Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2019!!

Today I did Cathe Live Pumped Upper Body - this one Diane did back in July - and had a great workout. A bit too fast paced for me, but I was able to keep up and had fun with it. Some exercises I went a bit heavier than Cathe and slowed down the reps. The gym Cathe is in is amazing. Is that her workout place? I'm assuming it is.

5 Rounds 3 sets
ROUND 1
Warm up w/5# dumbbells
Sweeper Curls: 15's - 12/10/8 reps
Upright Row: 12's - 16,12,8 reps
3 times

ROUND 2
W Curls:
12's - 8 reps
Front Raise: 12# - 12 reps
3 times
Isolation Curls: 10's - holds and various counts (she just threw these in)

ROUND 3
Dips:
32 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's - 8 reps alternating/8 reps together
Rear Delt Fly: 12's - 10 reps w/ 8 reps chaser set (last time she did 8 and 8)
Pullovers: 25# - 8 reps
3 times

ROUND 4
Push ups
using step variations all 3 sets
Chest Fly: 15's - 10 reps and 12 reps final set
Seated Overhead Press: 10's - 12 reps and 10 reps final set
Lying Triceps Extension: 10's - 8 reps with partials and final set 5 partials
3 times

ROUND 5
One Arm Row:
25# - 16 reps
Lateral Raise: 5's - 32 reps (these killed)
3 times

ABS
Bicycles
Reverse Crunch
Leg Shooters (V-Ups)
L Crunch
Leg Chasers
(these were interesting, never did them before)
2 times but last set was shorter

Fun stuff!! Sweated up a storm once I get into Round 3

Workout was 55 minutes, burned 358 calories, went 1354 Steps and HR was 120/171.

Belinda - Nice job on your 3 mile walk and interval workout. Yes, I can imagine the RT's are expensive. I love doing Cathe live because I feel like I right there with them all. Thank you for that link, I will check it out!!

Jolie - Great job on your workout, I am really liking these workouts. I love the giant set theory and it keeps the workout moving. I need to take the time and see what else is out there, I would also like to do some pyramids and heavy training at some point. Yes, my hamstring is still tight but I can feel it getting better. I don't want to chance a full running workout until this tightness goes away. Yoga is helping but since I'm not used to doing yoga, my body is actually sore from it.

Diane - Great job with your workout, however, be careful with those 2 hour workouts. You are risking injury. So I went to my FB app and the settings my watch has for workouts are: Workout, Treadmill, Weights, Run, Bike, Swim and Interval Workouts. No yoga and I know I used to have a Yoga setting with the Surge. I can't understand why they took it away from the Ionic? I use Workout for weights because the weight setting wasn't giving me great calorie burns for some odd reason. I went to my dashboard on my laptop and didn't see anything else about the selections out there? All that I see is the workout tile and what I did this week. Are the settings for workouts anywhere else on the dashboard? I might check into that Tai Cheng workout, might be good for me. I'm not buying more DVD's though, so maybe I can find some similar on Youtube. I am like you, I do not like wasting time with yoga and stretching, but I know I have to. My body is just one tight ball right now. It is getting better though. I think me and your husband would get along great! LOL!! Thank you for posting that link on Cathe's live workout and the month you were doing them on. I did the one you did in July and it was fun.

Roselyn - Great job on your workouts yesterday and this morning. Gives us some info on your school, how is it going?

Roxie - Hope you are doing good. Did you start your new job?

Have great workouts today everyone!!!

Good morning,

L4 W3 Day 3 Shoulders + 4 mile walk is done.

Debbie - you are welcome! The Cathe Live workouts look amazing. Eventually I will sign up. I like the class setting too.

BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Kick Box and Bags and had a great workout. I used 1 lb gloves and half way through put on my 2 lb gloves for the bag work. I really liked this workout because it is at a slower pace and I can focus on my form and hit with power. There is very little leg drills in this workout but there are kicks. All of the combos are easy to learn and it is low impact for 90% of the workout. Believe it or not I burned 473 calories. I was dripping wet by the time the workout was finished. My average heart rate was 130 and max was 169. This is my first kick boxing workout since December 23rd and it felt great to do them again. My side felt it the whole time but it wasn't painful at all. I will see how it feels tomorrow and then decide if I should rest it more or go ahead with boxing workouts.

