Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi all,

I have not done a check In In quite some time. I was looking at all the check ins to see which one would be a good fit for me, and it suddenly popped in my head that maybe I could start one myself.

I have been working out with Cathe for over 10 years now. Over the years I have had some physical challenges thrown in. I herniated my L4/L5 disk about four years ago, am dealing with chronic bicep tendinitis and am going through a heavy metal detox to get rid of mercury poisoning. I am also dealing with crazy food Intolerances that make it tough to eat well at times.

I am determined through it all, however to do the best I can to stay in shape. I have not allowed my limitations to cause me to throw in the fitness towel all together. I have had to become creative about how to modify workouts, I am one of those people who can't complete any rotation as is because so many things need to be tweaked. But I'm working out, and keeping fit. A few weeks ago I was hiking and biking with several friends who are not facing the challenges I have and I was thrilled to find out that I was able to handle the demands of the hikes and bike rides better than everyone else! That is enough encouragement right there for me to keep going on even if it is hard sometimes.

So, if you are pushing through challenges yourself and find yourself modifying but not giving up, maybe you can join me here? I think it would be great to support each other on our journey to stay fit while pursuing healing and preventing further injury!

Today's workout was sts plyo strength week two with a foam roller stretch for my IT band afterwards. I can't do the rock climbers and the squat thrust jumps of this workout, but I just do another plyo instead. The half turn jumps and the scissors kill my quads every time!

I hope you join the journey!

Workout today was incline Hiit intervals on the treadmill for an hour, followed by a good lower back friendly stretch. My goal is to increase the speed by a tiny bit each week to increase my cardio capacity.

I have severe osteoarthritis in my feet and knees so i have limitations as well. I wear knee braces when I do any cardio which really helps! I used to modify all high impact moves but now I can do quite a bit, I may not do it at cathe's speed, or as many reps but I can do it finally!! I really feel you have to try to do as much as you can safely to keep the pain away. Working out makes my entire day a happy day!! Today I did hard strikes, my favorite w/o lately! I am just finishing week 4 of STS, this is my 5th time doing this w/o. My plan is to do mostly boxing and cardio next week, followed with a month of xtrain. Hopefully the new w/o will arrive after xtrain, if not I will do a few weeks of gym styles. I decided not to do STS 2 or 3 this time around, I have found that my body responds to endurance w/o the best. I may do the entire w/o again next year but for now I am anxious to see what kind of results I get from 3 mo of just endurance.
Katie

Hi there! I probably won't have much time for checking in until after the road trip. Yep, I'm going, first time! DH knows how much I"ve been through and wanted me to experience Cathe. I"ll be modifying and looking dorky with a scarf around my neck, but I'm able to do sooooo much now. I had a ACDF surgery 16 months ago..... that's where they go into the neck and take out the herniated discs and replace with titanium plates. The titanium plates I need to keep warm otherwise my muscles contract too much and hurt. Anyway, I had 2 discs herniated about 1/3 of the way into the spinal cord and another vertebra that was slipping above those causing nerve pain in shoulder.... finding all this out took about 6 months. I always thought I was young (ok, I'm 50 now, but geez) and in good health and would bounce back, uh, not so much. I went thru a lot of sweat and tears to get to where I am, but I'm doing Cathe again! (albeit modified). I have issues with too heavy of weight as the muscles in the back got stretched so much from adding 1 inch to the neck and that causes painful still muscle knots, I hope this resolved with another year. So, yea, that's the short story :)

I'd be interested in what modifications everyone does, sometimes it's a challenge (for example, I can't do push UPS, planks, triceps dips, basically anything with too much weight ON my arms.... causes that darn back knot (and it took me a while to figure it out!). I sure wish Cathe would add a modifier in her workouts!

psusoccer, I can't do fast feet at CAthe's speed anymore either, or jumping jacks, it really jars the neck. Doc says it's fine, but I'm trying not to cause any of the other levels in the neck to herniate (I already have 2 small central protrusions above and below my fusion). I used to love air jacks, now I do pop squats, they are just less jarring to me.

