to do one muscle group in conjunction with circuit, it might be chest or back. Hmmm, something to ponder…
Roz

Thanks for the reviews. I plan on trying to do this one on Sunday followed by Lower body circuit on Monday, but will see about that one. I loved both upper body workouts and the other leg dvd, the time just flew by in those. I also loved both Low impact hiit, esp. #2. Still haven't done either plyo but is on my calendar for next week. Lovin this new series:D

Thanks for the reviews. I plan on trying to do this one on Sunday followed by Lower body circuit on Monday, but will see about that one. I loved both upper body workouts and the other leg dvd, the time just flew by in those. I also loved both Low impact hiit, esp. #2. Still haven't done either plyo but is on my calendar for next week. Lovin this new series:D
Firemedic, if you're going to do the two circuits on consecutive days, I think your plan to do upper then lower is a good one.

ITA, this is my favorite RWH workout yet. Loved the bicep portion. I did HCLB yesterday and enjoyed that as well, but this one has a huge fun factor. :)

Great reviews Soxy & MomInVT! MomInVt - I noticed the same thing with my low back and was wondering if anyone else had similar feeling. I may start a separate post just out of curiousity because I had to take a few days off from my back being so tight after a few of these new workouts. I am loving them so much and anxious to do more!

Also, a little warning: vertical butt kicks may cause your pants to fall down :eek:.

I also had an "incident" with the butt kicks, although my pants didn't fall down! My insulin pump (which usually stays securely clipped to my waist band) came flying off on the 10th butt kick. Thankfully I caught it in mid-air so it didn't pull the infusion set out from under my skin!

This was a fun workout. It was my first of the RWH series. I liked that it was fun and moved quickly, but didn't completely exhaust me. It also worked the legs a little more than I was expecting for an upper body circuit. I'm excited to try the rest of the series next week!

Great reviews Soxy & MomInVT! MomInVt - I noticed the same thing with my low back and was wondering if anyone else had similar feeling. I may start a separate post just out of curiousity because I had to take a few days off from my back being so tight after a few of these new workouts. I am loving them so much and anxious to do more!

My back was sensitive too after HiiT Circuit LB on Tuesday, so I was very aware of it during this workout. Pulling my core in tight during the sensitive moves helped me.

This was a tough one - my husband and I Loved it so much! Everything about it. I thought it was very cardio intensive because I was huffing & puffing throughout the entire workout (not just during the cardio blasts). And the cardio blasts seem to come up very fast - I felt like I blinked & it was time for the next one. We loved every move, how they flowed together, and how every part got Hiit-we felt great all day! My favorite moves were the forward leaning lunge/rear delt into rear lunge/front raise, lunge kick/lunge squats, & dead lift/front raise. My favorite cardio blasts were high jacks/low jacks, snow boards & total body...Well, ok every move in the entire workout is my favorite! Even though this is the upper body circuit my legs were burnt after each cardio blasts - did I mention snow boards - LOVE THEM! Totally Awesome Cathe!!!

I'm loving ur reviews!! Makes me motivated to do more

It’s really very core-intensive throughout. I think the weighted/standing abs-mixed-in premix would almost just feel like a longer version of the same workout.
There’s a mix of old and new, of compound and isolation, etc. I was a little worried about going into it after LB circuit yesterday (seeing all the squats and lunges on the UB circuit menu), but my legs actually felt fine. There are some (light) weighted squats in the UB circuit, but I’m not sure plyo hiit is any friendlier on the quads! If anything, my low back muscles were most ‘aware’ of being worked two days in a row. No pain, just a little muscle tightness.
The ‘total body blast’ at the end of this workout put a huge smile on my face. Jacks into a squat thrust into floor jacks into pushups into air jacks? This is why I love Cathe. (Can we have a whole workout of this kind of stuff? ;) )
Also, the warm-up and stretch are great. I may sub these for the Lift It HiiT It UB warm-ups and stretches (though I appreciate that Cathe kept these brief) when I want a little more. I especially liked all the forward folds in the stretch – the nerves in my spinal column have been feeling tight from this series. Not sure why, but feels good to stretch them.

In terms of creating a 3-day UB split using RWH, I’m rethinking my initial idea of Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, Shoulders/UB Circuit. I’d had the thought of doing shoulders and circuit in the same day because I generally find circuits/metabolic workouts quite shoulder-intensive, anyways, but I think for that same reason I wouldn’t put them on the same day. My shoulders would just be too toasted from heavier weights to get the benefit of the circuit work.
I might just do the 2-day UB split as is, then do the UB circuit and heavy up (and slow down, if necessary) on the isolation exercises, or whenever possible (some of the functional shoulder stuff I just wouldn’t dare go much heavier, for fear of tweaking something). Or if I were to do one muscle group in conjunction with circuit, it might be chest or back. Hmmm, something to ponder…
Roz
Aaaarghhhh!!! Of all the fng time to get a frozen shoulder!!!WTH!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did this premix (#7), and loved it. I used the same weights as Cathe :D! The flow into standing Abs is perfect for this workout.
Aaaarghhhh!!! Of all the fng time to get a frozen shoulder!!!WTH!!!
My shoulders gave out during the last set of High/Low Planks with Jacks.

Bonus Abs One is my favorite right now!
http://cathe.com/forum/threads/rwh-bonus-abs.298347/

I thought the music was great too! The music compliments every exercise so nicely. Keeps you moving, motivated and gets your heart rate up there. Can't wait to do this one again!

Formerly known as "monexs".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.