Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Good Evening,

I did Cathe’s Lite Metobolic Blast TS#3 Standing, I didn’t really want to workout but the DD’s were giving me grief. GS is done with baseball they lost in the first round of tournament play.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing. I really love this workout, I know it better now and can really get into it. So much fun, this one has a great ab workout in it as well.

Workout was 62 minutes, burned 453 calories and did 5186 steps. HR was 136/197.

Diane - I know what you mean about our devices not working right sometimes. Today Cathe's workout kept freezing on me again, I'm not sure if its our wifi or her website. I think a teeth cleaning should only take about 30 minutes. I feel like she's scraping all my enamel off my teeth! Yikes! Nice job getting your workout in yesterday.

Roselyn - Weird how that is only 5 workouts for one week. Are they good? Like BB?

Roxie - Nice job with your workout!

Have a great day everyone, going to Amish country with my cousins!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Shape Up cardio only mix, 32 minutes, 217 calories, met 8.3, 2,428 steps, heart rate 143 average, 176 max. That one is a tough one, each movement is done tabata style 8 rounds 20 on 10 off. Those box jumps were tough. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Bands and Barre 36 minutes, heart rate 104 average, 146 max, met 5.5, 139 calories, 915 steps. Total time was 68 minutes, 356 calories, 3,343 steps.

Roxie, nice work getting the workout in even though you were not really wanting to do it.

Debbie, have fun in the Amish community. My parents used to go visit them often and bring back things. I read some books recently that took place in an Amish community. I learned a lot more about the people and their faith and way of living than I ever knew. Interesting. I agree, teeth cleanings should not take that long. If I notice them scraping and digging around in one area, I pay extra close attention to that area when I get home to be sure they don't feel the need to do it next time. I have had the same dentist and hygenist since my children were small and the older two are in their 40's.

Good morning,

I went to the gym I went to the gym today. I did another full body workouts .

12,l 10, 8, 10,12 reps each exercise:
Leg press ( in, our, in)
Dead lifts

Outer thighs
SS with
Kick backs on the bully machine

Reverse lunges

Cable triceps press down

Biceps curl w/ sweeper curl

Shoulder on the cable machine

I did forgot to work my chest and back. I was too busy chatting with a lady in the gym. She seas German. I will work my chest and back

Today a year ago Brawler passed away . Feeling sad today

Belinda- hugs for today. Anniversaries are hard.

This morning I did LITE PHA plus Pyramid pump back. Nothing too exciting there to report.

Back from my afternoon with grandchildren and daughter. We went for an hour swim.

Belinda, I bet that was nice to find someone that speaks German in the gym. Two things, fitness and your home language :)

Doreen, nice work. Even if it seems like it is not exciting, it still is effective :)

Good Evening,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Band & Barre tonight but skipped the lunges tweaked my bad knee at work. My DD’s wouldn’t let me skip again.

Debbie-thank you

Diane Sue- I am liking Kelly pick out my workouts

• Wow
Hey everyone :p

Yesterday’s workout I did STS Strength Legs.

Today, Cardio Coach #8. Enjoy your day, its’ going to be another hot one. I broke down yesterday and turned on my Air.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Kettle bell and Kickbox, 31 minutes, heart rate 129 average, 161 max, met 7.2, 189 calories, 1,658 steps followed by Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning Volume 2 mix double rounds + core stretch, 35 minutes, heart rate average 115, max 144, 1010 steps met 7.0, 185 calories. Total time was 66 minutes, 2,668 steps, 374 calories. I have my grandson here and we are going to run errands today. Not sure about a workout tomorrow. My husband and I have to leave early for an appointment a 7 in the morning. The Raw workout will be perfect 10 which is all non weighted work. I may make it up Saturday.

Roxie, I like having the workouts picked out by Kelly too. It sure helps since this is a very busy summer. I can't stand here for half an hour trying to decide what to do. She has such a nice variety of work.

