Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Starting a new month, can't believe it's June already. Certainly doesn't feel like it. It's like 48 degrees here right now. WTF???

Today I did Cathe Live Pumped Upper Body - Love this one, had a great workout!!

3 times through each round.

ROUND 1
Warm up w/5# dumbbells
Sweeper Curls: 17.5's/17.5's/15's - 10 reps
Upright Row: 15's/15's/12's - 16,12,8 reps

ROUND 2
W Curls:
12's - 8 reps
Front Raise: 15# - 12 reps
3 times
Isolation Curls: 12's - holds and various counts

ROUND 3
Dips:
32 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 17.5's - 8 reps alternating/8 reps together
Rear Delt Fly: 12's - 10 reps w/ 8 reps chaser set (last time she did 8 and 8)
Pullovers: 30# - 8 reps

ROUND 4
Push ups
using step variations all 3 sets
Chest Fly: 17.5's - 10 reps and 12 reps final set
Seated Overhead Press: 12's - 12 reps and 10 reps final set
Lying Triceps Extension: 12's/10's/10's - 8 reps with partials and final set 5 partials

ROUND 5
One Arm Row:
25# - 16 reps
Lateral Raise: 5's - 32 reps

ABS
Bicycles
Reverse Crunch
Leg Shooters (V-Ups)
L Crunch
Leg Chasers

2 times but last set was shorter

Love the ab work in this one, very doable but I can still feel it big time.

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 356 calories and HR was 130/175. Did 1138 steps.

I will be back later for personals.

Reactions: WD
I know - June already!?!

This morning I did 2 Sweat Studio sculpting workouts. One Lifting for Power and the other Lifting for weight loss. Funny thing was they both used some of the same exercises - HA! Both were ok- I'm finding some of these streaming classes for sculpting a bit too slow - too many breaks and too much instruction.

I forgot to post this weekend but I did Cardio Slam at the park. I just too my step topper along and it worked great! My husband is nowhere near clearing the pile of dirt off the cement slab I typically use as my outdoor workout area so I'm going to have to improvise for a while if I want to workout outside this summer!

This morning I did Raw Kettlebell workout, 42 minutes, met 6.5,253 calories, heart rate average 119, max 151, 1,456 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey's dvd Split Sessions Upper body back, chest, biceps, and triceps (skipping the waistline and shoulders. This was 21 minutes, heart rate average 109, max 138, met 6.0,106 calories. This one I used 15# dbs throughout. Kelly does push and pull muscles together. I did not write on the work sheet.
Kettle Bell Raw

20 on 10 off tabata 4 rounds each move Kelly uses 20# and 30# kettle bells, but does drop to a 12# dumbbell for triceps after starting heavier. 42 minutes 4 sets of each exercise
basic swing 20# 4 rounds
scale dead lift 30# right, left right left
single swings 20# right, left, right left
squat upright row 30#
20# alternating swings 4 rounds
curls right, left, right ,left 20#
figure 8 's 20#
overhead triceps extensions 20# I stayed with this all 4 rounds. Kelly picks up a 12# dumbbell and finishes off with kickbacks
double swings 30# 2 rnds then 20# 2 rnd
1 arm row 30# right, left, right ,left
reverse lunge pass through alternating 20#
plank holds holding horns of kettlebell ( I used a medicine ball as it is easier on my wrists)

Today I did Cathe Live, PHA the first one, but modified it a little to get a better workout for myself. I added in Front Squats to a shoulder press at the end of each circuit and change a few exercises. The AB work at the end it awesome but boy am I going to feel it tomorrow. Workout was an hour and 10 minutes with the stretch and I burned 619 calories. Cathe forgets two exercises in the first round so we end up doing four rounds instead of three! I did add the two she forgot in the first round because I had it written down already.

Squat to shoulder press- 12's x 21 ( 4 rounds of this circuit ) ( Cathe does plie squats )
Rear Delt Flies- 12's x 16
Side lunges, 2 on each side and alternating- 8's x 8 rounds
3 bicep curls to a shoulder press to 3 triceps ext. and down- 12's x 8 rounds
Curtsy lunges alt. off a 4 riser step- x 30 (cathe does static lunges )( more like a leg press )
2 alternating front raises to 2 two arm front raises to 2 alt. lateral raises to 2 double arm lat raises- x 5 rounds
Deadlifts DB- 20's x 12
Chest Press- 20's x 20 ( Cathe does pushups )
Front squat with elevated heels to a shoulder press- 15's x 20

At the end, 3 rounds of a killer AB circuit! Wow.

Debbie, great job on the workout today, I almost did that one myself. Try this workout, I think you might like it and I know you will like the ABS at the end. I didn't do the plank work i did more lower ab exercises.

