Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

debbie, my hip was hurting along with groin tightness (could be athritis ) but I am more diligent with my calcium and magnesium also I take powdered collagen in my tea it seems much better, I made an appointment with an ortho doc and then it seems so much better I think I will still go

Reactions: WD
No workout today. It was after noon when I was done present wrapping. I came home and had some things to do and my husband was off today. I laid on the couch and watch a couple of Christmas movies with him, then ran out on an errand. I really just felt like relaxing the rest of the day. That trap and neck area still hurts. I could feel it stinging when I got up this morning. I have not had to take anything for it though. A bit of use of my therapy balls and stretching along with tiger balm and it feels better for awhile. I will workout in the morning.

Debbie, I am sorry you are having those tight area problems. I really hate when I have to work around something. I see lots of those Les Mills workouts that I want to try, but so much shoulder stuff. It seems most of them have clean and press in them somewhere. I have had to omit the clean and press and just stop at the squat and clean for the warm ups. I love it when I have the time to do all of Kellys Raw stretch. She has 3 new workouts coming out. From my understanding the 19.95 covers Cathe on Demand and Live. There is an app for each on Roku. It seems like so much when you can just purchase one of the workouts for that price. For one thing I don't think that you get the pre mixes with on demand and I use those a lot. It is one of the reasons I love the dvds because I can find ways to work different body parts when needed. That is why I ended up purchasing the Ice dvds one at a time. I did buy the To the Mat one to complete the set, but have hardly used it.

Jolie, nice workout. I cannot always find the white sweets. We had another store that I purchased Japanese sweets and they were white. Later I bought Japanese yam and they were really sweet and yellow. There is a difference between sweets and yams. I had to look it up. Purple sweet potatoes are full of nutrients. They are a bit off putting when you look at the color. I found a cookie recipe that used them and made pretty purple cookies without food color :) I liked them roasted. I made a sweet and salty broccoli salad from Well Fed 2 cookbook yesterday and had that for lunch when I got home. I decided I needed to do something with all of these fresh veggies I purchased before they go bad. Yesterday I threw some leftover turkey into the broccoli salad. It has some Whole 30 bacon, dried cranberries or raisins and nuts (I used walnuts) I also use Primal Kitchen Chipotle mayo in the dressing because I didn't want to make my usual homemade mayo. It worked fine.

Roselyn, I remember looking at all of the coach info and stuff a long time ago. Don't you pay some fee to be a coach, but get discounts on everything? I am not sure now since they seem more geared to just streaming when I look at their website. I couldn't even find the forums that I used to check in on.

Roxie, I hope you can find the trainer that you need. I know there are those that get someone to work with them online as well. I have seen people that had good results that way too. A lot is determined on the client and how honest they are with what they are doing and if they follow directions well.

This morning I did Les Mills Body Step on Demand Express #112, 38 minutes, met 5.5 (surprising), 231 calories, 2,370 steps, 119 average heart rate, 152 max. I wish when they break the workouts down to shorter versions they let you know when equipment is changed. They had started with the step vertical and I found myself still trying to do a turn and over the step move vertical and having difficulty and then when the gave a shot back of their steps they had turned it horizontal. I then did Les Mills Barre 2 (part of it). This was ballet type moves that built in intensity and each group of moves was increased in speed before moving on. It was pretty active and they piked up light weight plates ( I used 3# and a 5# dumbbell for this) She did upper moves with the ballet type moves. Then she hit the last part that was a variety of the moves with spins and dance type moves. I was losing my direction and balance so quit. It was not what I had hoped. This was 25 minutes, met 5.0, 139 calories, heart rate 109 average, 148 max, 778 steps. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 24 minutes, met 3.0, 79 calories, heart rate average 91, max 111, 188 steps.
I finished with Les Mills Short Body Flow 17 minutes, met 2.0, 38 calories. This one was kind of blurry, I think because the set had big lights behind them and when it would move down to the floor the lights bounced off the camera. Not as great a stretch as the other two I have done. 486 calories, 1 hr 45 minutes.

