Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

Debbie, nice work today. I have been using my vest at 12# without the weights. So far it works pretty well for me. With some moves I sort of wish I could go a bit lighter, like the push up :) I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving if we do not see you back here this week.

Roxie, that is a tough one. I did it with 12# vest and was sore the next day.

Belinda, I like a traditional Christmas. We do not put up our tree early either. I usually take it down before New years though. I grew up with decorating like you do and we used socks for stockings to hang. Often they were filled with nuts and fruit, not candy. Christmas has changed so much.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, 271 calories, heart rate average 139, max 170, met 6.0, 3,721 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 workout 2 mix no drills, 23 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 164, met 5.9, 150 calories, 2,128 steps. I finished off with Barre Amped Ball Stretch with added figure 4 using the ball and some torso stretches, 8 minutes, 18 calories. Total time 83 minutes, 475 calories.

Debbie - I started downsizing about a year ago, did really well getting rid of stuff we don't use/love or need. I am very carful what I bring into my house too. I don't want the clutter again in my house. If I say clutter I mean things. My kids call me Martha Steward, I am very organized/clean. Let's be real! You only use a fraction on what you own. I agree we are a material world. The more that better. I have a bunch of movies dvd's that we don't use/or have used in years. I will donate them to the VA (http://www.dvds4vets.org/donate_dvd.php). I also donate clothes to the VA hospital. They will use it for the vets. I really don't miss any, lol. I am glad that stuff is out of the house. My daughter in law is trying hard every year to put up the tree and change my German traditions, lol. Not a change :) Christmas Eve is when we decorate the tree and we exchange our gifts around 6 pm not on the 25th. It's also a German traditions to eat German Wieners wurst ( not Oscar Mayers, lol! I get mine from a German grocery store) and German potato salad. The traditional Christmas meal features duck, goose, rabbit or a roast. This main dish is accompanied by German delicacies such as apple and sausage stuffing, red cabbage and potato dumplings. Dessert typically includes Christmas Stollen, considered one of the best Christmas pastries in the world! So yummy! We also drink Gluehwein (Mullet wine). It's time with the family and enjoy xmas. What Italian tradition do you have?

Yes, you can use Roku for streaming https://www.beachbodyondemand.com scroll down and you see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
Today I did Shoulders and Biceps, Superset style, 5 groups, x 12 reps and did 3 rounds of each grouping. Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 321 calories. I liked this workout a lot, it went fast and I burned decent calories.
STS Warm Up

Overhead Press- 17's x 12 ( 3 rounds of the Superset )
Bicep Curls- 17's x 12

1 Arm Lat Raise- 10# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12

Rear Flies- 10's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
W Curls- 12's x 12

Upright Rows- 15's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
BB Curls- 30# x 12

1 Arm Overhead Press- 12# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Alt. Curls with a twist- 15's x 12

FYI, my Christmas Tree is all white, light blue, sage green, gold and silver colors. It is so pretty, its probably my favorite tree yet. I do a different tree every single year...

Debbie, nice workout today. I think our headaches are due to hormone changes, especially while we are having hot flashes. Also, the herbs we take for our symptoms the side effects are headaches!!!! We havent sold our house, it is slow during the holidays. We are going to lower the price a little since it is on the high side and see what that will do the trick. We decided not to buy, we are going to lease because the market is due to go down with rising intrests rates. We will buy in a couple of years and get a better house for a better price.

Diane Sue, are you having Thanksgiving at your house? I bet you have a full house!!! Nice workout today.

Belinda, I have de cluttered myself as I pack up my house to move. I love the minimalistic way of life. I buy workout stuff but not much more. All the boys we have at our house it is not even worth buying really nice things because they get thrashed!! I will buy nice stuff when the kids move out and are on their own. Nice workout!

Roxie, Nice workout, i couldnt do it with the weighted vest on either!!!

Roselyn, good job on the workout. I am thinking about doing Cathe Live again, just for a month.

Have a nice day.

Belinda, I remember my mother roasting duck for Thanksgiving dinner. Isn't German Potato salad served warm? I can't remember exactly, but I think it is not made with typical mayo type dressing, right. My mother always put pickles in the potato salad. My husband only likes it with potatoes, eggs a bit of mayo and lots of mustard. Funny thing is over the years, my grandchildren ask for that potato salad. I don't eat it. I would like to skip it. It takes a lot of potatoes for mashed potatoes and potato salad. We pretty much always have a live Christmas tree. I like the scent. I would imagine it triggers my allergies, but I really just like them anyway.