Doreen, I hate when they take too long of breaks or too many, it is hard to keep your heart rate up! Good job anyway!

Diane Sue, Nice workout today. I am starting to really like the K Bell workouts they are kinda fun!

I will be back later to check in on the other ladies and their posts.

Have a great day!

Good Evening,

Following the Raw rotation but I had to do the dvd because I can’t get the Raw channel to work since yesterday when it was down. Today was Stepboxing the original workout #2.

I am back for personals. I moved to the administration building for my job and not sure if I can post workouts from work anymore. I will try to do it before I leave for work but I'm always running late due to my workouts. If I can't post in the mornings I will post in the evenings. That's why I couldn't do personals this morning.

Diane - Animals are weird, I don't get why they eat weird stuff like rubber. My other cat eats frayed strings from wherever he can find them. It's ridiculous and then he has a hard time pooping. Dumb animals!! I wonder how many people are actually doing Kelly's summer rotation? I haven't followed a rotation since I finished LIIFT4 from Beach Body. I remember when I couldn't workout without a rotation, now I just do what I want. Funny how we change. Great job on your workouts!

Roxie - I've zip lined a few times but nothing major. I find zip lining a bit scary! Glad you had fun!!

Belinda - WOW! Only 5 more workouts! That sure went quick! Nice job today!

Doreen - LOL working out at a park, I couldn't even imagine doing that. I'd be too afraid someone would see me!!!

Jolie - That looks like a good one that you did today. I might try it next week. I want to do the leg workout I previewed on Wednesday so I don't want to work legs again. I like those PHA workouts, though. Nice job on it! I like the ab work that was in the workout I did this morning, very doable for me and it fries my abs. I'm sorry your DH and son were fighting this weekend, that sucks. Always upsetting when that happens.

Roselyn - Nice job on your workout. Good luck to your team!!!

DOZ - Where are you girl? Don't lose your groove, you are doing great!!!

Hey guys :)

This morning, I did Cardio Coach press play and MIS abs. I’m tired, from all that driving, check in tomorrow.

Debbie- I ain’t going nowhere, thanks :)

I had my daughter and grandchildren here today. When they left I went to the grocery store and came back to get a couple of things done before my husband got home. The next two days I have my 8 year old grandson here:)

Debbie, great workout today. It is definitely not cool in the evenings here. I just feel like a huge sweat ball all of the time with all of the humidity here. I think they said something about a 90 degree day coming up. Finally we have a new month that is spelled right:p That bugged me every time I looked at it. I go through times where I feel motivated to do a rotation, but most of the time I just like choosing what I feel like doing and mixing up instructors. Using just one instructor for weeks on end finds me hoping for the end to get here. There seems to be a group of the ladies doing Kelly's challenge. I didn't see what she has for tomorrow for either dvd or raw workout. I hope the move to the administration building was good for you. The only thing I have problem with my dog eating is playdoh. I am glad she doesn't pick up things. My other dog used to grab socks and those little ty babies and mouth them to death and bury them in her crate.

Doreen, nice work. I don't enjoy when the instructors spend too much time talking. I guess that is what they are supposed to do is instruct though. I would rather they do it at the start and then do the workout. Who wants to repeat that workout and listen to the same instruction over and over? Sorry you are having to find a way to get outside to workout.

Jolie, good workout. I have done that one. It is funny how they mess up sometimes when doing live workouts. Kelly has done that too. Then she will add some extra on to make up for that body part. I really like kettlebell workouts. They are low impact and done right, I don't feel it in my knees or back. Kelly puts them in in some of her weight work on her first Real Raw workout. I liked that I could pull out my heavier kettle bells and put them to use :)

Roxie, I have had a few times where I had the VHX channel not work. One time I did one workout and when I went to pull up a second one it would not let me. I went out and came back and finally gave up and used a dvd. Later it started working. I think one time I unplugged my Roku and plugged it back in to reboot it or something. I have to do that once in awhile with my blu-ray player. But, I understand because I have had those times where I could not get on. What are you using to watch Raw?

Doz, get some rest. I am tired too, but mine is allergies and lack of sleep. I just keep pushing on to keep up.

Good morning,

D76 Cardio Flow is done. The workout was 10 exercises, 4 reps,10 rounds. 4 more day's to go!

Debbie - great job yesterday. I am almost done with 80Day. I guess, I could have started a new thread yesterday, lol. I try to remember next month, lol.

Jolie - great job yesterday. That is weird Cathe forgot 2 exercise. Good job adding those to your workout.

Have a great day and workout.

Today I did LITE Bodyweight and Bands through the band section but when she started pushups I switched to Rev'd Up Rumble because I did a ton of pushups yesterday.

