Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2019!!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey TLC cardio express mix, 15 minutes, 99 calories, heart rate average 115, max 145, 1,052 steps. I followed this with Coffey FIt Raw Strong and lean, 45 minutes, heart rate average 119, max 162, met 5.0, 248 calories, 2,110 steps. I finished off with TLC again since it was in the player and did the push up flip up bonus doing the crunch/reverse crunch variation and adding the stretch. I am not sure if I have ever done the push up flip up bonus. It is just flipping cards and choosing either push ups, crunches, or squats and doing how many reps the card says. This with the stretch was 13 minutes, 36 calories and 41 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 383 calories 3,203 steps.
Strong and Lean Kelly uses 33# barbell 10# dumbbells and a 20# kettle bell(I used 35# barbell, 10# dumbbells, and 25# kettle bell
cardio punches/squat hops, then punches front, up, front low
barbell squat 35# barbell 10 reps
double hand swings 25# kettle bell 20 reps
cardio skate hop side to side ending with just hop side to side
biceps curls 35# barbell 10 reps
kettle bell single arm swings 10 reps and 10 reps 25#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers using barbell to hold onto
dead lift 35# barbell 10 reps
kettle bell swings alternating 20 reps 25#
cardio insole slaps/ butt kicker jog ending with just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip 35# barbell 10 reps
figure 8 kettle bell 20 reps 25#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then center with jumps
thrusters barbell 35# 10 reps
double swing 25# kettlebell 20 reps
cardio punches with tuck jump
barbell bent over rows 35# 10 reps
alternating kettle bell swings 25# 20 reps
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps just shooting
dumbbell kick backs 10# dbs 10 reps
kettle bell double hand swings 25# 20 reps, alternating swings 25# 20 reps, figure 8 25# 20 reps
mixture of all of the cardios cardio punch and skater, butt kicker jog, step side shoot
dead lift high pull 35# barbell 10 reps/ clean from the hip 35# barbell 10 reps
feet on the barbell bridges 20 reps then 20 pulses
feet under the barbell sit ups 20 reps
bench press hands wide barbell 35# 20 reps, then close grip 35# 20 reps

Doz, nice work. Yes, once I get bored, I drag through choosing workouts. I need something to look forward to. I guess that is why streaming sometimes works for that. I can look forward to something new that way.

I am back to working out, but I went lighter than usual and I picked a short workout. I still feel weird from that Antibiotic. I feel like something is growing inside of me, a crawling ( light when you pour peroxide on a cut and it foams up) feeling I just cant explain it. Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 297 calories. I did Cathe Live Upper Body and Core Express, I really liked it.

1 Arm Rows- 20# x 12, x 12

Bicep Curls 2/2 count- 15's x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12, x 12
Sweeping Curls- 12's x 12, x 12
Curls, 2 count up 6 count down- 15's x 8

Lateral Raise( 4 side of thighs, 4 front of thighs alternating) 5's x 24 x 24
High Ends x multi 5's
Overhead Press- 12's x 12, x 12
Upright Rows- 12's x 12, x 12
Front Raise- 8's x 12, x 12
Rear Flies- 8's x 12, x 12

PullOvers- 12's x 12, x 12
Chest Flies- 12's x 12, x 12
Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 12

Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12, x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's x 12, s 12
Kickbacks- 8's x 12, x 12

ABS

Debbie, I am so glad your hamstring is feeling better! Nice job on the workout today, you are getting so strong girl!!! I am taking it very easy this week, I am in no rush so I will be listening to my body.

DOZ, I hope you get your new workouts in the mail soon! I love to get new workouts, the same workouts all the time get so boring and your body thrives with change. I cant wait to hear what you think of them!!!

Roselyn, great job on the the Les Mills workout yesterday.

Belinda, how is your MIL doing? Prayers coming your way!

Roxie, I hope you have a good workout. I lost 12 pounds with the flu so I have that out of the way for the year!!! IF there was a silver lining to getting sick that was the only thing.

Diane Sue, Great workout today! I went to Necktr yesterday and got an immune boost juice with spinach, kale, green apple, lemon, cayenne, ginger tumeric and boy was it strong and good. It really made me feel better, I am getting another one today. Is there anything else I should put in it for recovery? I would love to get a juicer, do you have one? I think it is expensive to buy all the veggies for one glass of juice!

Make it a great day my friends.

