Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Hey guys, just dropping in to say I'm not doing workouts this week, I'll be out all week with the kids at camp.
Elsie, I totally procrastinate with core work, too! Glad you found a barbell!

Hi all, I had a great time with my family this weekend. I got to see my father, sister, both brothers and their families. My niece had a beautiful bridal shower (I really hate going to these events, lol), but having my sister there made it fun.
It was so nice not having to workout for the last 5 days but I really need to get back on track tomorrow!
Elsie, I am happy you found a barbell that you could afford. I have never sold anything on Craig's list, but I would love to get rid of some things i do not use. I get nervous having strangers come to my home, did you go to the person's home or meet in a public location? I really need to get rid of some things if we ever want to sell this home!
Cendrine, enjoy your week off!
Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Elsie, I totally procrastinate with core work, too!
Hey, glad it isn't just me. I feel so lazy about it! Have fun at camp!! lol Remember the mosquito repellant!

I have never sold anything on Craig's list, but I would love to get rid of some things i do not use. I get nervous having strangers come to my home, did you go to the person's home or meet in a public location?
I've sold many things myself and many for my FIL when he was downsizing and have not had any problems with people coming by our or his place. The biggest annoyance really is when people don't show up and do not bother to let you know. We had one guy turn up once to buy our washing machine who was drinking (and drove here), so we offered to drive him home and that was awkward I guess. Other then that, nothing. If you are doing a complete downsize, I would say a yard sale or an indoor sale might be best to get rid of it quicker. Although, at a sale of that sort, do not exepct to get much for your things. I know I wouldn't pay a lot for things at yard sales. It's all about bargains! The barbell I got seems nice although it did have some rust. Apparantly it can be mostly rubbed away with Coke (the soda pop, lol) and dry lube, so that is part of a project for me tomorrow if I find a bit of time.
I bet you are gonna have some major DOMS now after your downtime. ; )

Today I just did some yoga type work with the stability ball and am counting it as core work. Been eyeing the Xtrain Bi's & Tri's dvd, but I shouldn't buy anything for awhile.

Today I did LIS UB and core 1, hopefully I won't have too much DOMS from taking the week off.
Elsie, isn't it scary that coke will remove rust, and some people drink that all the time. Hopefully you have luck cleaning it up.
I am not sure that I will sell much, probably just donate most of it to charity. I am usually home by myself and would worry about someone trying to rob or hurt me. It is sad to feel that way, but there are so many stories like that in the news that I am uncomfortable.

Well, Katie, giving to charity is the kindest thing you could do with it. : ) I understand where you are coming from completely. As the income gap gets larger and larger, we are seeing property crime go up here in my part of the world. People get desperate. We have been pretty lucky.
I know, the coke thing is scary! It tastes weird too. lol. Some folks get addicted to the sugar I think.

Today, I completed about 15 mins of my own lower body band work, which was challenging an then Tracie Long's Power Up. One of the Step workouts I actually like and my ankles thinks is okay. I really like that workout.

I've had a tough time keeping up with my rotation. I'm in a step challenge at work that lasts until September. I'm supposed to be getting 13,000 steps a day, but the heat and humidity have made it impossible to get any walks in for my step count. 10,000 steps a day is hard enough when I can't get outside. So I've been doing step aerobics and pacing around the house for the step count and skipping my weight workouts. I finally got back to doing some weights today (Xtrain Chest, Back & Shoulders) and just said "forget it" to the step count. Tomorrow it's supposed to cool down a bit, so hopefully I can make up for the missed steps then.

I've also been trying to plan a trip to visit my family this fall. I hate traveling, but I want to see my family. Because of that, and many other things, I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety. It felt really good to get the Xtrain workout in. I hope I can stay on track now.

((Amy)) So sorry your anxiety is on an upswing. Is it a long trip to visit family?

Today I did some weights - shoulder(mostly lateral) work and then onto Athletic Step. Well, I tried it. Got 35% through, was spent, very confused and started to get pain in my mid back. I thought Athletic Step was a doable Cathe Step? lol. Perhaps not for me. I felt like I got 70% of it, but then it moved so quickly. I am glad I didn't buy it and just borrowed from one of my volunteers. I find it so hard to learn and the turning around mixes me up cause I do not have enough room. sigh.
Have some apple tree picking to do later. : ) Much better.

Today I did LIS LB and the barre work and abs from LLA. I am already sore!!

Amy, 13,000 steps can be quite challenging, esp with this heat!! I hope your anxiety diminishes soon, my husband gets very anxious when he needs to travel as well. Hopefully you will have a wonderful time being with your family .

