GWF - $144.82 + 29.99 for display - Amazon

For the people that have already been using the GWF, do you feel that the display is nessesary? I'm trying to decide if I need both. Thanks for your input.
Wendy

For the people that have already been using the GWF, do you feel that the display is nessesary? I'm trying to decide if I need both. Thanks for your input.
Wendy

for me it is crucial. in fact, I resisted buying the whole thing for a long time because I was unaware of the existence of the display.

this is because I travel frequently and do not always have an internet access (other than blackberry which does not work with gwf as far as I know).

even when I am not on the road, it is useful because I can see the summary numbers faster and also without taking the device off from my arm.

Wendy

I used the display for about 3 weeks and after that I only use it to check my progress.

Actually I've had to take off the armband because when doing STS upper body it caused my left tricep to feel like it's been pulled or torn. I've stopped wearing it a couple of days and my arm feels better. I even tried loosening it and changing it's position but either sleeping on my side with it on or the upper body exercises irritated the arm.

Cynthia, thank you very much for that information and the phone number. I just called and will be receiving a refund of the difference in the price.

That is great Nancy!!

I hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I enjoy mine.:)

GWF Price just increased again

Usually a lurker, BUT I had to post this. I can't believe it, I put the GWF in my basket, walked away from my computer and in 20 minutes time the price went from 144. to 179!!!!!! I've been debating this purchase for weeks. Now I'm just downright mad! I can only imagine how those of you who did pay the 179.99 must feel when you see the price go down. I guess I'll have to wait til it goes on sale again. Jenn

Wendy

I barely use it all. I personally don't find I need the immediate feedback, I generally use it when I do a workout so I can see right away the calories I burned. But there are others, who find it's critical.

I bought early on in these threads, and paid 170+70, within a couple of weeks, I could have save $30 on the armband, the prices move every couple of days, I still wonder why. But for those looking to buy it, just keep an eye on it daily for a week or two, if the armband drops to the 140 range, that's a good price, and if the display is around $30 that's an awesome price, and I would recommend the display definitely at $30, but for the $70 I paid, it was not worth it for me.

Usually a lurker, BUT I had to post this. I can't believe it, I put the GWF in my basket, walked away from my computer and in 20 minutes time the price went from 144. to 179!!!!!! I've been debating this purchase for weeks. Now I'm just downright mad! I can only imagine how those of you who did pay the 179.99 must feel when you see the price go down. I guess I'll have to wait til it goes on sale again. Jenn

You are right, the darn thing went up in price again!
Keep watching, it will go down again.:mad::mad:

That really stinks that they won't leave the price alone.:mad: I actually had to go back and check how much I paid for mine since the price has jumped around so much I can't keep track.

Also, I was wanting some opinions on calories burned in a workout. Do you think the GWF is more accurate than a HRM? I wore both yesterday for my workout (STS M1 Disc 11, and CLX Burn Intervals) my GWF said I burned about 500 calories but my HRM showed 725. Which do you think is right? I think the calorie estimate is low with GWF (I've noticed with other workouts too.) Also, is there a way to adjust the activity level from moderate to vigorous? I did Imax 3 the other day (thought I was going to die before I finished;)) and my GWF said I only had 17 minutes of vigorous activity. I know it was more than that.

That really stinks that they won't leave the price alone.:mad: I actually had to go back and check how much I paid for mine since the price has jumped around so much I can't keep track.

Also, I was wanting some opinions on calories burned in a workout. Do you think the GWF is more accurate than a HRM? I wore both yesterday for my workout (STS M1 Disc 11, and CLX Burn Intervals) my GWF said I burned about 500 calories but my HRM showed 725. Which do you think is right? I think the calorie estimate is low with GWF (I've noticed with other workouts too.) Also, is there a way to adjust the activity level from moderate to vigorous? I did Imax 3 the other day (thought I was going to die before I finished;)) and my GWF said I only had 17 minutes of vigorous activity. I know it was more than that.

Jacque, I don't know if this will answer your question about the moderate/vigorous because I'm so new to this and still trying to figure things out, but I just found the Met settings under Preferences. You can change the level of what is considered moderate and vigorous by manually entering the number you want.

Thanks Nancy! I'll go check that out. Maybe it'll change the calorie expenditure in a workout when I adjust the MET level.

Thanks Nancy! I'll go check that out. Maybe it'll change the calorie expenditure in a workout when I adjust the MET level.

I'll have to keep an eye on that myself. I've only been wearing it since yesterday afternoon, so I haven't done a workout with it yet.

Nancy- before I bought the GWF I always wore a HRM for my workouts. I like to know how many calories I'm burning. I did a couple of workouts without the HRM just wearing the GWF. I noticed that my calorie expenditure was a lot lower with the GWF. So yesterday I wore both and was surprised a the difference in calories burned between the two. I hate to think that my HRM is showing that I'm burning that many calories when I'm not.:(

I changed the MET value for vigorous activity to 5 instead of 6. I'll see if this makes a difference at all. It was also discouraging to think I was working out hard and barely logging any vigorous activity.

Let us know how you like the GWF. I've really enjoyed mine (even though I've gotten lazy in logging my food) I may have to change over to the nutritional assessment instead of the daily logging.

My BodyBugg came fully programed. There is no place in the program to adjust the Met levels:confused: I'm not too concerned. I feel mine is right on target. It is measuring all my fitness activity 1 point for each hard working minute. It does not register every minute of my warm-ups.