cendrine, take care of that back! You don't want to go thru a fusion! Believe me! I had problems for YEARS, at 20 I finally had x-rays and they said I must have had a major accident with my neck, well, when I was 5, I was in a major car accident where my head went thru the window, then the lady carried me around to the houses in the area to try to find a cloth to stop the bleeding.... uh, we don't carry people in accidents that potentially have spine problems from them anymore. I guess it's just my cross to bear....believe me I had the days of many a pity party. I hope to get a bit further in doing stuff (like swinging my arms, heavier weights), but I'm happy to be where I am. Everything we go through makes us stronger.

Today I did Step Max. Oh, and I've finally dusted off the spin bike and am enjoying it for some good cardio.... loving the workouts on studiosweatondemand.com. great low impact!

Again, I probably won't be able to get here everyday, but I'll lurk and post when I can! Nice to meet you 2!

Hi there! I probably won't have much time for checking in until after the road trip. Yep, I'm going, first time! DH knows how much I"ve been through and wanted me to experience Cathe. I"ll be modifying and looking dorky with a scarf around my neck, but I'm able to do sooooo much now. I had a ACDF surgery 16 months ago..... that's where they go into the neck and take out the herniated discs and replace with titanium plates. The titanium plates I need to keep warm otherwise my muscles contract too much and hurt. Anyway, I had 2 discs herniated about 1/3 of the way into the spinal cord and another vertebra that was slipping above those causing nerve pain in shoulder.... finding all this out took about 6 months. I always thought I was young (ok, I'm 50 now, but geez) and in good health and would bounce back, uh, not so much. I went thru a lot of sweat and tears to get to where I am, but I'm doing Cathe again! (albeit modified). I have issues with too heavy of weight as the muscles in the back got stretched so much from adding 1 inch to the neck and that causes painful still muscle knots, I hope this resolved with another year. So, yea, that's the short story :)

I'd be interested in what modifications everyone does, sometimes it's a challenge (for example, I can't do push UPS, planks, triceps dips, basically anything with too much weight ON my arms.... causes that darn back knot (and it took me a while to figure it out!). I sure wish Cathe would add a modifier in her workouts!

psusoccer, I can't do fast feet at CAthe's speed anymore either, or jumping jacks, it really jars the neck. Doc says it's fine, but I'm trying not to cause any of the other levels in the neck to herniate (I already have 2 small central protrusions above and below my fusion). I used to love air jacks, now I do pop squats, they are just less jarring to me.

cendrine, take care of that back! You don't want to go thru a fusion! Believe me! I had problems for YEARS, at 20 I finally had x-rays and they said I must have had a major accident with my neck, well, when I was 5, I was in a major car accident where my head went thru the window, then the lady carried me around to the houses in the area to try to find a cloth to stop the bleeding.... uh, we don't carry people in accidents that potentially have spine problems from them anymore. I guess it's just my cross to bear....believe me I had the days of many a pity party. I hope to get a bit further in doing stuff (like swinging my arms, heavier weights), but I'm happy to be where I am. Everything we go through makes us stronger.

Today I did Step Max. Oh, and I've finally dusted off the spin bike and am enjoying it for some good cardio.... loving the workouts on studiosweatondemand.com. great low impact!

Again, I probably won't be able to get here everyday, but I'll lurk and post when I can! Nice to meet you 2!

Hi Lisa,
Wow you have been through a lot!! My issues are nothing in comparison!! How awesome that you are going on the road trip, I would love to try it someday. Let us know how you do and if you enjoyed it.
I help a friend with her w/o since she has issues with her neck and back as well. Have you tried doing your push ups on a wall, there is little stress but you can still work the muscles. She also struggles with tricep dips so i have her use the step with 2 risers, I have her dip, hold the movement for a few seconds until she feels a quiver in her tricep and then release. She cannot do a lot of them but she finds these work for her with less pain. She can do planks but sometimes she looses her form so I have her do these on her knees when this happens. Not sure if any of these ideas will help you but it may be worth a try if you haven't already tried these modifications.
Katie

I just finished sts disc 32. I haven't done meso 3 for probably three years and I'm pleasantly surprised how well im holding up. I remember t his one to have been very hard.

