Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2020

Today I signed up for Cathe Live again. Why? Because I love Cathe and want to support her during these tuff times, since none of the gyms are open. I am trying to spend my money where I like to do business the most, in terms of restaurants, stores, gyms ect. Anyway, I am ready to start some total body workouts again since summer is so close and some of her boxing workouts. I am so sore from yesterday's kickboxing I cant believe it.

Today I did one of my favorite Live workouts, Glassboro Road Trip and had a FANTASTIC workout. I lifted heavier than I did the last time I did it, and I was fighting for each rep at the end. I used 20's for Bicep curls, my biceps are PUMPED!!! :) I love the AB section in this workout as well. I will be feeling the ABS tomorrow. I haven't done them in a while. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 381 calories.

Debbie, Nice workout today. I hope you evaluation goes well, I am sure you are the perfect employee :) I got an email from out school system yesterday, no school for the rest of the semester. I am so sick of this. Sorry to hear about your brother. I went through that with my son, I thought I was having heart attacks but it was stress. I got some medication for when I would feel like that and it helped me a lot. I think there are a lot of people suffering with stress right now. I will pray for Jim.

Diane Sue, nice walk workout yesterday. I cant believe you went shopping in the middle of the night! Well, at least there were no people in the stores. I think we will start seeing the country open up in certain places, thank goodness. CA has a low number of Corona Virus people for the amount of people we have living in the state.

Doreen, SNOW!!! Wow, that is late in the year right?

Belinda, I signed up for Cathe Live again to show my support to Cathe and to start doing some total body workouts. I need a change now that I completed STS and 4 Day Split. I want leg workouts with super lite weights but higher reps. I also love PHA and Vertical Loading too.

Have a spectacular Friday my friends!

Hi everyone,

First I did STS M3 D23 Legs than I did CL #278 PHA 2020. Loved it! Cathe did 2 rounds/8 different exercises/repeated twice.

Jolie - the more I do the CL workouts the more I like it :) I will cave eventually. I am thinking about stopping M3 and just do her live workouts and whatever free workout everyone is offering. STS isn't going anywhere, right. I bought the RT workout + PHA and Vertical Loading downloads. Nice job! Did you sign up for a year or a month? My bday is coming up soon. I will ask for CL.

BBL!

Last edited:
Workout is done. I need to shower and run to the vets office to pick up her dog food that I ordered yesterday. I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals # 5, 25 minutes, heart rate 117/163, 113 calories, 1,813 steps. I used a 20# kettlebell this time for swings and stuck with 15 for the others and a 10 for the halos which make my neck crackle and pop in not a good way. I used 10's for the upper moves and 1# for the boxing. This was better than the first time since I only got 87 calories, and 935 steps the first time. I knew I worked harder than that, but did spend time writing things down the first time. I also did the last mile on yesterday's Walk Strong 4 mile power walk and the stretch, 21 minutes, heart rate 129/166,112 calories, 2026 steps. I finished with Jane Adams yoga morning energy, 18 minutes, 23 calories, 54 steps, heart rate 86/101. Total time was 64 minutes, 245 calories, 3,893 steps.

Diane - You did the same workout I did today, I loved it. Are all the interval workouts like that one? That was really fun. I used a 10# KB for the halos (those hurt my shoulders as well), 15# KB for everything else and 10# dumbbells for the other stuff. I should have used my 1# weights for the boxing part but didn't. I will next time. I can't believe Kelly forgot to record it the first time through. That made me laugh. Great job with your workouts! You are kicking butt lately!

Jolie - I'm like you, I want to support small businesses, etc. during this time. I actually feel guilty that both me and my husband received the stimulus - we are both still working so we are not sure why we got it. My mom did too, and she is on Social Security and her pension. I'm trying to figure out which charity to give my stimulus too or maybe I'll keep it and buy all American things to build our economy when we reopen. Nice job with the RT workout, I love that one too.

Belinda - Great job with your workout! I take it your knees are better? Be careful!

Roselyn - Good job with your cardio workout!

Doreen - It snowed here all day. We haven't gotten any snow this winter and now we do. So weird.

My brother is feeling better, says his heart rate is back to normal. He worries me. Thank you for the prayers.

I think the way they chose who gets the stimulus checks is based on last years income tax. If you made more that a certain amount you don't get a check. Unfortunately some that made plenty then, are not working now. Like Dentists for the the most part and they are private practice.

