Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Good Morning,

DH and I have walked the boardwalk three times since arriving in Branson and yesterday we walked to some shops from the motel that was all uphill. Last night we had a meal and a show on a showboat, today is the beach which is called Moonshine Beach

Reactions: WD
Today I did workouts from both the Raw challenge and Kelly's dvd challenge. Workout was Total body Kickboxing DVD workout #1, 28 minutes, 209 calories,heart rate average 141, max 175, met 8.0, 2,679 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Weight Circuits #1, 29 minutes, 157 calories, met 6.0, heart rate average 108, max 157, 764 steps. Total time was 57 minutes, calories burned 366, 3,443 steps.
Raw weight circuits #1
30 seconds work 35# barbell (my weight) 12.5# dbs, 25# db, 8# dbs (my weight)
chest flys 12.5 # dbs
skull crushers 12.5# dbs
pledge curls 12.5# dbs
shoulder press 12.5# dbs
alternating row from squat position picking db up from floor 25# db
kickbacks 8# dbs
deadlift 35# bb
squat/deadlift 35# barbell
rnd 2 same except lateral raise 8# dbs instead of overhead press
rnd 3
bench press 12.5# dbs
tate press 12.5 # dbs
hammer curls 12.5# dbs
shoulder press 12.5 dbs
bent over row underhand 35# barbell
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
squat deadlift 35# barbell
rnd 4
bench press 12.5# dbs
tate press 12.5# dbs
alternating lateral raise 8# dbs
alternating row from squat position 25# db
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
35# barbell squat
rnd 5
flies 15# dbs ( I upped the weight)
alternating row squat postition from floor 25# db

Belinda, I like the Ice Metabolic Circuit. Have a great day :)

Doz, nice work today.

Roxie, it sounds like you are getting plenty of activity. Moonshine Beach, :p:D

Doreen, Fit Split cardios are nice quick workouts. I did not like them at first , but the grew on me and I have used them a lot. Particularly that Kickbox workout.

Debbie, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you. Yikes on the nuts. I eat nuts almost every day and I bake things like cheesy bread sticks with almond flour. Now that worries me. I am not a huge strawberry fan though. I mostly eat blueberries. I hope they are not a problem. I rely on those things for inflammation. I guess we can over do some foods when trying to be healthy? I hope it just goes away for you. Stopping eating nuts would be hard. I always felt berries were better than higher carb fruits like bananas and pineapple etc.
I do that Raw boxing and drills workout so much. It is a nice length to use to get in some extra cardio as an add on to other workouts and I find it fun. I find the sugars are not so much in my whey protein or bone broth protein powders. It is what I put that in :rolleyes: Berries, dark chocolate chips, plain yogurt or kefir. They all hike up the sugars.

Last edited:
Debbie, prayers coming your way. Have you ever done a kidney or gallbladder flush? I have use Super Phos and it works great to get you to pass your stones pain free. It makes them like jelly and they are past in one day. I got it on Amazon, you mix it with Apple juice for 3 days. On the forth day, you drink a cup of oil combined with a coke and lay on one side, I forget which side, for about an hour. Then your done. When you have a bowel movement the stones come out. It is crazy but you feel like a different person after you do it. I might do it again, I have done it 2 times now just to be healthy. Coffee is a big culprit of stones. The seeds from the berries are really hare on your kidneys. I hope you feel better soon.

No workout for me, I had dental surgery. The next appointment I get the crown on and Im done! They had to cut the gums away and put in a spacer so I have stitches in my gum line. They told me to not workout for a couple of days so that is that. :( PS, I am not giving up all sugar, just ridiculous choices that I make when I have a sweet tooth :( It is impossible to eliminate sugar completely.

Great job on the workout ladies, keep up the good work.

Jolie - awww....hope you feel better soon. Listen to your dentist. Take it easy. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I have a sweet tooth too:confused:

Today I did Cathe live Awesome Upper Body. I had a great workout.

Giant Set 1
Triceps Dips:
32 reps fast
Standing Overhead Triceps Extensions: 12's - 10/8 reps
Pushups off Step: 16/8 reps
Close Grip Chest Press: 17.5's - 20/16 reps
Chest Flies: 17.5's - 8/10 reps
Close Grip to Chest Flies: 17.5's - 4 sets
One Arm Triceps Pushups: 16 reps each side (I did regular triceps pushups)
Repeat

Giant Set 2
Standing Overhead Press:
12.5's - 8 reps (but using 1.5 lifts)
Lateral Raise: 5's - 12 reps
Iron Cross: 5's - 8/6 reps
Rear Flies: 5's - 12 reps using 1.5 lifts
Upright Row: 12's - 16 reps
Repeat

Giant Set 3
Pullover:
30# - 8 reps (1.5 method)
One Arm Fly: 12# - 12 reps
One Arm Row: 22.5# - 12/16 reps
(the fly/row were put together on one side then the other, 2nd time exercises were switched)
Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 8 reps
Crazy Eights: 10's
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps
Reverse Curls: 10's - 16 reps
Repeat

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 358 calories and HR was 159/199.

No time for personals as I need to run some errands. Thank you all for the prayers. The pain was pretty bad last night, I couldn't sleep very well. Right now it feels ok. Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of this issue.

Jolie - Praying for you, hope your mouth is better today. They didn't have to do that when I got mine done.

I'll try to be back later.

Debbie/ Jolie- hope you both are feeling better soon!

Debbie - Does it hurt when you workout?

I did a paper workout today off instagram written by one busy body. A full body workout that took about 30 minutes. It was lots of deadlifts, squats, rows, etc.