Katie and Lisa, I'm so glad to have you both join!

Lisa, take lots of pictures on the road trip and share, I'm so happy for you that you can go! It's inspiring to hear how much you've had to deal with and yet here you are working out! I, like you have to modify some of the more jarring cardio moves. I also had to sub for the one legged squat thrusts today, they get my hips out of alignment like nobody's business! I can't do upper body exercises because every move aggravates the bicep tendinitis, so I'm just zeroing in on leg and cardio work. I have just started seeing an acupuncturist who is helping me with the Mercury poisoning and he is digging deep to get to the Underlying issue of the tendinitis and also helping with the herniated disc. Hopefully things will progress. Since seeing him I have been able to reintroduce some foods, especially healthy fats which my body really needed.
During my mission of recovery I learned a lot from physical therapists and spinal decompression about form and supportive exercises. I almost entirely swap out ab work on DVDs with those moves which are much more gentle on my back. I'm doing supermans for Lower back strenght and have discovered that if I hold my arms along my hips Palm down and press down the shoulder blades while isometric ally tightening the triceps, I get a little bit of benefit to my shoulders and triceps without messing with the sore tendon area. It's a far cry from actually doing weights, but it works for now.

Katie, I tend to do well with endurance a s well. I have done meso 1 two months in a row, legs only, that is, and really liked it. Currently I'm working my legs three times a week and do cardio two days a week. After this months meso 3 I might do a combination of low impact and xtrain until the new workouts come out. Three meso three leg workouts a week are tough, I have only just completed one week, three more to go. We'll see how I hold up, I might need to do some adjusting if it gets too taxing.

Have a great day!

Katie, thanks for the suggestions! The massage therapist I work with recommended wall pushups, I said, I'm not that eager to add in pushups! And I sub tri extensions for dips, but I guess I'm not sure what to do on the RT (sit there in all my beauty?). lol.

Cendrine, so glad to hear you are getting help with physical therapists. PT after my surgery was pretty much a joke, they had no clue, thankfully I found this massage therapist that had treated many with same thing. She got the knots out of my shoulder blade area (there was a huge party of them after surgery) and one out of my QL (quadratic laborioum - or something like that). What PT had me doing made it all worse! Then there was the chiro that after adjustments I would be in tears about 8 hours later (since the discs were blown so bad the facets was taking all the weight ... kind of like when there is no cartiledge in your knee). Anyway, I finally told my DH he had 2 options, find me a doctor or get a gun and shoot me. He found me a fabulous neurosurgeon who BELIEVED me with the pain! With no xrays or MRI (my primary care doc wouldn't order any even though I said the neuro wanted some and I was seeing a neuro no matter what because something is WRONG!) Anyway, Neuro upon just a physical examination found weakness in left deltoid (that's where I had nerve damage), and left triceps (that is where the vertebra was bone on bone). It can be so frustrating finding someone but it sounds like you have and are working thru the issues. I've been limited in UB as well, so my legs are tired a LOT! lol. BTW, I don't' think even pre-surgery I could do one legged squat thrusts! I don't do any of the AB work anymore either, I am integrating Pilates on the reformer (bought me a nice one, figured I deserved it). There is an option to have a jumpboard on the end so you are jumping horizontally, that's how I initially got some cardio in (I couldn't even hold my head up for the bike), now I'm using it more with less spring tension so you are 'out in space longer' and boy that works the lower abs! I haven't been doing the reformer as much since I'm able to do more and I was trying to get RT ready :) I figure that if I couldn't do ALL the exercises that I was going to try to look as good as I could :) so I've lost 25 pounds! Woot! I had climbed up there with all the pity parties I threw for myself. LOL. I laugh now, but man it was tough! Oh and speaking of hiking, for the couple of years before surgery I was climbing/hiking the 14,000 Ft mountains here in Colorado, this past summer for my 50th birthday I got back on top of a 14er! Woot! My bff (and climbing buddy) remarked at how far I have come in the last year, just last year a hike that would have taken 2 hers took us 8, I almost cried in frustration and experienced the first ever 'I wanna throw up like the biggest loser people'. It made me feel good that she struggled to keep up with me at times up the mountain (we was trying to out run a storm). So, bottom line, we are stronger because of what we have to do differently! Wow, another book I wrote! Some just don't 'get' what we are going thru.... that's their problem! I need to remember I'm not a wimp, I'm a fighter!