Debbie, praying for your son. Anxiety and stress can really do a number on a person. Hopefully that is all it is.
I really do like Intervals 5. I had to go back and look at the others and I have done all of them quite a bit, so I guess I must like them. I think each is a bit different. The second one is done without a step. Kelly always says you don't need the step though. I notices a lot of the time she does not do a lot of regular stepping moves when she does use one though. Actually as I was glancing through the cardio and weight combination workouts, I seem to favor them quite a bit. I laughed too when Kelly said she forgot to turn the camera on the first time through the workout so did it again. Sounds like one of those things I would do.
My granddaughter said she felt guilty getting the check and she is not working, but is going to Law school. She mentioned spending it at small businesses to help them out. My daughter told her she is going to be paying it back eventually one way or another. Which is probably true. We do need to try and do our part to help our economy for sure.

I have been reading so many labels lately trying to see where things are made. I was looking on Amazon at liposomal vitamin C and let me tell you, no company wants to really divulge where theirs comes from. One was advertising theirs had no ingredients from China, but hen asked they did not answer. Someone else said it all comes from China or the other source is Scotland. So then I noticed Doctors Best advertising their C was from Scotland. I am betting a good amount of our supplements are not sourced from the US, just manufactured and packaged here.

Jolie, have fun with the Cathe Live workouts again. The shopping is kind of nice in the middle of the night, but by the time I get home and wipe everything down and put it away I get to bed at 3 am. My hours are getting so messed up. I am anxious for them to open things back up and let people get back to work and normal. It is going to feel weird when I get to seem my family. My husband wanted to have a family get together Sunday and my older daughter seems to think we should wait till May. I was sad when I saw their family Easter pictures on facebook. They did have their daughter and her husband and the one in college there. It just didn't seem right. We were supposed to do zoom or whatever it is called Sunday, but still not the same.

Belinda, that was some workout today. Does that PHA use a step or is it done on the floor?

Roselyn, nice work with X Train cardio leg blast.

Doreen, I guess with no school and snow it would feel like Christmas break :)

Today I did Raw Cardio Overload #2 wearing an 8 # vest , 36 minutes, heart rate 115/177, 164 calories, 3,181 steps. I then did Raw Box and Tone wearing my 4# vest and 1.5# gloves, 31 minutes, heart rate 122/154, 152 calories, 2,597 steps. I finished with Fitbit foam rolling and static stretching, 24 minutes, 66 calories. Total time was 91 minutes, 382 calories, 5,778 steps.

Belinda, nice work on Mesocycle 2 week 4. You are so dedicated when you do a rotation :)

Roselyn, nice work with X Train.

Yesterday was rest day #2 for the week. Last night I slept 11.5 hours, It felt so good!!!! I just crawled into bed at 5pm and watched the news and some of my favorite things, like tennis re runs and then went to sleep at 8pm. I woke up at 7:30am!

Today I walked on the TM for 20 minutes, 7.5 incline, 3.3 speed and burned 205 calories. Then I did Cathe Live Vertical Loading, one of my favorite workouts, and burned 488 calories. I lifted heavier than the last time I did the workout 2 months ago. Then I got back on my TM, 10 minutes, 6.5 incline, 3.2 speed, .6 miles and burned another 123 calories. Total calories burned was 801! :) I feel great today.

By doing STS meso 1 and 2, my strength has increased a lot since just doing CL. I am glad Belinda had me do it with her :)

Debbie, we dont get a stimulus check even though my husband is making way less money right now. You are lucky that you received it. I think you should put it back into the economy when it opens or donate it, if you can to a family in need. You could buy them a gift card to a Walmart or something like that, or just money to pay their bills. You are very nice :)

Belinda, What workout are you dong tomorrow, Monday? Since i lifted today, i will probably do some sort of cardio, like kickboxing or Tm or whatever. I bet i will be sore in the morning from this workout today. :)

Diane Sue, my parents want to get together now too. I would feel so bad if something happened to them and they go sick or even worse. I think we should wait till May too.

Roselyn, where have you been lately. Great job on the workout yesterday.

Doreen, i hope you have a nice day with your family today.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hi everyone,

I had a rest day scheduled for today, ended up doing a live full body workout. I also took a walk outside.

Julie - great job on Vertical Loading. I bought that one too. Still haven't done it, lol. I have no idea what workout I will do tomorrow? Glad your strength increased with STS.

Diane - why are shopping in the middle of the night? It's probably a good time to shop, lol

Have a great Sunday.

Reactions: WD
Today was a rest day. I did a zoom get together online with my children and their families this afternoon. I put together a big pot of Chicken Lime and avocado soup from one of my Whole 30 recipe books. I have lots of soup in the freezer.

Jolie, you got a lot of sleep!! Great workout too. My older daughter texted tonight and said she has a low grade fever. Probably good we did not have a get together. Her best friend is sick and running a temp of 102-104 for 8 days now. Her husband is a doctor and so is she, but she stays at home and does mostly volunteer work or a day or two here and there. They have several adopted children and 3 of their own. She got the covid test and it was negative, but her husband thinks it may still be covid as the tests are not always right. So, they expect it may last another at least 5 days. My daughter went to their house a week ago and left a present and had talked to her through the door, about 4 feet away. Although my daughter is a dermatologist and still taking patients, so who knows. It is sad when everyone starts worrying every time they feel ill now.

