Hey Roadtrippers!!!

Oh boy, how'd I miss this thread til now???

I can't believe it's been a year already. What a fun time I've had remembering every little thing! I pulled out my "Coordinators' Notebook" and my "Who's Who" book, and looked at everything and all the wonderful pictures everyone posted online, and I've just been a grinnin' fool.

Here's the good, bad and ugly for me (not necessarily in that order ;-)):

What wasn't so good:
* The Friday night get-together -- at least, the food and drinks. :-( Sorry so much, girls and Chris -- we goofed that one BIG time and I think we nearly starved you all. It'll be a very different event next time!
* The Ramada .... ewwwwwwwwwwww! I'm not losing any sleep that it's been demolished, lemme tell you! Better accommodations is on the hot list for next time, too!
* The Party Bus --- okay, it WAS fun, but who signed us up to have Mario Andretti drive us around???
* The fact that Deb and Lorrayne and I were so busy between events that we didn't have much time (not nearly ENOUGH time) to mingle and get to know all of you. Next time I plan to gab my chatty little head OFF!
* The fact that we'd been so busy working on planning the trip that I had SERIOUSLY fallen off my workout and clean eating wagon -- I came to the RT as out of shape as I've been in a decade, and THAT will change next time too! My poor old bod was howlin' at me for five days after I got home!

What was great:
* Meeting DebbieH in the Atlanta airport for the very first time -- both of us in our black Cathe tees so we'd recognize each other. After WEEKS of literally dozens of daily e-mails back and forth, it was so wonderful to give her a hug! ;-)
* Meeting Lorrayne in the Philly airport -- this time, THREE of us were squealing and dressed exactly alike.
* Taking my first class with Cathe on Friday morning, and then meeting her and having that absolutely surreal feeling of TALKING to my absolute idol!
* Going to BJ's or Sam's or whatever it was called with Debbie, Lorrayne and Cathe (that's right!) to shop for the Friday night get-together -- how funny it was to compare prices, discuss quantities and push a giant shopping cart around with Cathe!!
* Seeing all of you for the first time on Friday night, all gathered in one room! It was overwhelming but SO cool to put faces and names together, and to see what an amazingly fit and friendly group you all were!
* Cathe and Cedie's Saturday morning arrival -- could Elvis get a bigger reception? ;-)
* That sound, that sound -- 100+sets of feet hitting the step at the same time, for the first time, during our first class together! I thought I would keel over from sheer adrenaline!
* The "American Idol" presentations on Saturday afternoon -- you were all so brave, and so good, and so much fun!
* The Party Bus -- having a chance to chit chat with y'all and listen to how excited everyone was!
* Having Mark perform for us on Saturday night -- wish we'd all been more in a dancing mood 'cause he is one fantastic DJ (and SO cute!)
* Sunday brunch -- seeing how much all of you had bonded, and how much the weekend meant to all of us, and to Cathe.

This will always be one of those watershed, landmark events in my memory. I'm so glad I was there, and so grateful to have had the opportunity to coordinate it with Deb and Lorrayne, who have become such dear friends of mine now. I can't wait to see you all next time!!! (Of course, I plan on having you see less of me, if you get my drift. ;-))

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif

Favorite moments:
- doing live Cathe classes
- everyone catching stability balls simultaneously (I kept expecting to see one fly out of control and then dominoes...but we're too coordinated for that)
- doing the terminators in the "Idol" contest
- the energy in the classes...it made it difficult to workout out at home as it was so quiet (fortunately the August rotation challenge got me back in the groove)
- meeting Cathe and the crew
- hearing filming stories from the crew which just broke me up

Happy anniversary everyone!:)

I unfortunately didn't make the roadtrip, but, wasn't it also Cathe's BIG 4-0!!

Susan C.M.

>It was her birthday (we had cake), but I think she's the same
>age as me, so it would have been 41.

That's right!! For her 40th we sent Birthday cards to DebbieH and she sent Cathe a BIG envelope FULL of cards.

RE: DEB!

How many can go on the roadtrip? And how do you sign up when Cathe decides to have another? I'd love to go!:)

I believe the cutoff was 110 confirmed people. After this is filled, when a waiting list was formed.

When Cathe is ready to hold another road trip, she will post the announcement on this Forum. However, Cathe has mentioned that she is focused on preparing for filming the next 4 workouts. Once this filming process is completed, edited, and shipped, I'm sure we'll hear from her.

Lorrayne

Thanks! So it sounds like first-come first-serve basis? I can just imagine how exciting and fun it would be.

I'd be surprised if all the computers don't lock up when it's "Roadtrip" time again!!!!:7

Shelley, I love your dog. I too have a german shepherd. They are awesome!

Anyone from 512 care to answer? (shhhh - Babybird - that was the room number of the hotel room - but I'll let them tell you.) Actually I think the cutoff started at 150 but then when they laid out the gym they dropped it back to 110. But I believe we still had open spots available didn't we?

Lorrie

"Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever"
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Babybird - the 512 girls were so named because, as Lorrie said, that was our room number in the notorious Ramada, home of the lovely bathrooms and *ahem* interesting decor. There were only four of us though:p I think I'm the only who still really posts here. The other three have lives. But we still talk to each other every single day and we are, in fact, getting together again next weekend:)

Hi Lorrie,

Yes, we had a few last minute cancellations resulting in some open slots. I bet the next road trip will sell out in record time! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.