I need to get ready for work so I may check back in later for personals - good work everyone!

WOW, want to do a kick but Cathe Live Total Body workout? Well I have the one for you!!!! Lower Body, Upper Body DB Challenge, workout number 220 will kill you, in a good way. :) I changed a few exercises because of my foot and toe, ( cant do lunges like Cathe ) and I added a little bit of cardio in between sets to burn more calories. I am dead and drenched! Tomorrow is my rest day so I went for it today. Workout was long for Cathe, 1 hour and 10 minutes, I had to pause a few times and I burned 644 calories. Average heart rate was 126 and max was 180! I changed the rep pattern because I lifted lighter today because I am sore from yesterday. I did do more reps than Cathe due to the weight change. 2 rounds of each Giant Set

Squats- 15's x 25, x 25
Deadlifts- 15's x 20, x 20
Front Squats, heels elevated- 15# x 20, x 20
Alt. rear lunges off a 4 riser step- 8's x 24, x 24

Skiers up and over a 4 riser step- BW x 30, x 30 ( I put step exercises in to raise my heart rate and calorie burn)
Side to Side Lunges- 10's x 24, x 24
Jump rope to squat- BW x 24, x 24
Cross Back Lunges off a 3 riser step- BW x 30, x 30

Upright Rows- 12's x 20, x 20
Seated Shoulder Press- 15's x 20, x 20
Lateral Raise to front raise- 8,s x multi pattern, x same
Cardio on step, up and over touch downs? x 24, x 24

Bicep Curls- 15's x 20, x 20
Sweeper Curls- 15's x 16, x 16
Crazy Eights- 10's x 24, x 24

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 16
Rear Flies- 10's x 16, x 16

Lying Triceps ext.- 12's x 20, x 20
Kickbacks- 8's x 20, x 20
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 20, x 20

Chest Press- 20's x 20, x 20
Chest Flies- Legs in and out- 12's x 20, x 20

ABS-
Bicycles x 50, x 40
Leg lifts- x 20, x 20
Crunches x 40, x 30

I am dead :)

Debbie, I hope you have a great workout today, bummer you have to check in later in the day. I will be checking in to read your posts!

Belinda, great job getting cardio flow done today! What are you going to be doing after your rotation is finished? Yvette and Cathe Live? :)

DOZ, great job in getting the workout in, you are doing great and I know you will stick with it :) life just sometimes gets in the way.

Roxie, good job on the RAW workout.

Doreen, I hate pushups, the hurt my shoulder :( so i sub to Chest Press instead.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

Diane Sue, I will come back later to read your post. I am going to go to the Vitamin Shoppe today to get some unflavored protein for my coffee, i love to put scoop in my ice coffee, it is great. I will probably pick up some BCAA and some electrolytes.

Have a great day.

Julie - I do want to do some of Yvette's, Cathe and other instructors workouts on youtube. Maybe I will do them all at once. Not sure, what DH wants to do? We workout together every day. I probably will not follow a rotation? We also plan a short vacation after I am done with 80Day. I end up doing something, not sure what yet? Your workout looks amazing. Great job!

Great job everyone! Keep up the good work.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Thirty Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing, 54 minutes, average heart rate 135, max 160, 341 calories. I forgot how much I like this one. No weights involved. I did wear weighted gloves though. I then did the bonus core/abs from the same dvd, 14 minutes, heart rate average 116, max 149, 302 steps, 53 calories. She does some boxing mixed with abs standing for this one then to the floor. I used 1.5 lb weighted gloves. I finished off with Cathe Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 35 calories, 29 steps. I forgot to start my Fit Bit at first so I do not have the steps for that one. Workout was 81 minutes, 429 calories, and steps till end of workout was 5,906.

Belinda, 4 more days !! ;)

Doreen, using part of Body Weight and Bands is much better as an add on. I skipped the floor portion the last time I did it, but used the calorie crush. I try not to overwork my shoulders. That is why I did not do that portion of the weight workout yesterday. Also, I needed to get done before my daughter came over.

Jolie, great workout!! That was a really long one. I was trying to do the plain protein powder in my coffee, but decided it messed up my coffee with just cream and I would rather just add some to water and drink it. I don't like sweet coffee so even some of Dr Axe flavors of multi collagen are sweet. So, I buy them and mix with water and ice. I have been using the cucumber lime multi collagen in my workout drink with an effervescent Amazing grass tablet and lots of water and ice.

Hey everyone :)

This morning, I did a slow steady run and STS chest shoulders biceps. Next 4weeks I need to really go hard, I promised myself when I lose these dang gone 10 lbs, that I will never pick them again, so freaking frustrating to loseo_O:cool: this is my lasts week of STS 1; with know results that I can see, MUST MUST MUST Do Better.