Belinda, my husband is working nights and on his days off he still keeps the same hours. I sit up late with him and we go to the store. Don't have to worry too much about social distancing that way. I only know of one grocery store that stays open all night here though. We just have to walk around the workers that are stocking the shelves.

I decided to do the 4DS series this week, at least some of them. Today I did 4DS Back & Chest. Had a good workout and went sort of heavier than I have the last few weeks. Felt good. I like these shorter workouts.

Round 1
Supermans
(warmup): Didn't do, did a marching warmup
One Arm Rows (warmup): 12#/16 reps
One Arm Rows: 25#/8 reps
Pushups - Full/Partial – 7x’s
One Arm Rows – 25#/8 reps
Pushups – 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top

Round 2
Underhand BB Rows
– 30#/2 sets-7/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 22.5's/12 slow reps
Underhand BB Rows – 50#/2 sets-7 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 22.5's/12 slow reps

Round 3
One Arm Rows Palms Back
– 20#/12 reps
Decline Pushups – 12 reps

Round 4
Incline Pullover
– 15#/8 reps
Incline DB Chest Press – 25's/12 reps
(I repeated this round)

Round 5
Back Pulls w/Band
- Skipped
superset w/
Y’s w/Band - Skipped
Around the Clock Pushups
- Skipped

Didn't want to do the band work since my upper back was bothering me again this weekend. Not sure what that's all about. I feel better today. It's my traps again and I really think it was the plank work I did last week. I guess I need to stay away from that for a while.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 225 calories (which surprised me) and HR was 125/166.

I also walk on my treadmill for 27 minutes, burned 176 calories, went 1.28 miles and did 3167 steps. HR was 117/132.

Back to working from home. It will sure be nice to get back to work. I just cannot get into here at home.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Debbie - I hear you on working from home - just not the same vibe! Good job on 4DS!

Jolie - You may qualify for the stimulus when you file your 2020 tax return if your 2020 income is below the phase outs - its really based on 2020 income but prepaid based on a 2018 or 2019 tax return.

This weekend my son and I checked out a Mountain bike route from Manitou around Iron Mountain and then to Red Rock Canyon. It was fun - but a lot of uphill climbing. The route took us about 2 hours but we had to stop and change a flat about mid-way. I had a pine needle stuck through my tire.

This morning I wanted to take it easy on the knees as my right knees still feels a little weird. So I did a barbell workout - RIP VOL 35 and I just subbed out hip thrusts for the squats and lunges. The rest I was able to do without problem.

Good morning,

I did CL In the Ring. I modified all the jumping.

Jolie - have fun with your workout today.

Debbie - good job on 4DS this morning. One of my favorite series.

Diane - gotcha :) I don't think I ever shopped in the middle of the night. I am surprised your stores are open this late.

Roselyn - nice job on XTrain.

Doreen - what's wrong with your knees? Be careful, girl.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Today I woke up and my right ankle is sore, not sure what caused that to happen. I decided to take my dog on a long walk at the golf course instead of being in the gym, it is so nice out today, looks like summer is almost here. I did not wear my Fitbit so I have no idea what my stats were today.

Debbie, great job on 4DS!

Belinda, I need to IN the Ring soon, I like that one. Way to go!

Doreen, what state do you live in, AZ? I am trying to think of where Red Rock Canyon is???? Sounds great.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. Wow, on your friend being sick with a high temp. I hope she recovers quickly and doesn't give it to anyone else.

BBL to read your posts for the day. Have a Happy Monday.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #2, 39 minutes(actual 36) heart rate 107/171,1451 steps, 198 calories. I had to write this one out as I could not find it in my papers even though I know I have done it. I need to organize those workouts somehow so I am not looking through a book. I then did Build and Burn Upper Supersets, 27 minutes, 88 calories, heart rate 111/160, 798 steps. Total time 66 minutes, calories 286, 2,249 steps.
Coffey Fit Raw Intervals 2
compound moves 30 second intervals Kelly 7 and 10# dumbbells with cardio intervals between. Kelly does floor cardio, but says this can be a home gym intervals type workout with equipment. I used the rebounder quite a bit since she does jacks, jog, jump ropes, side to side hops
4 minute warm up
starts with push ups as part of warm up
Weights
1 dumbbell 10# lunge/knee up/overhead press 30 sec all right then all left and repeat
2 dumbbells 10# squat thrust/biceps curls 2 sets
2 dumbbells 8# (me) lateral raise/front 2 sets
Cardio
2 dumbbells 10# (me) Kelly says lights ski squats 2 sets
2 dumbbells 10# side lunge/curl home all right then all left repeat
2 dumbbells 10# reverse lunge/upright row all right then all left repeat
Cardio
Mat
10# dumbbell kneeling top shelf bottom shelf all right then all left repeat
10# dumbbells skull crusher/sit up repeat
supine star leg crossover alternating repeat
Cardio
Final round
push up knee pull 2 sets
sit up star position reach opposite toe 2 sets
plank/down dog/shoulder push up (Kelly says if it is too much leave out the shoulder push up)
Stretch