Debbie, good job on the workout today. I cant keep up with Cathe either because I like to lift heavier so once I have the workout written down, I pause the workout and do the Giant Set and get one round ahead of her so i can go at my own pace with the weights that I am using. Try it and you can go heavier.

Roselyn, Wow you are up early working out before school each day! Nice job on the workout, is that a Cathe workout?

Diane Sue, Thanks for the other link for the Live workouts. I pinned it to my favorites so it is right there to refer to each day! Have a nice workout today.

Belinda, wow on the 4 mile walk and a workout today! I love walking, I always start walking alot in the spring and summer. I love to get the sun light and the fresh air and I always get a big calorie burn.

Have a nice day.

Here is my workout from this morning: L4 Round 2 Week 3 Shoulder intervals.

Set 1: 10 reps/3 sets
Front Raises - 8's
Upright Rows - 12's
30 seconds of 1 leg jumps

Set 2:
Side Raises - 8's
Dumbbell Presses - 12's
30 seconds of Speed Skaters

Set 3
Shoulder Flys - 8's
Swimmers - 8's
30 seconds of Squat Jumps

Core: 3 sets/30 sec
Weighted side crunches
Windshield Wiper

Cooldown

This morning we went to my son in law's promotion. We went to lunch afterward. I couldn't sleep so managed to do Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills, which is one I keep returning to. This was 29 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 178, met 8.3, 220 calories, 2,480 steps. I was surprised the Fit Bit had my heart rate that high. I then did Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 28 minutes, met 2.0, 125 steps, 53 calories. Total time 57 minutes, 273 calories, 2,533 steps.

Belinda, the pictures of the road trips look fun, but it looks like quite a crowd. Nice job on your workout today. It takes quite a long time for a torn miniscus to mend itself and wise to be careful of anything that causes pain.

Roselyn, I think it would be fun to combine some of the cardio crush workouts. Someday I will do that when I get more of the workouts.

Debbie, nice work. I think I pretty much used the live workouts everyday till I cancelled after a month. It really does help to see what to expect from those reviews etc.. I have had a few that I started and then decided they were not for me. Do they have Tai Cheng on the BB streaming? My workout yesterday took longer than I had expected to spend. I don't hit beyond 90 minutes often anymore. Generally the really long workout days include stretching/flexibility work. That workout is quite tough doing all of it together, but it has one warm up which is really lower body warm up as it starts into lower body and then moves to upper with the stretch at the end. So upper body split starts with the lower body stretch which is odd. I prefer it as upper one day and lower the other, otherwise, maybe light weights as it moves at a pretty quick pace. I just wanted to get in what I thought that I would not have time for doing today. That is why what I did today was short with a good stretch. I am pretty sure that is the gym Cathe works at. My right hip and hip flexor carry a lot of tightness and discomfort. It is really noticeable in some stretches.

I think that most of the live workouts are faster paced.

Jolie, Cathe live has some good boxing and bag workouts. They are quite fun. That is great that you were able to do it without a problem. Maybe you are pretty much back to normal. That link was helpful for me.

Jolie - I really like the looks of your workouts. How many day's a week do you weight lifting? You do mostly upper body workouts? You must have some toned arms. Great job! I love walking outside. Lately I been walking indoors. Plus, I need to walk my dog.

Diane Sue - crowds usually don't border me, but I do need my space when working out :) I like lots of room, lol. RT's are a lot of fun. You meet a lot of Cathlets. In one of my other check ins, I met all of them a few years ago on the RT. Not to mention you get to met Cathe :) Sorry your torn meniscus is still bordering you. Be careful! The insoles I have made a huge difference for my PF.

I am sorry for the lack of personals lately. The meds I have to take making me very nauseas. I had stomach cramps last night. I called my doctor, he isn't in today. They are trying to get a hold of him. I really don't know how long I can't take the meds. I have 5 day's left.

