Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2019!!

I always loved your rotations Debbie!! I will have to check it out

So today I did a haircut, blowdry and style on my mannequin!! It was just a cut I would call a trim (they say no elevation) but it was pretty long hair wasn't perfect but I did it

Debbie i just looked at rotation looks awesome what can i replace for ice? I can check out cathelive too

Reactions: WD
Jolie, Kelly's step workouts on Raw are very simple. Nothing complex and you do not do spins and that sort of thing. She keeps everything pretty simple on those workouts and there is not a lot of jumping on the step workouts. Step 2 has one spot where she says you can cool down there or it goes on with some one segment of jumping onto the bench and jacks to work the legs and then goes into boxing drills and finishes with a waistline cool down standing. Just step is really easy to do. She doesn't have you running around the step and that sort of thing. I have made green smoothies that used beets and berries. It makes a nice red smoothie. Suja makes a drink with beets in it. I haven't tried it. I have bought Farm House Culture probiotic drink that had beets and ginger in it. It was salty and it was my favorite. I tried one they had that had golden beets and tumeric, but I was not as wild about it. They generally have cabbage (Kraut) or kim chi in them as well. I looked forward to shots of the red beet one. Nice work

Roselyn, I bet that was fun actually cutting hair and styling on the mannequin.

Today was Week 7 of LIIFT4 - Shoulders & Arms and had a great workout. I didn't go as heavy as I should have because I'm feeling tightness in my upper back and neck and I don't want that to get worse. So I did this one a bit lighter. Still tough, though.

3 sets/10 reps per circuit round
Round 1
Front Raise: 12's/12's/11's
Wide Curls: 15's
Lateral Raise: 12's/12's/11's
Kickbacks: 10's/10's/11's

Round 2
Overhead Shoulder Press: 15's
Hammer Curls: 15's/17's/15's
Upright Rows: 15's/17's/15's
Skull Crushers: 15's

Burnout Round
Swimmers: 8's
Dumbbell Curls: 15's/15's/12's
Triceps Pushups
3 sets 30 seconds each with minimal rest

Abs:
Dumbbell Drivers: 12#/12#/10#
Dumbbell Flutter Kicks: 12#
3 sets/30 seconds each with minimal rest.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 214 calories and my HR was 119/179 . I did 649 steps.

I also walked on my treadmill for .75 miles. My hamstring is doing well.

I sort of kind of wish I kept my preorder. :rolleyes:

Roselyn - I would just replace ICE with something you have that was on the rotation from the week before. I was just trying to mix it up with all her workouts and I figured some people wouldn't have all of them. Yes you could also replace it with something live if you wanted. Just do a similar type of workout that is posted. How cool about already cutting hair. They must go through a ton of wigs there! LOL! Are you cutting real hair? So fun! I wonder if you will be doing nails and pedicures too?

Diane - When you say you add beets to your protein drinks, do you mean raw beets? Do you cook them up first? I've always wanted to add beets to my drinks but never knew how to do that. Don't you just hate it when problems occur when you try to workout? We only have a limited amount and time and it seems like a lot of it is wasted trying to get things to work right. This morning I warmed up with GS Shoulders, Back & Bis and the stupid DVD kept skipping. I hate my new DVD player, it is too picky on the DVD's used.

Belinda - I wouldn't add another leg day to LIIFT4, just lift heavier when you do the leg workouts. Maybe you aren't lifting heavy enough if you feel like you need to do another day of leg work? I can't usually go too heavy with leg workouts due to my knees (and now my hamstring), but I always seem to get sore when I work my legs.

Roxie - Nice going with your workout, you are doing great with it, nice weight selection. How do you like them so far? Do you like Joel? I am in awe of Ashley, she has an excellent physique. Hope you feel better and better!

