Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

Rest day today. I did 15 minutes of Coffey Fit Raw stretch before I went out to church. That is it :)

Belinda, nice workout :)

Roxie, I remember us having a really warm day here and just the time in the grocery store and coming out to the car turned into sleet. Funny how a day can be like that. It was colder when we came out of church than it was when we went in today. So extremely windy today. Leaves and trash everywhere and peoples yard decor blowing around.

Jolie, nice workout. Good luck with the dental work Monday. I hope all goes well for you.

I am back!! Could not wait to do this mornings workout and it was awesome! I did the first workout of LIIFT 4 - Chest & Triceps. Holy smokes, what a great workout. Had a combination of both heavy lifting and cardio plus abs which I am so glad abs are included in these workouts.

Belinda, nice job finding this series! I know I will love doing it.

LIIFT 4 Chest & Back

3 sets/10 reps with little rest
SS #1
Chest Press: 25's
Skull Crushers: 15's

SS #2
Chest Fly: 20's
Close Grip Triceps Press: 20's/20's/15's (tri's were toast!)

SS #3
Rotating Chest Press: 25's/25's/20's
Triceps Pushups: Did on toes

HiiT: 3 sets/60 seconds each exercise
Soccer Ball Kicks
Mountain Climbers
Catcher Squat
(Those were fun and tough, I always have trouble with Mntn Climbers)

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Rope Climb
Windshield Wipers (felt this in my obliques big time)

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 279 calories and HR was 132/171. I also walked on my treadmill for a half mile.

Loved this workout, I can't wait for the next one. I think I'll be doing LIIFT on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays with Wednesday being my cardio day. If my right hamstring EVER HEALS I will do some jogging with the extra time I have left after these workouts. I cannot believe my hamstring and glute is still causing me issues. I rested most of the week and used my foam roller each evening. It started feeling better and today it's all tight again. I don't get it. I hope I can run on Wednesday.

Nice job with your workouts and I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was really good, celebrated three times! Yikes. I ate like a pig and am so glad to be back on track today.

I am at work so I don't have time for personals. You all had some kick butt workouts during the holidays, though! Nice going!!! I'll try to be back later.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

DH and I will go to Miami on Thursday, it's our 35th Anniversary. I am not sure about the internet connection at the hotel. This morning I wrote down all the exercises for week 4 D 1 to see if we can do in case we run into a internet problem :) I found a timer online for the burnout set and abs. It kicked my butt this morning.

W4 D1 Chest & Tripcs:
Set 1: 10 reps/3x
Chest Press
Tricep Press
Flys
Tricep Kickbacks

Set 2: 10 reps/3x
Decline Press
Skull Crushers
Rotating Chest Press
Single Side Crushers

Burnout Round: 3 rounds/15 sec rest between each round
Wide pushups – 30 sec
Tricep pushups – 30 sec
My triceps were fried at this point.

Core: 3x
Reaching Situps– 30 sec
Bicycle Twists – 30 sec

Stretch

Jolie - I will be thinking about you today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Last edited:
Debbie - good job this morning. So glad you like them. they are a lot of fun. I also had to drop the triceps from 20's to 15 today.

Last edited:
bulk back and shoulders

what diet do you all follow I have been very low carb and my bp went up!! i thought keto was good for things like that i was 116/70 and today at doc 129/80 I have noticed i have not been eating mnay veggies/fruits lately time to get my diet right so any suggestions appreciated

