Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2020

Debbie, TLC is one of Kelly's 30 minutes to Fitness dvds. It has workout 1 which is boxing, workout 2 is conditioning which incorporates kicks. There is a mix that alternates both together. I always have liked this one and the music is better than some of them. I have not found glucosamine to be all that helpful. Besides the Arthritis association says it can be a problem with arteries or something. I was thinking that was chondroitin and after I purchased glucosamine only I realized I had it switched in my head. I have not used a curling iron in a long time. Just a flat iron which I sometimes twist a bit. Since my husband added some layering my hair is fuller than it was and I sort of curl the top a bit. I need to watch more of them. I subscribed because sometimes when stretching I watch things like that. We heard the first report that we were expecting of someone robbing a store with a mask on. Of course they are going to do that. Really was stupid to let prisoners out on the streets too. It all seems so much a political ploy to me. And yes I could go on and on.

Belinda, those recipes sound good. Nice work on the PHA.

Doreen, great that you got a bike ride in yesterday. Hope you are not too sore after today's workout. Yes, I have thought of those that are abused in particular and being trapped inside with the offender. Also if the abuser is an alcoholic I can only imagine that as they seem to think liquor is essential along with pot.

Jolie, I am so glad that your son is doing so well and is going to graduate. That is great news. It is trial and error to find the right Curcumin that really works for you. I have used a lot of them. Felt really good this morning :D

Jolie- that's great news for your son!! Is he doing distance learning now? Are your schools closed? Maybe he needed to get away from the school scene a bit!?

Jolie - I am so happy to hear your son is graduating and doing so well. I am thinking doing more bodyweight workouts just to switch things up. I probably will not do a rotation, do whatever I feel like doing. Great job on your workout today. I probably will do the one you did today this week.

Debbie, I think that our bodies do tell us things. We just tend to forget and go back to the same thing all over again when the pain is gone. I have wondered when I pushed so hard with the really heavy weights if I caused a lot of current issues. I guess pushing hard doesn't cause Rheumatoid arthritis though. Maybe damaged areas are affected more easily though. I have been using Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation for a few years now. I tries some others when I would run out and several of the 100% pure ones and ended up back to Tarte. I like the foundation and the Primer foundation in a tube that I use in the summer alone because it has a good amount of sunscreen that is not the ones that cause me to break out. I have sensitive skin, so have just stuck with these.

Jolie, do you make sure you have some fat when you take the curcumin turmeric and vitamin C. I bought the liposomal C this last time and am taking it two times a day to help with collagen uptake and the curcumin I take twice a day. Smart Nutra Labs Liposomal Vitamin C seems good and can't guarantee the C is US though as from reading C is generally from China or sometimes Scotland. It says China Free on it.
I have glycolic acid products, but my daughter gets me Retin A so I cannot use both together. She got me hooked on a Skinceuticals face cream. She tried it first as the rep suggested it as wonderful. She saw results and loved it so got me my first jar. I paid for the second one and even at her price from her office it cost me 83 dollars. Not bad for about 4 jars a year. She said if I wanted she could get it for me for my birthday, mothers day etc.. So I lucked out. Need to find a great eye cream. I know she was trying one of those too. She wont recommend if she doesn't think it is good.
Your dinner sounds really good.

Today I did RAW Heavy Bag Boxing (the first one she did) and had a great workout. This one is fun. I think I've done it once before. She put cardio bursts in between rounds on the bag. Very fun.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 284 calories, HR was 128/179.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 22 minutes, burned 147 calories, went 1.06 miles and did 2620 steps. HR was 122/134.

Belinda - Aren't those quesadillas good? I love them. I didn't have the stone ground mustard either, I found that at Heinen's once but ran out of it. I used brown mustard and that worked fine. The pizza one is good too. I've loved everything I've made from that website. The flavors are really good. I haven't tried the desserts yet, I'll need to try that one. Any time I hear "homemade ice cream" I think - lots of work! Nice workout yesterday. I wonder when Cathe will open her gym again? Scales are a yoga type move, sort of a one legged deadlift but you kick your back leg up and try and balance. I can't think of the yoga move name is.

Doreen - I agree with all you said. It is scary what this will do to all of us. I'm tired of worrying about it but I can't help it.