Today I did Les Mills Sprint just added workout on my spin bike, 33 minutes, 223 calories, 6.71 miles, heart rate average 126, max 160. I really loved this. I like the music and they switch instructors for each track who are really motivational. I like the countdown timers for each track and which track number it is on the screen. I will be doing more of these. :)

Sorry I did not check in over the weekend, It was jammed packed. I walked Saturday and Sunday, 5 miles each day and burned approx. 780 calories per walk. I have my dental implant check up today so I will not be working out since I will not have the time. So today will be a rest day for the week. Also, I lost my computer charger so I have to order on Amazon and get it asap so I can do the Cathe Live Workouts.

Diane Sue nice job on the workouts this past weekend. How did you like the Les Mills spin bike workout? good job on the miles!!!

I will check back in later to read all of the posts.

Good morning, W4 chest/triceps plus walk on the beach is done.

Great job on your workouts every one. Having a blast in Miami.

I will check in and come back. I need to get showered and a couple of things done and go pick up my granddaughter from school. I started with Coffey Fit Raw Real raw workout, 41 minutes( a bit longer because I wrote things down) , 203 calories, heart rate average 99, max 141, 1,005 steps. I then did Les Mills on Demand Combat and Core #1, 48 minutes, 3,292 steps, met 5.9 312 calories, heart rate average 129, max 166 I was surprised that there was no stretch on this one. I guess I have been adding a short yoga from Les Mills though or doing a workout with yoga incorporated.
Total time 89 minutes, 515 calories burned.
I loved the Real Raw workout. Kelly warms up with ropes and non weighted squats. I just did my own moves and breaks with the squats to warm up. she uses 12.5# and 5# dbs, a 15,20,and 30# kettlebell along with a bench. Great music!
warm up times I think 30 seconds?
12.5# db (I used 15#) 1 arm db rows quick paced all on the right then all on the left
20# kettlebell 1 arm rows all right then all left
12.5# db ( I used 15#) 1 arm curl all right then all left
15# kettlebell 1 arm curls all right then all left
Bench 2 sets bench press 12.5# dbs (I used 15#dbs)
15# kettlebell single arm bench press (kelling is singing along with Nothing but a good time :) )
body weight squats with knee up
15# kettlebell squat
20# kettlebell squat
squat knee turn turn
boxing side to side punch center punch
5# dbs side to side punch
repeat boxing no weight and 5# boxing
Kettlebell swings 15#, 20#, 30# (mine is 30.8 ), then 15# american swings
Bench triceps extensions 12.5# dbs (me 12#)
15# kettlebell lying triceps extension with leg extension
20# kettlebell lying triceps extension with leg extension
30# kettlebell lying extension
lateral raise kelly 12.5# (me 10#dbs) 2 sets
20# kettlebell alternating hand upright row 2 sets
boxing hooks then speed hooks
upper cuts then speed upper cuts
single leg deadlift (scales I think is what Kelly calls it) 15# kettlebll, 20# kettlebell, 30# kettlebell
abs on bench 15# kettlebell get ups 2 sets
sit ups with 15# kettlebell this is better on the floor as my bench is long enough to have my feet out in front of me

Today I started Week 2 of LIIFT4 and worked my Chest & Tri's. Holy smokes, what a great workout. most of it was down on the floor so I was worried I wouldn't get much in calorie burn, but I burned an impressive amount. Workout was fun!

3 sets/10 reps per circuit round
Round 1
Decline Chest Press w/Bridge: 20's
Skull Crushers: 15's
Rotating Chest Press: 20's
Cross Body Extensions: 12#
(I was done by the 3rd set!)

Round 2
Chest Press: 20's
Close Grip Triceps Press: 15's
Chest Fly: 20's
Triceps Kickbacks: 8's
(Another tough quad set, OMG)

Burnout Round
Wide Pushups
Triceps Pushups
3 sets 30 seconds each with minimal rest. I could not keep going on these, they were HARD!!!

Abs:
Flutter Kicks w/weighted Crunch: 8#
Windshield Wipers
3 sets/30 seconds each with minimal rest.
(Love the ab work that is included in these workouts)

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 300 calories and my HR was 139/172.

Walked on my treadmill for only .5 miles just to get some steps in.

I am late because I had an event at work to do this morning so I don't have time for personals. I will try to come back later. Nice workouts everyone!