Build and Burn Upper Body Supersets
shoulders
reverse grip press 8#, 8#, 8# dbs
superset with lateral raise and extend 5#,5#,5# dbs
Biceps
pulse curls 12#dbs, 12# dbs, 10# dbs
superset with pledges 12# dbs,12# dbs,12#dbs
Triceps
Seated overhead extension 15# db, 20# db,20# db
superset with tate press 12# dbs,12# dbs,12# dbs
Chest
reverse grip bench press 12# dbs, 12# dbs,12# dbs
superset connected DB press 12#dbs,12# dbs,12# dbs
Back
Seated Rows 15# dbs, 15# dbs,15# dbs
superset with standing cross row 15# db,15# db,15# db
Burnout with light dumbbells 10# dbs except shoulders I used 8#

Beautiful weather outside today. My daughter who was running a fever is fine today. She says she got up and worked out for an hour and planted stuff outside and did yard work. That is a relief. This is her day off as their office is open 4 days a week.

Debbie, nice work today. Band work is supposed to be so good, but I hear you as I tend to feel that awful spasm pain hit my traps and delts afterward. They had me using tubing at the physical therapy sessions. Maybe we choose to make it too hard and use to much strength to pull as they had me use really light tubing. I really want to go heavier again, but am so afraid of setting off a lot of pain that will take me a long time to get over. With having issues upper and lower at the same time it makes it hard to leave one out and just do the other. I am hoping to use the build and burn workouts this week. I would think it would be easier to focus on work at the work place rather than at home.

Doreen, is Red Rock Canyon near you? Colorado right? I read a youth mystery that took place in that area and the boys took a long bike ride as the one boy was terminal and was his goal. There are a lot of beautiful areas around where you are for cycling. Just made me think of that story. We have a Red Rock Canyon here, but it is a small canyon and a steep climb to get down into it. We took our fifth wheel down there before.

Belinda, most of the stores have shortened their hours. Even the all night Walmarts. I don't usually shop Crest foods as they are always so busy during the day. My husband went to pick up things for me at Walmart Market in the middle of the night and they were closed and he went to Crest across the street and surprisingly came back with everything on my list. That was right after I had the surgery and I was not getting meat and stuff when I online ordered for pick up and delivery. So, when I got better we have just went there. I have made 1 trip to Walmart and a couple to Sprouts. I prefer not going to Walmart right now. Too crowded and it seemed weird. What kind of workout is CL in the ring?? It makes me think of Amy Bento's boxing workout which I love and forget about.

Jolie, I woke up this morning and my shoulder and right knee hurt. I did nothing yesterday at all. It was fine last night. I never can figure what makes things start hurting. After up and around and some stretching and work on it I was much better so went on to my workout. Not too much on the legs though. Hopefully I can get the leg workout in this week. I switched out the cardio after first round to using the rebounder to lighten up the impact. Hope your ankle is okay and glad you got a walk in.

Today I had a great cardio day even though I had a killer headache when I woke up and really didn't feel like working out. However, I know working out always makes me feel better so I just sucked it up and did it.

I chose RAW Box & Tone and had a really great workout. Used my 1# dumbbells and really worked up a sweat. I think this one is my favorite RAW workout right now, I love it.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 221 calories, went 2855 steps and HR was 132/195.

Then I did Max Performance 12 with Tahneetra (she is an annoying trainer) and that was a really hard one going from resistances of 7 and 9 for 10 second sprints. My legs move really slow at a 9 but what a great burn I got in my glutes and quads. Killer.

Workout was 16 minutes, burned 113 calories (MT said 132), went .29 miles, did 805 steps and HR was 133/158.

Hope you all have great workouts. I'll BBL for personals.

Good morning,

CYBEROBICS bootylicious express - 28 min is plus 30 min stretching is done.

Jolie - how is your ankle this morning? I like the yesterday KB workout except their was a lot of wooing going on:( I took live classes before in the past people do not wooing as much as they do on CL:( Maybe I am so used to working out to my dvd's. Wished the camera man would keep the camera on Cathe. Some people have some really bad form.

Debbie - great job this morning.

Diane - I am glad you got everything you needed from the grocery store.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.