Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2019!!

Good morning. I over did it the last two days and I ended up in bed at 5pm last night coughing so bad I pulled a muscle in my back and one in my ABS. I at ok for the first time yesterday so hopefully I will have some energy today. I cant believe how weak I feel, just taking a shower and blow drying my hair makes me have to lay back down for a rest. I have no idea when I will feel well enough when I can workout again. I will try hopefully on Monday but it will have to be a very easy workout!

Debbie, I have never been this sick for this long! I think because I got the respitory infection it has made it worse for recovery time. Great job on your workouts. I am so skinny, I lost 11 pounds.

Diane Sue, thanks for the recipe. I use that one all of the time but I don't have a juicer, I use a grater for the ginger. Nice job getting your workouts in over the holidays. I hope you had a good time with all of your family.

Roselyn, wow you are killing it with those on Demand workouts! Good job.

Roxie, I didn't pre order the new dvds. They all seem the same anymore so I just do the Cathe Live because it is so much cheaper. I love all of the On Demand options there are anymore, so much variety.

Doreen, Welcome to the group. I should be back at working out next week, been in bed with the flu.

Belinda, I hope you mother in law is doing well. Prayers coming your way.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Fit Split low impact cardio time saver, 28 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 160, met 5.8, 179 calories, 1,890 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Weight Circuit #1, 28 minutes, heart rate average 104, max 152, met 4.2, 130 calories, 652 steps. I finished off with Kelly's T.L.C. Train like a contender Quick Blend 19 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 171, 125 calories, 1,162 steps. I love this workout. I had to hunt it down. I found that I had put it in a separate holder where I put workouts that I plan on doing in a particular week. I am sure something side tracked me and I forgot about it. I like that it has lots of mixes and you can pick and choose boxing combos or do upper conditioning or lower conditioning. The music is good on this one.
Total time was 75 minutes, 434 calories, 3,704 steps.
Weight Circuit #1 5 rounds timed 30 work 10 rest
rnd 1
flies 15# dbs
skull crusher 15# dbs
overhead alternating press 15# dbs
alternating row from the floor 25# db
kickbacks 8# dbs
deadlifts 35# barbell
squat deadlift 35# barbell
Rnd 2 same as round one skipping overhead press and adding lateral raise with 8# dbs
Rnd 3
bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
double hammer curls 15# dbs
shoulder press 15# dbs
underhand row 35# barbell
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
dead/squat 35# barbell
Rmd 4
bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
alternating lateral raise from behind 8# dbs
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
squat 35# barbell
Rnd 5 (short round)
flies 15# dbs

Debbie, that is great that the pain and tightness is going away. You would probably really like Train Like a Contender. Kelly was having her first of the year sale. I am not sure which ones are discounted or if all are. I think it was at least this week.

Jolie, it is no fun having regular routine tasks causing fatigue. You will have to give yourself at least a couple of weeks post end of flu symptoms and start very slow. Don't over do it or you may make your immune system have to fight that much harder. When I had pneumonia, it took me six weeks to feel mostly normal again. I do not have a juicer either. I freeze the ginger root and grate it with a fine grater by hand and mix it all together. That is a lot of weight to lose. Mine dropped back down the 5# I had gained. I figured it was probably the steroid and meds along with so much liquid trying to stay hydrated and not cough. I am still coughing and can totally sympathize with you there. I have coughed so hard my ribs area hurts.

Diane - I will check her DVD's out when I get home. If they are on sale I'll get a couple more.

Does anyone know why even though I have my time zone set to Eastern Time (US & Canada) which is what I should bet set at, the time is an hour off for me? When I posted this morning it said it was 7:48 but it actually was 8:48. I've always had this issue with this website, maybe I should ask their technical team?

Debbie, it looks like you posted at 1:13 pm Right now I have 2:05 which is correct for Oklahoma according to my computer. Once I post I will look. I don't recall having to set my time zone.
Edited to add that when I click on my post at the top it says 1:37 ??

I looked over the Lite workouts and I pre-ordered the cardio party low impact workout that has some decent bonuses like the abs and I think most have the extended stretch. I also ordered the bonus Pyramid dvd since it looks like I could move up the weights and it has lower and upper which I could do separately along with the bonus cardio added to it. I would like to get the Rumble kickboxing one later. I am sort of not interested in the PHA at the moment. The giant sets( upper workout and lower workout) looks like the same weight increments as most of Cathe's live workouts and very similar to the rest of the giant set workouts. Metabolic is a very light metabolic workout as far as weights. I don't want the bands and body weight workout at all. I purchased the ice to the mat workout mainly to have the full Ice set and I rarely pull it out. I bought most of the Ice workouts to have the Muscle Meltdowns. I am not sorry though. I may change my mind as time goes by. Anyway, that is where I am at now. I thought it said free shipping, but there was not an option for free, there was an option to choose a shipping method to complete the order.

