Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

Sorry I am logging my workout so late. I did workout, but I had a huge event going on at work and just have not had time to enter it. Same thing will happen tomorrow.

I did RAW Kickboxing Contour and had a great workout. I really love that workout. I didn't want to use 15's like Kelly did so I grabbed 10's. I actually didn't want to do weights at all today, but thought it wouldn't really hurt. It's funny, now that it's VERY cold outside, I barely break a sweat with cardio. Weird...

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 347 calories and did 2817 steps. HR was 134/192.

Jolie - I did have an implant and it went well and really, it's not that bad. But I did have a hard time knowing they were drilling into my gum and bone. For some reason that really bothered me. I felt no pain, however, and all in all it went very well. I should get one more done but I'm hesitant, only because I don't want them drilling into my bone again. Gives me the heebie jeebies. Nice workout!! Sorry to hear you hurt your hip. Ouch.

Roxie - Nice job with your workouts!! Wow, your killing it. I've been wanting to try the KB & Olympic lifts but I'm not a fan of olympic lifting. I might do it one of these days just to try it.

Belinda - What workouts are you doing - what is BOD? They look awesome! Nice job!

Diane Sue - OMG, I remember the Firm, I do believe those workouts were my first DVD workouts that ended up getting me interested in other DVD workouts and brought me to Cathe. Loved those workouts but I don't think I would want to do them anymore. Is The Firm still around?

Have a great evening everyone!!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, heart rate 133 average, 166 max, met 5.8, 262 calories 3,781 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Kettlebell and Bands, 30 minutes, met 5.8, 192 calories, heart rate average 120, max 151, 1,930 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 454 calories, 5, 711 steps.
I used 2# dumbbells and a 20 # kettlebell for boxing, kettelbell work. I had a lot of running to get out and do today so am late getting here.

Belinda, those workouts look really good. Who is the instructor? Tony Horton? Nice work! I bet you had an enjoyable day together yesterday.

Roxie, I see you are keeping up with the workouts :) I enjoyed the Kickboxing and Olympic Lifts too.

Jolie, great workout today. I am sure that the implant work will go fine. I am guessing they will put you under? One day of candy won't hurt. You just do an exceptional day or two to make up for it ;)

Debbie, I sometimes go a bit lighter with the weights on a cardio day knowing I want to do something heavier the next day. I plan on doing something with Strong and Sweaty Giant Sets tomorrow. Probably a spit type of workout so I can space them out and get more sets in. I think there are more Firm workouts, but they are not the same. I remember purchasing one later on and it was nothing like the old ones. That is what got me started working out too. Then I found Cathe's forums that had a bout 200 people on it. I remember when they had check ins for the Firm via email. My box got so full at the time. Funny how things change. I did the first firm for nostalgia reasons a while back. The outfits are so funny. It was still a tough workout. The guys in their little shorts and the women with leg warmers and jewelry on LOL

Diane Sue - nice job with your workouts today. The instructor is Joel from CORE DE FORCE. I been wanting to try them, glad I did. They are very good workouts. Nonstop, short and intense. Funny about the Firm dvd's. If I remember correctly I read they are on sale on their site.

Diane Sue - nice job with your workouts today. The instructor is Joel from CORE DE FORCE. I been wanting to try them, glad I did. They are very good workouts. Nonstop, short and intense. Funny about the Firm dvd's. If I remember correctly I read they are on sale on their site.

Debbie - sorry...I am doing Beachbody On Demand. Been wanting to try Lift 4. Nice job on your KB workout today.

Jolie - yes, it's from Beachbody on Demand. I like the workouts. The best part you only workout 4 day's a week. Great job today.

Today I am taking the day off. The wind is still blowing and the air quality is very poor from the fires. I did not sleep well because it was so dry I had to wake up to drink water so many times and then I had to use the restroom!!! I want to start organizing my holiday décor and tree trimmings but it is hard when it is 85 degrees outside! It looks like it is supposed to start cooling off by the weekend Thank God!

Great job on all the workouts yesterday, we are rocking it!

Have a nice day.

I had to do a quick workout today so I chose Cardio Coach 1 and stopped after challenge 2. I just wanted to get a couple miles in before going into work early.

My glute and hamstring (right where they meet) still hurts when I run, I really couldn't sprint while doing CC1. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's frustrating. Stretching does nothing for it but rolling it seems to help. I need to do that again tonight.

Workout was 30 minutes, ran 2 miles, burned 226 calories and did 3924 steps. HR was 129/170.

Diane Sue - You don't get put under for what Jolie is having done, just numbed. It's really not as bad as it sounds, it's just the mental image of what they actually need to do to put the tooth on that bothers me for some reason. LOL on the Firm, I belonged to the email checkins too. So funny!! And I was one of the first 200 to join Cathe's group too. So cool!! Nice job on your workouts!

Jolie - Do you have a humidifier for your house or at least for your bedroom. We have two, one in our living room and one in the bedroom because it gets so dry in the winter. It helps a alot.