Hello :)

Yesterday’s workout, Cardio Coach ‘press play’

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach #2 37 minutes and STS week ☝️ chest shoulders & biceps I tell you it felted good to lift again.

You guys been on it; way to much to caught up on. Moving onward from this point on. See you all tomorrow :)

Good Evening,

So I decided against the trainer because we might have to pay part of mother inlaws rent which really pisses me off. I want to workout tonight but I have major migraine and the stuff my dr prescribed is no longer available. Jolie I am counting on you to keep me accountable.

Belinda, nice job getting some workouts in and beach walking :) It is cold here, I could use some beach walking :)

Jolie, nice job on the walks. I really liked the Les Mills Sprint that I did. You get multiple instructors leading each track. The music is great, the instructors are motivating. I like that they give a rundown of the moves and music tracks for each of them in their description. It has a timer and which track number on the screen which really helps to push knowing how long you have left. We had to order a new charger for one of our laptops recently. I need to get a new battery for mine. I let my granddaughter do Google classroom stuff today and she accidentally unplugged it and it shut down.

Debbie, great job with the Lift workout and the calorie burn.

Doz, welcome back !! Nice work on the cardio coach and STS.

Roxie, it sounds like the stress would be part of the cause of the migraine. Hope it gets better. Hope you can get in a workout tomorrow.

Today was LIIFT4 Back and Biceps. Had a great workout, this one was tough. Lifting first, then HiiT. I don't care much for HiiT but it's so short that I do it. I do the moderated versions, though, can't take all that impact.

3 sets/10 reps each, minimal rest
SS #1

Dumbbell Rows: 25's
Revers Fly: 15's

SS #2
Wide Arm Rows: 15's
Hammer Curls: 15's

SS #3
Biceps Curl: 15's
Wide Biceps Curl: 15's

HiiT: 60 seconds on/15 seconds rest
Single Leg Squat Jump
Twisting Mountain Climbers
180 Degree Jumps
Did the moderation for all of these. Still very tough.

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds each
Oblique side Crunches
Full Planks with Shoulder taps (I ended up doing elbow planks, full planks hurts my shoulders)

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 226 calories and HR was 122/153.

Also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile and burned an additional 114 calories. Did 2427 steps.

The magnesium seems to be helping because my hamstrings and glutes aren't nearly as tight as they were. They still get tight when I workout, but it is subsiding. I'm hoping to at least do a Cardio Coach workout tomorrow but I might have to keep it at a slow jog for sprints and stuff. We'll see.

Also, can you all keep my brother-in-law in your prayers? I can't go into details here, but he is in a situation that he should not be in and I really need prayers out there for him. His first name is Will. Thank you!

DOZ - So glad to see you back. Nice job on your workouts!! Woo hoo!!!

Diane - Nice job with your workout yesterday, impressive!! With the sprinting workout you did, can you do that on the treadmill? Do they make workouts for a treadmill? That sounded like a lot of fun workout. I will have to look into Cathe on Demand, I'll maybe join after the new year or when I want a change. You and your DH watched some Christmas movies last week, me and my DH watched Terminator and T2 on Saturday night. It was so fun to watch those two movies again, I love them!! Just a fun night.

Jolie - Glad you got some walking in, nice job!! Hope you get your charger soon.

Roxie - Sorry to hear about you having to pay half the rent for your in-laws. Sometimes we have to do things like that because of family, it happens. I hope it's not for a long period of time, however. What workout are you going to do today? You should do these LIIFT4 workouts, you would love them. Great fat burning workouts. I know cost is probably an issue, but if you can find $60 extra dollars somewhere, I say join for 6 months and then cancel. There is so much out there to choose from.

Belinda - Sounds like heaven where you are!! Wish I could walk on the beach!! LOL!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good Morning,

I did 4 Days Chest & Back this morning didn’t do a warm up wish I had.

Superman’s
Back One Arm Row-1x12 each side
Back One Arm Dumbbell Row -20’s
Chest Pushups 1 Full 2 Partial-knees
Back Under Hand Row-2set of 7 should have went heavier
Chest Incline Chest Fly-12’s
Back One Arm Row (wide fly)-15’s
Chest Decline Pushups-Knees
Back Incline Pullovers-12’s
Chest-Incline Press-12’s
Back T-Band Flyes-green band
Chest-Pushups Around The Clock do not like these
Then a Stretch but it was more for Legs and not upper body which I don’t understand.