Doreen - I know you mention it before, who is the instructor you did the full body workout with? Enjoy your vacation.

Hey guys :)

This morning, I had another awesome workout, I know I said that I was going to move on from STS #37, however, lasts night when I viewed #38 it was basically the same format, with less rest. And because I wanted to make it a total body, I opt for #37 again lol

I did STS Strength Legs, #37 I added 3 sets of chests, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, Piles, fire walkers, and side kicks. Tomorrow I’m looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Have a great day all

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw workouts. I started with the challenge raw workout, Athletic Cardio Drills and Barbell using a 25# barbell, since yesterday was heavier, 31 minutes, heart rate 124 average, 153 max, 194 calories, met 7.4, 1,777 steps. I then did Raw Step #3, 43 minutes, 310 calories, met 151 average, 185 max(not sure how I got that high of a heart rate), met 8.5, 4,097 steps. I finished off with Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, heart rate 91 average, 130 max, met 3.4, 55 calories, 193 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, 559 calories, 6067 steps.

Belinda, I bet revisiting Turbo Kicks was fun ;)

Debbie, glad you are feeling a little better today. Great job on Awesome Upper Body today.

Doreen, I don't know why, but when I do deadlifts lately, my low back starts hurting. Nice work today.

Doz, nice job turning it into a total body workout. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow :)

Good morning,

XTRAIN TABATACISE is done. I did all 5 Tabatas. I haven't done that workout in years, too high impact. I did all the high impact on my rebounder. I am going to pull out this one more often, now I can do it on my rebounder.Great music in that one.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

So just an update. The medication my doctor gave me for whatever it is I have is not helping. I only have one more day of it to take and I still feel the same thing. So... I researched what she thought I might have - polyps on my colon - nope, no symptoms of that at all. And what makes me mad, is she didn't question me at all on what I was experiencing or asked me questions about having symptoms. I researched kidney infection - nope, not one symptom there; urinary tract infection - nope, not one symptom there; and appendicitis - nope, not one symptom there.

The only other thing I can think is it's my ovary. I did have a Pap test so I am waiting for the results. I just emailed my doctor to see if it came back yet. I really don't have a clue what could be wrong. Maybe it's something with menopause, maybe I have polyps on my ovary. Hopefully I will find out by Monday.

Another thing I'm mad at my doctor about is if she thought I had polyps on my colon, why didn't she request a colonoscopy? I wouldn't do it, mind you, but I would have done the test you can do at home. She never even mentioned it.

I think I need to find another doctor. I have been thinking of this for a while now, but I think this just does it for me. How do you not ask your patient questions about what you are experiencing?

Sorry to go off on here like this, just wanted to tell you all what is going on.

Doreen - It doesn't actually hurt, it's not painful. I haven't done ab work because I think that would not be comfortable.

Great job on your workouts everyone!! I am enjoying a restful weekend. Hope you all do too!

• Sad
Debbie, I am so sorry. I have had doctors do the same type of stuff. Fortunately the one I am seeing now is very attentive and thorough. I hope that you can get the problem resolved. You need to find out what it is. I don't recall anything like that with menopause. Are you going to call that doctor and let them know the antibiotic did not fix things. I will keep you in my prayers.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Hi/Lo Cardio 45, 34 minutes, heart rate 121 average, 156 max, met 7.8, 201 calories, 2012 steps. This one is different as you do 15 minutes of cardio, some floor work leg lifts, then standing and lower light dumbbell combos all at 45 sec per move, which still keeps the heart rate up some. I then did 30 Minutes to Fitness dvd Boot Camp cardio only premix, heart rate average 137, max 169, met 8.0, 212 calories, 2,851 steps. I finished off with Cathe Lite extended stretch 12 minutes, 31 calories, 11 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, calories burned 444, 4,874 steps.

Roselyn, nice work.

Belinda, great job on Tabatacise. That is a good one. Good that you could use the rebounder for it.

Yesterday I went to Big Bear and visited my Dad and Mom for Fathers Day. I had a great day sitting out in the sun and going for a walk at the lake with the dogs. The weather was beautiful, 85 degrees and dry out. Today here at the beach it is raining! WTF? Anyway, I started working out today, an easy workout, I didn't lift as heavy as I could have, waiting till tomorrow to really get back into it. My mouth is healing great, taking a ton of Vitamin C, Grape seed extract, cayenne and colostrum, it is really doing the trick. I have a metal post with a flat plate on the top till my gums heal, about 3 weeks and then I get a crown put in and I am done. I never had any pain, an I have stitches in my mouth. Yeah! Today I did Cathe Live, Upper Body Core Crush, workout #245 and had an awesome workout. I really like this one, I did not do any of the pushups, I substituted Chest presses or lying triceps extensions instead. It is a basic weight lifting workout with a killer AB section at the end. I burned 455 calories.

Roselyn, great job getting BB Lift 4. I hope you enjoy the rotation.

You all have had some great workouts the last couple of days!

Debbie, sorry to hear about your issue, I would defiantly get a new doctor. I love mine, she lets me order any test I want and we speak freely about what issues I am having. She also loves that I take charge of my health and loves the fact that I look for remedies in the holistic realm instead of using any sort of drugs. I interviewed my doctor before I signed up to be her patient LOL! I wouldn't do a colonoscopy either, they can cause problems, i do the colon test at home and the works perfectly. It could be stones, but the only way you would know is if you had an ultra sound done.

I hope you all have the best Fathers Days with either your dads or husbands. Enjoy your day. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.