I burned 526 calories doing Amy Bento's new CIA Kickbox Surge workout. That is one intense 60 minute workout!:cool: I was very pleased with my calorie burn by the end of the day-over 2700! That is a lot for me.
I noticed it registers lower calorie burn if I'm using my elliptical and weight training. I think higher impact burns more.
I don't think it is accounting for EPOC (Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption ), or the calories my body is using repairing my muscles. JMO!:)

Yep. Same thing happened to me only I held it longer to make sure it was okay to get it. It's back up again! I'm on hold again and waiting for it to go back down. When it does, there will be noooo hesitation this time! I've got the go ahead that our finances are back in order, so I WILL have mine!!!

Eventually . . .:(

Nancy- before I bought the GWF I always wore a HRM for my workouts. I like to know how many calories I'm burning. I did a couple of workouts without the HRM just wearing the GWF. I noticed that my calorie expenditure was a lot lower with the GWF. So yesterday I wore both and was surprised a the difference in calories burned between the two. I hate to think that my HRM is showing that I'm burning that many calories when I'm not.:(

I changed the MET value for vigorous activity to 5 instead of 6. I'll see if this makes a difference at all. It was also discouraging to think I was working out hard and barely logging any vigorous activity.

Let us know how you like the GWF. I've really enjoyed mine (even though I've gotten lazy in logging my food) I may have to change over to the nutritional assessment instead of the daily logging.

I just finished my first workout with the GWF and wore my HRM, as well (as I have always done). That graph is so cool! If I did it right (moving the sliders on the graph to the what I perceive as the start and end of the workout?) then the GWF and my HRM are within about 50 calories of each other, which I think is pretty close. Especially considering I may not have the graph starting and stopping at the same time as I did the HRM.

This is exactly what I was looking for as far as knowing how much more active I need to be in the day. Although I had a desk job before I retired, I now realize that I was a whole lot more mobile than I realized, as I'm finding that I'm now sitting way too much. This is going to spur me to do more walking. For example, I need to head to a couple of stores for a few things in a bit. They're easily carryable items, so I'm going to walk instead of take the car.

Oh, and I left the MET values at the default for this workout and I was in the vigorous range quite a bit (Cardio Coach). Maybe you're just in that much better shape than I am!

So I am wondering if they adjust the prices based upon the time of day and when most people do their shopping?

Do you think it is cheaper in the AM when most are getting the day started and then about lunchtime when we all take breaks and "surf the internet" they raise it?

Or am I just getting old and cranky at marketing ploys ?
:eek:

*raises hand and starts waving it wildly*

Excuse me girls, I have a question!!!!:)

I have been reading all of these GWF threads with great interest and I have some Birthday money to spend. The thing that sticks in my craw about it is this...

Are you expected to wear this gadget 24/7 in order to get maximum benefit from it, just during the hours you are awake or what?

Second question is....if you are supposed to wear this thing a lot, is it comfortable? Is it able to be easily hidden under clothes? I wear a snug 3/4 sleeve top to work so I am afraid of having some obvious bulge in my shirt, or not being able to fit it under my sleeve!

TIA!!! :D

Are you expected to wear this gadget 24/7 in order to get maximum benefit from it, just during the hours you are awake or what?

Second question is....if you are supposed to wear this thing a lot, is it comfortable? Is it able to be easily hidden under clothes? I wear a snug 3/4 sleeve top to work so I am afraid of having some obvious bulge in my shirt, or not being able to fit it under my sleeve!

TIA!!! :D

Yes, to get the most accurate reading you need to wear it 24/7 taking it off to shower and recharge.
It took me 2 weeks to get use to the armband. Initially, I noticed it on my arm, now I can't feel it at all.

It will not show under a 3/4 length sleeve. If someone notices it, the girls here have come up with some pretty funny explanations:D

I just finished my first workout with the GWF and wore my HRM, as well (as I have always done). That graph is so cool! If I did it right (moving the sliders on the graph to the what I perceive as the start and end of the workout?) then the GWF and my HRM are within about 50 calories of each other, which I think is pretty close. Especially considering I may not have the graph starting and stopping at the same time as I did the HRM.

This is exactly what I was looking for as far as knowing how much more active I need to be in the day. Although I had a desk job before I retired, I now realize that I was a whole lot more mobile than I realized, as I'm finding that I'm now sitting way too much. This is going to spur me to do more walking. For example, I need to head to a couple of stores for a few things in a bit. They're easily carryable items, so I'm going to walk instead of take the car.

Oh, and I left the MET values at the default for this workout and I was in the vigorous range quite a bit (Cardio Coach). Maybe you're just in that much better shape than I am!

Well changing the MET value didn't seem to help much. I did STS M1 Disc12 Legs today. My GWF says I burned 275 calories; my HRM says 475. When I enter the workout into the workout manager calender it tells you how many calories the workout is suppossed to burn. That number is always closer to my HRM so I think I'll go by that. Also, I only logged 1 minute of vigorous activity. :( I'll try it again when I do a cardio workout today. (Finally get to do Amy's new kickbox workout :)) Maybe the numbers will be more accurate with a cardio workout compared to a strength training as Cynthia had mentioned.

On another note; I finished Meso 1 :D. This is the first time I've actually stuck with a rotation for longer than 4 days :p. I looked forward to each STS workout. I hope I like Meso 2 just as much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.