Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Hey guys,

Quick check in, this morning I did Kick Punch & Crunch premix (SL). Today is my son BD he is 46 today EEK :eek: I will try to come back and see what you guys are up to, ttyl

Reactions: WD
Today is my scheduled rest day. I thought I would be really sore today but I feel great!

Belinda, I hate when instructors talk too much. I like to concentrate when I workout not listen to chatter. Tony Horton is the King of chatter and so is Sagi.

Debbie, wow on the leg workout today! I wonder if you will be feeling it tomorrow :)

Doreen, nice job on the bootcamp workout today. I love using heavy weights, I really feel like I am getting a good workout that way.

I will check back later to read posts.

Happy Hump day.

DOZ, we must have posted at the same time today. Great job on the workout, that is a tuff one! Happy birthday to your son today!

Jolie - enjoy your rest day today. I think Autumn is the queen of chatter. I know more about her son than I wanted too. She talked nonstop :( There is no music in those workouts, all your hear is Autumn, lol. Like I said, if and when I do the program again I will do a paper workout instead. Like to jam and crank up my own music, not hear a thing.I am glad I done the program.

This morning I did some warm up stuff and stretches, then I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump workout #1 cardio, 30 minutes, met 8.0, 221 calories, heart rate average 143, max 167, 2,748 steps, followed by Coffey Fit Raw Hip Hop Weights , 42 minutes, heart rate 119 average, 157 max, met 6.5, 241 calories, 1,150 steps. I did a few extra stretches afterward. Not counting the extra stuff workout was 72 minutes, 462 calories, 3,898 steps.
RAW HIP HOP WEIGHTS
42 minutes Kelly uses 12# and 7# dumbbells I used 12# and 8# dumbbells for pretty much all. Each body part is done throughout a whole song
warm up is moves minus weight
planks/knee pull/down dog to plank/push up
plank to lunge/ biceps / knee pull / cobra
standing squat/ squat twist/ squat reach
shoulder rolls and head to right and left
ending with side to side steps
SHOULDERS light dumbbells I used 8#(should have went lighter)
side to side step upright row (quick paced/ front raise (this is 4 reps upright row and 4 reps front raise)
overhead press 8 reps
bent over lateral raise
3 rnds of this then add ends with 4th round reverse lunge 12 reps/ side to side upright row and front raise
BACK
heavier dumbbells 12#
squat pulls
double arm rows
alternating rows
2 rounds then add reverse lunge/ rows for two more sets with squat pulls
BICEPS 12# dbs
double and single arm curls alternating 4 times
supinating curls
side to side lunge 4 reps t hen add curls with the side to side lunges
I think this was 3 rounds but it may be 4 (I lose track when I am having to push myself to finish)
Legs 12# dbs
squats 12 reps (close stance)
front lunge/ angle lunge 8 reps
deadlift (suitcase)
side to side plie squats with pulses
4 rounds ?
TRICEPS 8# dbs
kick backs double arm 8 reps
kickbacks alternating 8 to 12 reps ??
overhead triceps extensions
3 rounds then add pull up arms from behind for 3 more rounds. I dropped to 5 pounds for this on the last round (this is sort of like the move Cathe does in Stacked sets with the pulling up the pants move, but so much of this that my neck and shoulders get fatigued)
CHEST
12# dbs (Ummm I dropped to 10# last round as I was feeling it a lot in my shoulders)
flys
bench press
modifies pull overs
4 rounds
finish off with push ups (this was tough after all of the rest was done)
Abs
crunch
crunch with hip tilt
reverse crunch
repeat
oblique crunch with knee ins finishing

Debbie, nice job on the workout. It has been so humid here you cannot even set a cold water bottle on a coaster without water running off all over the furniture. I had to dig out a sandstone coaster that I have. Even when it is cooler it is still muggy. Nice work today. I do wish Kelly would do a couple of cardio workouts that are non step and lower impact on her raw channel. Kickboxing would be perfect. I don't like having weights mixed in to the cardio when I have been working hard. It is just a bit too much on the shoulders.

Roselyn, nice work on Body Beast.

Doreen, I have seen bootcamp workouts that just moved from one intense strength workout to another. Sometimes things like plank and leg moves etc. . Just not real cardio, but non-stop movement.

