Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2020

I ended up doing STS D21 Back & Biceps. I didn't use the stability ball. I am having trouble getting up and down of the floor. I used my weight bench in an incline position, worked out great. I also did most exercise sitting in a chair.

Jolie - enjoy your rest day today.

Diane -I went on their Melaleuca site. I can't see any prices? I couldn't find any antibacterial soap for weeks. As soon as, I saw it today I put it in my shopping cart. Next time it probably won't be there. My knee is so swollen I can't even bent it a little bit. Walking huts. I been icing it and putting my arthritis cream on. I ended up taking a ibuprofen, my stomach is upset. Helped a little for the pain. Today I will do icing and warm heat and of course, stay off my feet. Be careful with your knees. I am getting old.

Off to make some dinner. See you all tomorrow

Belinda, the product from Melaleuca is called Sol-U-Guard disinfectant concentrate and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. You mix it in a spray bottle with water so a bottle lasts awhile. It is good stuff. I like their products and sort of miss them, but to keep my membership I was required to buy 60.00 worth of stuff every month and I had to pay shipping. I ended up with more stuff than I was using. I bought my laundry and cleaning products and some bath and skin products as well as makeup from there. I was not happy with their health products as far as protein bars and stuff. I sent them a letter about using sucralose in them. Love their stuff for the most part though and they have good quality supplements.
I really feel for you on the knees. I put my freezey wrap on after showering every morning while I dried my hair and stuff and propped my leg up. It was more the one with the lump on the back. Lump is still there but not as prominent and more like it has been for a long time and I am pretty sure a bakers cyst since I have had a couple of them in the past. As long as it does not cause problems I am not real worried about it. Ibuprofen does bad things for my stomach too. Also tends to make me dizzy. I try to keep it only for trying to get sleep when in pain. Sometimes it just has to be a last resort.

You can use this to clean pet bowls, microwaves, etc.. I use it when I am cutting up chicken and salmon when I buy it and disinfect my glass cutting board before washing.
Maybe you have to create an online account to see the prices. I would have to hunt down my old log in to see it if I can even find it.

Last edited:
Today I did two Max Trainer workouts and picked one from the Newbie category for a warm up, but still was a tough workout and then I chose one from the Challenge Me category. Wow, that one was HARD. It went up in resistance until I hit 7 (which is really hard, 11 is the highest) and then went back down. It was 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off. Cleaned my lungs out, thats for sure.

Max 4 Minute Sprint with Amy was 7:30 minutes, burned only 38 calories but for 7 minutes I guess that's ok, went .19 miles, did 489 steps and HR was 109/164.

Max 10 Minute Challenge with Breann was 14 minutes, burned 74 calories (now I don't think that is right, my MT said 129 and I even think that is low), went .38 miles, did 968 steps and HR was 108/223. Don't think I hit 223 but it sure felt like it at times. This was a hard workout.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked for 22 minutes, burned 139 calories, went 1.05 miles and did 2613. HR was 116/132.

Hope you all have a great workout, BBL!!!

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Went for a 30 min walk today. Glad I went early, it's starting to rain.

Debbie - nice job this morning. I want a Max Trainer. Sounds like you get in a good workout.

Diane - weird, I have to open up an account to see the prices. Since you ordered from them before... how much could I expect for a bottle of disinfecting cleaner?

BBL

Today I had a spectacular workout, I am using exciting adjectives so make my life more exciting :) Today I started with an uphill walk on my TM, 8.0 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 2.1 miles and burned 401 calories. Wow on the incline for that long :) Then I did 4 Day Split, Shoulders/ Skipped Calves because of my incline walk/ and Core. Wow again, this is one tuff stuff workout. I went heavier than Cathe in the Overhead Presses, Cathe's heaviest weight was 15# and mine was 20#. Then I got on my rowing machine and rowed 150 strokes on the highest resistance. Total workout time was 1 hour 18 minutes and I burned 624 calories.

