GWF - $144.82 + 29.99 for display - Amazon

Well changing the MET value didn't seem to help much. I did STS M1 Disc12 Legs today. My GWF says I burned 275 calories; my HRM says 475. When I enter the workout into the workout manager calender it tells you how many calories the workout is suppossed to burn. That number is always closer to my HRM so I think I'll go by that. Also, I only logged 1 minute of vigorous activity. :( I'll try it again when I do a cardio workout today. (Finally get to do Amy's new kickbox workout :)) Maybe the numbers will be more accurate with a cardio workout compared to a strength training as Cynthia had mentioned.

On another note; I finished Meso 1 :D. This is the first time I've actually stuck with a rotation for longer than 4 days :p. I looked forward to each STS workout. I hope I like Meso 2 just as much.

Interesting. The WM calorie values for me are always waaaay higher than what my HRM says, especially on weight workouts. I got interrupted about halfway into M2W2D1 today and couldn't get back to it to finish. But I just uploaded my GWF info and in guestimating the time I started and was interrupted, and checking my HRM, they are very close. I wonder what is causing the dramatic difference between your readings and mine.

Congratulations on finishing M1! I didn't much care for Back & Biceps in week 1 of M2, but I liked it better the second time than I did the first time (6-mo rotation). The other two workouts of the first week I liked just fine. They're very different than M1, which I also like a lot. I'm liking the trisets and the backoff sets (I think that's what they're called).

*raises hand and starts waving it wildly*

Excuse me girls, I have a question!!!!:)

I have been reading all of these GWF threads with great interest and I have some Birthday money to spend. The thing that sticks in my craw about it is this...

Are you expected to wear this gadget 24/7 in order to get maximum benefit from it, just during the hours you are awake or what?

Second question is....if you are supposed to wear this thing a lot, is it comfortable? Is it able to be easily hidden under clothes? I wear a snug 3/4 sleeve top to work so I am afraid of having some obvious bulge in my shirt, or not being able to fit it under my sleeve!

TIA!!! :D

I've only had mine since Thursday afternoon. I am used to wearing it already and most of the time forget it is there. The only thing that is bothering me right now is the peeling sunburn underneath it that is itchy (can't believe I let myself get that burned!). I'm not sure about the bulge under your sleeve. It would be covered with a 3/4-length sleeve, but if the sleeve is snug you may very well have a bulge. It's not a thick piece of equipment, but it's not flat, either.

For the people that have already been using the GWF, do you feel that the display is nessesary? I'm trying to decide if I need both. Thanks for your input.
Wendy

I didn't want to answer this before since I just got mine. But with my vast experience of 48 hours thought I would chime in. :rolleyes:

I have only worn the display the first afternoon I had it, but have not bothered with it since Thursday. I upload the info to the computer a couple of times a day to check in with things. I can, however, see where I'll likely wear the display when I'm out of town and don't have access to a computer.

I actually LOVE the display and I've worn GWF for all of 3 days! I like the continual reinforcement that the display provides (steps, calorie burn, goals met, etc)

As an example, yesterday morning I did Step Blast doing only 1 challenge and 0 blasts so I'd had a pretty decent workout. (I cut it short as I was running late to see Star Trek) Well, after dinner last night I was around 1500 steps shy of my goal of 10,000 steps so I went for a 2 mile walk. I NEVER would have done that if I didn't have the display to show me where I stood in relation to my target goal. I ended up the day taking apprx. 12,500 steps and burning 2850 calories! :D

I think having the steady encouragement every day during the day to move more, move faster makes the display so important. I would absolutely say "Buy it!" JMO.

I actually LOVE the display and I've worn GWF for all of 3 days! I like the continual reinforcement that the display provides (steps, calorie burn, goals met, etc)

As an example, yesterday morning I did Step Blast doing only 1 challenge and 0 blasts so I'd had a pretty decent workout. (I cut it short as I was running late to see Star Trek) Well, after dinner last night I was around 1500 steps shy of my goal of 10,000 steps so I went for a 2 mile walk. I NEVER would have done that if I didn't have the display to show me where I stood in relation to my target goal. I ended up the day taking apprx. 12,500 steps and burning 2850 calories! :D

I think having the steady encouragement every day during the day to move more, move faster makes the display so important. I would absolutely say "Buy it!" JMO.

Me too! I love the display for this very reason. I'm amazed at how many steps you can get in with a step workout. I never have any problems reaching my goal of 10,000 steps on the days I do one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.