Doz, nice work on STS legs and getting cardio coach today. I have been running the daylights out of my air conditioner lately. Just so exhausting sitting around pouring sweat. Generally I have been better at waiting till it gets in the 90s and taking the air down to around 82. Just haven't been able to deal with it this year.

Checking in to give you all an update on my condition. After hurting myself on Tuesday, I went do really fast. I couldn't walk, lay down, sit or basically move at all. I have never been in this type of acute pain in my entire life except when I was in labor having a baby. My husband had to get me to the Chiropractor yesterday, I couldn't get into the car without screaming, I couldn't get out of the car without crying and I couldn't walk into the office. My doctor had to come out and get me. I screamed getting onto the table but I actually did it and he did his work for an hour. My entire back was screwed up because of me moving and lifting all of those boxes and the jump off my balcony to save my dog did a real number on my back. The reason why I am having so much pain is I have pinched Sciatic nerve! I am standing so crooked it is amazing and I have a spasm as well so that is pulling my muscles. I am walking a little better today but I have severe pain in my left glute and thigh. I have an emergency medication for Sciatic nerve pain to take but I am scared to because I hate taking anything like that , though it is a very low dose. Do any of you know anything about Prednisone? I don't think I have a choice, I can barely move. This medication is like a steroid and hopefully will take the inflammation away to then relieve the nerve pain. I cant even sit on the toilet without screaming, and then I cant get up by myself! I feel about 30% better today but I feel like my leg is jammed up into my hip. My doctor said I have to be patient, I think I might have to go back again in a few days. I do not know when I will be back to everyday life, I have to take this one day at a time. He thinks that doing any time of twisting AB work put me over the edge the other day. He also said that working out is not the issue, it just so happened to be what I was doing when my body broke down.

Well, this is very disappointing but I feel optimistic that I will work through it, I am not sure how long it will take. If any of you know what I could do to get some relief, i would love to hear what you have to say. I found some stretches on YouTube, so I do those while laying in my bed. They helped a little. I think until the spasm goes away, i am screwed! You all are doing so well with your workouts, keep up the good work.

Have a nice day.

• Wow
Today I did Body Beast: Build - Back & Biceps. Had a great workout. This is a killer workout, and I am still sore from the other workouts I've done this week. My neck and upper back are really tight, I've been using my tennis ball on it and it feels good while I'm doing it, then it gets all tight again. I need to do a stretch workout, maybe I will do that tomorrow after shoulders.

This is what I did:

Deadlifts: 15's/17.5's/25's/15's - 15/12/8/8

Superset
Pullovers: 15#/25#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8
Pull Ups: w/assisted band - 3 sets/10 reps

Giant Set
Barbell Row: 25#/30#/35# - 15/12/8
One Arm Row: 17.5#/22.5#/25# - 15/12/8
Reverse Fly: 8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8

Close Grip Chins: w/assisted bands - 30 seconds 3 sets - 10/8/9 reps

Seated Bicep Curl: 10's/12.5's/17.5's/12's - 15/12/5/8

1,1, 2 Hammer Curl: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 (Love this exercise, it kills)

Barbell Curls: 20#/25#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8

Airplane Cobra: Skipped

Back and bi's were like rubber bands. Great workout, love this series.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 449 calories, did 928 steps and HR was 155/201.

Got on my Max T and did a workout called Max 10 minute Peak Burn with Amy Dixon. Loved it, this one has 10 - 10 second intervals with 50 seconds rest alternating from 4% to 6% resistance. This was hard and fun all at the same time. Love this machine.

Workout was a total of 14 minutes, burned 108 calories, went .34 miles and did 855 steps. HR was 140/162.

Diane - Nice job with Shape Up cardio, I don't think I have that one and great job today as well. Did you preorder her new workouts? Unfortunately the Amish country we go to is now all commercial and not in the least Amish anymore. When we used to go down there with my parents all you seen were Amish people working the shops, etc. Now you don't. It's sad. I knew when a McDonald's was built there that that was the end. With all the great Amish food places they build a McDonald's. Really? There are still Amish villages, but not like it used to be. I still like going because there are good markets and shopping there so we still have fun. But the traffic, oh lord, insane!!