Reactions: WD
Good Evening,

I came down with another cold or sinus infection the doctor won’t give me anything unless I go see her. The new job is stressfyand overwhelming not confident that I can do it.

This morning was Pyramid Pump which was supposed to be all the body parts but that was 82 minutes and I only have 50 so I got through lower body, back and one set of chest. This is the first workout I didn't immediately love. I think it just gets "reppy" especially since on lower body you are doing single leg work for every pyramid which means you have to do left and right for 12, 10, 8, 10, 12 reps on all the moves except deadlifts and calves. So that's 104 reps of the same move by the time you do left and right. I'm thinking in the future I may only do it as a pyramind up or a pyramid down. That defeats some of the purpose I know but I think I would do a heavier weight selection on just an up or a down and save some time.

This morning I did what Jolie did yesterday - Cathe's Kickbox & Bags workout. OMG that was so fun! It was a toss up with Kelly's new heavy bag workout and this one and I chose Cathe's. My shoulders are still burning. I wore my 2# weighted gloves up until the first water break, then I had to take them off. My shoulders are really sore from yesterday's workout so I thought it would be safer for me to take them off. Loved the different things she did in this workout and the bag portion was really cool. The end was leg drills and those sort of made my hamstring a bit tight, but it is fine right now.

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 355 calories and went 4833 steps. HR was 127/155.

I have had a busy day at work so I will be back for personals later.

Hi everyone,

This I did L4 Round 2 Legs Day 4 50/50 plus SBF Upper Tights. I also walked 2 miles.

Debbie & Jolie - glad you both having fun with Cathe Live. Those workouts look amazing.

BBL!

Today I did not have a lot of time to workout so I did Cathe Live Upper Body with Core Express. I changed it up just a bit so I could lift heavier. I also added a few extra exercises and I did each set x 12 reps, Cathe drops on the second set and I did not want to so I went to 12 instead. I went up in weight in a few exercise since the last time I did the workout. Workout was short, 50 minutes because I forgot to set up first and I burned 336 calories. I added 2 sets of KB swings at the end, 15# x 12 reps. My shoulders and legs are feeling it from yesterdays workout!

1 Arm Row- 25# x 12, x 12
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12

Traditional Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12, x 12
Sweeping Curls- 15's x 12, x 12
W Curls- 12's x 12, x 12

Lateral Raise- 8's x multi different angles x 24
Lateral Raise- 10's x 12, x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 12's x 12, x 12
Front Raise- 8's x 12, x 12
Rear Flies- 10's x 12, x 10

DB PullOvers- 12's x 12, x 12

Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 12 (no pushups)
Narrow Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 12
Cross Body Lying Ext.- 10# x 12, x 12

ABS

Debbie, I am feeling that workout today that I did yesterday, even in my legs :) I love her kickbox and boxing workouts, especailly the ones with the leg drills. That replaces a leg day for me since I like to do BW or low weight leg workouts because my thighs are bulky anyway. I am going to get some boxing gloves like Cathe uses because it would be easier to do jumping jacks with those instead of my weighted kickbox gloves. They have them at TJMaxx for $19 so I will get some today if I have time.

Belinda, All of Cathe's cardio workouts, kickboxing and PHA and Metabolic workouts include legs so I get them in several times per week. I dont lift heavy for legs because I am trying to lean them out! I love these workouts though I might have lost some strength but I dont care because I had too many injuries before from lifting heavy. Have a nice workout today.

Roxie, you cannot tell yourself that you cant do something, " YOur mind can acheive what your mind can conceive"! Tell yourself you can do the job and you will do the job! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Diane Sue, I will be back later to read your post.

Running late, I have a house showing at noon and I have a lot to do! Its an all cash buyer so cross your fingers!

Jolie - I hear you injuries. I had my share. The more I hear/see about Cathe Live the more I want to sign up. I just read on the RT page, most of the classes will be live in July. I defiantly will sign up. Are there any workout schedules/rotations with the Cathe Live workouts? Do you come up with your own rotations? Thanks so much for all the info on the Live workouts. Really appreciate it! Good job today. One more thing...Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12, x 12? Do you mean 2 sets of 12 preps? Do have have a lot of suffering with the live workouts?

