Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Jolie, nice workout . I am glad that you are not having any pain even with the stitches. I used to have a doctor that would talk fitness and listen to my health endeavors. She moved to a small farming community so her husband could farm. It took me awhile to find the doctor I have now. There is a natural health doctor near by that I have been interested in, but not sure that medicare would pay. The only thing is, I don't think she does surgeries and that sort of thing. She will administer flu shots and basic exams. I heard about her from a woman in Sprouts that was buying Green Vibrance powder and we got into a conversation. She was buying recommended products. Nice that it was dry when you went to visit your parents. It rained here last night and this morning. My back yard is turning into a mud hole and I had to hose my dogs feet off before I could let her come back in the house. It has been so wet, the water just does not sink into our clay soil very fast.

Roselyn, good for you getting Beach Body On Demand so you can do Lift 4. Have fun with it :)

Debbie, sending prayers your way. You are in my thoughts.

Evening all :)

I forgot to post my workout today, been so busy ripping and running.

Anywho, this morning I did Cardio Coach R#2 and STS chest, shoulders and triceps. Talk to yo tomorrow :p

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

TB Trisets is done.

Debbie - sending prayers your way.

Jolie - hope you feel 100% soon. Good job on your workout.

Roselyn - enjoy L4. I will defiantly do the workouts again.

Diane - glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang. BBL for more personals

Still haven't heard anything for my doctor. My pap test is not posted on my chart yet. Starting to worry a bit, I'm hoping I hear from her today. That weird pinch is still there but barely noticeable. I just wish it would go away totally.

Today I did Cathe Live Super Sets #209 from 08/02/18. I guess we don't need to put dates out there anymore since they numbered them. Brilliant, by the way!! This was a great workout but my only gripe is, I wish Cathe would change up the exercises. All these workouts I have been doing have the same exercises in them. There are so many others she could do, not sure why she sticks with the same ones over and over again. Getting a bit tired of them.

3 sets of each superset, barely no rest

SS #1
Dumbbell Curls: 15's/8 reps
Overhead Triceps Extension: 20#/8 reps

SS #2
Pushups: 10 reps
One Arm Rows: 22.5's - 12 reps

SS #3
Lateral Step Outs: 20# - 16/16/20 reps (I did stationary plie squats)
Alternate Cross Back Lunges: 10's - 12/16/20 reps (I did stationary cross back lunges)

SS #4
Front Raise: 20#/15#/15# - 12 reps
Rear Delt Flies: 12's - 12 reps

SS #5
Incline Dumbbell Curls on Ball: 15's - 12 reps
See-Saw Pushups: 12 reps

SS #6
Chest Flies on the Ball: 22.5's/20's/20's - 12 reps
Pullovers on the Ball: 25# - 6 slow reps

SS #7
Squats: 12's - 20 reps
Hamstring Roll-Ins on Ball: 20 reps

SS #8
Upright Rows: 12's - 12 reps
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 12's - 12 reps

Workout was 55 minutes, burned 492 calories (holy crap!), HR was 153/205 and I did 1843 steps.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did two - 4 minute workouts with two different coaches. One was Amy Dixon. I love her. :)

Total of both workouts was 14 minutes (warmup/cool down), burned 86 calories, went .31 miles and did 767 steps. HR was 130/173.

DOZ - You are killing it with your workouts girl! Nice job!!

Roselyn - Thank you! And I'm so excited to see you are doing the LIIFT4 workouts. You will love them!

Belinda - I watched the Xtrain Tabata workout since you pulled that one out the other day. Wow, I'm not sure I'd want to do that. I wish the workouts would show how long they are, nothing on the menu or during the workouts shows how long they are. They look fun but hard. I might try the first one, I'm assuming that one is the shortest. How long was all 5 tabatas? Great job on that!!

Diane - I seriously need to do so me research on doctors around me. I'm sick of mine, she has been like this from the get go. My cousin goes to a lady she really likes so I may set up something with her. I have been dragging my feet on it, though, because it's like changing banks. She knows me (sort of) and knows my background with my health. I guess anyone can learn that, though, with health records. Very frustrating, though. Great job on your workouts!! You are also killing it lately!