Nephew home going service was truly beautiful, just wish we could had stayed an x day. I drove up and back, got caught in traffic which was rough; delayed 2 hours. But, I’m glad to be home.

Nice work everyone,

I had all intentions of posting my workouts this morning, but got busy at work. Sorry! And I think I sort of posted in error yesterday about me not being able to post in the morning. After this week I will be able too since I'll be on summer break. But I am now at the administrative office and I have to watch what I do online. So for the rest of this week I will probably be posting later.

Also, for some reason MyFitnessPal isn't syncing my workouts for some reason today. Anyone else having this issue?

Anyways...

This morning I did a console workout on my Max Trainer called "Stairs". Wow, what a workout. Only 15 minutes, but it about killed me. It had 4 blocks of intensity starting low and then slowly getting harder and harder. By the 4th block I was about not moving. LOL!! Pretty fun workout, I liked it.

Since it was only 15 minutes, I also did Cathe's Live In the Ring #243. Love that one. I stopped when she got to the high intensity stuff because I ran out of time.

MT workout was 19 minutes, I burned 162 calories, went .48 miles and did 1061 steps. HR was 132/162.

In the Ring was 30 minutes, I burned 226 calories and did 2820 steps. HR was 141/192.

DOZ - Glad you are still with us! Nice job on your workouts!! Woo hoo!! You will lose that 10 lbs. and keep it off, I can see you have determination!!

Diane - It is finally in the 70's here this afternoon, it's very nice right now with no humidity. It was 48 this morning and places south of us seen frost. WTH? Weird. Nice job with your workout today!! I like that Kickboxing one, too. I wish Kelly would do one on her RAW channel.

Belinda - Only 4 more to go! Are you getting tired of this rotation? Nice job getting it done!!

Doreen - Good job with your workout. I hate pushups but I do them anyways! LOL!!

Jolie - That sounds like a good one, I will do it maybe next week. I need to sit and look at each live workout to see what others are out there, I just don't have time to sit and preview them. I'm glad you are doing them sometimes, too, that way I know what is good and what isn't! Nice job!

Roxie - Nice job with your Kelly workout yesterday. I hope you can get the RAW channel working, I wonder what was wrong? I had some problems getting Cathe live working today but eventually it worked.

Roselyn - Nice job!!! How is school going?

Good morning,

D77 Legs is done.

Debbie - thank you. No, I am not getting tired yet :) I will do the program again. The only problem I have, she talks a lot during Phase 3. I mean a lot:confused: Wished she talk less and keep the workouts moving. Too many breaks, IMO! While she talked/ takes breaks, DH and I doing standing abs in between. I will write down all the exercises and do the program on paper. I think I could cut down 15-20 min easy. Plus, I could play my own music. I really enjoyed the program a lot. Got great results from it. Now I have to figure out what I will do next. Great job yesterday.

I will be back after my walk. BBL!

This morning I woke up with a really bad headache due to my allergies or this cold thing I have. But, I had my workout room all set up to do Leg Block Party so I did it and it was a blast!! Cardio was a bit intense with the high impact, but I followed along as best as I could. My knees were hurting in the beginning but as the workout went on they felt pretty good.

Cathe Live Leg Block Party #250
Cardio is done one time through and weight portion is done two times through for each block

BLOCK 1
Cardio for 3 minutes
Side Squats off Step: 12's - 16/12 reps
Static Lunges: 12's - 16/12 reps
Barbell Wide Stance Squats: 30#
Side to Side Pickup Lunges: 10's - 10/8 reps

BLOCK 2
Cardio for 3 minutes
Barbell Plie Squats: 30#
Marching Sumos: 12# (killer)
Push Dips: 10's - 12 reps

BLOCK 3
Cardio for 3 minutes
Barbell Deads: 30# - 12 reps
Diagonal Lunges: 10's - 12/10 reps
Barbell Wide Deads: 30#
Step Ups on High Step: 10's - 12/10 reps

Killer workouts, I was soaked when I got done. Very fun workout, I will definitely do it again.

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 399 calories, HR was 131/168 and did 3301 steps.

Belinda - So glad you like that series, that is great. I hate when instructors talk so much, that is really annoying!!! Nice job on your workout!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Last edited:
This morning I did a Sydney Cummings 50 Minute Full body Bootcamp on Youtube. It wasn't really a bootcamp as there was not cardio - but everybody has a different definition of bootcamp. It was set up in couplets with two exercises done alternating 3 times then a new couplet. I really liked it . I like that you can use heavy weights with her workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.