Debbie,
great job on the Max Trainer workouts, those looks so hard, I previewed some workouts on YouTube, Good for you!!!!!! Is your shoulder hurting anymore since you have been working at home? Just curious...

Belinda- Nice STS workout today, I really am missing those workouts. I like Meso 2, it is my favorite because I can put some rowing in between sets. I hope your Knee feels better. Have you every tried DMSO? I used it on my horses legs after jumping them, they also use it on their legs after they run a race on the race track to avoid swelling. I use it all of the time, it is safe for people. Look into it.

Diane Sue, what have you been cooking lately? I am running out of things to make. Maybe some turkey chili today? The problem is with my family, not everyone likes the same thing!!! I could grill steak and slice it and serve it with a veggie. I hope you have a good workout today.

Roselyn, how are you doing and did you ever get the virus?

BBL to read your posts. I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner, i am sick of cooking!!!

Have a nice day.

Belinda, I found my account log in for Melaleuca. I was going to try what I thought it was and I was correct before I found it. Anyway after it asked if I wanted to restart my membership and I X'd out it let me go on and so I see regular prices and not preferred prices. That stuff is 14.50 for 1 or two for 26.00. It is concentrated so you mix it with water in a spray bottle. So if you purchase the spray bottle that has mixing instructions on it it runs 1.49. It is 8 oz mixed with 8 oz water so you would get two 16 oz spray bottles of it. Some of the cleaners require less product, but this one is half and half. I hope that helps. I think you only have to create a log in and not join as a preferred customer.

Today I decided to try more Fitbit workouts. Fit Bit Coach (there are some mingled with others) Cardio Crunch listed as a medium workout as there are easy, medium, and hard categories. This was 16 minutes, heart rate 137/167. 86 calories on my fit bit (letting the app log it for me it gave me 45 calories which I took the watch ;) , 1,115 steps. I should have done one of the warm ups first as the coach did not include one. I then did Fit bit Obe' (wondered if some of these like this and pop sugar on available on youtube?) cardio boxing with Alex labeled hard, 129/161 heart rate, 3,029 steps, 147 calories, 27 minutes. I finished with Coffey Fit Raw Strength Day 2 chest and triceps, 34 minutes, 56 calories, heart rate 89/125. 292 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 289 calories, 4,433 steps.
I was not so impressed with the coach workout. Maybe the weight ones are better. It has someone talking like a coach, a timer and breaks where the person comes out and demonstrates then the timer beeps and you start following the move till time is up. I guess that is good, just was not so fun that way. I would have been bored to death much longer than that. Weird that it was medium as it had burpees, high knees, tuck jumps etc. and I had to get out my rebounder. I was no way going to take the 45 calories and it claims it at 125 calorie workout. I stuck with my Fitbit. It gives the option at the end of each workout to save it for me. When I let it I have to go back and delete one of the two logs from watch and the video. Steps and time are okay, just not always the calorie burn. The Kickboxing was not a coach workout so a regular kickboxing workout with warm up and cool down. It was pretty good. I think I prefer my favorite instructors more. It had good music. I did not see any step workouts. There are Barre, kickbox, cycling, treadmill, elliptical, running, dance, cardio, and weighted and non weighted strength.
Also I do not think all of these workouts are there on the non premium as I tried on my older tablet that is larger and had to put the fitbit app on it. Premium did not seem to be showing up on it although it did show the versa 2. There was just a few workouts, but the layout was different.

Weights today: chest and triceps worried about shoulders so went lower for a lot of this
incline chest fly 15# 10 reps 2 sets, 12# 10 reps 3 sets last time I used 15's for all
flat bench press 15# 8 reps 5 sets last time I did 17.5
single arm kickback 10# 10 reps 5 sets
seated overhead triceps extension single arm 12# 10 reps 2 sets, 10# 10 reps 3 sets (Kelly drops reps near end)
alternating side crunches 10 reps alternating side to side, 10 reps right, 10 reps left
upper/lower crunches 10 reps 3 sets

Debbie, nice work with the Max Trainer. I bet those workouts have really built up your endurance and stamina.