Jolie - I wear makeup every day, even being home and working. I am very blonde and fair so my face looks terrible without makeup. I like Angie's skin care routine but the SPF stuff is something I'm not sure I can keep putting on when I go back to work. Why is it that you have to leave it on the skin for 15 minutes before you put anything else over it? Who has that kind of time, especially in the morning when you are rushing to get ready for work. I never understood the wait time using that stuff. I do know the sun is what progresses aging on our skin, though, so I want to use it. She really believes in Retin A as well but said it took over a year to see changes. A year? And how did she know that Retin A was what made those changes? She uses so many different face products, I don't know how she knows what has done what. LOL!! But whatever she is doing is working, she doesn't look 57 - heck, she doesn't look 30 to me. So glad to hear your son is doing so well, that is great news!!

Diane - the workout you did yesterday looks fun, I might try it tomorrow. I wonder why that isn't in the Cardio & Weights category? I wonder how many other workouts are out there that aren't categorized? Was it a fun workout? I looked through my Kelly DVD's and I actually have TLC. LOL! Geez, I don't even know what workouts I have anymore. Great job on your workouts yesterday! I have a Tarte blush I think and really like. I'm looking forward to trying the Estee Lauder foundation, I hope it gets here soon.

Roxie - Hope all is well with you! Check in when you get time.

Hope you all have a great workout today!

Reactions: WD
I did KCM Circuit Burn workout one and then one round of each circuit in circuit two this morning. I'm still babying my knee so picking workouts can be challenging!! I keep everything low impact right now.

Cathe's Live today looks good - I'll have to see if I can try it before my subscription ends.

Today is my rest day. I have done 3 hard workouts in a row so I want to rest because I have an Yvette workout in store for tomorrow and I need to be rested to get through it :) I just took my dog on a really long walk at the golf coarse so I did get some active recovery in already today.

Debbie, nice workout today. I am glad that you like KCM so much, that is how I feel about Cathe. I love their variety, so much to choose from it is hard to get bored. My skin looks really good and i am turning 54 in a month. I believe in "Beauty from the inside out", that was our mantra at my dad's vitamin company. I use a lot of Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen, vitamins to support the skin, hair, nails and tissue. I also drink a lot of water, flushing your system is key, don't you think? I rarely use anything with sun screen, it makes my pores get clogged and you know that isn't pretty! I use RentinA, I love the wipes you can get at TJMAXX and i have a really good cream as well. I grew up living right on the beach, laid in the son everyday and my Dermatologist cant believe how good my skin is because of all the vitamins, I swear that has to be it.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. See what i wrote to Debbie about my skin care. The stuff your daughter gets sounds amazing! Doctors can usually get higher quality products but they do cost a lot more. I like to put coconut oil on my face sometimes before bed, it really does amazing things to the skin.

Doreen, nice workout today. Yes, my son is working from home now for school, now he cant ditch anymore :) He is way too social to go to school i guess. He is working with a really small school that the teachers check in everyday with each student to keep them on track. I am so thankful that everything is working out for him, raising children is the most challenging thing i have ever done in my life! No wonder we get wrinkles in our skin :( Stress i guess.

Belinda, Do the workout i did yesterday, i know you will love it. I am going to do some sort of Yvette workout tomorrow, not sure which one, but my favorite is step with weights and stability ball. I think i burn around 700 calories when i do that workout :) I hope you have a nice workout today.

Roselyn, enjoy your workout, I think you said you were doing Body Beast.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is overcast and foggy here today :(

Hi,

Today I did a Low Impact Hiit workout with DD.

Debbie - I like the recipes on the site. They all look so good. The dessert is very simple to make if you have blender or a Vitamix. Like I said, it was a little to sweet for me, next time I will use less bananas and more cherries. BTW, it only took a few seconds to make. I have no idea when Cathe will open up her gym? I am really liking her solo workouts :) At least I can see what Cathe is doing. Thanks for explaining what Scales are .
Jolie - I will try to do the one you did maybe this weekend. I think I have the one with the stability ball. Have to look. Wow, that is one calorie burn. Great job on the walk today. Enjoy your rest day today.

Diane - good job.