Belinda, yes I dislike wasted time when I am doing a workout. I utilize their chat time or down time to do something else.

Doz, all 3 of my children are now in their 40's. It makes me feel ancient LOL

Jolie, I hope you had a great rest day. I sometimes do not feel the effects of the workouts for a couple of days.

Good morning,

D78 TB is done. Two more day's left :)

Doz - Happy birthday to your son. Great job on KPC. Haven't done that one in a long time.

Roselyn - great job as always.

Debbie - I like the looks of your workout yesterday. How is the cardio on Live? Do you like it? Autumn is annoying in Phase 3. Maybe it's just me? I don't like all that chatter in the morning, lol.

Doreen - I like Sydney Cummings workouts. I have done some of her workouts in the past. Really like her.

Diane - great job yesterday. Like I said, DH and I workout abs in between all her chatter, lol. I hate standing around and not do anything. I wished she talk less and cut the workouts by 15 min. Keep the workout moving.

That's it for me today. Have a great workout and day, everyone.

I am thinking about preparing Cathe's new workouts? Can't decide if I want the dvd's? I have until tomorrow to decide.

This morning I did Kelly's 30 Minute to Fitness Total Body Kickboxing workout. I only have done this one one other time before and I really like it. It is only 30 minutes (obviously) so I added on one of the premixes with both workouts and just the punching drills. The other workout is a kickboxing sculpting workout and I want to do that one next week, I really liked the punching drills. I wore my 2# weighted gloves and had a great workout.

Workout was 55 minutes, burned 446 calories (hard to believe, not sure that is right?) went 5090 steps and HR was 148/208 - which I don't think that is right either.

MyFitnessPal is still not syncing my workouts. They know there is a problem and this is day 3. How long does it take to figure out what changed? So annoying.

DOZ - Happy birthday to your son!! I know, my step son and daughter are 33 and 34 and its so hard for me to believe. Where does the time go? Great job with your workout!!

Jolie - Yes, I feel that workout today. My butt, especially, is sore. Love it!!! Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Diane - It will eventually get humid here, not looking forward to that. It rained ALL DAY yesterday and came down in buckets. The roads were flooded and so were many yards. Crazy weather. Today it is dark and dreary out there again. Before we know it, summer will be gone and we will spend it looking at gray skies. I hope not!!! Nice job with your workout, I like Cardio Pump.

Belinda - I like Cathe live, she is fun on there and so far she doesn't talk too much that I can't stand it. Her workouts are fun and I sometimes wish I could really do these workouts with her in the class. She comes up with some good ones, that's for sure. Believe it or not, I want to try one of her live Bootcamp workouts. She just posted one last week I think. You have 2 more days left!!!

Roxie - Hope you are ok and all is going well. Any workouts to report? :)

Doreen - Nice job on your workout yesterday!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

I really couldn't decide what to do this morning. I needed to do cardio but felt like I had no energy this morning. I finally decided on Low Impact Circuit and it was perfect. I love the step combos in this one and the light weights were exercises I had not done yesterday so it worked perfectly and was fun!

We are getting a new bed Friday!! So excited. My husband has been having back issues and asked me yesterday what I thought about getting a new mattress. I said - I'd rather get an entire new bed too and he agreed! We are moving from a queen to a king size too! He was resistant to move to a king for some reason! Sheesh - he's 6 ft 2in and takes up our entire queen - I want some space too!! Now maybe he won't hit me in his sleep!

Hey guy :)

I didn’t think I was going to get my workout in this morning. Yesterday I decided to cook for my son a BD dinner, which it went well; but I was so tired. They didn’t get here until 10pm, family ended up spending the night. Still ended nice.:D

This morning while the house and puppies quiet, I hopped on my treadmill and did Cardio Coach PP, house still sleeping :rolleyes: so I did STS Back and Triceps yay! last week of Meso 1.

Everyone is gone, off to soak. Have a great day all.

