Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

Good morning,

Week 1- Workout #4 – Legs LIIFT 50/50 = 40 min is done. Had a great workout. Week 1 is done. Saturday and Sunday is recovery. I will do lots of stretching and maybe try to get some steps in.

10 reps/ 3 sets
squat
dead lift

10 reps/ 3 sets
sumo squat with 1 DB
back lunge (left lunge/right lunge counts as 1 rep)

10 reps/ 3 sets
hip bridge with 2 DB's on your hip
calf raises (1 set straight, 2nd set angled in, 3rd set angled out)

HIIT: 60 sec/rest 15 sec. I follow the modifier on the HiiT workouts.
high knee runs
bear hop
squat jumps

Abs – 30 sec/ 3 sets
crunches
planks on your elbows w/ alternating leg lifts

Stretch.

Debbie - great job on your walk this morning. Great step count too.

Roslyn - nice job on your workout. We got a layer of snow too.

Diane Sue - I been wanting to try Fitness Blender, maybe one of those day's I will do their workouts. Funny, the no music isn't bordering at all. The workouts are short. I could play my own. Great job yesterday.

Jolie - great job on your walk yesterday. My DD signed us up for a Turkey run/walk. I love seafood. What a great idea for TG. My DD is cooking this TG. She is making a stuffed turkey breast.

Roxie - have fun with your workout today.

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone.

No workout today, I am just not feeling it and I slept poorly too! Tomorrow I will do something good to make up for taking an additional day off :) No snow in So Cal because we never get snow, I wish! Shorts and sandals again today…

Debbie, nice walk even though your glute and hamstring are hurting.

I hope you all have great workouts today. I will check back later to read your posts.

PS I have not bought one Christmas present yet!!!!!!! What about you?

This morning I did P90X3 MMX, 34 minutes, met 6.0, heart rate average 137, max 165, 2,058 steps (this has lots of sprawls) I then did Strong and Sweaty Giant Sets mish mosh #5 double lower body, 61 minutes, met 4.5, 308 calories, 1,375 steps, heart rate 110 average, 150 max. Total time was 95 minutes and calories burned 532. I have to go back to Walmart as I forgot to take the deodorant spray back as it only sprays air :rolleyes: My husband brought it back in to me and I thought at first he was saying it was gone already. My youngest daughter remembered that no one was on the list for our traditional fruit salad for Thanksgiving so I need to get stuff for that.
Weights today
squats 45# 12 reps slow reps then 4 times then 8 singles
rear sliding lunges 15# dbs 16 reps
plié squats 45# barbell same count as squats
side slide lunges 15# db down 2 up 2 then 2 singles
deadlifts 30# dbs 12 reps
repeat
deadlifts wide stance 30# dbs 12 reps
cross back lunges 15# db 16 reps
diagonal lunges 20#dbs 12 reps
static lunges 20# db 16/7/7 reps
warrior lunges body weight
repeat
Squats 45# first round 40# second 12 reps
deadlifts 30# dbs first round 25# dbs 2nd round 12 reps
plié squats 45# 12 reps
sweeper lunges body weight
side slide pick ups 15# db 16 reps
repeat ( I was pretty much done in by the last round as there is lots of deadlifts)
can't imagine doing this 3 times unless I used much lighter weights to get through it.

Debbie, I am sorry that the hip seems worse. You got a nice walk in though. Try soaking in some Epsom salts. Have you tried something like Tiger Balm?

Jolie, I have bought nothing. I have put things in my shopping list on Amazon, but nothing is done and the family is doing a sort of dirty santa sort of thing with gift cards (as in trading etc.) This way all of the adult grandchildren can participate and it is not too costly for them. We have 4 in college now. Plus if they bring girlfriends or boy friends they can participate as well if they want to. Just the three small ones we are purchasing presents for. I slept poorly too. My Fit Bit says I had 13 minutes of deep sleep. My husband said he hardly slept. It was all due to my coughing. I swear I cleaned and cleaned hoping it would help. This morning I changed the filter in the air purifier.

Belinda, I like the format of those workouts with some hiit mixed in. I like seafood too. Two days ago I made a shrimp curry noodle bowl Paleo recipe. I didn't have the broccoli slaw which was the noodles so I spiralized zucchini and used them. I still have one bowl left and will have it either for dinner or lunch today. I have been making lots of salmon recipes. Trying to eat more seafood.