Jolie - It has been raining here for weeks. In the upper 60's/low 70's and I am wearing a fleece jacket right now. Ridiculous weather. Where is summer? Wish I could find a doctor like you have. I have to check with one of my cousins, she has a doctor she really likes.

Roxie - Hope you had a great weekend!

Doreen - I hope you had a great weekend as well!

Have a great day everyone. I hope the sun comes out today, I forgot what it looks like!

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Just step, 24 minutes, heart rate 144 average 190?? max, 2,244 steps, met 7.0, 181 calories. I then did the Challenge workout, Raw Front side/Back side, 56 minutes, heart rate 97 average- 130 max, met 5.7, 277 calories, 877 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, calories burned 421 calories, 3,121 steps. I need to run an errand and may be out with my daughter. I will come back and post weights and read posts :)

Today I did Cathe Live workout #252 Blazzin Bootcamp and it was just ok. I don't like Cathe's cardio and weight workouts as much as Yvette's workouts. First off, Cathe's warmups are so short and second, she goes so fast I feel like she just wants to finish and get the heck out of the gym. I lifted lite and still cant keep up with her. I feel like I am going to get injured and also, maybe some people might just want to lift heavier than what she is lifting during the class. Workout was 42 minutes and I burned 422 calories. This is a very high impact class so I modified so I wouldn't hurt my knees or low back. I don't suggest doing this workout she has so many others that are better. I did extra cardo, weights and abs at the end and finished with 546 calories. My average heart rate was 127 and max was 173.

Debbie, I agree, she needs to add different exercises into her workouts. I like her PHA, Vertical Loading, Glassboro Road Trip, and most of her upper body workouts but the other ones I don't like that much except for her kickboxing which are great. I hope you feel better, I am sure it is nothing to worry about. I think I might try that Super Sets workout soon, looks great!

DOZ, killing it with the STS and cardio workouts!

Belinda, nice job on the TB trisets today!

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout with your new rotation!

Diane Sue, nice job on the workout this morning, I hope you have a nice time with your daughter.

Doreen, I will check back in later to read your post.

Roxie, I hope you are having a nice vacation.

Happy Monday, woke up to light rain again today!!!!!!

Debbie - I can't remember the last time I did Tabata workout? Years? The reason I didn't do it, very high impact with lots of jumping. Which PF flaring up and my knees I stayed away from it. I figured I give it a try on the rebounder, worked out perfectly. It's a lot of fun on the rebounder. The music is great in XTrain. I did the entire workout, all 5 tabatas was 45 min. You can also use the WM for the times. You are right, there are not time on the dvd, weird! If you do a premixes you can 1 tabata at a time with warm up and cool down. Next time I will do one of the premixes. I hope you feel better soon and get some good news. Keep up posted.

Jolie - I had to laugh when said she goes so fast I feel like she just wants to finish and get the heck out of the gym:D You would think she slows down. I noticed in some of her workouts too. I am going to have to look for that one when I sign up soon. Great calorie burn!

Diane - great job with KCM raw workout today. Those workouts look great.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I am trying to pack my suitcase.

Hi everyone :)

Wow! Nice workouts guys. I got a late start this morning, I was so freaking tired from yesterday, I just wanted to sleep. I almost talked myself out of my workout today; but after my morning coffee, I felted better.

Workout this morning STS Strength Legs, it was all about Legs, got them real good o_O hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Good Evening,

I did KCM Stepboxing 1 workout 1 this morning. We have a ballgame to go to tonight.

Debbie-maybe you have a cyst on your ovary.

