Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2020

Today I did Step Boss Step Sync timesaver #5 finished product 3 times, 38 minutes, heart rate 107/151, 175 calories, 3,673 steps. I don't know why, but I was not winded even a little bit through most of this today. I then did Raw abs finisher, 18 minutes 45 calories, 317 steps. Finished with Fit Bit down dog (guess this is the name of a fitness streaming site) energizing yoga flow, 16 minutes, 44 calories, 17 steps. This yoga was just the typical flow of yoga moves. Total time was 72 minutes, 264 calories, 4,007 steps.

Belinda, nice work today. Was that a low impact floor workout or did it use a step?

Doreen, I have started writing down some of these streaming sites. My problem with the Fitbit workouts is that I can't mark favorites or save them somewhere for later. They are categorized somewhat though. I even noticed a jump rope workout. Not that I plan on jumping rope. My knees would not be happy.

Debbie, yes, Sammy did look like she was struggling. I did not go as heavy on some of the moves. Particularly the ones I knew I would feel in the front of the shoulder. I am sore from these workouts. Not the pain thing though, just sore. The weight plates always look uncomfortable to me for some of those moves. Sammy looks like her shoulders were bearing the pressure of holding that weight plate sometimes and I know my hands and fingers would not handle holding the edge of the weight plate like that. The reason I use the kettlebells is that I get a closer grip holding the kettlebell, much like the weight plate would be. Each time I have done it , I try to find what is not uncomfortable and still get the same work that Kelly is doing. The heaviest weight plate I have is 25# and I would have to go take it off my husband's barbell downstairs. Maybe if the plates had the grip handles or openings it would work better. I do like the format and moves and getting so much work in in a short time.
See what I mean about my Fitbit. I got 78 calories out of that workout and I know it should be over a hundred.

Jolie, that is a stupendous workout ;) You are getting is some awesome workouts. I love crossbody extensions. Do you do the pulldowns from the front or back. I just remember reading something about shoulder issues and which way to do them. I think they said better front, but I am not sure. It seems Cathe does them with bands and tubing from the front. Just curious :)
I had one Amazon delivery guy look like he was going to run and he was on the other side of our gate when I went outside with my dog in back. She came up barking. I told him I was sorry, she needed out and I try to keep her in when I know packages are coming. That is why I went out with her. I put her in the house and took the package from him over the gate. He said he had been bit before, so I understand the fear I guess.
As for the neighbor's dog, I have never had a problem with it. It seems friendly. The guy is a retired lawyer and spends a lot of time doing stuff in his garage. His dog is usually hanging out there with him. When I am out front, it will come out and sit just outside of his garage and watch me, but never moves toward me or even barks, so I don't really understand the Amazon guy freaking out.

Back for personals.

Doreen - I know what you mean about Easter. It was nice here but really windy. Now it's in the 30's again and rainy. It makes a depressing situation more depressing. :( That Kick It workout looks fun, how much is the subscription for her channel?

Diane - Yep, I thought Box & Tone was the one you did with the kettlebell and dumbbells. I want to do that workout too, it looks fun. I'm glad Kelly posted Box and Tone on the RAW channel. I agree with you about the corona updates, same thing. One day things sound dire, then next there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Wish they'd make up their minds. Our governor does a daily update at 2 p.m. and I stopped watching it. Its the same thing over and over. And doing pullups with the bar in front is safer than with the bar behind you. Not sure why, but I've always done pullups with the bar in front. When I did today's workout I used dumbbells and my barbell. I have no idea how Kelly and Sammie held onto those weights like that. The chest presses looked weird. I have weights like that but they have holes in them so you can hold onto them, but I still don't think it would be comfortable using them. I loved that squat/reverse lunge move, I really felt that in my bootay!

Belinda - Great job with Cathe Live today! I sort of miss her workouts and then I sort of don't. I miss her kickboxing and bag workouts, I love those. I probably should just pay for the download and get them so I can do them again.

Jolie - Great job with your own total body workouts. They look fun. I don't know how you do those treadmill workouts with an 8% incline. That is insane! I would die! LOL!

Roselyn - Good job with STS!! Are you doing the whole series?

