Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2019!!

Roxie, I am sure after you get through training and have been there awhile you will feel differently. So, you have to travel to Florida by yourself? I would not care for that. Nice work on the weight loss. What do you use for Body Fat percentage. I like my Omron better than the digital calipers and the body fat scale.

Belinda, they pre salt here, but only if they are sure that there is a huge winter storm coming in. They have gotten better about not having school when we have bad weather come in. They used to push it and there were too many mishaps. My dog Gertie who is a very snuggly sweet dog helped some with the loss of my other dog. But, I still tear up at times when I think about Mudd. She was really my dog and mine alone and there with me when my husband was gone. In fact she came to mind this morning when I had filed Gerties nails and was patting her and I felt tear come. I don't think you can ever forget. They are still a part of you.

Debbie, I used to could curl 30's doing STS. Now it is just pick up the dumbbell occasionally and see if I can do a couple of curls. I do not do that routinely. For one thing, if my shoulders and neck are bothering me at all, picking up very heavy weights can be felt all over and I feel it in the shoulders and neck as well as I am tensing picking up the weight. I just like knowing I have not completely lost all of that strength :) I really do like the Home Gym Interval Raw workouts. I keep thinking I need to go back and do Ripped and Ride again now that I am well over the sinus infection. Also the treadmill workout that Kelly says you can use any piece of equipment for. I have not tried that one. I always thought I would like to go downstairs and try it on the Tread Climber. Her circuit and interval workouts are all so different. Some use step, but number 2 does not not. Some are mostly cardio based and some are strength.

Jolie, when I do not have enough room for walking lunges I just do forward lunge and back lunge in one motion. In my exercise room, if it is more than 3 steps forward for walking lunges I do not have room. I shorten it and just keep turning till they are done or do what I just mentioned. Nice work adding the kettle bell swings. I was thinking that I did not remember the kettle part of that workout LOL. The tabata lower body workout was perfect without aggravating my hip. It seemed everything I put in, which were all Cathe had the crossback lunges with lots of pulses which I did not feel like I was ready to do.

Roxie, I had to travel to 30 states when I was working for Nokia and was on the road from either Sunday or Monday thru Thursday every week for 15 years. Traveling by yourself is so much fun! I had to go to Alaska all the way to Florida. Seeing what is out there is exciting and you don't have to pay for it! :) You will have a great time in Florida, especially this time of the year. Also, make sure you sign up for frequent flyer miles with the airline, so you can get a free trip for vacation after several trips. Have fun!

Roselyn, great job in getting your workout in today. When I went to cosmetology school I think I had to go for 1600 hours? Is that the same for you? I loved it but I was only 19 years old or so. What do you want to do when you get your license? Hair, skin or nails? I would do extensions, they cost from $800 to $2500 here in So Cal! Cha ching :)

Good Evening,

I caved today and went to the doctor and guess what she told me I had a sinus infection like I didn’t already know that so she gave me an antibiotic and cough medicine. I won’t be going to Florida alone I am going with the new owner and it’s for 1 day of training two days on an airplane once down once down. I start more training with the computer system starting Monday.

Diane Sue- I have a Fitbit Aria scale.

Reactions: WD
It is 2 below zero right now with a wind chill of negative 25. I stayed home today, most places are closed because of the dangerous cold. Brrrr!! -2 is our high today and that isn't with the wind chill.

Today I walked on my treadmill and then did a yoga workout I found on BeachBody on demand. It was from someone named Elise and it was awesome. It was called Chill Flow and wow, what a great yoga instructor she is. I didn't think anyone could beat Karen Voight with yoga, but this was just awesome. There are three yoga workouts in the Chill Flow series and I will do the other two this coming weekend. I feel great, my hamstring was super tight when I started and now it feels really good. I am able to do the twisted poses a lot better now, too, so I am seeing much improvement.

Treadmill walk was 42 minutes, went 2 miles, burned 221 calories and did 4823 steps. HR was 97/131 so good fat burning range.

The Chill Flow workout was about 35 minutes.

Diane - Thanks for reminding me to check Beach Body for a yoga workout. I know you gave me a name of one you've done but I found this one and really enjoyed it. Don't you hate wasting time trying to figure out which workout to do? I hate when that happens. Looks like you did some good ones though. I want to do the B&B Lower Tabata one again, maybe I can try it next week? I like those workouts on that DVD. And I get it on the 30# dumbbells. Thinking back, I don't think I ever curled those, but I know I got up to 60# before with the barbell. I hate that I can't do that anymore.