We spent an hour swimming this afternoon and had a nice visit with my daughter. Too bad I cannot wear my Fit Bit in the pool.
My weights today for Front Side Back Side Raw
2 sets each exercise group 10 reps

Back

reverse fly 15# dbs

Alternating step back row 15# db

Bulgarian Split squat 15# dbs

repeat

one arm kickbacks 10#

Standing cross body triceps Extensions 15# db

Suitcase Deadlift 20# dbs

repeat

Triceps

1 arm kickbacks 10# into standing cross body 10# right then repeat on left

Suitcase deadlift 15# dbs

Legs

Plies 20# db

Calf raises 15# dbs 30 reps different stances

Low back

Superman body weight 10 reps

frog legs on bench 10 reps

Low back

Good morning 12# db 10 reps

Plank wipers body weight 10 reps

High knees run before Front

FRONT Side 2 sets 10 reps for most

Shoulders

Arnold press 15# dbs(I did squats since I am still having some discomfort in the neck area)

Dumbbell front raise 10# db

Sissy squat body weight

repeat

Chest

Chest flys 12# dbs

Dumbbell press 12# dbs

Quad press (leg lifts seated) lots of reps

Biceps

21’s 7/7/7 reps 15# dbs

Supinated curls 15# dbs

Side lunges 15# db second time 15# dbs

Abs

Pulse crunch

Reverse curls

Debbie, I hope that you hear something and can figure that out. I do remember having doctors check for something before and no one could find anything. I had one doctor tell me there was nothing there to be bothering me. Right in my middle and it was something that would seem to come up when I got up from the floor, like when doing get ups or even sitting up to get out of the tub. It would catch up under my rib cage or something. The first time it happened it really hurt and I thought maybe I was stuck that way. It did it quite a few times after that and since the doctors seemed to not find anything, I guess I learned to be careful getting up from a similar position. Since then I had forgotten about it and it has not happened in a couple of years. I still have no clue. I also have a place that popped up, again in about the same area right under the center of my rib cage that is a inch and a half bump. Sometimes it is tender. At first they couldn't seem to find it. They would have me lie down and it seems to recede when I do that. Finally a doctor later told me it was a lypoma. Now, no one has did any tests or anything for either thing. This is just by one finally feeling it. She told me if it got bigger or started really bothering me to come back. That showed up about 6 years ago. The other was about 8 years ago. I guess what I am saying is, it seems doctors do not always know and for some reason, it does not seem important enough for them to order any kind of tests
to find out.

Belinda, I always like the tabatacise workouts. It is nice that you can do as many of them as you want with the premixes. Nice work today on the TB workout.

Jolie, I never can figure out why some workouts are thrown out there and go at such a fast pace. I have never been a fan of slinging weights around at a fast pace. I have injured myself more time with that type of workout. Particularly when they are swinging overhead and to the floor and you are getting down on the floor and getting back up. That must be one of her more recent workouts.

Doz, nice workout. That coffee must have really helped ;)

Roxie, enjoy the game to night . Nice work on the stepboxing.

Today I feel almost nothing in my side. WTH? Still no word from my doctor although she emailed me from a question I asked her over a week ago about my blood tests. What about the email I sent her on Friday about this side thing? Wow. Not very impressed with her anymore. She moved from Mercy to UH and I was really hoping it would get better. Seems worse. I'm hoping it just goes away but it really bothers me that it has lasted this long. I'm sure I'll hear back from her but only God knows when.

Today I did Cathe Live Jabs and Abs - not a great one. Very high impact moves all the way through. The bag part was fun. The abs were for Superman. I did do them but had to stop a lot. She does endless plank work in this one and my wrists were killing me. I feel like a wimp anymore doing her ab work. WTH? Is it me or is she just assuming everyone can do these workouts because she can? I was watching the girls behind her and they were all having problems with the ab work. Once she rolled over on her back I was able to do the rest of it. Oh well, I'm still glad I tried it. It was fun other than it being so high impact.

Workout was 54 minutes, burned 438 calories (getting some high calorie burns lately) and did 4319 steps. HR was 145/181.

I had a DVD sitting on my table from RIPT90FIT that was the stretch workout. I was thinking it was trying to tell me something. LOL! So I did it. It's ok, I should have done Kelly's RAW Stretch instead. Maybe I'll do that one on Thursday.