Jolie - You might want to take it easy with the lifting for a while, you still don't sound like you are ready for all that. Just take it easy for the rest of the week, get better. You don't want that to come back. Nice job with your workout, though. We certainly are determined women, aren't we? :)

Hi everyone! This week for me has been a mish-mosh of workouts. I decided I was probably done with Fit Body Challenge. I think the cardio was getting too much and my knees were starting to ache from the impact even though I modified almost all the impact. I've done a couple Kelly lifting DVDs this week including Sculpting RX and Meltdown and today I did a weight class from The GymBox app on Roku.
I can't wait to start downloading the LITE workouts - hopefully tomorrow. Which one to do first?!?

Good morning,

L4 Shoulder Intervals is done.

Debbie - on another fitness site I saw someone posting, doing an extra leg workout. I was wondering if it's necessary? They complaint the workouts are too short. I goes as heavy as I can with legs. I really like the shorter workouts. I feel every weight workout. Thanks for your advice! This year I am trying not to overdue it with extra workouts.

Roxie - you doing great with L4. How do you like them so far? I love the workouts. Feel better soon.

Diane Sue - reading about KCM raw workouts wants me to sign up. I do have to wait until all my subscriptions run out. I get overwhelmed easily. I love beets, can't eat them right now.

Just an FYI, I just posted a new rotation (believe it or not!) on the rotation forum. Here it is:

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/burn-the-holiday-fat-rotation.311457/

I was shocked when I visited that forum that my rotations are still on the first page!! Belinda, thanks for keeping my rotations alive! So I decided to do up a new rotation for my fans. LOL!!!

You are welcome! I also saved them here:http://cathe.com/forum/threads/index-of-cathe-rotations-sep-2014-2018.299397/ Thanks for posting a new rotation. Looks great! Debbie can you please add the new rotation to all your others. Just click on edit. Copy and past in here:http://cathe.com/forum/threads/index-of-cathe-rotations-sep-2014-2018.299397/ this way they all in one place :) Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This is a quick check in. I really do need to get to the store and get started on things for dinner this evening when my granddaughter and her boy friend come. I will come back after things are started.
I did Rapid Fire 3 Rock Steady Rock Hard premix Bonus hard core bag, 36 minutes, heart rate average 116, max 174, 1,402 steps, 205 calories, met 5.2. She always has some great routines, abs and stretch :) I felt like I needed more cardio so did some from the chapter menu, section 1 and the tabatas, 15 minutes, 103 calories, met 6.2, average heart rate 128, max 160, 1,100 steps. I finished off with the Raw Floor work on my rotation, 26 minutes, heart rate average 93, max 128, 81 calories, met 2.9, 141 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 389 calories, 2,643 steps.
Raw floor work (this is not the newer one)
each move done 4 times most use a loop band timed at 30 seconds with 10 rest
clamshell with loop 4 sets on the right then 4 on the left
push ups with a pull back (she keeps the band on but it is not really used, just to save time)
hip lifts with loop band variations of bridges, pulses knees open and close
figure 4 hip lifts no band
sit up knee pull alternating sides
triceps push downs kneeling and using a loop band
biceps curls kneeling with knee on loop and curling pulses

Debbie, I use fresh beets that I have steamed. I do this ahead and put them in the refrigerator for use. Sometimes I have washed the greens and used them too. They are not the most tasty green to eat though. I don't steam till they are super soft. I like a bit of crispness to them even if I eat them on salad or something. Now that I have my Instant Pot beets are so quick and easy to steam and remove the skin off of.

I am back from the store. I decided on beef ribs, hasselback potatoes, salad and some sort of vegetable that my husband will eat. He is not a greens person at all. I contemplated enchiladas, but really did not want all of that dairy and grain stuff.

Debbie, to me my upper back, trap, and neck area is one place I really am careful with. I don't want to end up with pain and spasms that hang on for days! The Rapid Fire 3 heavy bag ends with you on your knees doing kicks and round house kicks from the floor. First slow then you speed it up. I knew one of her workouts did it that way. It was getting close for the new workouts and I new I would feel some regret when I saw others doing them. Although there is usually tons of loving it and excitement and it isn't till later you hear the negatives. That is why I went ahead and ordered two that I was pretty sure I would really like and use. I knew I would order later anyway. I think the only one I am really thinking no on is the floor work one. I think it gets results though and like Kelly said on the one I did today, she doesn't enjoy doing it, but it is something that is good to do. She mentions on one of the hip moves, that it is good for strengthening the low back as well as hip and some people have probably done it in physical therapy. Much of this sort of seemed like it stretches and strengthens, so I am not totally adverse to it. I pushed a button on my roku menu that said it was an update before the second workout. I am so glad that it went quick. After I started I thought to myself that is was really a silly thing for me to do when I was needing to get done.