Belinda - Nice going with your workout. That is total dedication to workout on your vacation. I have never done that. You are da bomb girl!! :( about Brawler. One year already, so sad. Our Bear was one year at Christmas time. I still really miss that little booger.

Doreen - Great job on your workout!!

Roxie - You are doing great, I'm glad you and your DD's are doing this challenge!!

DOZ - Nice job on your workouts, I sure miss doing CC's. It is hot, isn't it? I knew it would go from 50 to 90 in a matter of hours. LOL!!

Jolie - OMG!!! Holy crap, I am so sorry to hear all this. Prednisone is ok to take, I've been on it several times for different things in the past. It is a steroid, but if you take it as prescribed you will be fine. It will definitely help with what you are experiencing. Ice also helps with sciatica. Do NOT HEAT! You will inflame it even more. Ice it for sure. Prayers coming your way, I feel so bad for you. I've been there, that kind of back pain is HORRIBLE. Did he make sure your hips aren't jammed or out of place?

Have a great day everyone!

Jolie, that is terrible. My heart goes out to you. I also have had doctor's give me prednisone several times and it is generally just short term and really does help. I would be gentle with any stretching so as to not aggravate the inflammation. I just took the book back to the library that I was using that had stuff to do for back neck and shoulder pain, start and later to relieve pain. It is by Robin Mckenzie. Lots of good material except the fact he thinks we were better off as quadripeds. I was going to buy the book, but then when I read that I decided he wasn't that bright. Debbie is right, don't heat as it will increase circulation and stir up the inflammation.

Debbie, great workout today. I work every day to try to avoid that tightness and pain in the neck and shoulders. I aggravated mine some today on the Athletic Conditioning 2 as Kelly does a bear crawl row and flip over lifting the dumbbell up. It really aggravated my neck and shoulders. I grabbed lighter weight on the second round. Then there was turkish sit ups with the kettlebell in the Kettlebell Kickbox workout. I was just feeling pretty good in that area. Rest may be a good thing tomorrow.

Checking in again, I took the Prednisone, 20MG tablet this morning and then at night for 5 days, then one a day for 5 days. It has made a tremendous difference. I can walk so much better and I am sitting without screaming and I can also get back up too! I am still in a lot of pain but it is now tolerable. I also did stretches that I have used in the past and those are helping as well. Now I am going to ice again and hopefully every day I will be getting better and better. Damn, this happened to me two years ago on the exact same week!!! Remember, that is when I started walking a lot. I remember I had to go to the Chiro on the 4th of July with the exact same thing. :( My new TM motor should be in the next week or so, I am excited to get it working again so I can ease back into working out. Debbie, and Diane Sue, thanks for advising me to take the meds, I didn't want to but now I am sure glad I did. :)

Good Evening,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Kettlebell Kickbox after work today this is one of my favorites except for the electrical issues she had an not doing one side.

Jolie-that sounds bad

Debbie-good job today

Diane Sue-I don’t think I have ever done tomorrow’s workout

Good evening,

DH and I walked for over an hour this morning.

Debbie - thank you! I shouldn’t work out, but I feel guilty for sitting on my butt all day,. I get lots of rest. Good job with your workouts. Yeah, I know what you mean. I miss my little bugger too. I can’t believe it’s already a year too Bear.

Jolie - my prayers are with you. So sorry to hear.

It’s really hard typing on my phone. Sorry for being so shy.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night!

Today I did Body Beast: Build - Shoulders. Love this shoulder workout, it is brutal.