Today I did Yvette's Moderate Impact Step/ Biceps / Shoulders / Triceps / Core. I had and excellent workout. Yvette uses 2 risers I used 3. Rep range was 12 to 15 and the exercises were Bicep curls with a twist, Arnold Press, Triceps ext and a ton of AB work. The Step cardio was 45 seconds, and core was 30 seconds. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes, I had to pause a couple of times after the cardio segments. Then I did Cathe Live, JABS and ABS the first 15 minutes with 1 pound gloves. I wanted to see if I would like this workout for the future. Too much jumping for me and it was hard with the weighted gloves. I like her other kickboxing workouts better. Workout was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 836 calories. I had a ton of energy today because of my day off yesterday. Average heart rate was 127 and max was 170.

I want to try some of Yvette's kickboxing workouts either using the step or without. They look really fun, not so much kickboxing as incorporating cardio. I am sleeping really bad lately, my hot flashes are killing me. I also gain weight when I get them so that makes me made. I went on DIM Plus yesterday, an Estrogen blocker, all natural to see if that would help again. I have taken it in the past along with Change of Life and it did the trick.

DOZ, nice job getting that killer workout in today!

Debbie, I am glad you had a great workout today. I like to use 2 # gloves but I have to do the moves slower when wearing them and it is impossible if you have to do jumping jacks. :) What's on store for your workout tomorrow? I might just lift, not sure which workout? Maybe Vertical Loading or a PHA.

Belinda, wow on only 2 more workouts to go! You and your husband killed it with that rotation. :)

Diane Sue, I hope you have a good workout today.

I have a repair man coming next week to get my TM working again. It is $95 for the whole service so I thought i would do it. I want to start walking on an incline again, it really makes my butt look better :)

Yesterday was my youngest son's last day of school junior year, lets hope he passed all of his classes. This would be the first year he wouldn't have summer school do to making up a class or football. I would love to have one summer off of school or sports just once.

Have a wonderful day. My after burn for the last 20 minutes is 124 calories.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness premix cardio with the abs, 40 minutes 283 calories, met 8.0, heart rate 134 average, max 171, 3,043 steps. I then did Raw Kettlebell and Dumbbell Fusion, 27 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 161, 166 calories, 1,445 steps, met 7.2. I finished off with Lite Extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories, 11 steps. Total time was 78 minutes, 480 calories, 4,499 steps.
KETTLEBELL DUMBBELL FUSION
1 minute each move 12# dbs, 3# dbs for boxing moves, and 20# kettlebell for various swings
squat curls 12# dbs, punches 3# dbs, double arm swings
repeat
deadlift/row/high pull 12# dbs, 3 # dbs for upper cuts hop and switch feet, alternating kettlebell swings
repeat
kickbacks 12# dbs with reverse lunge, 3 # dbs high hook low hooks, kettlebell figure 8's
repeat
push ups, sit up punches, sit up hooks alternating
repeat
stretch

Good Evening,

KCM Raw workout of the day Kettlebell Dumbbell Fusion tonight. I need to stop feeling gross and do something about it.

Getting here late again. I had an appointment this afternoon. It has been pouring more rain and so many flooded roads. I feel bad for those in the northern part of the state. They have it even worse. It is rough when roads are blocked off and people are stranded with cars sitting in water.

Belinda, it is not that many dvds this time. I like the idea of the PHA with step. 2 more days :D!! I don't care if I have all day to do a workout, I would rather not wait around for someone to stop chattering. I want to get it done and go on to other things. I kind of like

Debbie, the Total Body Kickboxing workout is one that I purchased more recently. For some reason I thought it was her first kickboxing only one that I have. One day I was going through my dvds and looking at her dvds online and realized that that one was a different on. I love the first one. Both are great Kickboxing workouts. I like all of the premix options. I had a problem for awhile with my fitness pal syncing. I kept trying to reboot my tablet, cell, and watch. Pushed the sync button on them and I don't know what clicked but after a few days it started working right. I would think it was not syncing and add my stuff again and then the next morning see it there twice. MFP bogs down or something. Tonight I was trying to put in my meals and it kept lagging and sometimes it will just drop out and reboot back up, not saving what I just added. I am sure they mush have some bug in there system.

Doreen, that is a fun workout when not up for something harder. I would like a new bed. I can't even remember when we got our mattress. It is California king which is longer as my husband is 6'1, and we had purchased a huge dresser, nightstands and headboard, bed frame. It has moved through several homes and it bothers my back. We bought 3 inch memory foam to put on it 6 years ago. I have mentioned that I would really like a new mattress set. They are not cheap though. We had a new queen set for our guest room in our last home, and gave it to my granddaughter. I thought it was a lot more comfortable.