Belinda, I love beets too. I find those and blueberries stain my teeth when I am eating a lot of them. It takes quite a lot of brushing with super whitening toothpaste to get it all out. I have been eating blueberries everyday lately, throwing them in my kale salad with some pecans. I started noticing that even after brushing I had kind of blue gray teeth. Maybe I should make it every other day. I have eaten Salmon 3 days this week. Trying to eat more anti inflammatory foods.
Nice work getting your workout in today. I think Kelly is still offering her Raw channel at 6.99 right now. I have not heard anything about a change yet.

Doreen, I bet you are excited to be able to download tomorrow. It seems when I got downloads and dvds, I always tried to wait a day and by then the dvds showed up. I do miss getting the downloads though. I don't use them much, but sometimes it is worthwhile. The power was out one time and I just used the battery power from my laptop and did a RWH workout that was downloaded since my dvd player was not going to work. I didn't get them for Ice and am sorry as my newer Sony 3 D blu ray player does not always want to play the Ice Rock'm Sock'm. I don't understand why. I bought it from Amazon, so am stuck. I get bored pretty quickly with most rotations. I feel like this strength rotation of Kelly's has been pretty good using the raw workouts. I am adding to them though with more cardio.

Diane Sue - I ate some beets in FL last week, the stained my Invisalign. Luckily I changed to a new tray the next day. I soaked them in Invisalign cleaner for over an hour, couldn't get the red out. Sessions learned, lol. I haven't noticed staining with blueberries on my retainer, they do stain my teeth if I eat a lot. I also eat blueberries with my salad. They are so good for you. Last week, I ate twice a day seafood. I try to eat fish at least once a week. DH doesn't like seafood. I could eat it every day.

Today was a rest day, I had a dentist appointment first thing this morning so I just didn't have time to get one in today. Its ok, I am not doing any cardio this week and I lifted yesterday to it's all good. I am feeling a little better today, drinking my greens drinks with ginger everyday and I feel very refreshed from all the fruits and veggies I am getting.

Debbie, good job on the workout today. I am not ordering Cathe's new workouts, I never really seem to love them since STS and I don't use half of what I order. I am just going to sign up for On Demand along with Cathe Live if I want to try them. First I will see how everyone else likes them first. She always has so much cardio and I cant do them because they are too high impact for me.

Diane Sue, Your dinner sounds great! I was going to try beets in my juice drink but they said they are very earthy tasting so I passed. They make the drink look really pretty of a color!

Roselyn, great job on the workout today. I am glad your haircut turned out good!!!

Belinda, I did Debbie's rotations for years, I love them!

Roxie, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, I really do not mind the earthy taste. You don't have to put loads of beets in the drink. Sometimes when I use blueberries with beets I have added cinnamon to the mix along with ginger. Spices really do help the taste. It sounds like you are doing well without them though.

Today I walked on my treadmill again, a little quicker and longer. Right hamstring is tight and I notice it, but it is not hurting. It sure is taking its good old time in healing.

I have numbers that at least worth posting today:

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 246 calories, went 1.94 miles (but my treadmill said 1.75 so not sure how I got to almost 2 miles) and went 4675 steps. HR was 112/136, so that was a good fat burning range.

Doreen - Good job listening to your body, keep those knees safe. Mine hurt every now and then, too, and I cannot do high impact much anymore. I miss Cathe's step workouts, they are so fun. Looking forward to hearing reviews of the new workouts.