Debbie the times are odd. I went back and checked the time that I posted my workout this morning and it is shortly after I finished my workout and was putting my info in and would have been correct. Maybe it is something going on right now??
Edited to ask why you need to update your Fit Bit yourself. It seems that mine generally updates on it's own. I checked the latest firmware and it shows that mine is up to date. I do not have to do anything. There is something about having problems updating in the questions and answers and maybe you need to go back to your set up to establish the connect feature.

Last edited:
Diane - I just ordered Total Body Kickboxing and the Train like a Contender workout you told me about. Can't wait to get them! I guess Kelly just posted a boxing workout to her RAW that I need to check out as well.

I don't know what is going on with the time on this website, I have always had this issue. I sent a message on the technical forum but haven't checked to see if anyone responded.

Right now it's 6:36 p.m. and I will hit post.

So it just said posted at 5:59. How can it be that far off? I get if it was 5:36 but 5:59? WTH?

I'll have to see how you like those LITE workouts. Right now I have no desire to do a Cathe workout, not sure why? Burnout maybe?

Good evening,
Quick update: My MIL is out off the ICU since Wednesday. She improved so much since then they are transferring her to a rehab center tomorrow.

Today DH and I finish L4 TB Hiit. Than we went to the River walk in Tampa. We walked almost 4 miles. We need a break from sitting all day at the hospital today. I been having a sinus headache since we landed .

I will try to check in tomorrow.

Debbie, I have both of those workouts. I am sure you will enjoy them. That is the way with me on the time. It was an odd time difference. Not a full hour difference. I realize what I see would probably be my time when I look at your posts. It says 4:59 on your post which would be 5:59 for you. But the odd time is what I noticed on mine as well earlier. Kelly did say she was putting out the new workout this weekend. I will have to check.

Belinda, that is great that your mother in law is doing so well. I have been praying for her. I hope she continues to improve. Getting out for a walk probably felt good.

Belinda, great news about your MIL! Your husband must have a sure feeling of relief!

Today I got up and walked the dog 1 mile, it is so cold here today. I am feeling good once I get up and get showered, but getting out of bed is tough. I have no energy so It makes it really hard to pull yourself out of bed to start the day. I am finally starting to eat so that will help me a lot. I hope to start working out on Monday, nothing hard at all. I will take this next week to get into a routine again and lift light weights. I do not think I will do any cardio until I get me strength back.

Debbie, I am going to check out those workouts you just purchased. Do you get them off Amazon or Kelly's website for the best deal?

Diane Sue, Besides probiotics what else would help me get me energy back. I take B vitamins, C, Two types of Calcium, A, D and E, EFAs, DHAs, Grape Seed extract, Beta Sitosterol, and so much more. I should go to a juicing place and get a really powerful juice drink.

Have a nice Saturday.

Today I did Coffey FIt Raw Boxing and Drills, 29 minutes, met 6.0, heart rate average 136, max 170, 2352 steps, 199 calories. I loved this. Kelly uses a step with 1 riser, but says you don't need a step at all. There is only a few segments on the actual step, as most are straddle it or as in one place you just have your hands on it doing knee ins in a plank. It alternates upper body punching , boxing drill segments with a cardio segment. The segments are each done twice and then you move on to the next. Kelly says that you a pair f very light weights if you want. I started with 2# and switched to 1#. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Hips and Glutes which took me 33 minutes instead of the actual 25 minutes because I kept getting text messages. This was met 4.0, 146 calories, 379 steps, ending with Raw Stretch, 25 minutes, 55 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 87 minutes, 400 calories, 2,798 steps.
Hips and Glutes weights 30 seconds on 10 off
squats 4 sets 40# barbell
bridges using the bench 4 sets 40# barbell
deadlifts 40# barbell 1 set regular, 4 sets dead/squat/up 40#
3# ankle weights pizza pusher standing holding step 4 sets
3# ankle weights hydrants 4 sets
3# ankle weights side lateral alternating raise 4 sets
3# ankle weights pizza pusher alternating 6 sets ?
no weight seated on step knee pulls 4 sets
plank knee pull 1 set workout stopped here

Jolie, I think that you are doing amazingly well after how sick that you were. You might try a good greens drink or something like Four Sigmatic Cordyceps mushroom coffee. It helps with energy and immunity. Also are you using L Glutamine. I added a tub of that from MRM when I was feeling really low. It is recommended for RA and autoimmune disease and helps recover the digestive system. It helps the body produce gluthione. Bone Broth should help as well. Eat well, and you will get your energy back. Don't push too hard. Nice that you were able to take the dog for a walk. Kelly was/is having a new year sale on her dvds.

