Getting Our Licks In!

Rest day today. One of my grandson's (Cody 14) and our daughter (Monique) is here for the night. Cody, Rolly and I went walking for an hour. Wonderful weather, it was great talking and company. He's such a bright boy. Very proud of him. We all are going to the Shelton fair tomorrow, then they will be going home. Played Trivia tonight. I'm so dumb! I don't think I like that game, can't seem to get any answers I know. Loved the company though.:D

Janie

Back from the roadtrip. Had a great time but was so tired when I got home yesterday afternoon (took a 3 hour nap!). The roadtrip schedule is jammed packed with activities and not so much time for sleeping. The schedule consisted of
Friday: Step and cardio core class, dinner/social time and a stretch class
Saturday: Step and lower body blast, spinning, bootcamp, yoga, lunch/social time/feelfitwear fashion show, low impact and core, a couple hours break time, dinner, 15 minutes of fame, and zumba.
Sunday: HIIT/double wave style, upper body, and core, and then brunch.

I participated in everything except the Zumba dance party Saturday night, which started about 30 minutes late. I opted for going back to the hotel and getting some sleep because I needed it. I was still dragging butt on Sunday morning. Cathe had us doing some of the exercises from her new workouts and she seemed majorly into core and leg work this year. My abs and inner thighs can certainly testify to that today.

The awe of the first year was gone and I felt more relaxed as a return roadtripper this year. Met alot of really wonderful women and enjoyed spending time sharing a common love and enthusiasm for Cathe with them. I honestly don't know how Cathe and her crew managed to do two roadtrips in one month. They are truly amazing.

Took part of the day off to rest a little more and worked the rest of the day. Still feeling the glow of the roadtrip.
~michelle

Joey and I did TBS, abs and stretches.

Michelle, I can imagine the workoad Cathe handed out to take a 3 hour nap. LOL:D You did great! I wouldn't expect any other way. Poor thing, you must be exhausted. You looked like you had a wonderful time. Wished I could have been there with you. How exciting to do some exercises from the new DVD's. You are soooo lucky.

Get some good rest.

Janie

Early morning today to get to Quantico for an early meeting. It was good walkabout weather though for Ripken and me. Going to try to get a stretch in this evening. I see that Cathe has posted an August rotation. Going to check it out.
Michelle

Rolly and I went walking for about 30 min. today. Worked hard today and did a money necklace, earrings and bracelet. I'll finish it up tomorrow with a ring (if the mail person gets here for some wire I ordered). Also did a crochet necklace that used 144 paper beads. (yeah, I know). I need to think of another fun game to get new members. Any ideas?

Michelle, Great job on the walk with Ripken. Glad the weather was good for you both. The Aug. rotation looks so cool.:cool:

Have a good one,

Janie

BAck to exercise today after taking a couple days off to recuperate from the roadtrip. Ripken and I did a medium walk this morning. It was trying to rain through our whole walk, but fortunately held off until we were well done with being outside. Did 4DS Low Intensity Step, cardio only premix. Taking a few days of lower impact activity before I start the August rotation this weekend.

Not alot going on, just the regular work and home routine. Sometimes it is nice to be boring.
Hope everyone is doing well.
~michelle

Winkle, our black and white Norwegian Forest Cat was having a hard time peeing, so I took him in to the vet. Before we did though, Joe and I thought that if this is a spiral downhill for our diabetic kitty, then we would have him put down. Got there, and it was exactly what Joey and I thought. I made the decision to put him down, only because I didn't want him to suffer any more. He would never have been better and only sick here on out.
397960749.jpg

I can't seem to stop crying sorry guys.

Janie

Last edited:
Hey there! Been busy getting back into the routine after the weekend at the hot springs! Monday was Pilates & boot camp, Tuesday beginner Pilates, today KJP & Total Tone.

Michelle: welcome home! I can't believe that schedule!! Holy cow I guess I don't really need to be concerned with over training, thats craziness! I am jealous though...

Janey, I am so sorry about your beautiful kitty! It's so sad when we lose a beloved companion! ((((hugs))))) to you & Joey!

Janie, Janie, Janie.

My deepest and heartfelt sympathy to you. Its the hardest thing in the world to put a beloved pet down. I hope this link works: The Rainbow Bridge

I have become a true lurker. I haven't posted for some time. Please forgive me but I try to peak in every once in a while.

Take care my friend.

~Renee~

Janie: so sorry to hear about your loss. You just go ahead and cry until you can't anymore. (((((HUGS))))) to you. Ripken sends a big furry (((HUG))) too.

Ripken and I were able to get in a long walk this morning. I was a little concerned it was going to be too warm/muggy, but I've got to hand it to my pup, he held up really well. Maybe he is just getting used to this weather. All week I've been dying for a good stretch, so that is what I did this morning: stretch max 1 and 2. I feel like it put the cherry on top of my cathe roadtrip recovery period. Thinking upper body weights tomorrow. We'll see.

~michelle

Rolly's breath smells really bad. I'll make an appt. with the vet to see what is wrong. Must be his teeth.:( Thank you so very much for your support, hugs, prayers. They mean a lot to me. When I was really down last night, I read your posts and I felt better. Prepared 3 loaves of bread for baking tomorrow. Should be really good. Haven't done this for awhile, I missed it.

Laura, Great job with your exercises all week. Glad to see you doing so well. As usual.:D Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot.