Belinda, nice work on the walk. I went back and looked and if I were a preferred member I would be able to get that stuff for 17.98 for 2 bottles. It does have it's perks as a member as I earned some money back watching health videos each month. Also every so often I would have accrued enough from spending to get things paid for. I used all of their cleaners and laundry products. It was just that we moved and I stopped it and had so much stuff that 6 years later I am just near the end of some of the cleaners. Like Mela Magic cleaner that cleans grease and stuff. I still have two more bottles. It is all natural and I have used it to clean my barbecue grill and oil off of the garage floor. There are products that I miss having. Their essential oils are nice as well. I have a friend that signed me up and she is a seller. I am not one to want to sell people on something and drag in customers so never went that route, but as a seller you get more perks.

Jolie, great workout today. I like your adjective :D Cooking, hmm! I keep trying to come up with more healthy alternatives. Does coconut cream cheese pie count LOL I made one last night for my husband. It seems I keep making new things trying to make RA and heart friendly recipes. I make Fixate cookbook Mexican Taco Meat a lot which is made from ground turkey and freeze some for later. I have some now that I just made. When I have guests I serve it with rice or tortillas. I eat it on cauliflower rice and top with avocado, greens, onion and sometimes some diced bell pepper and/or salsa. It also goes well in a low carb wrap. I also made a turkey teriyaki rice bowl from MFP blog which was pretty good. I think if I do it again I will put something else in it besides frozen peas. It uses ground turkey. I ate some with greens yesterday and no rice. I tried that one on cauliflower rice and did not like it that way. Better maybe with spaghetti squash or spiralized sweet potato noodles. There is a buffalo chicken dip from one of my Whole 30 cookbooks that I like to make and scoop some out into a baked sweet potato. I bet if you could make dishes like that that can serve different family members tastes and still leave you a healthier alternative it would work. I bought a good sized sirloin steak the other day and cut off a bit for me and cooked part for dh and the part I cut off I cut in strips and cooked it up with peppers and onions and put it in a low carb wrap. That and chicken fajita works well in lettuce wraps. Maybe that will give some motivation. Sorry so long.

Hi! I went biking with my son for a hour yesterday evening. Lots of fun- he is such a strong biker - makes it up every hill! I walk up most of them!

I was going to take the day off but after work decided to try a couple new workouts. I did Xtreme Burn - workout 1 with Mike Donovanik - It started weird but I ended up liking it. Then I did a Hiit Kettlebell workout by Mike Donovanik and this was great. I need a heavier kettlebell (or use a heavier DB). Great exercises. He had picked a very heavy kettlebell and was struggling to get through his own workout - it was funny - still a great workout... swings, cleans, snatches - all the fun stuff!

Doreen, I would be walking up the hill too. I remember doing that years ago as I just could not pedal up very far. I have a wide selection of kettlebells and don't use them enough. Particularly the 35# one. Occasionally I pick up the 31.5 # one which I have two of, but would never attempt a snatch or clean with it. I used to use the 25# ones some with Amy Bento's Kettlebell workouts where she used two kettlebells. I used to try to not be outdone. I have learned though that is not always the best thing to do. I can't even remember why I purchased the 35# one. I can do swings with it though. That works great when you do ladders working up and down the different weights with swings.

Good morning,

Cathe Live #61 RT Kboixing = 44 min is done. This one was very easy to modify. Had a great workout today.

Jolie - I enjoy M2 too. I probably will do D20 Legs on Sunday. I will give my knees a little more time to recovery. I really want to finish M2 :( I never heard of DMSO? I will have to google it. At this point I will try anything, lol. Thank you! Wow, on your workout yesterday. Fantastic job!