This morning I got a call that my 4 year old grandson was sick and my son in law was bringing him before work so I had to adjust the workout a bit. I did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout #1, 28 minutes, , 178 calories, 1,980 steps. heart rate 129 average, 171 max. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ascending Pyramid upper workout, but just did chest, shoulders, and triceps 40 minutes, met 6.5, 230 calories, 1,349 steps, heart rate average 105, max 144. I bounced on the rebounder and did some waistline standing moves between sets rather than just stand there. I will do the biceps and back tomorrow with some lower body tomorrow, hopefully.

Ascending Pyramid (full workout 64 minutes) 40 minutes for for chest, shoulders, and triceps adding a few stretches. 4 sets each exercise, two exercises per body part, the body parts are alternated as push and pull. Kelly and Sammy are doing these and they take turns so whichever one you choose to follow, you rest while the other one is working. This would be good for a heavy workout with the pace it moves.
All 16,12,10,8 reps
CHEST
bench press 12#, 15#, 20#, 25# dbs
Flys 10#,12#,15#,20# dbs
SHOULDERS
upright row 10#, 12#,15#, 20# dbs
lateral raise 8#, 10#, 12#,15# dbs
TRICEPS
seated overhead triceps extension 12#,15#,20#, 25# db
skull crusher 10# dbs, 12# dbs, 15# dbs, 25# db (for me as Kelly realized she wasn't putting two 20's together and she used one) I can move these weight up next time.

when I get all of the moves listed and typed out I will post the entire workout just in case someone wants it. I really liked it. The format really does leave you open to watch form and go heavier. The nice thing about the time space between is you have time to make adjustments and go slower if you like.

Belinda, the torn miniscus, even though mended still has it's issues. I do have the arthritis though and I am sure that it plays a role it the problems. If the outer edge of the miniscus is all that is torn it can be repaired and even heal without surgery for some. It still has blood flow to it. It is if it is torn deep that it can have problems mending. Mine was not a big tear. My problem is if there is not plenty of room for me to workout or someone or my dog is around I tend to lose balance and trip up worrying about running into them. I usually use Footminder insoles for my shoes. I tries Super Feet before and they were not comfortable at all. I hated waiting those last few days with the antibiotic I was taking. I added in extra probiotics and digestive enzymes to my diet while taking them. I hope that they can reach your doctor and help you out.

Debbie, soreness in the shoulders is always a deciding factor for me as to whether to wear weighted gloves or pick up light dumbbells while doing boxing moves. I really liked Kelly's Raw bag workout and I have enjoyed Cathes a lot too. I found my notebook of Cathe Live notes this morning. I will have to see what I have in there. I never typed up the whole workouts like I have done with Kelly's from the start. I really should have as I went through them. I have hand written notes and notes written on the pages from the websites I told you about. Generally, once I type Kelly's Raw here, I copy and paste it into my word documents and print up a copy as well. That way I just look in my notebook for the rundown. I need to start organizing those by categories though as I am getting a lot of pages :) Nice amount of steps and calorie burn today ! I see I have workouts done from live in April and May 2018 as well in my notebook. I do have a rundown of the workouts and weights increments. They are just all hand written in a spiral notebook :) If you don't see them here and are interested I can type what you would like out if I have it.

Jolie, I think I have done that live workout more than once. I have 40 minutes for that workout down though. But then I did not add kettle bell swings to it ;) Nice work. That is an excellent price for the gloves like Cathe uses. I use my boxing gloves sometimes, but still have issues with the everlast boxing gloves messing with my Fit Bit readout. I use my combat gloves a lot. I love those. Fingers are all exposed other than padding over knuckles. I can use them on the heavy bag if I do not hit it too hard. Kelly has a pair of boxing gloves in her latest raw that looks like the thumb is either cut out or they came without a thumb on them. I rather like that, because hitting the bag you are not smacking it with your thumbs. Just makes hitting the remote button etc. easier. I have a pair of boxing gloves with a thumb, that is open but just like a finger less glove. Not enough padding to me though. My Everlast are 12oz. I think they make 16oz as well.