I am slow getting here today. I took time out before my workout to clean out the cabinet where the washer and dryer is so when they deliver the new dryer in the morning it is all ready to go. I am not sure how getting a workout in in the morning will be as they are delivering the dryer anywhere from 9-12. Actually one of the things said 7 am:rolleyes:
This morning I did Kelly Coffey Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion, 26 minutes, 166 calories, met 5.8, 1,893 steps, heart rate average 134, max 165. I then did Build and Burn Lower Body Tabata, 27 minutes, met 4.7, 140 calories, heart rate 118 average, 157 max, 1,153 steps. I finished off with Cathe's Fit Tower Advanced Legs, GLutes, and core skipping the warm up and core, 28 minutes , met 3.5, 95 calories, 82 steps. I wore 2# ankle weights whild doing this. Total time was 81 minutes, 401 calories burned. I keep having issues with my neck and shoulders. Crackling when I turn my head and so much pain. This comes and goes and is quite upsetting. I think maybe my running out of my prescription arthritis med, my magnesium and calcium supplement and cutting back on some things may not have been a great idea. I still have not refilled the prescription. I was contemplating not taking it anymore. I had cut down to 1 pill instead of 2 a day so I was not so wiped out during the day, then tried to spread the rest of the bottle out. I did try to order the day before Thanksgiving and they were closed. I have them mail them because I do not want to drive to the next city to pick them up. Not that far, but still not close to my house. Probably the pie and sweets did not help the inflammation. 3 days straight of trying to get the pain to go away I did no overhead presses and upright rows with the kettlebell this morning. Nope, not happening! Better right now and hopefully I can avoid tensing up in the area.

Roselyn, have you switched any supplements that may be affecting your blood pressure? Generally Keto lowers blood pressure. Mine goes up a bit if I use much caffeine or purchase pre-workout drinks. I found when I was using the Ancient Nutrition pre workout drink mine went up significantly. I use Ashwagandha which should lower it, but the other things will bring it up.

Debbie, the workout sounds great and bet you were glad to be back to working out. I hope there is nothing serious going on with your hamstring and glute. I am glad that you loved the workout.

Belinda, nice work today. I bet you will have fun in Miami. I have one of those Gym Boss timers, but it seems when I decide to use it, I have to get out instructions and put a new battery in it. I just do not use it much anymore. A few years ago I was doing some timed workouts that were book workouts and using my own music. Then, I just did not feel like doing that anymore.

I forgot to put my weights down for Tabata lower body :)
banded side steps blue firewalker loop
kickstand deadlifts 15# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
squat variations 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps 2 regular stance 2 with dumbbells held more to one side
side lunge with knee pull 4 sets body weight
front back lunges 20# dbs 6,6,6,6 reps
split stance plyo pops body weight 4 sets
plie variations 15# dbs 4 sets
wide stance deadlift squat ups 20# dbs 4 sets
bridges 8 sets I used 15# db on hips

I made it through my implant surgery A OK! It really wasn't that bad and I am doing great. I haven't even needed to take a pain pill or do any icing like they suggested. I will take an Aleve tonight so I can sleep well but I think I am doing great considering what they had to do. I am not allowed to workout tomorrow so I might do a short walk. I have some stitches so they do not want me to get my heart rate up yet.

Great workouts everyone! That new series on BB on Demand that you all are doing looks great. I would do it but I cant really do the HIIT part due to the impact and other things that hurt my shoulder and toes.

I will check back in tomorrow. Have a nice evening.

Jolie, so glad everything went well with your surgery. I hope you get a good night sleep and get lots of rest.

There is a modifier for the HiiT part. DH and I can't do high impact anymore, we modify the heck out of the HiiT part. Today I have done the workout without the video, just wrote all the exercises down. It kicked my butt.

Diane Sue - I used a timer on google. It worked out well. I probably will use my iPhone while in Fl if you don't have a good internet connection. I also signed up for LM free 30 Day trail. I am good. Great job on your workouts today.

Diane this morning it was 113/70 so who knows i do use a preworkout but it has always been ok i have been taking alot of ibuprofen for my hip that was hurting almost daily i read that can affect too, hip is better so i am trying not to take that as for other caffeine I don't drink too much I will just have to watch

today was bulk chest and a little hiit

debbie how do you like BB on demand

Today was LIIFT 4 Back & Biceps. Awesome workout!! I am so sore from yesterday's workout that it was hard getting started, but once I was warmed up I was good to go. I do think these workouts need a longer warmup, I may start doing a Cathe warmup before I start these workouts in the future.