Jolie - I agree with Cathe moving so fast in her workouts. It is like she's trying to just hurry up to get out of the gym. She does that with all her lifting workouts as well. Half the time the girls working out with her are never ready to lift when Cathe is already on the 4th rep. I don't get it. I think I need to move on from these workouts, once I start complaining it means I'm getting tired of them. LOL! Nice job with the Bootcamp one, though. I may try a Yvette workout but they just seem very high in impact too.

Belinda
- Thanks for the info on the Tabata workout. I probably won't do that one any time soon. LOL!! Great job on MMA Kickboxing this morning! I don't have that one.

DOZ - Great job doing your workout even if you didn't feel like it. I find on the days when I feel like that I end up having a really great workout. Not sure why that happens.

Roxie - That is a thought... I wonder if a pap test would be able to determine that? Wish I would get those results back already. I may call them today. Probably would need to get a sonogram or something if it might be a cyst? It's feeling ok today, I'm hoping it is just going away and that it was just something weird. Great job with your workout and hope you had fun at the game!

Diane - When you did that workout yesterday did you take those long breaks that Kelly takes? I like that workout a lot but hate how long the breaks go on. Yep, I know what you mean with this issue, maybe it isn't anything that she finds is an emergency. But how can one urine test give you an answer? Maybe it can. I've had things like that happen to me as well, where I feel pain but it just goes away. Makes you wonder why that even happens? Thanks for what you wrote, maybe I'm just worrying for no reason.

Roselyn - Thank you! I am feeling better today. How are you liking that series? Fun, isn't it?

Sorry about all the complaining, everyone. I will be better, I promise! :)

Afternoon :)

Workout Cardio Coach And MIS Abs. Another busy day, my GK visiting, been here since Sunday; and keeping me busy lol. Well guys I’m starting to notice a few changes in my body, especially UB. I still have a long ways to go, but.....its’ always good to see changes, from hard work. Enjoy your day all ;)

Diane- Awesome work. Is that workout from Cathe.

Debbie- hope they figure it out real soon.

Last edited:
This morning I checked for the days challenge workout and then went ahead and chose my own workout. I did Raw Cardio Overload wearing my 8# vest( I really like this vest that I bought as it does not ride backwards on me), 31 minutes, heart rate average 136, max 166, 2,808 steps, 210 calories, met 8.0. I then did Raw Boxing and Drills and kept the 8# vest on along with using 1# hand weights for the boxing drills, 30 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 169, 2,469 steps, met 8.5, 226 calories. I finished off with the abs from Kelly's 30 minutes to Fitness Weights dvd, 12 minutes, met 3.5, 37 calories, 21 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 473 calories, 5,298 steps. I put money in my pay pal account form my rebates. I need to get online and pre-order Kelly's two new workouts. They look good. She looks great!

Debbie, I think might be thinking of Kellys Ascending Pyramid workout with the really long rests while Kelly weights for her friend to do her set. Front Side Back Side just keeps moving throughout. I have done it enough times I did not have to do a bunch of stopping this time which was nice. I have been amazed at how well the women on Cathe's live workouts keep up with her and even with her weight increments. One thing I like about Kelly is she encourages you to go at your pace with weights, and cardio and gives suggestions. Like today's boxing and drills where she says you can used some dumbbells for the boxing, but no more than 3 lb, (know some of you are stronger than me) :) I tried forwarding to the next move the last time I did the Ascending Pyramid workout. I need to write down the times so it is easier to know how far to go. Otherwise I do abs and some cardio stuff while waiting. I suppose a person could really up their weights with those longer rests. They just feel too long. I loved Jabs and Abs and did that one several times. I am working on my supermans, as that seems to be one of the predominant suggestions by physical therapists and doctors for helping low back pain. Most involve a lot of stretching and working muscles the opposite of the way we bend over, slouch, and lean all of the time. Same with the neck.

Doz, that workout is from Kelly Coffey's Raw Fitness channel I subscribe to. She is still charging only 6.99 a month which is a great deal for all she has there.

Belinda, I love the MMA workouts. I had looked so forward to them when they first came out because of the heavy bag workout. The only one I do not care for so much is the one where you are jumping over tubing in a box and stuff.

Roselyn, nice work on Lift 4.