Roxie - Hope you are doing well, haven't heard from you in a while. Check in when you can.

Reactions: WD
Jolie - Its an app - search your app store for Cyberobics. Then I cast it using chromecast. Its free because of COVID.

This morning I was dragging and my right knee felt a little off. So I took it kinda easy and did a Cyberobics workout Power Circle with Anja. It was set up in tracks and was like a bootcamp where every track had cardio and weights with a body part focus. Its high reps so I just took the jumping out and stepped back on the burpee moves and it worked just fine.

Good morning,

Today I did CL # 288 Hooked on PHA. I liked this one a lot. Very sweaty workout.

Jolie - have fun with your workout today. Whatever you decide to do today, I am sure its a good one. I probably should follow your weight workouts.

Debbie - I do enjoy CL Kickboxing workouts. I probably will buy a few downloads which I know I will do again.

Roselyn - great job on STS yesterday.

Doreen - funny, Neou sent me email with with a link about the free streaming. It went into my junk folder.
Need to check that workout out you did this morning. It probably will kill me, lol. Great job!

Diane - great job yesterday.

I will be back later.

I did some fun workouts again today. I noticed Kelly put up a RAW Heavy Bag 2 workout, not sure when she did that, but I've been wanting to try out my bag again so I did it. I told myself that if my shoulders or upper back started to hurt, I would stop. Luckily, no hurt anywhere and I had a FABULOUS (LOL!) workout.

I was hoping there would be ab work at the end and there was. It was good, too.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 231 calories and did 2901 steps. HR was 115/162. Now this is weird, my FB said I only did 2901 steps but I had over 4,000 on it. There is no way I walked 2000 steps this morning before I started my workout. I found that odd.

Then I did Max Climb 10 with Marc and had a fun workout. This one is a hill climb one and I've done it before, it's fun.

Workout was 15 minutes, burned 87 calories (MT said 105), went .32 miles and did 816 steps. HR was 119/162.

I'm really enjoying my workouts lately, maybe it's because I'm not rushed to get them done since I'm working from home. I'm on spring break this week so I don't have to work at all. :)

Hope you all have great workouts today! BBL!

Debbie, I just did the Heavy Bag 2 as well and was apprehensive about the shoulder, but all was good. It was good today because my right knee was hurting last night and I didn't want to do impact so this was perfect. Lucky you, my stats were 40 minute, 144 calories, heart rate average 99 ax 141, 2,737 steps. I hit the bag so hard and even though I wore my gloves that are heavier padded than those pink ones Kelly has on, I rubbed skin off my knuckles. Maybe I hit it too hard. I use my body to get into it and know I am doing it right. I just done' get that winded lately and heart rate stays down. I have 3,553 steps on my Fit bit right now and I had it in my charger while I had my coffee and read this morning. Generally by the time I get upstairs to workout I have somewhere between 600 and 900 on my Fit bit when I start. I did get a few extra steps in after midnight though because we watched Bad Boys 2 at midnightt. Not a lot of walking around though. So I think mine is right. That is weird about your reading though. Kelly put this workout up at least a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to try, but my shoulder kept bothering me so was afraid to.

I finished my workout so I did Raw Heavy Bag 2 which was 40 minutes, and 3 yoga workouts strung together from Fitbit app , Barre 3 undo+flow 11 minutes, downdog yoga for stress 15 minutes, and downdog ease upper body tension 16 minutes. Total time spent today 82 minutes calories burned 259 calories.

Debbie, I thought it was pull ups and pulldowns in front for safety. I think the other way the shoulder is more vulnerable. Les Mills Pump sometimes had you use a weight plate, but theirs hadn the open handles in them. I used them sometimes. But, they were using much lighter weight plates.

Doreen, I hope your knee is okay. Nice workout today even if you had to modify.

Belinda, it has been so long since I have done Cathe Live. Glad that you are enjoying it.