Belinda - Core de Force sounds cool, I've heard of those. I need to look them up.

Roselyn - Nice job on your workout!! :)

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload v2, 31 minutes, heart rate average 120, max 148, met 5.8, 198 calories, 2,573 steps. I wore my 12# weight vest. I then did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Mish Mosh #3 double upper body, 49 minutes, met 4.0, 212 calories, heart rate average 99, max 135, 925 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped relaxation stretch, 14 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 91 minutes, calories burned 441.
Total Body Giant sets double upper weights uses stability ball
shoulder press 15# dbs 16 reps
upright rows 15# dbs 16 reps
rear delt flys 12# dbs 16 reps
incline front raise adding a twist last 6 8# dbs 12/6 reps
seated lateral raise 8# dbs 12 reps total done in single arms
Repeat all
One arm Row 25# db 16 reps
pull overs 15# dbs 16 reps
chest flys 15# dbs 16 reps
incline press 15# dbs 16 reps
push ups Body weight
repeat all
seated overhead extensions 15# dbs dropped to 12# dbs 2nd set 16 reps
close grip bench press 15# dbs 16 reps
lying extensions 15# dbs 16 reps
seated W curls 15# dbs 12 reps
incline hammer curls 15# dbs 12 reps
preacher curls 15# dbs 12 reps
repeat

Belinda, thanks. I will check out Beach Body to see what they are. That is odd they have really gone cheap by omitting the music in my opinion. As it is they have no extras with their dvds. But, if the workouts are decent I would be interested. I think I have looked and remember seeing the Firms were still for sale. Tracey Long has her own website and videos. I have picked some of hers up from the library.

Roselyn, nice work on the Cathe live workout.

Jolie, We are still finding some of our Christmas decorations. I think my husband finally got most of them organized and on shelves in the garage outside the attic. Funny, I told my husband this morning that I would wait awhile till it warms up to go out to the garage and put an ice scraper in my car.

Debbie, you still got in a decent amount of steps and calories. Maybe it is something pulling from another area of your leg or hip. Sometimes the rolling works to loosen things up and can get so much deeper than just stretching will help. I found that when I had the recent problem with my right low back and hip. I used my therapy balls in the little bag like they do on Yoga Tune Up and that really helped get into the area deeper than even my foam roller was. I hope you can get some relief.
I have thought about a humidifier in the winter. I used to turn our vaporizer on at night in our room. I have such a problem with mold allergies I tend to worry if it will cause problems adding extra moisture.

Good Afternoon,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Step followed by 6/60 core which I really liked and needed then I did a StudioSweat Spin class to get some steps in. Found out that if we don’t take our breaks we could be fired so I guess it will make it easier to get my protein snacks in.

Debbie-thank you I am trying.

Diane Sue-we use a humidifier just to dry without it

Reactions: WD
Today was a rest/recovery day on the Lift4 program. I only work 4 day's a week on LIft4. I did SBF LB circuit today.

DH and I doing lots of day trips.

Roxie - great job on today.

Roslyn - great job on Cathe Live. I like the Lift 4 workouts. I only workout 4 day's a week and the workouts are short but intense.

Diane Sue - great job on your KCM raw workout today. My husband took some leave this week, I really didn't had a lot of time to play around with all the workouts on BOD/music. Believe it or not, I didn't miss the music. I usually play my own. From what I read you there is a playlist on Spotify. Like I said, didn't had time to play around. I think it's a decent price for streaming.

Debbie - great job on CC1 today. Core de Force sounds great. I haven't checked them out yet. I probably will play around with them next week.

Jolie - those fires are horrible. I been watching the news. Please stay safe! How close are you too those fires? We suppose to get snow on Thursday. I'll take your 85 degrees you can have our 36 degrees :) I hate the cold, lol.

I will be back tomorrow.

Today I did the upper body only premix of Giant Sets from Strong & Sweaty. Had a great workout, this is an intense workout. I went heavier than Cathe or same as Cathe today:

Shoulder Overhead Press: 15's - 16 reps
Upright Rows: 15's - 16 reps
Rear Delt Flys: 12's - 16 reps
Incline Front Raise/Archs: 8's - 6 reps each exercise
Seated Lateral Raise: 8's

One Arm Row: 25# - 16 reps
Pullovers: 30# - 16 reps
Chest Fly on the Ball: 25's - 12 reps
Incline Press on the Ball: 25's - 16 reps
Push Ups

Seated Overhead Extensions: 15's - 16 reps
Close Grip Bench Press on Ball: 15's - 16 reps
Lying Extensions on the Ball: 12's - 16 reps
Seated W-Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Incline Hammer Curls: 15's - 12 reps
Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15's - 12 reps (she does preacher curls, those hurt my elbows

Then I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Finisher - should have gone a bit heavier but I was still feeling the above workout. I liked this workout.