No workout for me today, I have repair men here working on things so it just didn't work out for me today. :(

Debbie, I am going to do another month of Cathe Live, write down all of the workouts I do like to do and then cancel, that way I can do them on my own and listen to my own music and go at my own pace. I love Yvette more now because you know what to expect, you can basically go at your own pace, own rep range and I get better results for my body type. I get a much better calorie burn because it is weights with cardio and my body is responding to these types of workouts. We should just come up with our own weight workouts and do them together! I want to lift heavier and not so much light compound moves. I also have a repair man coming to fix my treadmill, so I want to walk more and run on my elliptical. I have most of Tony Horton's One on One series, it is him working out by himself in his home gym, and the workouts are awesome. They are hard and he lifts heavy. :) Go back and do Cathe's earliest workouts on Live and those are so much better than her recent ones. The first year is the best. Nice workout today.

Ladies, you are all killing it on the workouts today!

I have to run, I have a repair man calling for me!

Jolie and Debbie - I am in if you guys come up with your own weight workout. I don't like rushing through a workout. I prefer slower lifting. My friend is coming over tomorrow morning, she wants to do a Cathe Live workout. She also mention that Cathe flies through the workouts. I hope I keep up with her, lol.

Diane - I don't have a heavy bag. I do air bunches, lol. I have so many dvd's it's almost overwhelming. Great job with your workouts.

Good morning,

My friend came over this morning, we did a Cathe Live PHA together. I really liked the workout. I was a sweaty mess. Cathe really flies through the exercises. There was no warning on what comes next, Cathe was always a few reps ahead of everyone including myself. I did like the workout, wished she slowed down and give better cues on what comes next. Maybe I didn't had enough coffee, it was very early when we did the workout. I really liked the workout especially the hammer curl/overhead to triceps extensions and the front raise/side raises. Got a nice burn! The ab workout was tough one, but good.

BBL

Today I did Kelly's RAW Back/Front Workout. I haven't done this one since exactly one year ago. I've only done it once and I'm not sure why? It is a great workout and I really liked it. I did the whole workout.

I'm thinking about doing Body Beast starting next week but I want to watch the workouts to see how they go, I don't remember much of them.

BACK SIDE
Back:

Reverse Fly - 15's/10 reps
Alt. Step Back, Row - 15's/10 reps
Bulgarian Split Squats - 15#/10 reps
REPEAT - no rest

Triceps:
One Arm Kickbacks - 10#/10 reps
Standing Cross Body Ext (same arm) - 10#/10 reps
Suitcase Deadlifts - 20's/10 reps
REPEAT

Legs:
Plies - 20#/10 reps
Calf Raises - 20's/30 reps (toes in, out, forward)
REPEAT

Low Back:
Supermans on bench - 10 reps
Frog Legs on bench - 10 reps
REPEAT

Low Back:
Good Mornings - 15#/12# - 10 reps
Plank Wipers - 10 reps
REPEAT - Did good mornings even though I feel they are dangerous. I went light.

FRONT SIDE
Shoulders:

Arnold Press - 15's/10 reps
Dumbbell Front Raise - 15#/10 reps
Sissy Squats - 15's/10 reps (I did regular squats)
REPEAT

Chest:
Chest Flies - 20's/10 reps
Dumbbell Press - 20's/10 reps
Quad Presses - 1# ankle weights - Many reps, worked the quads and they burned!
REPEAT

Biceps:
21's - 12's/7 low, 7 up, 7 full
Supinated Curls - 15's
Side Lunges - 12#/10 reps
REPEAT

Abs:
Pulse Crunch - 10 reps
Reverse Curls - 18 reps
REPEAT

Very FUN!! Workout was 62 minutes, burned 497 calories (HOLY CRAP), HR 144/205.

Feeling better, still no word from my doctor. Unbelievable.

I watched an Arnold's Blueprint on youtube yesterday, it was really interesting. It must have been done recently because he is talking and looks like he does now. That man is amazing but looking at all that muscle now doesn't really appeal to me anymore. I can't believe how huge he was!!!

I have errands to do, I'll be back later for personals.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.