Today I did Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets. Had a good workout but started feeling it during the back section. I only did 2 sets there. I've been washing curtains and cleaning vertical and horizontal blinds and my shoulders and traps are sore so I need to be careful I feel a couple knots in my upper back again too. :rolleyes:

SS #1
Reverse Grip Press: 15's
Lateral Raise & Extend: 5's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #2
Pulse Curls: 12's/10's/10's
Pledges: 12's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #3
Seated Overhead Triceps Ext: 25#
Tate Press: 12's - these hurt my elbows, I don't care for them.
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #4
Reverse Grip Bench Press: 15's (I did normal bench press, couldn't feel these in my chest)
Connected Dumbbell Press: 15's
3 sets/8 reps no rest - KILLER!

SS #5
Seated Rows: 15's
Standing Cross Row: 15#
3 sets/8 reps no rest
(I did only 2 sets)

BURNOUT WITH LIGHT DUMBBELLS
Alternate Upright Rows: 5's - 30 seconds
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 30 seconds
Alternate Hammer Curl Runs - 8's - 30 seconds
Run Rows but only 1 weight: 8# - 30 seconds (need to go heavier)

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 158 calories, did 909 steps and HR was 104/157.

Walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes, burned 188 calories, went 1.44 miles and did 3515 steps. HR was 113/153.

I have some errands to run so I will try to be back later. Stay safe everyone!

Yesterday was my rest day.

Today I had an incredible workout, I did just cardio today. I started with a walk on my TM, 40 minutes, 7.5 incline, 3.3 speed, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 406 calories. Then I pulled out a real goodie, Les Mills Combat 30, (one of my favorite short workouts) and used 1 pound gloves. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 365 calories. Total calories burned was 771. Average heart rate was 137 and max was 179. I am dripping wet and it feels great!!!

I am so sick of staying at home!!! I am sick of doing so much laundry, cleaning the house and doing dishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Debbie, great job on the RAW workout today. I am so sick of cleaning I could scream! No one picks up after themselves and every morning I wake up to a house that looks like a FRAT HOUSE! I wish I had a girl in my life right now, I am sick of being in the house with all men for so long!!!

Belinda, thanks for the info on the download workout. Nice workouts lately yourself! How is your knee today? Maybe do some of Cathe Live boxing workouts where there are not a lot of kicks to aggravate your knees. Can you do step workouts or does that hurt them as well? I like Cathe's step workouts like Athletic step, no dance moves just straight forward power moves.

Doreen, way to go on the workout today.

Diane Sue, Nice workout yesterday, do you have a heavy bag or do you just do the workout without one?

Roselyn, how are you?

Have a wonderful day. It will be 72 degrees here today, it is just GLORIOUS out today.

This morning I did a Cyberobics cycling video, a upper body video and a upper body mini band video.

I liked the cycling video. It was through the ring of fire in Nevada and you are "riding" with 3 other cyclists. So no verbal cueing - you just follow along if they stand to go up a hill, etc. It was fun.

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 4 mile power walk, stopping after 3 miles, 54 minutes, 301 calories, 5,709 steps, heart rate 128/155 heart rate. We went grocery shopping at 1 am and were the only people in the store other that employees. I decided to make it a light workout and will probably do some yoga and extra stretching later. BBL

Hi everyone,

I did Ilaria Atletica and yoga stretch w/weights of IG live.

Jolie - you are welcome! Cathe has a lot of power step live workouts which I like a lot. Have you ever tried any of Jenny Ford step workouts on youtube. No fancy or tricky step workout. Nice job on your workouts today.

Debbie - great job on your workout today.

Diane - sometimes you have to have a lighter day workout. I dd one today.

Roselyn - great job on your workout today,

Doreen - great job on your workout as well.

Have a great job!

I have 13,599 steps today. But, I had 1300 when I went to bed at 2:30 this morning :) I did that workout and they were talking about a cold front and maybe storms coming in again so I went out and mowed the back and my husband cleaned up leaves and seed pods that are all over the place. I guess between that and house cleaning tonight, I got a lot more steps than usual in.
I don't know how Kelly uses those Everlast open finger gloves that she wears for the heavy bag. I have that pair and there is no way. I tear up my hands with my combat gloves and actual boxing gloves. I thought those were meant to be worn inside the boxing gloves. Maybe I get a bit too aggressive.
My heart rate was up today pretty well through that walking workout. I thought about why, and I drank a cup of caffeinated coffee this morning. I usually avoid caffeine.

