Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

This morning I managed a short workout doing Kelly Coffey Body Design Cardio Boot Camp and Yoga segments. I did not expect to squeeze anything in. We had a large group and two of my granddaughter's bought their boyfriends with them. 18 of us in all.

Nice job Diane Sue! I am being lazy until Monday.

I just signed up for 6 months of Beachbody!! It's on my Roku in my workout room and I cannot wait to start LIFT4 on Monday!!

Belinda and everyone, thanks for your help getting me set up for these workouts!! YAY!

I can't wait!!!!

Reactions: WD
This morning was just a long weight day. I did Kelly Coffey 30 Minutes to Muscle Definition premix full body compilation that sets it up into a giant set format, 88 minutes (actual 76 minutes) met 4.2, 408 calories, 831 steps (a lot is upper body) . That is all I am up for. I will do abs and cardio tomorrow.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Weights today for Muscle Definition full body (step with 2 risers and I used 15, 12, 10# dbs) Kelly's heavy was 12# I am not sure what the lighter weight was
Chest 2 sets of 4 moves
wide bench press 8 reps 15# dbs
alternating pump press 8 reps 15# dbs
flies 16 reps 12# dbs 2nd rnd 15# dbs
dumbbell rotation 8 reps 12# dbs 2nd round 15# dbs

legs 1 set
knee lunge 8 reps 15# dbs
single deadlift and squats 8 reps 15# dbs

back 2 sets
overhead dumbbell pull downs (catch and pull) 2 x each giant set 8 reps 12# db
pulse rows 16 reps 20# dbs dropped to 15# 2nd round
row rotations 15# dbs 16 reps per side
plies and pull back 15# dbs 16 reps

legs 1 set
wide deadlift and squat up 20# dbs 8 reps (I went heavier because in the regular workout this is immediately followed by shoulder work)
weighted knee lifts 15# db 16 reps per side

Shoulders 2 sets
front and side raises 10# dbs 16 reps
single bent over lateral raise 10# db 16 reps per side
scare crow upright row 10# dbs 8/8 reps

legs 1 set
seated knee tuck and adductors body weight
single leg bridges 16 reps

Biceps 1 set (followed by an insert of back 1 set and then repeated)
squat with hammer 15# dbs 16 reps
concentration curls 15# dbs 16 reps

back insert 1 set
rotation row 16 reps per side 15# dbs
plié row 16 15# dbs 16 reps

Biceps 1 set
squat with hammer 15# dbs 16 reps
concentration curls 15# dbs 16 reps per side
curl and long curl 10# dbs 16 reps (I have a tough time with long curls, particularly when she finishes off with both )
hammer curl across body 15# dbs 8 reps per side

legs and glutes
seated leg lifts (body weight)
weighted bridges 15# dbs

Triceps 2 sets
dips 24 reps
90% rotation and extensions 15# dbs 2nd set 12# dbs 8/8 reps
cross extensions and skull crushers 12# dbs 8/8 reps
straight arm lift backs 10# dbs, 2nd rnd 12# dbs 8 per side

Debbie, enjoy your weekend. When you get Beach Body on Demand can you do any workouts that you want from Beach Body? Like Beast and the others besides Lift?? I am not quite sure how it works.

Diane - It looks like it. I see all the workouts out there and it says "unlimited workouts" It is awesome how much is out there! I'm looking forward to trying it out. Holy smokes on your workout!! Nice job. I feel so lazy these last couple days but I need it. My hamstring and glute is feeling better so I hope I'm good to go by Monday.

Debbie, thank you. I am looking forward to what you find that you like from Beach Body on Demand. I hope that you are ready to go on Monday. I felt kind of that way yesterday, and I had two nights where I woke up with my left leg hurting from my knee down to my calf. I don't know what was up with that. It is not like that today. I have been slacking on my stretching due to so many mornings where I have had to rush to get done.

Good Evening,

I did Strong and Sweaty Giant Sets and I am sore today,it’s been a long time since I have done a Cathe weight workout.

Debbie-thank you for the advice

Diane Sue-I believe you get access to all the workouts they have

Good evening,

I am home again. My DD ordered a butterflied turkey breast from Whole Foods, had my daughter in law pick it up on Wednesday night. DD flight got delayed she was suppose to arrive in DC in the afternoon, well she arrived around 7 in the evening. Thanksgiving day we realized the turkey wasn't butterflied, it was a turkey breast with the bone in. DD called Whole Foods in the morning, they said her butterflied turkey is still sitting in the cooler. DD asked if they wanted the beast with the bone in back, the guy on the phone said she can keep it do what ever she wanted. When we went to Whole Foods not only did they gave us the butterflied turkey for free, but also put a surprise for the trouble inside the turkey breast :) When we open the turkey breast there were a few butterflied small turkey breasts. Whole Foods customer service is outstanding :)
DD or DS wanted the turkey breast w/the bone in, I ended up taking it home. It's in the oven right now.

Yesterday I ended up doing a Jenny Ford workout while the food was cooking. I did Lift shoulders this morning.

Debbie - you are so welcome!

Diane Sue - fantastic job on your workout.

I will catch up tomorrow on personals. Need to check on the turkey. Good night everyone.

My dryer quit this afternoon. Error code I looked up says it is the control panel that sears is selling for almost 300 dollars!!

Roxy, nice work on Total Body Giant sets. Thanks on the info. I have also been looking at Les Mills streaming. I thought they were 9.99 a month till I checked closer after putting the App on my Roku and they are 12.99 for USA.