This is what I did today:

Single Set
Shoulder Press: 10's/12's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Lateral Raise: 7.5's/10's/12.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Upright Rows: 15#/20#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Giant Set
Underhand Press: 15#/20#/25# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps (Killer!)
Rear Delt Raise: 8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps

Super Set
Standing Dumbbell Shrug: 12's/15's/25's/15's -15/12/8/8 reps
Dumbbell Scap Trap: 10's/12's/15's (I did Hip Huggers)

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way: 3's/5's -12/8 reps
Tuck& Roll: 15/15 reps

Wow, great workout. Workout was 41 minutes, burned 310 calories, did 1380 steps and HR was 140/189.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked a little. Did that for 30 minutes, burned 186 calories, went 1.5 miles and did 3568 steps. HR was 111/124.

And I also did Kelly's RAW Stretch, I really needed that. I am so sore all over.

Diane - I know what you mean, there are just some exercises I don't do anymore. Sagi's Scap Trap is one of them, that would really do a number on my upper back. It's good that we know our bodies and can adjust to what we need. I hope your neck and shoulders are ok today, I still have tightness in my upper right side. I need to work that out this weekend. Have a great workout today!

Jolie - I hope each day you are better and better. That is terrible to go through. When my back went out years ago the pain was so bad I would pass out. So I know what you are going through, it is not fun. Hugs girl.

Roxie - Nice job on your workout!

Belinda - You of all people should not feel guilty for not working out!!! You need a break once in a while. Glad to hear you and DH are enjoying yourselves! That is great!!

Have a great weekend everyone! I am looking forward to two rest days!!

Jolie- wow - hope you feel better and soon! Sounds horribly painful!

Last night I did Yvette kickboxing on youtube and this morning I did a Sydney Cummings 50 minute full body strength workout.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Good morning,

I also did Sydney Cummings 50 minute full body strength workout.

Debbie- thank you! Amazing job on your work out this morning.

Dorren- Looks like we did the same workout this morning. I liked it.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Feeling a bit better today, though finding a comfortable sleep position is brutal! I got up and could walk down the stairs with both feet instead of just using one leg to step down on the steps. IT is my left leg and glute that is the issue. I actually got my shoes on instead of flip flops and took my dog for a 1 mile walk! I burned 200 calories because of the hill. I was told to walk if possible it is good for the circulation. The worst thing I can do is sit, I get so stiff I cant stand up. I ordered a Sciatic relief belt on Amazon last night and everyone who reviewed the product says it does wonders for the nerve pain, I cant wait to get it tomorrow. Baby steps and I should be back in no time! I made an appointment for next Tuesday with the Chiropractor to have a check up and to see if my leg is out of alignment, it sure feels like it. Though, it may just be the nerve pain. Also, my son is coming home that day for the 4th of July from college, his last quick break till Christmas, football season starts full force. He wont be playing again this year because he couldn't put on the weight, though he is a better player than most of the starters. Until he weighs 270 pounds he cant play because they have to go up against players 300 pounds and more! I tell him to be patient, he is only 18 going into his second year of college, much to young I know, and his testosterone is just now kicking in. He now weights 250 pounds. I hope to be feeling better before the holiday.

Debbie, I am going to have my leg looked at, I wanted to when I was there but he just didn't have anymore time to work on me because his other patients were waiting. Great job on the lift today, awesome workout. I might go back to lifting one body part a day and adding in cardio too. I am looking for something new to do after this month. Treadmill should be fixed in a week or so, I cant wait to walk on an incline, I get great results with that type of workout. I have been lifting a lot of weights for legs and they are firm, but getting too big! I now have tight pants and I hate that. I want to run, walk and spin maybe instead of all the leg work I have been doing lately.

Belinda, great job on the workout today! I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Doreen, wow what a workout! Great job!

Roxie, nice workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, i will be back later to read your post.

Roselyn, i hope you are doing well and how is your hip?

Enjoy the day, I am just so happy i can move around today.

Evening :)

Today’s workout, was amazing I did STS Legs strength, I turned it into a total body work, I’m feeling accomplished. Tomorrow is my rest day I may go for a brief walk, depending on how early I wake. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.