Oh, I did HS today, just the cardio, modified LI jacks, arms for the jacks just reaching to top of my head (have issues with moving my arms too much still and the muscle in my back knotting up). Hopefully one day I'll get the ability to swing my arms more!

I have just come back from my chiropractor and he gave me an exercise to do that will help me incorporate some chest and bicep work. It's done with one of those door mounted tubes, you lean back with your arms extended and you use just your mid back muscles to pull back, kind of like a lower shoulder pull back shrug, I guess. Then once it's back as far as you can go, you can extend the arms sideways like a fly or pull back like a lot row. I'm going to play around with this and have fun. It felt good doing it at the office. My mid back vertebrae are more stiff than the lower and I don't want it to go out of hand.
I wish I had a reformer, you lucky girl! I might invest in one eventually. One way I work my abs is by lying on my back on a foam roller with my arms reaching to the ceiling, then I lower and lift one leg, then the other while alternating the arms coming down to cause sa much reason to stabilize with the abs as possible. At one point I got so good at it that the PT made me lye my back on a stability ball and lift one leg at a time. I need to work back up to that but it was a bit challenging for my lower back. The other method to work stabilizing core muscles is to anchor a band low to the floor in a loop, then put one foot I to the loop,stand on one leg while doing adductor and abductor style moves without holding on to anything, I also do this pulling the leg straight behind me. This one is nice because it does both legs and core at the same time, and you just tighten the band when you get stronger. Actually, you could use the fire walkers, as well.
I have experienced weight fluctuations as well on the journey. When I first messed up my back I was just finishing my first ever round of six month sts and had lowered my body fat percentage to 17%, and then I felt defeated because I felt like there wasn't anything challenging enough to maintain this. So I gained everything back and was feeling way down. But I have come a long way, like you, and there is much to be said for portion sizes even if you can't work out like you used to.... I'm back at my happy weight now and just pleased that it was possible despite the limitations.

I finished STS meso 1 today and was feeling so good that I added the first 4 tabatacise from xtrain. I have not attempted to do this w/0 ever since my I hurt my knees a year and a half ago. My goal was to try the first one and see how my knees felt. It felt so good to complete the first one so I tried the second, third and fourth!! I was so excited I could do this with little modifications. It is 5 hrs later and no pain in my knees!! Hopefully I can continue to do these types of w/o safely.
Cendrine, you mentioned you had food intolerances and am curious what they are if you don't mind me asking. I have celiac disease and am very limited as well with my food intake, so frustrating. I am curious if all the years of being misdiagnosed and eating food that was harming me caused some of my knee and feet issues. FYI:If you have any wheat issues I recently read a great book called "wheat belly" which was very good, I knew a lot of the info from my celiac disease but still learned quite a bit.