Roselyn, I am sure you will get good use out of Beach Body. Are you still a coach? Maybe you get a discount.

Belinda, I purchased 3 Butterball Turkey Breasts with bone in. I have plenty left for use in other things :) Whole Foods should have good service. They cost extra for their food. I didn't know anyone had turkey breast without the bone other than those rolled up turkey roasts that have light and dark meat. That was nice that they gave you an extra surprise and let you keep the other. It sounds like you will have plenty too ;)

Good morning,

I just finished Week 2 Day 4. Legs – HIIT + SBF barre workout. I will try to write down the workouts later.

Debbie and Roslyn ,I hope you like the workouts as much as I do. That's cool we all doing the program together.

Diane Sue - the turkey was organic. I cooked it last night. I hope it's good. Wow, that's a lot of turkey, did you end up with leftovers? We had so much leftovers, it's not funny. Sorry about your dryer :(

Roxie - great job yesterday.

Doz - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

Off to get something done around the house. BBL!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush, 33 minutes, heart rate average 139, max 174, 2,084 steps, met 5.9. I then did Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Step Boxing horizontal mis, 40 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 176, 265 calories, met 6.0, 3,338 steps. Total time 73 minutes, 480 calories, 5,422 steps.

Belinda, nice lower body workout including the barre. Organic turkeys are so much money when you have as many people as I do. I put some turkey in the freezer. Leftovers is not too bad. Most of the food I sent home with those who brought it. I had turkey, potato salad, lemon pie, and deviled eggs left, so not too bad. I will use some of the turkey for turkey pot pie soup and other recipes. Maybe a curried turkey salad :) There is a recipe that I think is in Performance Paleo that I have made with chicken that was really good.

Diane Sue - I agree on the organic turkeys being so much more money when feeding a lot of people. I don't think Whole foods only has organic turkey's. I didn't see any others when we picked up the butterflied one. I cooked the turkey breast last night, we had some for lunch. I will freeze some for another day too. Your recipes sounds so good. Great job this morning.

Ok ,I am back! I have had company so no workouts the last two days. Today I signed up for Cathe Live and had the best workout! I did Buff Upper Body and loved it. Workout was 52 minutes but I added legs at the end so it was 1 hour 2 minutes. I burned 438 calories. I will be sore tomorrow!

Warm up
Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8 ( Giant Set )
Sweeping Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
Upright Rows- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
W Curls- 12's x 12, x 10, x 8

Finisher:
Isolation Bicep Curls- 10's x multi reps with holds

Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 10, x 10, x 10
Front Raise 2 arms- 8's x 8, x 8, x 8, x 8

Finisher:
Lateral Raises-
5's x 8 Side of leg- Hands Positioning
5's x 8 Front of leg
5's x 6 Side of leg
5's x 6 Front of leg
5's x 4 Side of leg
5's x 4 Front of leg
5's x 2 Side of leg
5's x 2 Front of leg
5's x alternating singles from side to front 6 rounds!!!!!

Lying Triceps Ext- 10's x 12, x 10, x 10 ( Giant Set )
Cross Body Ext.- 10's x 12, x 10, x 10
Kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 10, x 10

Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8 ( Giant Set )
Chest Fliess- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8
DB Pull Overs- 24# x 12, x 10, x 8
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Finisher:
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 6, x 4

ABS

Leg Ext.- 50# x 20, x 16, x 14, x 11

WOW!

Debbie, I cant wait to hear your feedback about the program you just signed up for with BeachBody. It is so fun getting new workouts to ease how bored we get over time doing the same ones over and over again. I have to loose about 8 pounds so I thought I would go for workouts with a higher calorie burn than I have been doing lately. If you like the workout I may sign up at the beginning of the year. I want to see what you calorie burns are like first. :)

Diane Sue, that weight workout you did was insane!!! I hope you had a nice holiday with your family.

Belinda, great job on the workouts. I cant wait to see what Debbie thinks of them too!

Roxy, I hope you had a great holiday and nice workout too!

Roselyn, are you going to do the same workout as Belinda and Debbie or are you going to do a different program?

Doz, nice to see you!

Have a wonderful weekend. I plan on working out tomorrow if possible and then on Monday I get my implant! I am so nervouse but I am sure it will be fine. They are giving me a sleeping pill to take the edge off so my husband has to take me to drive me home. I suppose I will sleep all day after the surgery. I am sure they wont want me working out the next day so I may just so an easy walk.

Good Afternoon,

Working today.

Jolie-My doctor says she lifts weights five days a week and does very little cardio to lose weight

Good Evening,

KCM Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion after working ten hours today. We are expecting a blizzard tomorrow hopefully they are wrong.

Good morning,

I never posted Friday's workout.

Week 2 Day 3. Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals = 32 min,

10 reps, 30 sec Hiit/ 3 sets
Side raise
Shoulder press
Soccer runs

Front raise
Shoulder flies
Catchers

Y raises
Upright rows
Squat jumps

Core :30 sec each/2 sets/15 sec rest
alternating leg twists
Rope climbs w/feet in the air

Bonus round: 30 sec of:
alternating leg twists

Stretch

Roxie - that is interesting about your doctor. Great job yesterday.

I will try to write done the day 4 leg HiiT. It was all cardio based. No weights.

I have run some errands. BBL!

Good Morning,

It was 61 degrees today and snowing today we are suppose to get 7-11”. Total Body Stretching forgot how good this one was. I have a snow drift in front of my front door and one by my patio doors and they have closed the highways around us because there have been a lot of accidents because people don’t know how to stay home.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.