Favorite Smells

Lol loving this thread.. I had to giggle about cow poop... and now I love the dogs paws then no judgment made me giiggle more lol.

Lavender, jasmine, sandalwood, my horse's muzzle, the farm after the grass has been cut, fresh hay.

Also, pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon air fresheners.

Clean clothes from the dryer.

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kit-- (just kidding) ;-)

eminenz2 said:
Lavender, jasmine, sandalwood, my horse's muzzle, the farm after the grass has been cut, fresh hay.

Also, pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon air fresheners.

Clean clothes from the dryer.

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kit-- (just kidding) ;-)

Lol funny! I love sanalwood to! And also the jasmine! Love the comment about whiskers lol

People think horses smell bad but they don't. They have an 'earthy' smell but it's not unpleasant. A little like leather, maybe? I think it's because they only eat plants (and a little bit of grain).

Now, horse poop? Yeah. Doesn't smell good. However, if you let it compost it makes a lovely soil and then it smells like dirt.

Lol no I actually love to smell horses too. No not there poop. Lol love this thread. humm gotta come up with something else once this ones slows down guys!

Love this thread! Scents can really create a mood or bring up an old memory in a millisecond.

Favorites: Coconut, vanilla, Play-dough (the real stuff), and Bailey's.

Nausea inducing: Beer, frying mushrooms, pumpkin guts, and peach puree baby food.

This is a cute thread. I didn't see it several years ago when it started.

I do love the smell of gasoline too. It's odd, isn't it? Some smells that I can't tolerate include fresh asphalt and bleach, yet there are some that think those are good smells.

I think it's funny to hear some of you say that horses smell good. I don't have a horse, but I have a DH who is an equine Veterinarian, and I can tell you that there are MANY days he comes home smelling not so good. That's because he not only smells like a horse, but like other parts of the horse too. (Sorry TMI!) ;)

What a lovely thread :)

My list of fav smells would take up 2 or 3 pages :), so I'll just put a few.

-coffee
-the ocean
-food cooking in my crock pot (especially curried stew :p)
-freshly baked bread/pastries
-cinnamon & apples
-babies
-fresh cut grass
-paint (yes, weird)
-gasoline (yes, weird)

Yuck smells :confused::

-indoor flowers (reminds me of funeral homes and cemeteries)
-my cat's litter box
-riding public transit and smelling someone with B.O.
-perfume used in large amounts

Natasha

I can't believe no one has mentioned popcorn yet!

I'm in agreement with BooBear; one of my very, very favorite seasonal smells is the smell of the inside of the kids' full halloween candy buckets. All those sugary treats meld together to produce one very distinct scent that always gives me an instant gut-reaction; it smells of wonderful-fall-childhood-happiness to me.

I also love the smell of fresh-cut wood (newly-sharpened pencils, too!), a new baby's scalp, lilies, roses, coffee, vanilla, Christmas greenery, a campfire, dinner on the grill (especially when I'm not doing it).....and lots already mentioned.

Fav smells:

fresh baked homemade cinnamon rolls
Laundry drying that has had Downey fabric softener
My maltese baby doggy

Awful smells:

White Shoulders perfume (I vomited from this when I was 5 and have NEVER recovered)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.