Doz, I don't know how you do it. If I was up that late doing a meal a enjoying guests, I don't think I would have much desire for a workout like what you did. Nice job getting it all in.

Jolie, isn't it amazing how much more energy there is after a rest day? I tried an Yvette kickbox workout once and thought there was not much kickboxing to it and there was a lot of impact. Maybe it was just the one I tried. Great workout today. That is not a bad price to get your treadmill up and running. How do you figure the after burn calories?? Hope you son did well. He is not into sports this year? I hope that you can get those hot flashes in check. I hate losing sleep.

Roselyn, nice job today.

Roxie, same workout today :) Are you doing Kelly's challenge rotation? I am loosely picking up on some of the workouts I think.

Good morning,

D79 Cardio Core is done. One more workout and we are done. I am getting ready for my walk, I will be back for personals.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip 2018 workout from 7/28/18 #208. I think this one is my favorite so far from the Live workouts. I just love it because I can go heavy. I pause here and there because Cathe goes from one exercise to another and hardly no rest. This is a great workout!!

Each giant set is done 3 times with 8 reps each.

Giant Set 1
Pushups:
10/10/10 reps on step
Chest Flies: 25's
Close Grip Chest Press: 20's

Giant Set 2
Pullovers:
30# - 6 reps at 4/4 count
One Arm Row: 35#
One Arm Rear Fly: 15#

Giant Set 3
Upright Row:
15's
Shoulder Press: 17.5's
Lateral Raise: 12's

Giant Set 4
Standing Overhead Extensions:
25#
Kickbacks: 12's
Dips: 24 reps

Giant Set 5
Dumbbell Curls:
17.5's/15's/15's
Hammer w/Twist: 15's
W Curls: 12's

Abs
Monster Walks
- I actually did these!
Lying Leg Lifts - Used 8's
Planks

I did all the abs this time and stretched my low back really good when I got done. Really felt it.

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 415 calories!!!! and HR was 144/197. Did 908 steps.

I'll be back later for personals...

Afternoon :)

This morning, I did Cardio Coach R#2 and STS strength legs man oh man I’ve been sleeping on that workout; I love it, in between the 150 sec rest; I did upper body, yep I took advantage of time. Had an awesome workout. Tomorrow is my rest day, but I plan on walking a good distance.

Debbie- Nice work glad you are enjoying Cathe live workouts.

Have a great workout all:p

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip workout number #208. I had an awesome workout today :) I went heavier and I did each set x 10 reps. I could go heavier on a couple of exercises next time I do it by about 2 pounds. Workout was 1 hour and 6 minutes, I had to pause a lot to get in extra reps and I did more abs at the end. Total calories burned was 442. I changed just a few exercises because I cant do pushups due to my shoulder and dips hurt as well.

Chest Press- 25's x 10 reps for all exercises and 3 rounds for each Giant Set
Chest Flies- 20's
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 10
1 Arm Rows- 30#
Rear Flies- 12#

Upright Rows- 15's x 10
Seated Overhead Press- 22's
Lateral Raises- 10's

Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 10
Lying Cross Body Ext.- 12#
Kickbacks- 10's

Seated Traditional Curls- 17's x 10 ( stayed seated to take out any momentum )
Hammer Curl with a twist- 20's
W Curls Seated- 15's ( these almost killed me )

Monster Walks
Lying Leg Lifts
Bicycles

Extra with weights and Medicine ball. Abs are now my favorite body part to work and they used to be my least favorite :) Once you do them everyday, they become a lot easier to do!

Debbie, how funny that we picked the same workout again today! This too is my favorite lifting workout from Cathe. I do one round before I press play and that way I dont have to rush and I can lift heavier and slower. Good job on the calorie burn, i see they are going up doing these workouts. Mine was almost exactly the same except I did more abs at the end. My heartrate however, did not get that high today.

Belinda, great job on the workout and I hope you have a great walk today. I always walk prior to my workout, at least a mile up and down hills, I have to get my dog out to do his business before I tackle my workouts. I love to walk.

DOZ, nice job on the workout today, i would be dead :) You will probably need a rest day after that workout, kickin butt!

I will be back later to read all of your posts. Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.