Diane Sue - I like the workout format too. Different than anything I have done before. I am sore from day one, lol. Your shrimp curry noodles bow sounds so good. I can't eat curry or shouldn't eat it, lol. If I don't want my Invisalign to stain. Even if you brush your teeth, they still will turn yellow. Salmon is my go to seafood these day/s. I love seafood. Hope your cough is getting better.

Jolie - hope you get a good night sleep. I haven't bought anything yet. DH and I don't want any gift for xmas this year. I will ask for everyone to make a donation to the animal shelter I adapted my Brawler from (he passed 5 month ago to DM). There isn't anything I really need or really want. I am trying to be come a minimalist. Less is more. I probably will give my kids a gift card too. They can buy whatever they want. It gets harder every year to buy gifts for them. They really don't need anything either, they got everything.

Last edited:
Good morning,

SBF Active stretch 2 = 20 min + Lift 4 recovery stretch = 10 min is done.

Have a great Saturday, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals 2 circuits, 258 calories, met 6.0, 120 average heart rate,, 161 max heart rate, 1,970 steps. I also did Raw 6 and 60 abs add on, 11 minutes, 42 calories. Total time 50 minutes, 300 calories. I really like the 6 and 60 abs workout as Kelly alternates ab moves with various types of pushups 6 times. My husband and I went to get tires put on the Range Rover and went to the mexican restaurant next door to the tire place for lunch. I did pretty well there with a grilled shrimp dish on rice, with lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and avocado. Then I had a sopapilla :p I made some pie crusts and put them in the freezer this afternoon.

Belinda, it seems like I am seeing a lot more of family asking for donations for different causes for their birthdays. We are all so lucky to have have all of the things we do and the freedoms that we have.
Yes, curry can really stain. It would probably leave your invisaligns premanently yellow. I remember putting some in curry dish in a plastic container an had a terrible time getting the yellow out. Some things just seem to absorb it. I wanted to stretch this morning and did not have time. Maybe I will have time in the morning before church as tomorrow is really my rest day.

I had every intension of working out yesterday but I woke up to find my oldest son drove home from college to spend 1 day with me since he will not be home for Thanksgiving due to a football game. I love this kid! 10 hours each way and he didn't mind at all. Today I did get up before everyone and get a really good workout in, total body minus the abs because I ran out of time. I did each body part in a tri set fashion and did 3 rounds x 12 reps with no rest between sets. Workout was 1 hour and 4 minutes which included the STS warmup and I burned 464 calories. I am spent.

Back
1 Arm Rows- 22's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
DB Pullovers- 26's x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12

Chest
Chest Press- 22's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Chest Flies- 15's x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12

Shoulders
Seated Overhead Press - 17's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12
Rear Flies- 10's x 12

Biceps
Traditional Curls- 15's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12
W Curls- 12's x 12

Triceps
Lying Ext.- 12's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 12
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's x 12 ( could go heavier next time )

Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 18, x 13, x 12

Finishers
Alt. Bicep Curls- 15's x 20
Rear Flies- 8's x 20

I think I am going to sign up for Cathe Live again for December. I need to burn more calories and I get great calorie burns with her workouts. I looked on Youtube and she has so many more workouts since the last time I did them. I like to get ideas for when I put my own workouts together as well. Shoot, its only $10 per month and you get access to about 300 workouts.

Happy Sunday. Getting my son up and getting him on the road. He just needs to wait for a team mate to come from LA who is driving back to school with him.

Jolie, great workout. That is awesome that your son came for a one day visit. It is nice that he has someone riding back with him. I am sure you wanted to spend every moment that you could with him. I enjoyed Cathe Live while I had it, but felt I had tried all of them that I wanted to and wanted to keep just one streaming channel so kept Kelly. I wish Cathe had more lower ompact cardio without weight work mixed into it.

I am going to make a soup recipe from Whole 30 slow cooker cookbook. I think maybe the beef fajita soup. It is freezing outside today with drizzle and wind. I think it will be warmer tomorrow. I ended up dressing warm and pulling out boots for church this morning.