3 sets/10 reps hardly any rest

Round 1
Wide Double Arm Row: 15's
W Curls: 15's
Double Arm Rows: 20's
Hammer Curls: 15's
(I was dying by the 3rd set!)

Round 2
Pullover: 25#
Bottom Curls: 15's
Reverse Fly: 15's
Top Curls: 15's
(Holy Smokes!)

Burn Out Set - 3 sets/30 seconds
Supermans (I actually did these!)
Biceps Curls: 12's

Abs - 3 sets/30 seconds
Situp w/ alternate elbow to knee
Elbow Plank Hold
(Why is there no timer for these? LOL!)

Great workout, no HiiT in this one.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 212 calories. HR was 118/138 but it felt much higher than that. Not sure why? I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

My Glute and Hamstring still hurts - not really painful, but uncomfortable. Like you feel after you do Cathe's hamstring work on the step, the one where you put your heels on the step and press up. You know how you feel the next day after dong those? That's how I'm feeling constantly right now. It happened when I did Kelly's RAW Hips/Glutes. How on earth does doing pizza press and hydrants make you feel like this? What could I have possibly done? I didn't even wear ankle weights. Weird...

Belinda - Nice job with you workout!! These are tough, I am really liking it so far! You show that you are on Week 4, aren't you on Week 3? Maybe it was a mistype or the days are going by way faster than I think!? Wow on going to Miami!! I hope you guys have fun, I've never been there. Heck, I hardly ever get out of Ohio. We like Michigan so we go there a lot.

Diane - Nice workout, you got it done even if it was later. Hope you can workout today. I hate waiting for people to come to the house to do stuff, they are never on time!!

Roselyn - I eat in moderation and I seem to be able to keep my weight between 125-128#. I keep track with Myfitnesspal and eat clean 80% of the time I would guess. I eat a lot of carbs and luckily my body processes them easily. Be careful with that keto diet. I've read some negative things about it. And I LOVE BB on Demand! So many workout series out there.

Jolie - Glad your surgery went well. I had stitches in my mouth too. You might feel it a bit more today so be warned. I remember the 2nd day was the worst but it really wasn't all that bad to begin with. Glad that part is over for you! And you can do this LIIFT no problem. The HiiT is quick and you can modify. I don't do high impact anymore either.

Roxie - Hope you are doing well!

DOZ - Where are you? I thought you were coming back on Sunday. Come on girl, get your workouts on!!! :)

Debbie - LOL, I made a mistake! I am on W3 not W4 :( The workout I did yesterday was W4. Yesterday marked 5 month since Brawler passed away :( I was a mess yesterday. Thanks for letting me know. DH had a doc appointment this morning. I will do W3 D2 tonight. Those workouts get you good, hah? I am sore from yesterday's workout. LOL! I love them!

Last edited:
Quick check and I will come back. I had the dryer delivered early this morning and got some laundry started. I signed up for the 30 day trial of Les Mills on Demand and got that set up with my Roku after the dryer was set up. I did Combat and yoga #2 , 352 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 127, max 168, 3,453 steps, actual workout is 61 minutes but I skipped the meditatin at the end so it was 54 minutes for me. . I then went to the Short workouts on Les Mills on Demand and did CXWorx ab blast #23, 15 minutes, 53 calories, met 3.2. I think the short workouts are remixes from other workouts. I really liked it. Thought I would do more abs, but this was tough enough. Total time was 69 minutes, 405 calories. I loved the workouts and there is so much variety on Les Mills on Demand. I will have to look at some of the other styles of workouts and weight work. This was last minute and not planned out this morning.

Hey everyone,

I did BollyX LIT (Low Impact) - Full Length Live Recorded Class - Boston, MA = 50 min.