Jolie - Thanks SO MUCH for posting that workout! I will print it out and use it for tomorrow. I wish it wasn't such a long workout, though. I may have to skip the last round of exercises depending on my time. Awesome that you typed it out and great job doing it again! Is it new and easy to find?

Roselyn - I bet skin and makeup will be fun! I love makeup, especially eyeshadows. I did nails so that is fun, too. I still give my mom pedicures. :)

Roxie - I don't blame you for not wanting to go to Florida, I hate going anywhere like that for work too. The farthest I've had to go for my job is Columbus which is a 2 hour drive and that's far enough for me. Hopefully it won't be so bad once you're there. Hope that sinus infection gets cleared up soon, that sucks!!

Belinda - Hope you have a great workout today!

Hi to all I've missed.

I hate to say this but it will be 75 degrees here today, I am dripping after my workout and I was thinking to myself how warm it is to workout again. I cant believe how cold it is for all of you today! Yikes. Stay home and stay safe.

Today I am tired from yesterdays workout but I pulled it together and did Cathe Live Kickbox and bags with 1 pound gloves. I did a lot better this time because I knew what was coming and I could put more power into my punches and kicks. I added a few ab exercises on the end since this workout doesn't have abs included. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 520 calories. I burned about 50 more calories than the first time I did the workout. I like this workout because it is low impact for most of the workout and it is easy on the knees and low back. My average heart rate was 165 and max was 177. I haven't lost any weight, I actually gained 1 pound but I typically retain a lot of water when I work legs, they are pumped lately :) Also, I had some salty food yesterday so that would explain the 1 pound gain. I weigh 156 today. I am putting it in my post to keep me accountable otherwise I will slack off!

Debbie, The Vertical Load workout is from 11-03-2016. This is a great workout for Saturdays if you have a whole hour to workout and then rest the next day. Otherwise we could shorten it by doing Rounds 1 and 2 which really have 4 rounds total since you repeat them on one day and then do rounds 2 and 3 on another day and maybe adding in some treadmill work with it. I am glad that you enjoyed your yoga with the new instructor today. I have never done a whole yoga workout!

Roxie, sorry about the sinus infection those are the worst! Make sure to take probiotics when your done with the antibiotics to replenish your friendly flora. I hope you feel better soon.

I will check back later to read the other posts.

Enjoy your day.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam, 50 minutes, , met 0.0, 398 calories, heart rate 140 average, 166 max, 4214 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 24 minutes, heart rate average 95, max 116, 83 calories, met 4.5, 204 steps. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga from You Tube 20 minute yoga for sore muscles, 20 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0, 12 steps.
Total time 94 minutes, 516 calories, 4,430 steps.

Debbie, that is great that you found a good yoga workout on Beach Body. I had wondered if they would'nt have some since a lot of the series have some on them . I looked up that name with Yoga on You TUbe but only found an Elsie Escobar. That is great that the tightness is starting to subside. I enjoy the Build and Burn workouts.

Roselyn, that is great that you are enjoying the school and it seems like you are moving through it quickly.

Roxie, one day out of town does not seem too bad. That is good that you will be traveling with your boss.

Last edited:
Jolie, nice workout today. It is freezing here today. I gain weight when I eat salty snacks and starchy carbs. It goes away quickly though when I make adjustments back to normal on my dier. The Recipe exchange and tasting last night put me way off and I think I forgot to put the slice of homemade bread in My Fitness Pal this morning. I would not stand on the scale for a couple of days, because it would just annoy me. :)

Hi everyone,

Today I did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Swanson, it's too cold outside. We also got hammered with lots of snow. I am so done with the snow. I also did Susanne Bowen Fitness Tabata.

Debbie - I think when the times comes, I know I am ready for another dog. We still have ChuChu, he is 14 years old. Not sure, if it's a good idea to bring another dog into the house. ChuChu losing his hearing, he has problems walking down the stairs.

Jolie - Vertical Load Workout looks amazing. Does she repeats the sets? That's good to know Cathe has some great Kickboxing workouts on Live. Great job with your workouts.

Diane Sue - know..I know why they pre salted the roads. It's been nonstop snowing since yesterday. I am so done with the cold and snow. Your dog Gertie sounds like my dog Brawler. Brawler was all mine. He always was on my side. He always was here for me. When Brawler developed DM (degenerative myelopathy) I didn't mind sleeping in the living room on the couch with him. Brawler was on meds for DM, which made him pee a lot. I couldn't get him downstairs fast enough and outside. Our bedroom is on the second floor. Brawler never left my side, I wasn't gonna abandoned him when he needed me the most. I don't know if I can go through anything like DM again. It's a horrible disease! I had a little full breed Yorkshire Terrier. I bought her in Germany. Pixy developed cancer by the age of 6. She only weight 6 pounds. My husband was deployed to Iraq for 16 month. Her entire little body filled up with water. I took her to my German vet almost a few times a week. He pumped the water out of her, which took a toll on her little body. I had to put her down a week before my husband come back from his deployment. That was tough to do alone :( I only had Pixy for 6 years. She also was my dog. After Pixy died, I swore I would never get another dog. Well, a year later we adopted Brawler.