Today I did Kelly's Sculpting RX and did Workouk 1 for the 2nd time. I really love this workout, I think it's my favorite so far with her weight lifting workouts. I really feel it and had a great workout. I plan to take the week off after tomorrow so I will do one more workout this week and then have a rest week. My hamstrings and glute are still sore but getting better.

10 reps each exercise, each superset was done twice
Biceps/Legs
Hammer Curls (right, then left, then release) - 15's
Squat Out & Hold 3 Counts - 15's

Front Curls - 15's
Front Lunge on Step w/Knee raise - 12's

Alternate supinated Curls - 15's
Squat, Fold and Deadlift - 15's (love this exercise)

Back/Shoulders
One Arm Underhand Row - 20#
Front Raise - 15#

Overhand Bent over Row - 15's
Lateral Raise - 8's

Seated Rows from Feet - 15's
Shoulder Press 1 & 1.5 presses - 8's

Chest/Triceps
Flyes w/Pinky's together - 20's
Skull Crushers - 15's (these killed)

Bench Press - 20's
Alternate Seated Kickbacks - 8's (these killed as well)

Pushups - Holding the down position for about 3 seconds, this was tough
Dips - 3 pulses each rep

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 286 calories and did 1026 steps. HR was 126/170.

Jolie - Just curious - why are you setting up your Christmas tree if you guys are moving? I can't imagine it will take you all that long to sell it. I had to LOL at how early you are putting it up. We will put ours up probably after the first week of December. Nice job with your workouts! And I haven't gotten a present for one person yet. Yikes!! Amazon, here I come!!!

Belinda - The workouts you are doing look so fun. Is that an online subscription? I have to go back and read what you said about them, I know you already told us. Great workouts!!

Diane Sue - Nice job on your workouts. I'm thinking about doing the most recent cardio workout Kelly has on RAW. Is it high impact? I'll have to watch it tonight to see, I don't want to irritated my hamstring. It does feel better and I have used my foam roller quite a bit this weekend and after today's workout. It doesn't feel as tight as it was, but it still needs work.

Roselyn - Nice job on your leg workout. Have a great cardio workout today!

Roxie - Where you be? Hope you had a great weekend!

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in this weekend.

Week 2 Workout #5 Chest & Triceps Circuit = 39 Minutes. Sweat was just pouring down my face. Great workout.

Round 1:
4 exercises/10 reps/3x
Decline chest with glute bridge
Skull crusher
Rotating chest press
1 Arm triceps extrensiton

Round 2:
Chest press
Close grip tricep press
Chest fly
Tricep kickbacks

Burnout round: 30 sec/ 3 sets
Wide pushup
Tricep pushup

Abs: 30 sec /3 sets
Flutter kicks with crunches holding a DB
Windshield wipers

Stretch

Diane Sue - I think I mention it before? I bought a program it's called "Simplicity". I am downsizing and donating since last year. I been trying to simplify my life with less. Enjoy what's really important in life. Haven't done much since Brawler's passed :( DH said this morning he would help me go through stuff. Tonight we will set a timer and go through some stuff. Once that stuff is out the house, you really don't miss it. Their are other's out there that have nothing. I don't like to be a hoarder.

I will try to be back later.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 using 15# dbs, 43 minutes 285 calories, met 6.0, heart rate average 131, 162 max, 2,761 steps. I have two of my younger grandchildren here today so will come bck later.

Debbie, I posted the cardio sculpt overload workout on the 12th and it does not have impact, it alternates weights and cardio. The newer step workout is pretty low impact and she always offers modifications. I think it does have a bit of impact.

Belinda, nice workout today. I remember you mentioning the Simplicity program. Great your husband will help

Debbie, here is Cardio Sculpt overload rundown post:
Raw Cardio / Sculpt Overload Kelly wears a 6# weighted vest (optional) I used 12# and later in the workouts she mentions a 12#. She uses a light pair of dumbbells 8# and a 12# pair of dumbbells 30 seconds each exercise done 4 times This is all low impact.
cardio heel dig push
squat press 8# dbs
cardio
lateral raise reverse lunge 8# dbs (I used 5#)
cardio heel cross lateral leg raise
side lunge biceps curls 12# dbs (I think she light but picks up the heavier weight)
cardio football runs curtsy lunge
scale(1 leg dead lift) biceps curl 12# dbs
cardio crescent side kick step in
front lunge/squat/lunge press 8# db
cardio hamstring curl double inside toe tap
crunch with punches

Debbie, I put my Christmas tree up because my parents come to my house every year for Thanksgiving and my Mom and Dad just love it, so I do it for them! I just did a minimal tree so I don't have a lot to pack up when the house sells.