Diane Sue - can you see all the workouts? I don't think they are all there, I think we only have limit access. Good job today. Yeah, on the dryer.

I will be back later to post my weight workout.

Jolie, that is great that things went well. Yes, they almost always tell you not to workout because it increases circulation and blood flow to the area. I am glad that you are doing so well.

Belinda, I am not sure on seeing all of the workouts. It looked like there were plenty, but I really did not go through all of the categories to see what there is. I will probably look a bit this evening. It says free, but they took a dollar out of my paypal account. Not that I am complaining. I just didn't expect it. I thought it said we would have full access. I know BB did that with limited access and shorter versions of the workouts from what I have read when you got the free trial.

Roselyn, I have been taking lots of ibuprofen and Excedrin lately because of the neck and trap area. I have noticed a bit of elevated heart rate which could be attributed to the Excedrin caffeine and some fluid retention. I am trying to not take it today. It feels somewhat better unless I spend too much time at once on this computer. Maybe you can make a few adjustments and see what it does for you.

Debbie, nice workout again. I had everything set up to do the workout early and allow enough time for a shower, and they called at at 7:15 and said they would be here in about 30 minutes. I rushed to get dressed and they showed up an hour later. My husband left work early and had to battle traffic just so he could get his vehicle out of the garage so they could come through that way. That was a big difference from the final confirmation that had said 9-12. I have read Keto is good for some people, but with some it can cause health issues. I still prefer Paleo that allows some fruit and wide selection of veggies. It is not over the top on anything. I bought some Keto protein powder from Ancient Nutrition and am a bit put off by all of the fat in it. I tried, and it leaves me so lethargic and no energy and I feel fat!!

SOrry got to run and get my grandson, his Dad is caught up running late.

Good evening,

Just finished W3 D2 Biceps/Back.

Round 1: 10 reps/3x
Pullovers 25#/25#/20's
Top Curls 15's/15's/12's
Reverse Flys 12's
Bottom Curls 15's/15's/12's

Round 2 : 10 reps/3x
Wide Rows 12's
Wide Curls 15's/12's/12's
Rows 20's
Hammer Curls 15's

Burnout Round: 3x/30 sec
Supermans
Full Bicep Curls 12's

Core: 3x/30 sec
Dumbell Crunch 10's
Bicycle

Cooldown

Diane Sue - let me know if you see all the workouts. That is weird, they charged you $1. I have a $1 pending.

Jolie - how are you doing?

Roslyn - I am on the Invisalign diet. I can't hardly eat, my teeth are so sore. I don't eat all my daily cal. I am always under. Eating lots of soft food or anything that doesn't require lots of chewing.

Good night, everyone.

take care jolie

i am so interested in bb birthday this week so might be a gift i ask for also les mills always interested me what happens after trial diane

Roselyn, I either cancel before the 26th or they automatically pull the monthly fee out of my Pay Pal account. If I love it I may keep it for awhile.

Good morning,

W3 D3 Shoulder is done. My rotator cuff been bordering me, I kept the weights light.

Round 1: 3 x/10 reps/30 sec
Front Raises 10's
Upright rows 10's could have gone heavier.
Alternating Jump Lunges

Round 2: 3x/10 reps/30 sec
Side Raises 10's
Shoulder Press 10's could have gone heavier
Speed Skaters

Round 3: 3x/10 reps/30 sec
Shoulder Chest Press 8's those are tough!
Swimmers 5's those burned big times
Squat Jumps

Core: 3x/30sec
Weighted Side Crunch
Windshield wipers

Stretch

It's 31 degree outside and snowing, BBL!

Last edited:
Belinda, I looked over Les Mills last night. There are lots of workouts. Choose a category and click all, some of them have more pages of workouts, when you scroll down and click more. Lots of categories there. I was hoping for body part strength, I am not sure they have that other than in short workouts that are compilations from others like the abs I did yesterday. Most are only around 10 to 15 minutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.