Diane - I hear you on not wanting to push it on anyone. I find it weird I can't see the prices. I probably will stick with the products I am using. They work really well. Thanks anyway!

BBL for more personals. Great job everyone.

I did a foam rolling video (can't really call that a workout) this morning and then a short yogo video from Daily Burn this morning.... I've pushed my rest day off for too long.

I'm trying to do a pickup order at Heinens and I can't get a pickup time. WTH? They make this impossible to do. I'm waiting to talk to someone on chat on their website but I've been waiting for 15 minutes now and it says I'm #2352 in line. Ummmm, hire more AGENTS!! Lucky I have the time!!

Today I did two FABULOUS workouts (ha ha Jolie!!) and really was feeling both workouts. Had fun, it's so good to be back to my hardcore workout status again. I hate being injured.

So I started off with RAW Strength Day 3 - Shoulders and Legs. Loved it. I will be feeling it tomorrow.

Everything was 5 sets/10 reps

Shoulders
Lateral Raise:
12's - (can't believe I used 12's here)
Butterfly/Overhead Press: 10's for 1 set then dropped to 8's for the rest (these are hard for me)

Abs
Low Plank (knee in/hip drop)
- did these but mixed in Russian Twists. Plank work still worries me

Legs
Squats:
20's/40#BB/40#/30#/30#
Deadlifts: 30# BB (Kelly does bridges, I don't like those)

Great workout!! Total time was 40 minutes, burned 189 calories, HR wass 106/167.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did Max 10 Minute Peak Burn w/Amy. Wow, this one was tough. I've done it before and I can tell I'm getting better at it because I remember I didn't alternate from a resistance of 4 to 6 like she does in this one. Today I did. Also, I went to look at my calorie burn from the last time I did this to now and it is way lower. Maybe FB, but maybe getting more fit? Not sure.

Workout was 15 minutes, burned 74 calories (MT said 122 and the last time I did this I burned 108 according to my FB), went .36 miles and did 915 steps. HR was 104/149.

Jolie - The MT workouts are hard, watching the workouts gives you no idea what it feels like on that thing. LOL! It's probably just as hard as your rower. I don't feel anything until the interval is over and then my whole body just burns, especially my quads. They are on fire. I still have knots in my upper back and yes, the top of my shoulder still has a little pinch, but it's about gone. Great job with you spectacular workout yesterday!! :)

Diane - I'm not sure I'd like doing those FB Coach workouts? I'm so stuck on RAW right now, I don't want to do anything else. It's cool that you tried them out, though. Nice workouts yesterday. Yes, I think the MT is building my endurance, I am getting better at the workouts. They are hard, though.

Roselyn - Nice workouts yesterday and good job keeping 6 ft. apart from your friend. This crap is getting OLD fast.

Doreen - Great job with your workout yesterday and your foam rolling one today. I should do a stretch workout, I am needing it bad!!

Belinda - Great job with your KB workout this morning. I love Cathe's KB'ing workouts! So fun!! I miss doing them.

Well Happy Easter everyone. I won't be the same as usual this year which makes me really sad. I will miss being with my mom a lot. We usually go to Good Friday mass and I will miss that big time. So sad that all this is going on. Hope it gets under control soon. Shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Take care everyone! Stay healthy and safe!!!

Today I did Raw Box and Kettlebell 2, 31 minutes, 127 calories, 112/164 heart rate, 2,273 steps. I then did Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 9 calories. I also did Fit Bit premium ease upper body tension yoga segment, 16 minutes, 45 calories. Total time 60 minutes, 181 calories, 2,287 steps. I needed to get done so I could go to Sprouts. I dread every time I have to go out to the store like that. Such a hassle and paying attention to markings and distance. One way aisles are a nuisance as I had to backtrack around several times. I liked the upper body tension yoga. It was total body but did quite a bit of stuff for shoulder tension and a couple of newer ways of doing it.