Here is the entire rundown on the Raw Ascending Pyramid workout. I put it together so it will be easier to do tomorrow.
Ascending Pyramid (full workout 64 minutes) 40 minutes for for chest, shoulders, and triceps adding a few stretches. 4 sets each exercise, two exercises per body part, the body parts are alternated as push and pull. Kelly and Sammy are doing these and they take turns so whichever one you choose to follow, you rest while the other one is working. This would be good for a heavy workout with the pace it moves.
All 16,12,10,8 reps
CHEST
bench press 12#, 15#, 20#, 25# dbs
Flys 10#,12#,15#,20# dbs
SHOULDERS
upright row 10#, 12#,15#, 20# dbs
lateral raise 8#, 10#, 12#,15# dbs
TRICEPS
seated overhead triceps extension 12#,15#,20#, 25# db
skull crusher 10# dbs, 12# dbs, 15# dbs, 25# db (for me as Kelly realized she wasn't putting two 20's together and she used one) I can move these weight up next time.
BACK
Seated Rows (starts at 38:04 minutes)15#, 20#,25#,30# dbs
1 arm row 15#, 20#,25#, 30# db
BICEPs
Biceps curls 12#, 15#, 20#, 25# dbs
Pledges both arms at the same time 10#, 12#,15#, 20# dbs

I was looking and I did Cathe Live March and April of 2016 and July and August of 2018. I will do it again after I get the rest of the new workouts that I want :)

Last edited:
Today I did stacked lower body,

Debbie you have cathe live!! yeah don't you love

I think tomorrow we have to take my 16 year old dog to be put asleep :( He has bee losing control of his urine , i wake up and there are puddles and stains I guess I have not caught and he has been declining. My heart is breaking

This morning I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit timesaver #1 blizzard blast, 27 minutes, 122 average heart rate, max 156, 150 calories, met 8.5, 1,231 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ascending Pyramid back and biceps, 26 minutes, 124 average heart rate, 176 max, 171 calories, met 6.5, 1,038 steps, 8.37. I also did Raw legs and glutes finisher, 17 minutes, heart rate 119 average heart rate, 154 max, 656 steps, 102 calories. This was 65 minutes, 423 calories, 2,925 steps. I also added on the Barre Amped bonus ball stretch, 7 minutes but did not add it to the calories.
Pyramid upper body back and biceps weights each 4 sets 16,12,10,8 reps these are done with a rest while the second person is doing their reps Back both do it at the same time since it alternates sides
BACK
seated double arm rows 15,20,25,30# dbs
1 arm row 15,20,25,30# db
BICEPS
Biceps curls 12#, 15#,20#,25# dbs
pledges double arm 10#,12#,15#, 20# dbs

For lower body finisher I just used 15# dumbbells and this alternates a dumbbell move with a non weight move. Last time I used 20# dbs, but was not wanting to push it that much today.

Roselyn, I am sorry. I had a dog that was only 5 and had that happen. The vet gave her some medicine and said it was probably incontinence. It stopped and after awhile I stopped giving it to her and no more problem. Yours is pretty old though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

My friend is coming over in a few minutes, we will do one of Cathe's new workout. Not sure, which one yet?

Roselyn - I am so sorry about your dog. I lost my dog 7 month ago :( Brawler was 13.5 years old, he had DM. Not a day goes by I don't think about him. My thoughts and prayers are with (((HUGS))).

I will be back later.

Today we lost our fur baby of 16 years, my heart is broken and we are devastated. The vet told us at that age the excessive drinking and loss of urine can be many signs but he is 16 so he has had a good life and we are not going to put him through testing. my daughter and son-in-law were there but they had to leave so my husband and myself stayed to the end:( I never had to do that and i don't ever want to again. He was the best little guy

I did exercise this morning I did the new metabolic

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.