Afternoon :)

Started my week with Cardio Coach; the lovely Ms. Candace, and my muscles are feeling it to with them hills.

Question has anyone heard, when Cathe plan to ship new workout series? I am anxiously waiting :oops::rolleyes::oops:

Headed to Kohl’s and Walmart, have a wonderful day all.

Good Afternoon,

Still fighting the cold an babysitting two of my grandsons today.

Daughter of Zion- the new workouts are being shipped to Cathe and as soon as she gets them they will ship. If you checkout the newest upcoming release section the information is on there.

Doz, I got the impression that the dvds should be shipping later this next week. I am not sure though. The sale prices end the 10th. Nice work doing Candice. That was always a favorite of mine.

Roxie, so sorry the cold is hanging on. I am picking up two of my grandchildren from school tomorrow, so will be having them till my daughter is done with her PTO meeting at the school.

Today I started Week 7 of LIIFT4 and this week the workouts change a bit. Today I worked my Back & Chest and it was tough. I went up in weight a bit and really felt it. This is going to be an odd week, though, because there are only two days of weights that I can do, the rest is legs and HiiT. My hamstring is definitely feeling better, but it certainly isn't 100% yet. I don't want to do the leg and Hiit workouts, although I wish I could - they look really fun.

3 sets/10 reps per circuit round
Round 1
Chest Press: 30's
Chest Flies: 25's
Dumbbell Row: 25's
Reverse Flies: 15's

Round 2
Rotating Chest Press: 25's
Decline Press w/Bridge: 22's
Pullover: 35#/30#/30#
Wide Dumbbell Row: 15's

Burnout Round
Regular Pushups
Back Extensions
Wide Pushups
3 sets 30 seconds each with minimal rest. I could not keep going on these, they were HARD!!!

Abs:
Toe Reachers: 15#
Straight Leg Windshield Wipers
3 sets/30 seconds each with minimal rest.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 257 calories and my HR was 124/158 . I did 578 steps so not many, but most of the workout is done on the floor.

Jolie - Hope you are recovering, take it easy this week. I got those Kelly workout from her website, I never even thought of looking elsewhere for them. :)

Roselyn - Nice job with your new rotation! Looks like it's fun.

Diane - Looking forward to Kelly's workouts that I ordered, and I watched the new Boxing one she has out there, it looks like fun! I see you tried it and said it was fun, I can't wait til I can do it. How do you feel after Hips and Glutes? I won't do that one again, I don't think, but if I ever do, I won't be using 40# on it. Yea, that time thing on this website makes no sense at all.

Belinda - So glad to hear your MIL is doing better, that is great news! Are you done with LIIFT4 now? I love this series, I really wish I could have done the leg portion, it looks really good. What will you do next?

Roxie - Hope you feel better soon, sorry that cold is hanging on like that.

DOZ - Nice job with Cardio Coach with Candace, my favorite one!!! You rocked it!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Last edited:
Roselyn, nice work on Combat. Those Les Mills combat workouts are lots of fun.

Debbie, I am fine after Raw Hips and Glutes. I used 3# ankle weights, but when doing it that got tough. I was thinking that 5# would have been pushing my luck even though she mentioned 5#. She was not using any ankle weights. Maybe just do the weight work and not all of those leg lifts and hydrants. There are a lot of reps. I did feel like I really needed a good stretch when I was done and that is why I added the stretch. She mentions on the Boxing and Drills workout that you might want to do the stretch to finish it off. I think she said something about another lower body workout she is working on. Also some were asking for a pyramid workout and she says she plans on doing one, but is doing it with one of her other people and is waiting for that person to have the time. You are still getting in excellent workouts in and I know how it is when you are forced to miss out on some aspects.

Afternoon Everyone :)

I got a late started this morning, slept really good.

This morning, I did Cardio Coach ‘press play’ guys, just got the memo, Cathe will be shipping new series on the 10th providing weather permits. Man oh man, that was music to my ears. I’m just so bored with all the old workouts I have, just needing some life in my workouts, after I finished CC I couldn’t bring myself to go in my basement and do abs or upper body.

Nice work everyone. Well off to pay some bills argh.....ttyl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.