Roxie - hope you feel better soon.

I will be back later.

Belinda, maybe your snow will let up soon. You never know here. Weather is odd. It sometimes comes really close and then misses us. A lot of the time it ends up being the northern part of the state that gets the snow and we get the sleet and black ice which is worse. We have had a lot of snow as early as October. I can remember a couple of incidences like that. One was the first year we lived here. It took some getting used to after living in California. March can be bitter cold and windy or springlike. You just have to be ready for it and not put out plants too early in the season or they may freeze. Funny thing is I planted bulbs early fall that were supposed to bloom near the end of winter. I have them in pots in a sort of sheltered area by the door step and the dryer vents there. They are all sprouted and have leaves, including the Easter lily. The rose bushes are still green. It has been getting above freezing most days though. Other plants have no leaves in front though. As much as I have hated losing our beloved pets, I think I would still have to have another dog. They are such wonderful companions and can sure bring a smile when you feel down. Gertie does like Mudd used to do and comes and lays her head in my lap. She likes to be close. I could not imagine being without that, you know what I mean? I understand though with your aging dog. A pup might be a bit of a challenge for it. Gertie was for Mudd and at first I would have to allow Mudd to go upstairs to get away for awhile. I just put up the pet gate and she would go upstairs. They did adjust though. Mudd would just get tired of the rough housing and play after awhile. Is Suzanne Bowen making new workouts? I had heard that she seemed to have stopped and was not very reachable? It has been awhile since I had heard that.

Bitter cold here as well 6 below this morning, 8 was the high

Today I did the new PHA I used heavy weights

Cosmo school is 1500 hours, Jolie, my target graduation is nov 19

Diane Sue - sounds like your weather is worst than here. It stopped snowing, but it's freezing cold outside. You would think, I am used to this cold. I grew up in Germany, it's freezing cold in the winter. I guess, the older I get the wimpier I get :( I hate the cold! Everything is covered in snow. I just noticed ChucChu is losing his eye site. I have to take them to the vet. His eye's are cover gray :( Poor thing! He is 14 years old. I hear what you mean getting another dog. There is so much need out there, maybe I will start fostering in a few month. Our county shelter rescued a Lab mama, she gave birth to 12 puppies. They are so cute! We probably are moving away from the town we live.

Good Evening,

It was -3 with a wind chill of -19 today and it’s supposed to be 60 by Saturday, crazy weather. I did LiiFT 4 WK6 D2 Back and Biceps after work today.

Traditional Row 15lbs 10x3
Reverse Fly-10lbs 10x3
Pullover-20lbs-10x3
Full Curl-10lbs 10x3
Hammer Curls-12lbs 1x10 then 10lbs 10x2
Wide Curl-10lbs 10x2 then 8lbs 10x1

Debbie-at least Florida will be warm

Good morning,

L4 W4 D3 Shoulders Intervals plus 1 mile walk is done.

Roxie - good job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout, everyone. BBL!

Today I did Cathe Live Vertical Load and had a pretty good workout. I like this one, and I have to say, no one works shoulders like Cathe does. This was a fun workout.

I tried keeping track of reps, but each set changed a bit. But at least I'll know next time what to sort of expect.

GIANT SET 1
Overhead Press:
12's
Bicep Curls: 15's - 15 reps
Triceps Kickbacks: 8's - 16 reps
Pushups: 18 reps
Walking Lunges: 10's (I think she did 8 sets)

GIANT SET 2
Overhead Press:
12's
W Curls: 15's
Kickbacks: 10's - 12 reps
Pushups: 8 reps but weird pattern
Walking Lunges: 10's ( think she did 6 sets)

GIANT SET 3 & 4
Lateral Raise to Front Raise:
8's
Hammer Curls: 15's - 13 reps
Standing Triceps Extensions: 12's/20# - (I hate using two dumbbells for this exercise so I switched when we did the 2nd time through)
Rear Delt Flies Drop Set: 10's - 10/9/8 reps little rest
Pushups: 8 reps different pattern/10 reps Relaxed Pushups
Squats to Deadlifts:
15's -6 sets/10 sets

GIANT SET 5 & 6
Upright Rows:
15's - 19/22 reps
Isolation Curls: 10's/12's
Close Grip Triceps Pushups: 14/12 reps
One Arm Rear Fly: 10#/12# - 10 reps
Chest Flies w/Knees up: 15's
Side Lunges/Rear Lunges: 10's

Definitely a good workout. Workout was 55 minutes, burned 346 calories and HR was 124/147. Did 1406 steps.