Jolie, I get the crawling thing , but it is along my neck and shoulder and sometimes it even itches and is so deep I cannot scratch it. I think it is from the nerve damage form the needle biopsy on my lymph node in my neck. Sometimes it stings. The itching drives me crazy. Lions mane mushroom seems to help with that. I had read that it can help nerve damage. Among other things. Brain function as well. The only thing is when I stop using it daily it all comes back. I am not sure why the antibiotic would make you feel like something is crawling. That juice drink sounds like a good one. I sometimes pick up one of the Suja drinks with greens that Doz has mentioned when I am at Sprouts. I do not have a juicer, but have heard that it takes an incredible amount of veggies to make a cup of juice. I have just shoved my Ninja full of different greens, a chunk of ginger, cayenne pepper, maybe a piece of fruit or berries, whatever I could think of. My Ninja quit :( Adding some tumeric seems like it would be good to fight off the inflammation. I picked up some more L glutamine yesterday. I have taken Amazing Grass Immunity greens or Antioxidant and added lemon juice, acv, and ginger, along with a teaspoon of local bee pollen to it for my daily drink you could add tumeric to it. A lot of the greens powders carry adaptogens and probiotics in them. I am picky on which ones I use though. Vibrant health has a really good formula, but I feel it needs the lemon juice and I put a spoon of honey in it. Otherwise I do not care for the flavor all that much. I did that daily after surgery. It really does help. I usually keep lemons and limes in my fruit bowl.

Roselyn, I really was enjoying Les Mills, but did not want to pay for it right now. I may go back eventually.

Today I walked on my treadmill for about a mile. Did it at a speed of 2.5 so didn't really burn many calories. My HR was around 65-72 bpm every time I looked at my FB. But that's ok, I wanted to see how my hamstring felt walking a bit on it. It got tight again and it was burning right where the glute and hamstring meet, but after a bit that went away. I seem to be ok right now but definitely not ready to run. I'll keep walking until that burning goes away and then add cardio in slowly.

Diane - Wow, Kelly is doing a lot on her RAW. There are so many workouts on there now, it's incredible. And the more I look at the Hips & Glutes workout, the more I think it was those squat-deadlift thing she does. I did those with 40# and that was probably too heavy. I think I did this injury doing the deadlift, not the pizza presses and hydrants. I think those irritated it more but didn't cause this. But anyways, if I ever do that workout again, I won't be using 40#. Nice job with your workout yesterday, I can't wait to get TLC (is that the one I ordered?), the flip thing looks interesting. I should look at her premixes more, I don't usually do that.

DOZ - Great job with Press Play. That one I only do on high energy days. LOL!!

Jolie - Nice job on the workout and for going a bit lighter, although that looked quite challenging. Hope you are ok today. I get that crawling thing, too, I know exactly what you are talking about. I get it in my forehead sometimes. Not sure what it means??

Roselyn - How long is the rotation you are doing? It's hard to decide on keeping an on demand thing due to cost. I want them all but would go broke if I subscribed to them all. LOL!!

Belinda - Are you guys back home?

Roxie - Hope you are feeling better.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Debbie, nice that you were able to walk on the treadmill today. Kelly has a lot of great premixes. The push up/flip bonus is Kelly doing all push ups, and each time she flips a card, she does that many reps. This goes on for about 7 and 1/2 minutes. One of the ladies does all squats and the other does crunch/reverse crunch. After the weight workout I decided I was not willing to do that many push ups. Kelly said something on facebook about how many total push ups that ended up being. TLC has some great mixes. You can do an upper or a lower mix. There is also a boxing option and you can choose which boxing segments that you want to do. This is not a high impact workout. I have read where some do the boxing on a heavy bag. Yes, you ordered TLC and I believe Total Body Kickbox :)

Good morning,

I am home again. Yesterday we didn't get home until late evening, we had a late flight out. Glad to be home again.

This morning I started round 2 of L4 D1 Chest/Triceps 50/50.

Diane Sue - your workout yesterday looks intense. Good job!

Debbie - yes, we are home again. My MIL is in rehab, she is doing really well for 80 years old.

Jolie - my MIL is doing really well. She doesn't like the rehab center, lol. Great job on your weights workout.

I will be back later.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills, 31 minutes, 202 calories, met 5.9, 2,593 stesp, heart rate average 131, max 166. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Perfect 10 which is a body weight workout in my rotation. This was 26 minutes, 103 calories,m met 3.6, heart rate 101, max 129, 654 steps. Total calories today was 305, 57 minutes, 3,247 steps.

Coffey Fit Raw Perfect 10
Body weight no equipment all moves done in 10 reps
Squat 10 reps
Plie squat on toes 10 reps
Single leg squat pulse 10 reps and 10 reps
Split push up 5 & 5 done twice, duck hand push up 10 reps, military push up 10 reps
Squat out lunge squat back 10 and 10 reps
Reverse lunge pulse knee up 10 and 10 reps
Side lunge alternating 10 reps
Pike push up 10 reps
Side 1 arm push up 10 and 10
Plank kick throughs 10 reps
Squat thrust side to side 10 reps
Frog squat 10 reps
Plie squat on heel lift to toes 10 reps
Side triceps push up 10 and 10
Squat thrust 10 reps
Bicycle 10 reps, crunch hip lift 10 reps repeat

Belinda, welcome back. It always feels good to be home :) I am so happy that your mother in law is doing well.