Belinda, it seems like with research a person could come up with their own antibacterial spray. Using things like oregano oil and the like. That spray has thymol in it. I use Mediterranean oregano drops in water and drink it in the mornings.

Doreen, I keep having to remind myself to get more stretching in as I do not want to end up back where I was. It is so easy to want to spend more time on a workout than it is to spend my limited time on stretching and rolling. I try to roll some at night before bed and do some additional stretching.

Debbie, I am bummed about Easter. We usually have the entire family together and color eggs and do crafts and games with the children. We also have one family member that has a birthday Sunday. We always go to church first. Online church is not the same. They encourage pick up service, but it has not worked well and most stores are changing their delivery openings and I find there is no longer same day pick up. They have a tendency to not have half of what I order when I go pick up. Maybe that has changed since stores seem to have more stock back in. I think it is pathetic that the milk companies are pouring out tons of milk due to lack of need for special packaging or something for schools and business etc.. What a waste. I don't think I would pay for Fitbit coach. I do kind of like some of the extra features but they are not worth the cost. Like sleep features, you can see how much restorative sleep you have had and how long your heart rate has dropped below resting. It makes a difference in how rested you are.

I did a Daily Burn Kickbox Hiit with Anja Garcia this morning and then followed with a few minutes learning a couple combos from a step workout from The Gymbox. I'll go back and finish that step workout - it had some fun choreography.

Hi everyone,

This morning I did CL #282 Cardio Core Challenge. This one was really high impact, I keep everything low impact. I didn't get any workout minutes on my Apple watch, maybe it was too low impact, lol. I ended adding STS D20 Legs I couldn't just skip it. I used lighter weights.

BBL

Yesterday was a rest day. Another SPECTACULAR workout again today, I chose to do cardio. I started with Treadmill, 30 minutes, 7.5 incline, 3.2 speed, 1.6 miles. Then I got on my elliptical and ran, interval mode, 2.4 miles, 22 minutes and total calorie burn for the two workouts combined were 548 calories. It felt so good to run again and to sweat. I got one of those Patella Tendon support bands and wear it while I run an my knee doesn't hurt at all. I think I just need a little extra support.

Debbie, I am so happy that you are back to working out full force again! Great job on the last workout you did, that one looks really great. I know what you mean about Easter this year, we aren't doing anything except cooking something. I told my parents that we will post pone it this year and get together to celebrate when this is all over. I hope you mom isn't home by herself!!! Both of my parents are still living and thank god they have each other.

Belinda, you did a Cathe Live workout and STS legs on the same day!!!!! Great job, WOW you are killin it!!!

Doreen, sometimes a foam rolling day is needed :) Great job on the workout today with the Daily Burn. I haven't tried those workouts but I have seen them I think on tv.

Diane Sue, Thanks for all of the cooking ideas. Your cheese cake sounds delicious!!! What are you making for Easter? I have no idea, I usually go out with my parents so I have to come up with something. I am thinking a soup of some kind. Maybe sauté zucchini, carrots, onions, garlic, potatoes, chicken stock and maybe add some chicken or ground turkey. Sounds good right!

I am working out tomorrow, what else is there to do!

I hope you all have a happy Easter Sunday.

I got up so sore today and feeling knots again in my upper back, so I decided to do the RAW Strength Stretch. I did that one once before, it's a good one, I really like it. I did my own foam rolling thing at the end and used my vibrating roller. Felt great, my hamstrings are really sore.

So the Heinen's instacart was a bust, I cannot seem to get a time for pickup. I tried Meijers and at least they show a list of times for pickup, but of course, all were chosen for today. So I will try to place the order Sunday night for Monday or Tuesday pickup.

Jolie - Yes, my mom lives alone. :( I go over there a lot but now with this shut down, I haven't been in her house in over a month. I stay outside and she stands on her back porch and we talk, but that's about it right now. Hope this crap is over soon.

Hope you are all doing well!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.