Today I did not workout, I went to bed last night with the worst pounding headache and it is still pounding. My doctor thinks it has to do with all of the hormone changes I am going through with Menopause, some women apparently get really bad headaches. It is 3:37pm and I am in my PJ's already. I guess this is a rest day!

Great job on the workouts ladies. I better start making a list what needs to be done before my parents get here on Wed. Yikes! It is Thanksgiving already, time flies! I have to say, I am very sore from my workout yesterday!

Jolie, both of my daughters put up their Christmas trees and decor by Thanksgiving most of the time. When I was at my youngest daughter's this weekend she had already set up some stuff and her tree was partially decorated. Sorry you had the headache that is hanging on. I hope you get a good nights sleep and it feels better.

Good Evening,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Cardio/Sculpt:Overload and holy smokes this was killer without a vest can’t imagine what it would be like with one.

Debbie-Belinda is doing Beach Body LiiFT it’s available only on demand. Good job today enjoy your rest week.

Jolie-we will be putting our tree up Thursday since we aren’t going anywhere for thanksgiving.

Diane-good job with that workout

Belinda-you make those workouts sound fun

Good morning,

Lift Week 2 Day 2. Back & Biceps 50/50 = 36 min is done.

Diane Sue - great job yesterday.

Debbie - yes, it's an online subscription. DH and I like the workouts, they are a lot of fun. Great job yesterday.

Roxie - I believe they are only on Demand. I will look it up for you. The workouts are very intense, fun and short. Good job this morning.

Jolie - enjoy your TG with your parents. I still haven't put up any xmas decorations. I still follow German tradition.I usually put up the tree right before Christmas Eve. I will take all the decorations down on Jan 6. I am old fashion. Sorry about your headache. Hope it's better.

Roslyn - nice job yesterday.

I need to get things done before I head to DC on Wednesday. I will try to be back tomorrow.

Today I did RAW Cardio Overload VI and wore my 10# vest but took weight out of it to make it more like 6#. Should have left it at 10#. I didn't think this was too hard, although Kelly was sweating like crazy. I did break a sweat but not like she did. I liked the workout and the floor work at the end, the push ups were hard with the vest on. I also added on some Russian Twists with my 8# med ball but did that after I finished the workout.

Workout was 34 minutes, burned 209 calories and HR was 122/146. Steps were 2483.

Belinda - I am also trying to downsize. It is hard to do. But you are right, once you get rid of crap, you don't really miss it. Funny how we are such a material world. Ridiculous really. Does the Beach Body online subscription work with Roku? Love hearing about others traditions for the holidays, thanks for sharing!! So cool that you are from Germany, I was born in Italy!!

Diane Sue - You didn't have to post the breakdown of that workout but I appreciate it. I was just going to go back and look as your posts as I know you just recently did the workouts and typed in all the info. I'm glad you do that, it gives me an idea of how the workout goes. Thank you for always taking the time in doing that!!! Great job on your workout yesterday!

Jolie - That's good of you to put the tree up for your parents. I bet it looks really pretty. So do you have any bids on your house yet? Have you guys found any place you'd like to buy? I have also had some really bad headaches lately and I'm hoping it's a menopausal thing. If not I have something really wrong with me!! My head hurts constantly anymore. My hot flashes have subsided, I have about 2 or 3 a day instead of one every 20 minutes so I guess that's good and I rarely sweat while sleeping anymore. Some days are worse than others though. Hope you are feeling better today.

Roxie - Nice job with your workout, I did that one today. I did VI, though, not sure if you did that one or the other one that's out there. Have fun putting your tree up!

Not sure if I will be checking in the rest of the week, so I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you and love checking in with you all each day!! Hope you all have a blessed week!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.