Jolie - This was a fun workout, did you know there is a Vertical Overload 2 on Live as well? I'll have to check that one out too. Lucky you and the 75 degrees, I didn't even break a sweat with this workout because it's so cold. I think it was -6 when I got up and it's still about that temp now. Nice job with the Kickbox/Boxing workout, I like that one too.

Diane - Good job with your workouts yesterday, very well rounded with the cardio, abs and yoga. How is that stability ball workout? Most times when I use the stability ball for abs I can't really feel anything (unless jack knives are involved).

Belinda - At least we didn't get the snow!!! But it sure has been cold here. It was nice staying home yesterday and getting some stuff done around my house. I'm back at work today even though the temps are exactly the same as yesterday. Great job with your workout! Are you getting bored with LIIFT yet?

Roselyn - Great job with your workout! Wow, long time for schooling, not sure it's that long here? But I'm glad you are enjoying it, that's all that matters!!

Roxie - Our weather is supposed to do the same thing. -6 here and then 55 in a couple days. crazy! Nice job with your workouts!!!

Well, have a great day and workouts everyone!!!

Great Job everyone - all those LIVE workouts and LIFT4 workouts look good (and tough!)

This week has I have been testing a couple of Michelle Dozios Club routines from the Fit Body Challenge workouts. They are filmed at her studio live and the ones I tried have been so much fun! Her group of ladies is great and there is a lady in the back that modifies everything and does a fabulous job. I've also done more of the LITE workouts including Body Weight and Bands for the first time and another round of PHA.

Debbie - LOL, not yet :) I am still enjoying them. They still kick my butt. Nice job on the vertical loading workout this morning. Looks great!

Diane Sue - that is correct about Susanne Bowen. She kinda disappeared. Not sure, what is going on? She hasn't posted a new workout since March last year. Weird! My subscription runs out the end of October this year. I will not subscribe again. Susanne used to be so active on FB, she hasn't posted anything there either. A lot of people are up set.

Today I did the Cathe Live that was filmed today, Strong Express Upper Body. This is a lower weight higher rep workout, very different format but I liked it. I will like it much more the next time I do it because I will know what is coming so I can get the weights right. I wrote down the workout the best that I could but I couldn't catch of all the rep counts. I did go heavier than Cathe on a few exercises and I skipped the pushups and did Chest Press instead. The end includes a killer ab segment that is quick tied in with pushups. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 384 calories because I added a few extra exercises at the end. I am sure it is shorter in time, but I paused the workout so many times to be able to write it all down.

Shoulders:
lateral raises- 8'
Lateral U raises 8's
Scarecrows- 8's
Front Raise with a pour at the top- 8's
(Repeat)

Back/Biceps/Shoulders:
1 Arm Flies- 10's x 10 each side
Upright Rows- 12's
Rear Flies with a hip hinge- 10's
Upright Rows- 12's
(repeat)

Shoulders/Biceps:
Overhead Press w/ 10.5's- 12's
Sweeper Curls- 15's x 10
Overhead Press w/ 10.5's - 12's
Hammer Curls- 15's x 10
Overhead Press w/ 1.5's
Traditional Curls- 15's x 10
Skip Overhead Press
Sweeper Curls- 15's x 6
Hammer Curls- 15's x 6
Traditional Curls- 15's x 6

Back/Biceps:
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16
1 Arm Bicep Curls same arm- 12#
1 Arm Row next arm- 25#
1 Arm Bicep Curl other arm- 12#
Skip 1 arm row this time to
1 Arm Bicep Curls- 12's x 10 Each side

Chest/Triceps:
2 Arm Kickbacks- 10's x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 12 ( was supposed to be standing )
2 Arm Kickbacks- 10's x 10
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 10
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's x 6
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 24
Wide Grip Chest Press- 15's
Chest Flies- 15's
Wide Grip Chest Press- 15's
Chest Flies- 15's

ABS/Chest:
5 ankle Grabbers ( I did leg raises because of my ab soreness)
Chest Press-20's x 5 lying on the floor
(repeat 5 times)