Debbie, I did that when I was doing PT on my shoulder and neck and it made a lot of pain come back. For some reason I thought I needed to clean the curtains and windows in the sun room and rehang everything. I paid for it the next day. I need to paint that room. It is the only room that has not been painted since we moved here and it is odd colors since at one time those walls were outdoors. Like cream, red, and green. It wouldn't take much other than the ceiling goes up high and would need a ladder for sure. Most is windows and glass. Freaks me out every time there is a hail storm. Good choice for a workout. I had wanted to do Build and Burn this week, but after my knee started bothering me I kind of held off on another week of different body parts. Maybe should have done an upper body. I did the 4th day of 5 day strength on Monday. I need more weight work this week. Maybe the heavy bag 2 workout was some strength though.

Jolie, love the descriptive words. It was a beautiful day outside today here too. Nice work today. I love Les Mills Combat. Kelly does simple step workouts on her Raw streaming. Most of them incorporate some boxing. I really like them and they are not complicated. I have a 100 pound heavy bag on a free standing stand that also has a speed bag. I never use the speed bag though. It takes up a huge corner in my workout room. It originally had a 50 # bag on it and it swung so much so I bought the 100 pound. I use a bungie cord to baton it down to the loop at the bottom of the stand. I use the heavy bag for those workouts. I saw Kelly had hers rigged with a weight plate at the bottom to slow the movement. I remember with the 50 when I did some sprawls on a workout and came back up to hit the bag it would swing back and hit me unless I remembered to pull away just in time. I was going to post a picture, but couldn't find one easily. I know I have some in the workout room somewhere.
Even if you had girls you would still have more work. They can be just as messy at times, but in a different way. It is just a lot more work with more people in the house. Anytime I have company in for awhile it seems I am working constantly with little break just to get in a workout and then non stop picking up, cleaning and prepping for the next day, socializing, and falling into bed and crashing.

Doreen, another good workout. I used to do some I Fit workouts videos that would have you running through different places. I liked those. Not a lot of talking but cues for picking up speed and elevation or hooking up my treadmill to the television and somehow it knew when to lower and increase speed and elevation automatically. I did not use that feature very many times.

Roselyn, nice work with X train today.

Belinda, it is good to make the workouts lighter once in awhile. I did not take a rest day last week, and just did not feel like pushing myself while the knee is bothering me. Actually today it reverted to the other knee. Wrists are a bit tingly and I think it is from the heavy bag work. I hate getting old!! I did not feel I was hitting the bag as hard as I usually do. Jessica Smith doesn't seem to get fancy with her step work either. Only she seems to only use the little high step for what she does. What is IG??

It snowed again here last night. Bleck - I'm just ready for summer. My son said it felt like Christmas break with no Christmas since its snowed twice this week!!

We were planning to do a nice bike ride tomorrow but now with snow and rain possibly tomorrow the trails will be a mess so we'll have to see about that.

Today I tried RAW Intervals #5 and loved it. What a fun workout. It goes from a boxing segment to a kettlebell segment to a dumbbell exercise. Fun stuff. Poor Kelly, she did it once already before the taping of it because she thought the camera was on the first time. I would definitely make sure the camera is on and working before I started working out. Poor thing!!

I put my FB on Circuit workout and I guess it did ok with clocking it. I usually just use Workout mode. Workout was 30 minutes, burned 191 calories, did 2152 steps and HR was 119/172.

Then I did Max Endurance 14 with Jared and had an excellent workout. Love this one. Workout was 19 minutes, burned 130 calories, went .45 miles, did 1183 steps and HR was 127/167.

I'm a bit worried about my brother, he called me this morning to tell me his heart has been racing since 3 a.m. This happened to him once before but it stopped after a few hours. I think it's anxiety related, he is having issues with his stupid ex-wife and his derilict kids. Messed up situation for sure. I hope he is ok, I don't think it's a good idea for him to go to the doctors right now, but I'm worried it might be more than anxiety. Please say a prayer for him. His name is Jim.

It is snowing here right now. Yikes!!

I have my work evaluation in about 10 minutes so I will try to be back later for personals. Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.