Elsie, Athletic step is not one that i would call easy, even when I loved doing step it was not one of my favorites. The athletic training from the LIS series is probably a better one, easy choreography and only about 15" of step work.

Yesterday I did CSS and 100 the RC for triceps and shoulders. Today I did my anti gravity flying fitness and a yoga class. I was really sore after taking time off and then doing cathe's w/o's.
Have a good weekend.

The athletic training from the LIS series is probably a better one, easy choreography and only about 15" of step work.
Yes, that sounds much better! :)

I've been feeling under the weather, so yesterday nothing except falling asleep on the couch. lol. Today I managed to get a Barre3 done and some band rehab shoulder and back work. I'm having vertigo, so nothing on the floor at all.

Have a good Friday night folks!

Hi Elsie, I hope you are feeling better, vertigo is scary. I get frequent dizzy spells but fortunately they don't last long.
Yesterday I had to drive to my son's apt in Hershey (about a 90" drive), his apt was covered in mold. The landlord never told them they had a mold issue when they moved in there in Jan. We had to move anything salvageable to storage and toss anything with fabric. We all developed headaches and felt lousy by the time we were finished!! I am so angry, renter's insurance doesn't cover mold. We had to pay for a storage unit, pay to trash anything fabric like, buy new beds, sofa's etc... I am going to contact an attorney tomorrow to see if we can can get some type of compensation. The neighbors told us they have had mold issues there in the past and he did not let them know, so he should be liable.
I am hoping to get some type of a w/o in today but right now I still have a headache.

Ughh, Katie. How awful about your son's living arrangements. : ( I've been there. Some landlords treat young people terribly. I hope it works out and that it isn't too draning on you.
Yeah, this vertigo has been interfering with training and with life. Especially with errands. Last night my left sided myofascial pain came back again (everything happens at once, lol) and I am not in a great place. Just trying to find ways to cope at the moment. If I can get in a workout tonight, I'll be glad but not feeling like it's gonna be happening.

I'm back! Jumped in with sts total body this morning. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!

Elsie, how are you feeling, sorry to end about your vertigo and all.

Amy, I don't much like traveling either. It's even more of pain now that I have to make and bring all my own food along. But my program is working, at least it's paying off to do all that work. The reason I know it's working is because I'm having symptoms of heavy metal detox, not fun but knowing what it means is helping me. Good riddance toxins, sure wish there were a quicker way though...

Katie, the mold issue is terrible, so sorry to hear you and your son got exposed. I hope you have no lasting issues from it. My friend was exposed several years ago and has never been the same since. I hope you can do something with the lawyer!

On Sunday I did RWH, triceps, chest and shoulders. Yesterday I did my AG fitness, and then a hot yoga class. Today I did my yoga alignment class, it was a very good, but challenging class!! Tomorrow I am going to do RWH, back, biceps and shoulders, and I may try a yoga class with a new instructor.
Cendrine, How are you feeling today? I get so sore when I take a week off and then restart my w/o's.
Elsie, i hope you are feeling better!

I'm sore, but not as bad as feared. But there is still tomorrow. Sometimes I'm worse two days later....lol! I did a treadmill walk today and some good stretching and rolling.
Gotta run, busy day.

I'm always worst 2 days later Cendrine! I wonder why that is? Hmmm. o_O

So, I've really lagged behind now with my training. Still not 100% healthwise, but today was a liittle better (yay!!) so I did STS Legs and some back band work. Didn't have any spinning or swaying over during the workout at all .....just after. Seeing a Dr. on Monday.

Katie, have fun with your new yoga classes!

Yep, second day was bad. I did just walking the last two days to give my DOMS a chance to go away...

I'm glad you are feeling better, Elsie.

Wednesday's yoga class was just ok, I was a little disappointed with this instructor. She had good form, good cueing, and a nice flow, however she never once looked up to see if we were doing things correctly. I can watch a cathe video or another video if i want that!!
Last night I went to a different studio and had an amazing instructor, she would show us what to do, then she walks around and makes sure you are doing it correctly.

Great teachers are awesome! Sorry this one wasn't... It's always a hit and miss with new instructors, I guess.

I did high reps today. Didn't go crazy on the weights because I'm still a little sore from monday

Then I finally tackled shampooing our bonus room, which is about three times the size of a nice sized room and we use it for workout and play a lot. It's been my routine to clean it once a year and have been procrastinating this summer. It looks so nice now and I'm so wiped.... Lol

Cendrine, great job on getting that room all cleaned. I hate that type of cleaning as well and put it off. lol.

I'm still having to go easy on myself so haven't been working out much at all. Did 1.5 workouts this past week which I made count, but nothing other than that.
Hope everyone is having a super weekend!! So hot here again. Whew. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.