Debbie-trust me BB is on my radar. We will hay to pay until she passes and this women has died at least four times but she keeps coming back. Prayers for your BIL.

Diane Sue-most definitely stress and bad shoes making my feet hurt which makes my head hurt.

Today I started with STS Meso 2 warm up, I love this one! Next I jumped on the elliptical and ran 1.5 miles, interval mode, 2 minutes high incline high resistance, 2 minutes low incline lower resistance. 15 minutes. Then I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body Express, includes ABS. No rest between sets, WOW! Total workout was 1 hour 6 minutes and I burned 548 calories!

STS Warm Up
1 Arm Row- 25# x 12, x 12 ( 2 rounds of each mini circuit )
DB Pull Overs- 24# x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 16

Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 12
Alt. Curls with twist- 15's x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 12# x 16, x 16

Bench Press- 20's x 12, x 12
Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 16!!!!

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12
kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 12
Triceps Cable Pull Downs- 30# x 16, x 16

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12, x 12
Rear Flies- 8's x 12, x 12
Lateral Raise- 8's x 16, x 16

ABS

Debbie, I am glad you are feeling better and up to trying to run tomorrow. Magnisium does wonders for your muscles, brain and sleep. Nice job on you workout today it looks like a lot of fun.

Roxie, Good job on the Chest and Back 4 day workout today! You can do it and so can I! I started doing my cardio first so I dont talk myself out of it like I like to do...:(

DOZ, welcome back!!!

Belinda, I am so glad that you are having a nice trip!

Diane Sue, I will check back in later to read your post. I hope you have a great workout today.

Did you all notice that I did my cardio first today so I wouldn't talk myself out of doing it after I lift like I always do! That is my plan going forward and it is a nice warm up too.

Have a nice day. My oral surgen said I can now do whatever I want for working out going forward!!!

This morning I did Les Mills RPM #78, 44 minutes on the spin bike. My bike gave me 408 calories. I used Map My Fitness which gave me 302 calories, met 5.8 which I think was the most accurate as the Fit Bit gave me 190 :rolleyes: 11.11 miles. This never gives me a lot of steps, as I got in 1419. I then did Les Mills Body Flow #80 strength (yoga) 37 minutes, met 2.2 90 calories. Total time 84 minutes, 392 calories. I am tired today. Not enough sleep. I got a little over 5 hours since I went to bed so late and then was woke up at 5:30.
RPM 80 had 8 tracks varying from 4 minutes to 7 minutes final less than 3 minutes.
1. Pack ride
2. Pace
3. Hills
4. Mixed terrain
5. Intervals
6.Speed Work
7. Mountain Climb
8. Ride home/ stretch

Debbie, I do not think that there is a treadmill workout on the Les Mills on Demand. Well, Sunday we watched the new Mission Impossible. We also watched a couple of the Rocky movies. We have all of the Terminator movies :) I will keep your brother in law in my prayers. It is hard when our family members are having problems and we cannot do much to save them from themselves. I need to pick up some more magnesium. I have been out for a couple of weeks and have wondered if it isn't affecting my joints. It keeps me from getting those leg cramps at night. There are various kinds of magnesium that tend to help different things.

Roxie, nice workout today. I hope the migraine is better.

Last edited:
Please keep the prayers coming for my brother-in-law, Will, until Thursday. I really appreciate it.

So I did Yoga Stretch last night in hopes of being able to run this morning. I tried to do Cardio Coach 1 and that would be a big no. Didn't work. As soon as I started my steady state, the tightness in my right hamstring was back. But the good news is, my glute seems to be ok and my left side is fine. So I guess it's just a matter of letting it heal all the way. Maybe I'll take the rest of December off from running and hopefully start back ready to go in January. I hate to not run for that long, but this isn't going away if I keep irritating it. So bummed about this, though. It felt good to just do that 3 minutes of steady state that I attempted. I will never do RAW Hips and Glutes again. I have no clue how this could have happened doing that workout? Very weird.