Debbie, I am in a special group of Kelly Coffey followers on facebook and thought that you would like this from Kelly so I copied it.
Kelly Coffey Meyer I filmed another workout this morning: Boxing and cardio on the Heavy bag. But before I release this one i will release my leg & glutes finisher so (name here) can make it one of your add-on challenges. GOOD LUCK!

Today I went for a 3.5 mile walk outside. 1 hour and 5 minutes and I burned 431 calories. I cant get my heart rate up yet or I cough too much. Tomorrow I will do another Cathe Live workout, weights only.

Debbie, I am glad you got a nice walk in today! How about more ballet style leg training? Lengthen the muscles! :)

Belinda, welcome home and nice workout.

Roselyn, Did you order Cathe's new dvd's? I did not order them, I just do the Cathe Live workouts,

Diane Sue, I got another juice drink today. Spinach, celery, parsley, apple, ginger and lemon with cayenne pepper. I love how I feel after drinking it!

Debbie - impressive weights yesterday. Sorry you can't do the leg workouts in Lift. The HiiT workout was a killer. I really like L4. He packs a lot in a short amount of time. Today I started round 2 of L4. I probably will move to another series after L4. Maybe 80 Day Obsessions? I haven't decided? The workouts are all between 40 - 60 min a day. What are you doing next?

Jolie - so sorry to still not feeling well. Glad to hear you listen to your body. Hope you feel better soon. Good job today.

Diane Sue - l can't wait to hear how you like Cathe's new workouts. I may give Cathe Live (thanks to Jolie) a try after all my subscription run out. I have plenty workouts too keep me busy until than :)

Good Evening,

I am feeling much better going to try and workout tomorrow. Got a notice that my Cathe’s have shipped so excited.

I did order the new dvds but tried to cancel so I don't know

Debbie the rotation is 2 months so I am deciding

Today was day 2 of cosmo school and loving it, we are actually going to cut tomorrow !! I will let you know how it goes

Today I did a BodyCombat

Today I did les mills body pump, I do like les mills on demand but the bodypumps don't vary much I feel like when you have done one they are all done in the same manner and sequence, grit is tough cardio and I like it but cathe live has so many different weight routines, cardio etc so I may cancel les mills for now and Body Beast is one of my faves

Day 3 of cosmo today and so far love it we are actually going to cut today!!

Have good workouts girls

Today I did Kelly's Cardio Pump - Kickboxing workout and had a great time. I used my new 2# weighted gloves my very cool brother in law gave me for Christmas and it really made it much harder. I did the low impact for all the other moves and my hamstring did well. Love this workout now that I know it and the music is awesome.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 261 calories and HR was 148/182. I did 3192 steps.

Then I walked on my treadmill for about a half mile, nothing major just wanted to get more steps in. I walked at a very slow pace. Hamstring feels pretty good so I'm excited about that!!

Diane - Looking forward to the new Kelly workouts I ordered, that TLC one sounds really fun. She posted on Twitter that the workouts will be shipped by the end of the month, I wonder why it takes her so long to get them out? Nice job on your workouts yesterday, I can't wait to be able to do the Boxing and Drills, that looks so fun!! Thanks for sending me what she posted on FB, usually she Tweets out the same things but I didn't see that one.

Belinda - I don't think I want to do the LIIFT4 workouts again. I am bummed that I missed the leg portion, though. I will definitely do the series again, but not for a while. Not sure what I want to do next, I was thinking about the RIPT workouts. I was actually thinking about the 80 Days Obsession, I may check those out before I decide. Glad you are back and hope you MIL continues to get better.

Jolie - Nice job with your walk, you are coming along! Ballet leg workouts do not sound much fun to me. LOL!! I think I'll be good to go in a week or two. I am feeling much better.

Roxie - Yay on your workouts getting shipped!! Hope you can workout today, glad you are feeling better.

Roselyn - How exciting about your classes, brings back memories for me. I loved the classes, too, they were fun. Lots of hands on. What do you practice cutting hair on? Mannequins?

DOZ - Hope you get your new workouts soon, I hear they have been shipped.

Where did Doreen go?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

L4 Round 2 D2 Back & Biceps Circuit is done.

Debbie - I hear you on being bummed out about not doing the leg workout. My plan is to do 80 Days Obsession after L4.I think whatever you decide on will be a good one. I was thinking adding an extra leg day to L4? What do you think? Maybe overkill? Thanks about my MIL. I am so glad she is doing better.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Good Morning,

I did L4 WK3 D3 Shoulders finishing out the week I missed. I have a slight cough now but not to bad.