Belinda - No, doing another leg workout is not necessary and can possibly cause injury. Just do what the program is laying out, it works. Did you see the new Sean T workouts that Beach Body is releasing in 4 days? I got an email on it. I probably won't be doing that because I'm sure he's all cardio and high impact!! I added the new rotation to my other thread with all the rotations on it. I tried doing it the day I posted the rotation but for some reason I couldn't add anything. It worked yesterday, though.

Diane - I don't think I have Rapid Fire 3, I'll need to look. How do you do kicks on your knees, that can't be safe? The rest of the workout sounds pretty good, though. I will look into maybe ordering it. I agree with the new Cathe workouts, I will also wait until I read the reviews. I go by what you all say on this check in so I'll just wait to hear what everyone has to say. Nice workouts yesterday, you kicked some bootay!! Oh, and on the beets, I always want to start eating them regularly but I find they are a pain to prepare and stain everything red. I wonder if my Vitamix will mix up a raw beet with my smoothie?

Roselyn - Great job with Grit. How many days a week do you have class?

Jolie - How did you get through a dentist appointment without coughing? LOL!! I have one of those appointments in a couple weeks, not my favorite but I like to keep my teeth cleaned plus it's free. I agree with you about Cathe's workouts, way too high in impact. I may get the weight workouts from LITE as soon as I hear reviews of them.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!! So glad it is Friday!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 158, 156 calories, met 5.9, 2,133 steps. I then did Raw Tabata Barbell which is the workout I was supposed to have done last week when I did Tabata Weight CIrcuits. This one was 44 minutes, heart rate average 97, max 135, met 4.0 194 calories, 710 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped relaxation stretch, 14 minutes, 31 calories, met 2.0.
Total time was 82 minutes, 381 calories.
Raw Tabata Barbell 20 seconds work 10 rest 8 sets each movement
I used a 35# barbell for all except shoulders
squats 4 sets standard and then 4 sets from the floor (deadlift squats)
bentover rows 4 sets under hand 4 sets overhand
deadlifts 8 sets
upright row alternated with overhead press I dropped to 30# 8 sets
biceps curls 8 sets 35#
triceps skull crushers 8 sets 35#
bridges using the bench and barbell on the hips 35# 8 sets

Debbie, nice work today :) It is hard to explain the on knees with the bag work. You are on hands and knees at a kind of angle to the bag and kick push it with the flat foot, then she does a round house kick out to the side and then kicks the bag. It is not as bad as it sounds. I don't kick that hard as my bag which is hanging swings a bit even though I have it anchored with bungee cords. Cathe has some bag work on one of her dvds that has some sprawls and some down to the floor and up and kick. I am trying to remember which dvds all of the heavy bag work is on.

Good morning,

L4 Round 2 Week 1- Workout #4 – Legs LIIFT 50/50 = 40 min is done.

10 reps/ 3 sets
SS:1
Front squat - 20's
Dead lifts - 20's

SS 2:
Goblet Squat with 1 DB - 25's
back lunges - 20's

SS 3:
Hip bridge with DB's - 15's
Calf raises straight/ angled in/ angled out) - 20's

HIIT: 60 sec/45 sec/30 sec/rest 15 sec each set. I did all the HiiT workouts expect the bear hop on my JumpSport.
High knee runs
Bear hop
Squat jumps

Abs – 30 sec/ 3 sets
Prayer crunches
Planks on your elbows w/ alternating leg lifts

Stretch

Debbie - thanks for your advice! I really appreciate it :) I sure had enough injuries in the past. I also did get an email about the new Sean T workouts. He would kill me with this high impact, lol. I also have trouble sometimes posting. I am glad you added your new rotation under all your others. This way they all in one place. Great job today. If you like beets, Costco sells them already cooked and peeled. They are also organic. No mess :) They usually by the cooler section next to the produce (this is where it is in our Costco). I hope your hamstring heals very soon.

Jolie - great job as always! I love beets. I love putting them in a salad. I also use the leaves from the beets and add them to my salad. I also cook them in a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.