Jolie, my daughters usually have several trees decorated in different ways throughout their homes. The one in the country has so many decorations inside and out, that it would be such a huge job to me getting them all up and taking them back down. I generally make sure I have my nativity sets out and my tree, wreaths and a few extras. We have not decorated outside since we moved back to the city. When we had out big two story home my husband paid some guys to hang the rope lights and lit cross on the front since the house was close to 3 stories high. We wrapped lights around the oak tree and put lights through the hedges. It was really pretty. The really old historical district home was fun decorating inside as well.
Your tree colors sound really pretty. The leasing idea sounds like something that would be beneficial, although it also means moving your stuff more than once. I loathe moving.
Yes, Thanksgiving is at my house and it will be full. Hoping family remembers to bring over some folding chairs. Tomorrow I will doing a quick store run and start cooking. I have pies to make. I already made the crust and put it in the freezer.

Good morning,

Today is a rest day from Lift. I ended up doing SBF Tabata =39 min. Tomorrow I will do Day 3. Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals. My kids have a very nice gym. No excuse not to workout. I was suppose to do a run/walk tomorrow, DD forgot to sign us up on time. Maybe we go for a nice walk with all our dogs. It's suppose to be very cold tomorrow.

Diane Sue - in Bavaria were I am from, we eat potato salad cold or warm. My mom was a professional cook in Germany. She never measured anything with a measuring cup or spoon. I cook like my mom, I don't use measuring cups/spoons when I cook. It was hard to teach my daughter in law how to cook German food :) I told her you have to get a feel for it. She got it :) I and my family prefer cold potato salad. My dad loved a warm potato salad with a little Steck ( a type of bacon) . Potato salad taste better when it's cold, IMO! It even taste better the next day. It's really a preference on what you like. I don't use mayo. I make mine with oil and vinegar. I also make my own salad dressing daily. I always end up making mash potatoes and potato salad. When I make German Klosse (German potato dumpling) DH helps. If I make them from scratch they are a lot of work, but so worth it. I stopped buying a live tree years ago. No needles to clean up. I do miss the fresh scent.

Jolie - my spending is way down these last few years. Like you, I only buy workout clothes. I have more than workout dvd's. Black Friday is just a few day's away, there is nothing I want or need. I am thinking of canceling Cathe's pre order after seeing the premixes. I should stick with what I already have. Good for you for decluttering your house. I used to declutter regular in the military. It's all extra package you carrying around years after years. This weekend DH and I will go through some stuff. How old are your kids?

I will try to be back later. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Belinda - I'm looking at the Beach Body streaming link you sent, which workout set is the one you are doing?

Debbie - I didn't do the Shakeology. I use a organic protein powder which doesn't upset my stomach.They have annual/3 month or 6 month member ship. You can try them out before you do the member ship. You also get a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Make sure if you do sign up to cancel right away. We are doing Lift4.

Here is the link to the free trial. https://www.beachbody.com/product/f...MI0-nQg9_l3gIVkVmGCh2CqQtqEAAYASAAEgLwhPD_BwE

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio/Sculpt Overload, met 5.8, 256 calories, 119 average heart rate, 152 max, 2,472 steps, 40 minutes. I wore a 12 # vest instead of 6 like Kelly and 8 and 12# dbs. I then did Kelly's Cardio Sculpt Fitness dvd skipping the warm up and the abs, (much longer than I thought it would be :) )
55 minutes, 356 calories, heart rate average 123, max 162, met 5.9, 3,656 steps. I used 5 and 10# dbs(mostly 10's except shoulders) Total time was 95 minutes, 612 calories, 6,128 steps.

Belinda, nice job getting your workout in. I don't plan on doing a workout tomorrow. I always felt Shakeology was a real waste of money after I checked the ingredients and found I could get the same stuff at way less cost elsewhere. Just have some protein powder and a good quality greens drink. I accidentally purchased their recovery drink when I ordered a package deal for Insanity once. Two tubs of that stuff. It had sugar in it!! I don't always measure. After while you just know what goes in the recipe and about how much. If it is something new from a new cookbook I do, although sometimes like a Tai Turkey Noodle Bowl that I made from the Whole 30 Slow Cooker cookbook last night, I guess and I added extra carrot noodles to it to make it a bit thicker. I made rice for my daughter and grandchildren to put it on. I just eat it like it is supposed to be eaten. Anyway, it was pretty much dump it in. I bet your mother made some delicious meals.

On another note, I feel annoyed when I get the Beach Body nutrition guides with the workouts and the 21 Day Fix cookbook that I purchased and the include recipes that call for the Shakeology.

Diane Sue - I read somewhere that you can use other protein powders like Orgain Organic Portein powders in place of Shakeology. I use Orgain Organic Protein powders. I think you can use whatever you like. I never bought Sakeologey, way to expensive. Sorry you got trapped into buying it when you ordered Insanity. Tai Turkey Noodle Bowl sounds yummy. Need to look that one up. Happy Thanksgiving! I need to get ready.