Front Raise-10lb 10x3
Upright Row-10lb 10x3
Single Leg Jumps for HiiT
Lateral Raise-10lb 10x2 8lb 10x1
Shoulder Press-10lb 10x3
Skaters
Shoulder Flys-3lbs 10x3
Swimmers-3lb 10x3
Squat Jacks
Side Crunch w/8lbs
Windshield Wipers

Debbie-good job with your workout

Belinda-glad MIL is ok

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step #2 40 minutes, 260 calories, heart rate average 138, max 173, met 5.9, 3,543 steps. I then did Raw large muscle finisher which is on my rotation for today, 22 minutes, met 4.2, 102 calories, 221 steps, heart rate 102 average, 156 max?? Total time was 62 minutes, 362 calories, 3,764 steps.
I wasted some time because when I went to the Large Muscle Finisher I kept getting an error. I tried differnt things and finally the VHX channel would not even open. I tried on my lap top and it would not work so I just did the workout without the video. I have it written down and have done it enough. When I was done I checked and it was back up and running:rolleyes:
Large Muscle Finishe 12 reps each exercise 3 rounds
squat 25# dbs
alternating lunges 15# dbs
bench press with pulses 15# dbs
flys with a turn 15# dbs
1 arm row 30# db
pullover 30# db done rnd 1 and 3(this was missed on round 2 so at the end of rnd 3 kelly ads alternating db rows which I used 15# dbs for

I need to run, I have a vet appointment for my dogs yearly shots.

Roselyn, even on the Body Pump dvds I felt like that. There is different music and subtle changes in the movement patterns, but pretty much in the same order.
The addition of other workouts on the streaming keeps it more interesting though.

Roxie and Belinda nice work this morning.

Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body minus the core. My side muscle hurts so bad from when I was coughing really hard, I either tore a muscle or pulled it really bad. Workout was 51 minutes and I burned 437 calories, a little higher than normal and I was lifting slightly lighter weights. I am struggling to get through my workouts, I still feel horrible, especially in the morning and evenings. I just cant kick the phlegm, I am drinking Apple Cider Vinegar and that is not helping either. I don't ever want to take an antibiotic ever again!
This workout was in Giant Set fashion and three rounds of the Giant Set.

1 Arm Rows- 20# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
DB pullovers- 24# x 12 These killed my side!
Wide Grip Pull Downs instead of bands- 50# x 12

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Rear Flies- 10's x 12
Front Raise- 8's x 12
Lateral Raise- 8's x 12

Chest Flies-15's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 12
Chest Press, no pushups- 15's x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 12
Chest Press- 15's x 12

Traditional Curls- 15's x 12 ( 3 rounds )
W Curls- 12's x 12
Hammer Curls- 12's x 12
Crazy Eights- 10's x 24

No ABS.

Debbie, Awesome workout today using your weighted gloves! I always use mine and boy do you get a better workout! I am so happy that your hamstring is healing!!!!! I cant wait for you to run again, you seem happier when you get too :) Running and walking really gets the endorphens going and that makes us happy.

Roselyn, I am so glad you are enjoying Cosmetology school! I loved it and I still do everyones hair, color is my favorite! I might re enstate my licence, underground and all... I would just have to go to the state board and take my test which by the way is super easy! Get into Bayliage hair painting you can charge a fortune!!!! Nice workout today.

Roxie, I am glad that you are feeling better! I am still coughing and blowing my nose like crazy too! Great job on the workout today!

Belinda, I am loving Cathe Live, all the different workouts and I swear I can never get bored. My body is responding well to not lifting as heavy and working more body parts per day.

Diane Sue, What do you think about beets for juicing? I am trying to detox my kidneys and liver and I notice the juice place I have been going to has a beet drink. Nice job on the workout today. Are Kelly's step workouts really difficult and fast moving like Cathe's workouts? I just cant do them I get so dizzy and I don't have enough room. I would like to try the workout you did today if it isn't too advanced.

My New Year's Resolution for working out is to lift lighter and longer, more endurance style workouts to avoid injury and to burn more calories. I will also do more kickboxing this year and Cathe incorporates a lot of leg exercises into her workouts so those will be my leg days as well as a total body workout. My goal is to loose 5 more pounds. I am going to get on the scale everyday to track my progress. I got of the scale for 2 years and gained 12 pounds!!! Now that I have lost that weight I look so much better and my pants fit great too!

I follow a gal on Instagram named elizabethaylorfitness Boy she has some great workouts and the most awesome physique. Check her out to get some good lifting ideas.

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.