Have a great day.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness premix cardio and abs, 42 minutes, 112/142 heart rate (pretty sure this was not right, but I will leave it) 173 calories, 3,358 steps. I then did Step Boss bonus step sync, 21 minutes, heart rate 115/136, 102 calories, 2,322 steps. I finished off with Fit Bit Pop Sugar sexy back and 6 pack abs 12 minutes, heart rate 90/107 32 calories, 152 steps. I did not care for this one that much. They do some back flies no weight after walking in and out with hands and keeping legs straight, superman which I hate, swimming move, a couple of moves they mention you could pick up weights. Total time 75 minutes, 307 calories, 5,832 steps.
It is odd when I use a Fit Bit app workout it monitors my heart rate if I have Bluetooth on and calories are usually higher. Even the ones that give an approximate calorie burn it will adjust for me, but still higher. Also I have been using the Fit bit app to log food along with MFP. The Fitbit app always says I went over and it only allows me a little over 1400. Like yesterday I ate 1601 and it said I was over and put me in the red. I even have gain wait in my goals! Actually I gained 3 lbs up to 111 and have dropped back to 110. Really am hoping to add back a bit, but in muscle and not fat. I have been trying out the relax feature at bed time before I go to sleep. It kept telling me low alignment. I questioned it and haven't got an answer so searched it out and I guess I was not following the guided circle and keeping the sparkles up. It measures heart rate in and out. So there is two numbers. When I did it right it said medium alignment as it is measuring those numbers alignment. Then I read a whole article that I was directed to about health and breathing exercise studies actually improving blood pressure and heart rates. Just interesting stuff :)

Debbie, I liked that there were some off the heavy bag breaks on that one. Gave my hands a bit of a break before going back into the bag. It really is a fun one. I feel the same way about making ice-cream and a lot of things. Sauces and stuff are nice too, but unless I can make plenty and freeze some, they seem like an awful lot of work for one meal. I guess that is why I eat a lot of salads, wraps and protein powder. I am pretty sure that there are some other workouts that are not in the categories on Raw. This was not the first time I couldn't find a workout in the categories. I have print outs I keep of the workouts and when I go through them and find one I want to do I have learned to check out all of the workouts if I cannot find it in a category. So far I like all of the Tarte items that I have purchased. There was a matte collection of shadows I was looking at on Amazon and my husband saw it in my history. Asked if I ordered it and I told him no, I am not spending 60.00 on eye shadow. He got it for me. I love it. I have a small tarte shadow compact, but have pretty much used up the highlight colors and the others have some frost and sparkle in them. I don't like that and when I had the surgery on my eyelids it said not to wear eye shadow for awhile so it doesn't tattoo the incision and not to use glitter eye shadows. I don't know how many times I have ordered eye shadows labeled matte and they have one or two and the rest are not. I used Bare Minerals for a long time. I felt it showed off my pores too much.

Doreen, it is tough finding workouts and working around body parts. Cardio is tough with knees. Good to stay low impact and avoid fast turns and things that twist the knee . Has Kelly been doing live alone? I hadn't thought about that.

Jolie, enjoy your rest. I hope you have a great Yvette workout tomorrow. My daughter recommended Elta MD for sunscreen. I purchased one that was water proof and she said not that one. She got it for me from her office, but the sell it on Amazon. I cannot use most sunscreens, but this one is zinc and works well, no problems with it at all. I used the water proof on my legs and arms when I went to the pool last summer and the other on my face and it worked well. No breakouts or clogged pores. My daughter gets 40% off of the products so I am lucky for that. I used coconut oil and some oils that I blended for awhile. After awhile I didn't see any results from it. I only use jojoba oil in a dropper bottle to remove eye make up. Way cheaper than paying for waterproof eye make up remover. When our children are doing well it can be rewarding, but when their lives are messed up you really hurt for them. I am so glad his life has turned around.

Belinda, I would want more cherries than bananas because I think bananas have an overpowering taste in things. That being said I have been using banana in my Amazing Grass Protein Glow shakes to disguise the pea protein taste. Bleh!! I do not care for plant based protein powder. I should have just purchased the greens powder and stuck with the whey isolate. I got such a good deal at Sprouts though as they were have a 20% off and then I got 8 dollars in rebate with ibotta. So I thought I would try it. I figured I was safest with chocolate rose flavor as it ends up it was rose hips so C in it. They other was vanilla honeysuckle and I was having a hard time imagining the flavor.
I think scales are supposed to be good for low back pain. Although Kelly does them on Stretch and Tone Raw and she is wearing 3# ankle weights. I have a hard time balancing and getting my leg up very high behind me with the weighs on doing that move.
You just answered my question about the live workouts posted to Doreen :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.