Renee, I LOVED RAINBOW BRIDGE! It made me cry but, what a lovely thought that sooner or later we all are back together again. Thank you so much. You don't have to be forgiven. I know you try to peak in, and when you are ready to come back, we all will have open arms. You are the lady my friend.

Michelle, I cried until there were no more tears or was it because I cried myself to sleep. However it was, it had to be. Thank you so much for you and Ripken's hugs. It makes me feel better. Great job on the walk with Ripken, and the stretches 1 and 2.

Take care,

Janie

It's Friday which usually means shorter walk in the morning--no reason, except Ripken and I walk a little later than 5:30 am because I work at home on Fridays. So, just a half mile this morning, but will get a few more walks in before this day is over.

Worked a few hours this morning and then I took an exercise break: did pyramid upper body and now my arms feel tired. I guess that is the way they are supposed to feel. Love the core work at the end of PUB.

DH is just not feeling all that good these days. I'm afraid that is COPD is getting worse, even though he quit smoking. Just too many years of smoking and his body is never going to recover. His CO2 level is elevated and I'm guessing he is going to be walking around with an oxygen tank soon. He already has an oxygen machine with his c-pap at night. Unfortunately, this is just the natural progression of COPD. I'm thinking I'm going with him on his next cardiologist appointment. It stinks, but we press on and do the best that we can.

Janie: we love our sweet animals so much. The test of that love is doing what is best for them when their bodies start to shut down. God bless you and don't forget to exercise--Winkle loved you and wants you to continue to be good to yourself.;) Stinky dog breath isn't always a wonderful thing. Poor Rolly might have a bad tooth. Let us know.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday.
~michelle

Baked 3 loaves of bread. Did TBS, abs and stretches. joey had surgery today to take out skin cancer on his ear. They got it all. Hurray!
397988197.jpg
397989243.jpg

Michelle, Good walking's with Ripken. Great job on PUB. OMG! Prayers are needed for your honey, I will start on that right away. (((((hugs))))). I'm still exercising, just forgot to post it. But, thank you for keeping me on my toes. I love that you did that. Higgin (our other cat) goes for a distemper shot and Rolly gets his mouth looked at on the 9th.

Take care of each other,

Janie

Last edited:
Rolly and I did some walking in the woods. We walked about 30 min. Tomorrow I'll be visiting one of my brothers (who I understand has Alzheimer) and haven't seen for years . It's a shame to because he really dosen't live that far from me. I feel so guilty. Hey, he could have visited me too, right? Life keeps going, and before you know it, years have passed. Time goes by so quickly these days.

Janie

Well, the icky humidity is sticking around and the walkabouts are staying short for now. I am starting Cathe's August rotation today. The first exercise on the rotation is B&G, but my B&G is on the boat and we are home, so I did pyramid lower body and ab circuits with no equipment as a substitute.

Janie: don't feel bad about not visiting your sibling--we connect more with some people--including our relatives--than we do with others. That's just the way things go sometimes. I think it is just natural. Glad to hear that Joey's surgery went well and you are keeping up with you exercise. How's the toe?

Not much going on in the Reed household. Just relaxing. The quiet weekend continues.

Hope to hear from some of our other folks soon.
Michelle

Hi everyone,
Ripken and I did our medium length walk this morning. Then I worked at home for an hour before doing Intensity. WooHoo! I'm loving that cardio. Of course, my glutes were totally talking to me the whole time after PLB yesterday and they continue to make their presence known throughout the work day. Must be a good thing. I'm trying to remember the last time my glutes didn't feel sore. I think it has been about 3 and half years--that would be way back when I first started working out with Cathe. Yowza! I'm not sure I would feel normal if my glutes weren't sore.

Ripken really likes Cathe too--because he really loves getting his licks in when the workouts are in the home stretch, so to speak.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
~michelle

Hi, I was able to read your posts the other day, but didn't get a chance to post before something interrupted me....I have had a busy & scattered schedule so I am oscillating between heavy workout days and no workout days hoping they balance out...

Today I did Athletic Step in the am, which just about kills me every time, it makes me feel so out of shape!! I had to take some breaks to catch my breath between the different sections, but I tried to keep them brief. Than tonight was Intermediate Pilates & Boot Camp. So pretty cooked.

Janie: the bread looks yummy! Enjoy!

Michelle: I haven done B& G in awhile. I will have to break it out soon. I love PUB but some reason not LBP for some reason....

Joey and I did TBS with abs and stretches. Walked Rolly about 45 min. My toe feels healed.

Everyone looks like they are doing really good on their exercises. Great Job. I'm running a little late tonight. Sorry, I'll have more time for my friends and things I want to do tomorrow.

Found out why Rolly has bad breath. It's the tennis ball we have been playing with. I changed it, brushed his teeth and now no bad breath.

Take care everyone, sorry about the short post.

Janie

I started to post about 2 hours ago, the phone rang, and work life zigzagged on me. Little Rippy and I took a nice long walk this morning and then I did Low Impact Circuits. Cathe has alot of good cardio in the August rotation and she didn't slack on the weight workouts either!

Got to run--but I will try to get back for more later today.
Michelle

Today was a walk in the forest with Rolly. 30 min.

Laura, Great job on AS. I know it's a challenge for me too, at least the very few times I did it. Don't worry, we'll get better at it. Also great job on Intermediate Pilates & BC. Well done.

Michelle, Great job on Ripken and your walk, and LIC. The August Rotation does look good.

Have a good one,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.