All exercises were 30 seconds each

Bicep Curls - 12's
Lateral Raise - 8's
Dips
Did this 2 times through

Hammer Curls - 12's
Upright Rows - 12's
Kickbacks - 8's
Did this 2 times through

Supinated Curls - 12's
Alternate Front Raise - 8's
Overhead Triceps Extension - 12#
Did this 2 times through

Then I did the stretch from S&S.
Workout was 50 minutes, burned 323 calories. HR was 126/177.

Diane Sue - You did the Giant Sets twice? Wow, that was tough with just one time through. Nice job on that!! I foam rolled again last night and the tightness goes up my glute to the side of my hip so I concentrated on just rolling and holding pressure on that area. I will do that again tonight. Really weird that I feel the pain in my hamstrings.

Roxie - I like 6/60 too, that is a good ab/chest workout. Nice job yesterday!!

Belinda - Thanks for the info, I will look into those.

Hi to Roselyn, Jolie and DOZ. DOZ - where are you girl? You're supposed to be working out and checking in with us!!!

Good Morning,

Today I chose Raw Perfect 10 and didn’t really like it I wanted something weight lifting wise but this wasn’t it then I did the no swing premix from Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion. I got on the scale this morning and the numbers just keep going up I am heavier now than I was full term with my oldest DD even though I have been working out and doing better about eating, makes me just want to stop eating and exercising what’s the use. Sorry bad day.

Debbie-good job today.

Belinda-the more I hear about that series the more I want to join BB but I have enough stuff overwhelming me workout wise.

Diane Sue-thank you.

Good morning,

Lift4 Week 1 Day 3. Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals = 34 min is done. I still have DOMS from Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow is leg day.

Round 1: 10 reps/3x do all 3 exercises than rest 30 sec.
Shoulder Press
Upright Row
Single Leg Squat Jump (switch after 15 sec)

Round 2: 10 reps/ 3 x - do all 3 exercises than rest 30 sec
Front Raise
Side Raise
Burpee no jump

Round 3: 10 reps/ 3 x - do all 3 exercises than rest 30 sec
W front Raise
Shoulder chest Press
Alternating Jump Lunges

ABS: 30 sec each exercise, 3x
Flutter Kicks
Sit ups w/ arms extended

Roxie - I hear you on being overwhelmed with workouts. Great job this morning. Great job this morning.

Debbie - you are welcome! I will look into his other workouts this weekend.

Have a great workout, everyone. It snowed here in WV :) We have about 2 inches so far. Brrr....

This morning I did STS Athletic Step, 49 minutes, heart rate average 124, max 155, met 6.0, 324 calories, 3,848 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey's Step Boxing 2 premix workout 2 no drills, 22 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 159, 144 calories, met 5.9, 2079 steps. I have to go run errands again :( I really would like to stay home today. This was 71 minutes, 468 calories, 5,927 steps.

Debbie, nice workout today. I like that you added on the Raw finisher for upper body. I have done the Giant Sets upper mix that does it 3 times before. You did great lifting a bit heavier on some of it. I was a little bit cautious after the shoulder and neck problem. Sometimes I like to go a bit heavier. At 16 reps and little rest, that is hard to do with that workout.

Belinda, I figured that you would do something on the off days with that workout :) When I was using Fitness Blender, I really did not mind not having music on the weight work. I have been wanting to go back there and do the mass building workouts. I think they have added some barre workouts.

Roxie, I am sorry you are getting frustrated. If my memory serves me Perfect 10 in the raw workouts is just a low key non weight strength workout? I have only done it once and some of the workouts are starting to run together in my memory :)

Today I went for a 6.3 mile walk, 2 hours walking as fast as a could and I burned 1,021 calories!!!! Yeah! Today is the first time in 9 days that it is not windy! The air quality is much better as well and I slept really good last night for the first time in about 7 months, only had 2 hot flashes and I had little anxiety. I drank a class of wine as I put up my Christmas tree and it really took the edge off. Yes I put up my tree and put the lights on already! I will put the ornaments on this weekend. My parents come for Thanksgiving and they love when the tree is up and it makes the day more festive. We are going out to dinner, a steak house that serves both Thanksgiving meals as well as steak and seafood. I always eat seafood on Thanksgiving.

What are you all doing for the holiday?

Great workouts everyone!!

Debbie, i want to try that workout you did today, it looks awesome!

Have a nice day.

Roselyn, we got a layer of snow is all and it was pretty much gone the next day. I am glad it didn't stick, but it is pretty when it is snowing. I could smell the neighbors fireplaces burning when I went out. Then today we got up in the 60's!

Today I woke up sore and with a headache, plus the glute/hamstring in my left leg was really bothering me so I decided to just walk on my treadmill this morning. I might be taking next week off, I don't know what is going on with the leg but I need it to heal. I can't run with it the way it is. So I will see how I feel Monday and go from there. I used the foam roller on it this morning and it just hurt. It feels worse than it did when it initially happened.

My walk was 50 minutes, I went 2.53 miles and burned 292 calories. I did 6106 steps and HR was 102/129. So not bad.

I don't have time for personals but did read all of your posts. Nice job with your workouts yesterday! Hope you all have a great one today as well!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.