Extra add on:
1 Arm Rows- 25's x 12 x 12
KB Swings- 15# x 30

Debbie, nice job on the Vertical load workout. I really like it because I hit all the body parts and it is fun. I want to check out the other workouts today that you mentioned. You also should try PHA. I think I am going to do another Kickbox workout tomorrow, maybe Hardstikes or Warrior. There is also one with leg blasts that looks good too! I wonder why my calorie burns are so much higher than yours? I put my fitbit on workout mode everytime and I notice it gets a higher calorie read than on the weight mode. Whatever, i just need to workout everyday and get it done whatever the calorie burn is:)

Doreen, I like Michelle's workouts but they are alittle too high impact for me. She sure is a spunky little thing! Good job on getting your workouts in and I am glad that you like Cathe's new workouts.

Belinda, I hate to say it but I am standing here in a tank, shorts and thongs right now dripping because we are going to have a tropical type storm today and it is warm and humid out, 68 degrees. What a difference from where you all are at and what you are experiencing. Good job on the workout today, how much longer will you be doing that rotation? I am loving cathe live and I am getting leaner though I havent lost any weight. I am loosing some mass but thats ok because its hard for me to fit in cloths sometimes, my arms and shoulders were too big :( I want to have more of a leaner physique now than more muscle mass.

I will check back later to read more posts.

I am making soup today to live on for the next couple of days with Chicken and veggies, yum! We are going to have rain the next 4 days on and off but it will be on the warmer side. Stay warm.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, 294 calories, met 8.3, heart rate average 133, max 164, 3,796 steps. I had to go to my Arthritis appointment this morning. No one told me that I was supposed to make an appointment on the side to get the eye test done for toxicity from taking Paquinel. So now I have to return next month to get that done. They said it has to be done before I can refill the prescription next month. They did unexpected blood work to test liver and kidneys, which did not make me happy as I was understanding that this medicine did not need me to do that. I was going to come home and do Raw Pyramid upper again and see what I can do with those longer rests. Not in the mood once I got home though, so maybe tomorrow.

Jolie, I got out stuff for an Instant Pot Chicken tortilla soup that I was going to modify. I got it from my granddaughter who said it is delicious. It is a 21 Day Fix recipe. I would leave out the black beans (only a cup ) and add some extra chicken and maybe a bit of shredded carrot to it. Then there are tortilla crisp strips on top. Those are not necessary. Sometimes I will add a bit, but usually I leave them out. If I use corn tortillas I buy the gluten free organic food for life ones or la tortilla factory corn tortillas. Non gmo as well. They have more flavor anyway and you can used less in the recipe. My Fixate cookbook has a tortilla soup recipe that is awesome and you add part of the tortillas after toasting to the blender with part of the soup and blend it and pour it back in then top with some. I always used half the 8 tortillas called for. It was delicious. My Fit Bit works best on Workout mode. Weight mode is lower as is yoga mode when doing yoga which is near nothing. Now that I am figuring in the met values by my body weight which takes down the calorie burn significantly for the met value given on Cathe's charts, it makes it easier to see where I am at. Most agree pretty much with what my calories burned calculator app gives for net calories burned. This uses heart rate, vo2 if you know it ( I just use the highest that Fit Bit gives me when it says 28 > which is generally in the 30's when I used the Polar watch vo2 max system. Also it has you put in weight and height. Map My Fitness is close for a lot of workouts. Depending on what setting I use. Yoga is just too high calorie burn for the MMF setting. I use stretch and sculpt which takes it down a bit. The main thing is that I do not consume more calories than I am burning anyway :)

Belinda, my guess is that something has went terribly wrong for Suzanne Bowen in her life right now or she has some other business that she is busy with. Although if that were the case, I would think that she could drop a bit of a hint out there so people do not keep asking. Fostering a dog might be a good idea. I find so many people that I talk to that foster end up keeping the dogs ;) If you fall in love with them and can do it, why not. I used to not mind the cold so much when I was younger. Now, I just like to be comfortable. I guess it takes some years to realize it is worth it to stay inside and be warm. I go out when I have to and that is it.

Roxie, that is too cold ! Nice workout. I guess I should be happy with the 20 degrees it was when I went out this morning . It is supposed to warm up here this weekend too.

Debbie, nice workout today. I did like that one a lot. The one Jolie did today looks interesting. 60 sounds nice after the brutal cold. Yes, work places usually do not feel like they can close up shop too many days in a year do to weather. Nice you were able to stay in and be warm yesterday.

Doreen, you have so much variety in the instructors and workouts that you use :) I don't know if I asked, but how is PHA? Is it different from the others?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.