Workout was 31 minutes, walked 1.59 miles, burned 179 calories and went 3757 steps. HR was 94/175 but really it hovered in the 80's during the walking part which was most of the workout. And I do't think it ever reached 175 bpm, not sure what that is all about.

I finished off with Yoga Stretch again so at least I got the stretching in a couple times. Need to keep up with it. I wanted to try the LIIFT4 stretch and I will one of these days. I just know Yoga Stretch is tried and true for me, it really works wonders on my body.

Roxie - I'm sensing no love lost there between you and your mother-in-law. Sorry to hear that. I hope things go well and that you guys won't be strapped for money helping her with her rent. Excellent job on that workout yesterday! Now we're talkin'!!! You killed it.

Diane - Nice going with that LM workout, those look really fun. Sort of wish I had a spin bike but I have no more room in my workout room. I just purchased a stationary punching bag for my mom and brother to give to me for Christmas and I'm having a hard time finding a place for that. Can't wait to try it out! Anyways, great job with your workout, that looked tough. It is very hard watching my BIL go through this, you would all drop your chins to the ground if you knew. He is a good man and does not deserve any of what he is going through. I appreciate the prayers!!

Jolie - Holy smokes girl, 1 hr. 6 minutes? You go! I bet you are sore this morning!!!

Roselyn - Great job with Bulk Legs!!

DOZ - What did you do yesterday? Kicked butt, I'm sure!!! :)

Have great workouts everyone!!!

I have to run errands today. We are expecting ice and then snow coming in particularly Friday and Saturday. This morning I did Les Mills Body Step #111(messed up and did a bit of Express 112 which I realized I had done before and had to go back and find my workout which altered the 54 minute workout and made it longer) Workout was 71 minutes, met 6.0 470 calories, heart rate average 138 max 166, 5,587 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw 6/60 abs and push ups workout, 12 minutes, met 3.0, 40 calories,31 steps. Total time was 83 minutes, 510 calories, 5,617 steps

Deb, I am sorry about the hip. It probably is best to let it heal and just do what makes it feel better. It is terribly frustrating working around an injury. Maybe you could do some more active yoga workouts for some activity. Just light walking? No hills maybe? I feel bad for your brother in law. I have seen too many undeserved bad things happen to people and it breaks my heart. I will keep praying. I keep a prayer journal and prayed for him this morning.

Roselyn, nice work on Bulk Legs.

Debbie, I am praying for your brother in law.

Wow, is all I can say.. Today I chose Cathe Live Gloved up and Ready Boxing, leg blasts and some weights. I wore 1 lb gloves for all of the boxing and we used weights ranging from 5# to 12#. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 487 calories. I must say, this is one of the easier boxing workouts and it was hard for me. I did not do the jumping jacks, I substituted squats to overhead presses instead. My legs are going to be feeling it tomorrow!

Pouring rain here today, my youngest son is in Big Bear snowboarding and my oldest in college sent a picture of a white out walking to football practice at 4:30am. My son is not coming home from college for Christmas, they are leaving the next day to fly to Tucson AZ for their bowl game. I am leaving December 22nd to spend Christmas with him so he is not by himself. I will be flying home Dec. 25th in the evening. The bowl game is on the 29th so I might be going to AZ to watch with my husband. If he drives I will go but if he flies I will not. Too expensive!

Debbie, good job on the stretching and getting a walk in today. Sometimes you just have to lay off legs completely till the spasm lets go. I would just do walking if that feels ok. When my hip flexor is tight it effects my glutes and hamstrings. I would address the hips. I get this issue when I kick box a lot.

Diane Sue, great Les Mills workout today. Careful going out in the weather today. I am making Italian spicy sausage, spinach, potatoes, celery, onions and white bean soup for dinner tonight. Yum.

Roselyn, Nice job on Bulk Legs, that's a tough one for me!

Roxie, I will check back in later to see what you did for your workout! You go girl!!!

DOZ, I hope you have a good workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

Good Afternoon,

I did StudioSweat Spin Steady Breath Steady Burn with Brooke 27 minutes 7.4 miles 300 calories burned. I will also do 25 push-ups it’s part of a weekly challenge.

Jolie-good job today

Debbie-sorry about the hip and keeping him in my prayers.

Diane Sue-you are a busy lady

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.