Good Morning,

I did a StudioSweat Spin workout that was 60 minutes 16.1 miles 653 calories burned then Inhad a follow up with my doctor, she is very helpful with my weight because she has been fighting the same battle.

Diane Sue- Happy Thanksgiving.

Belinda-Happy Thanksgiving

Belinda - I meant what workout series are you doing. I see PiYo and Beast and P90XL, which set is the one with the Lift workouts that you are doing in it? Thanks for the price breakdown, I'm surprised they don't have a monthly rate. :(

Great job on your workouts everyone!

Belinda - I meant what workout series are you doing. I see PiYo and Beast and P90XL, which set is the one with the Lift workouts that you are doing in it? Thanks for the price breakdown, I'm surprised they don't have a monthly rate. :(

Great job on your workouts everyone!

Debbie - I am doing Lift 4. On the last pricing is 2 weeks free and $39 for 3 month. I guess, they only have 3, 6 and 12 month. I believe DH signed up for a 12 month to get all access to the programs. He is a work, I can't ask him. You can talk to Mary from Totalfitness/or start a chat on the Beachbody site maybe they do have a monthly one? Or how to get a monthly one? Or if you have access to all the workouts with a 3 month subscriptions. I would assume you do, I am not sure? Mary is a BB coach and she would know. Hope this helps. I would wait until Black Friday, maybe they offer a bigger discount? Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Good Morning,

I did a StudioSweat Spin workout that was 60 minutes 16.1 miles 653 calories burned then Inhad a follow up with my doctor, she is very helpful with my weight because she has been fighting the same battle.

Diane Sue- Happy Thanksgiving.

Belinda-Happy Thanksgiving

Roxie - Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

This is what I did yesterday:

Week 2 - Workout 2 – Back & Biceps LIIFT 50/50 – 36 min.

Round 1: 10 reps/ 3 sets
Rows with DB's
Reverse flies

Round 2: 10 reps/ 3 sets
W arm rows with DB's
Hammer curls

Round 3: 10 reps / 3 sets
Bicep curl
W curl

HiT : 15 sec rest / 3 sets
Single leg squat jump ( switching legs after 30 sec)
Twisting mountain climbers 45 sec
180 degree jumps (right than left)

Abs: 30 seconds each/ 3 sets
oblique crunches side to side ( laying on the floor reaching your toes)
Full planks

I did bulk back and chest today

so some interesting news I have always wanted to learn to cut hair so i decided to go to school and become a hair stylist working in a hair salon as a receptionist really made my mind up for me and i will have an immediate job it is a little scary , but everyone keeps telling me age is just a number o if I don't chicken out i start in february

HAPPY TURKEY day !!

Belinda - Thanks for the info! Your workout today looked fun! I am going to join for 6 months and try them. I see that paying 6 months in advance is only 10 bucks a month, that's not too bad.

Roselyn - How cool. I had my nail technician license for several years but after doing that for a couple years my back could not take it anymore. I loved doing it, though. Good luck to you!!!

Diane Sue - You must really like the overload workouts. I can't believe you do those with 12# vest!!! Nice job. I will try it next time with 10#. I never tried the Shakeology and won't sign up for it. I can't believe that stuff has sugar in it. Everything has sugar in it!!!

Jolie - Figures the stuff we take for menopause is making us have headaches. We can't win!!! Nice job on your workout yesterday!!

Roxie - Wow, nice job with the spin workout!! You rocked it!! I hope your doctor gave you some good tips.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Roxie have a nice Thanksgiving. That is great that you doctor is so supportive. Nice job on your workout.

Belinda, great workout again :)

Debbie, it was the Recovery drink that Beach Body had that had sugar in it. It had a bit of creatine in it and tasted orange flavored. I used it, but it took a long time because I didn't like drinking the extra sugar calories. I just could not see a real reason for using it. Shakeology is just way overpriced because of all of their big sales pitch. I don't remember if it had sugar in it too. I remember reading all of the ingredients and then I went to GNC and purchased a powdered drink that was on sale for 12.99 that was almost exactly the same. Tasted yucky. I like the taste of Amazing Grass immunity that is a tangerine tasting green powder. Most of theirs tastes decent, but the tangerine is my favorite and it has some cordyceps mushroom and a few extra immune boosters. I swear it annoys me when I hear people saying that it gave them so much energy. I feel the same with most things. I remember reading some people saying large doses of vitamin D gave them energy. It think it gives them energy because in their head they want to think it does. Maybe I am just a big skeptic.

Roselyn, that is great that you are planning on learning to do hair. I think that you can do whatever you want if you love it. Good for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.