Diane Sue - your dinner sounds yummy! I had cod and peas. Not sure, what I will cook today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

So I reviewed Cathe's new workouts last night and they are very similar to her Live workouts, but, I like the weight workouts. However, I went on line to order a few and there were only options to buy the whole set, with or without On Demand digital downloads. I wanted to buy just 3 of the workouts but right now I cant find the option. I guess I could order On Demand for one month for $19.99 and do them for a month. That is typically enough for me then I get bored anyway. The cardio one does not appeal to me at all.

I am posting my weight everyday so I stay on top of it this year, 155.4 pounds, I want to get to 150.

Today I did Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body workout and had a great calorie burn for a shorter workout. There is no rest time at all, each Giant Set is done x 16 reps and the second time around is x 12 Reps. Now that I have it written down I will be able to lift a little heavier next time. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 389 calories. This was lighter weight then usual because my side hurts so bad I cant lift any heavier. Average heart rate was 119 and max was 165. This workout did not have ABS thank God because I couldn't do them anyway! I had to do a couple of different exercises than Cathe does because of my side hurting. BTW, I have a real issue with my side. I either tore a muscle, pulled a muscle really bad, broke a rib or have a Hernia. I guess if it isn't better soon I will have to go to the doctors. I am so sick of going to the doctors!!!

Triceps Pull Downs- 30# x 16, x 12 ( 2 rounds of each Giant Set)
Lying Triceps Ext.- 10# x 16, x 12 ( could go heavier)
Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 12
Chest Flies- 12's x 16, x 12
Close Grip Chest Press x 2 into Chest Flies x 1- 12's x 8 rounds
Cross Body Lying Ext.- 10# x 16, x 12

Seated Overhead Press 1.5's - 12's x 16, x 12
Lateral Raise- 8's x 16, x 12
Iron Cross- 5's x 8, x 8 ( these are so hard!)
Rear Flies- 10's x 16, x 12
Upright Rows- 12's x 16, x 12

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 12
1 Arm Rear Flies- 10# x 16, x 12
1 Arm Rows- 20's x 16, x 12
Bicep Curls- 15's x 16, x 12
Crazy Eights- 10's x 24, x 24
W Curls- 10's x 16, x 12
Reverse Curls- 10's x 16, x 12 ( I haven't done these in a long time )

This was a really good workout and on the shorter side. I will be doing it again next week!

Debbie, good job on the walk today. Have you tried Hemp Oil for pain? Everyone I know takes it and it really works. I hate to say this but, when I kick box I always get hamstring and hip flexor issues. I always do it and then have to lay off because I get so tight. That is why I switched to Cathe's boxing workouts with no kicks. And, she uses a heavy bad in all of the workouts towards the end! :) PS. I did cough at the Dentist yesterday!!!! But, now I found out that I need two new crowns because the ones I have are so old and I still need my implant crown put on in April! Does it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Belinda, great workout today! Killing it!!! I will try the Beets! I think I am going to buy a juicer, I am loving it but the juices are so expensive! Do you have one? I gave up coffee while I was sick and switched to green juice and I feel so much better and am loosing weight. I put too much artificial flavoring and it was sugar free, but it got me FAT!!!!! I am going healthier this year!

Diane Sue, did you see Belinda said you can get cooked Beets at Costco. When I get a juicer, I will of coarse only use raw but the cooked ones for salads sound good. Kelly's Tabata Barbell Workout looks like a good one!!!

Roxie, I hope you have a good workout today. How is the diet going? I am working really hard at it myself.

Roselyn, have a nice day at school my dear :)

Happy Friday

Good Evening,

The shoulder work I did caused some serious neck and shoulder pain so I need to stay lite when I do Shoulders. I applied for a new job Wednesday night and was hired Thursday morning gave a 1 week notice to my other job due to training time, I am really nervous and not sure I did the right thing because I will have a lot more responsibility.

Debbie-I like the workouts have never done the leg workouts but I am getting a little bored with them and Joel drives me nuts when he talks to the girls and has the guys take off their shirts.

Jolie-I only eat about once a day so my weight is down by 0.2lbs but fat % going up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.