Katie, how exciting that you were able to do four tabatasice segments! I haven't done that many back to back, but sure want to work up to it! How are your knees feeling now?
I'm really sorry to hear about you having to deal with celiac, that makes eating away from home very hard unless you always pack your own stuff!
I was hit with continuous migraines for days, sometimes weeks on end without me being able to identify the cause over a year ago. I finally decided to invest in a naturopath and she recommended doing the ACAT test, a bloodtest that identifies food intolerances which is different from food allergies. I was shocked to find out that I had a reaction to 150 of the 200 foods tested. In addition to this I discovered that I can eat an offending food and be fine that whole day, the migraines starting the next day. With the amount of foods and the delayed reaction it is no wonder I could never narrow down the culprit. Among the offenders were gluten, dairy and all seeds as well as lots of veggies and fruits such as lemons, peaches, cherries, celery, potatoes, avocadoes etc. The method of treatment was to stay away from all offending foods for six months, giving my body a chance to clear its memory so to speak, and then I troduce one food at a time and wait for possible symptoms for four days before introducing the next one.
I had been unable to reintroduce anything successfully until the acupuncturist started assisting with a desensitization technique he does with each food I plan to introduce that week. Since then I have been able to incoorporate honey, lemon, lime, avocado, coconut, flax seed and garlic. I'm working on cilantro next...
I think your suspicion that going undiagnosed for so long may have had something to do with your other issues is very reasonable. I think that from what I've learned about what gluten can do to the stomach lining, it was probably my intolerance to that that caused this hypersensitivity to all these other foods. I don't know if I'm ever going to bother reintroducing gluten, I have adjusted quite well to a glutenfree lifestyle, including learning how to work with glutenfree sourdough. I have not been able to eat commercial glutenfree stuff because of other things they add, such as gum to bind it etc. being glutenfree has actually helped me be several notches healthier because I can't indulge in the occasional baked good etc.
I don't think I have read wheat belly, but I did read grain brain, I wonder if it is similar?

I take weekends off from exercising, so no workout to report today.

I accidentally hit post before I was done...

Lisa, I wanted to ask if you have used essential oils on your neck to help with the pain and knots? I have discovered a high quality/reasonably priced site for essential oils and a couple of blends came to my mind as I was thinking about you.

My husband just got off statins being able to lower his triglycerides and cholesterol simply by using oils. (He eats really clean too and works out but diet and exercise has not been enough)
I'm sharing this just to give an example of how potent the oils are. I myself have been able to balance my hormones just with one oil. Pretty good stuff! All of us, husband, two kids and I have been able to avoid antibiotics when hit with sinus infections and such since using the oils. Before that, my sinus infections would always turn to bad bronchitis and I would need a round of antibiotics and prednisone to get over it.

Ok, enough for now.... Have a fabulous weekend! The weather here in Oregon is going to be gorgeous this weekend, so a nice long bike ride is on the books for us!

Hi Cendrine,
Yes, eating out is very difficult!! It has been about 10 years that I have been gluten free, it was difficult at first but now it is just the norm for me. It does help keep my weight in check since I can't indulge in many baked goods etc.. Like you I used to get migraines all the time, I haven't had a migraine since I went gluten free.
Hopefully they can get you back to eating more foods, but I would stay away from gluten. Wheat today is processed poorly and really not healthy for anyone. I have not read grain brain, maybe one to put on my "to read list".
My knees feel good after my w/o yesterday which really surprises me, I fully expected some soreness. I did MMA boxing today which is always a fun one for me, one that I do when my body is tired but I still want a w/o. I will probably do CSS tomorrow and then will take of mon and wed this week.
Let me now what oils you use to balance your hormones, I am 52 and this pre-menopause is driving me crazy.
Have a nice weekend, it is raining here in Pa but tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful!!

Thank you Cendrine for starting this check in!

I am new to Cathe. I knew of her, but have never done any of her workouts until now. I found her while looking for challenging low-impact workouts, and boy did she deliver! I did Low Max intervals 1-4 last night, and I was amazed I made it through!

I am just getting back into fitness after many years off. I was planning to start working out again, but then I got a herniated disc (L5/S1). I was misdiagnosed, tried all sorts of conservative measures, but I ended up having surgery (microdiscectomy) at the end of May. I am still dealing with a little bit of nerve pain (mostly tingling) in my feet. I did get a little increase in nerve pain after Low Max last night, but it went away quickly. I have 2 other degenerated discs as well, so I have to be super careful with my back.

My PT OK'd low-impact aerobics, though I have been mostly walking before and after the surgery. Now I'm ready for something more challenging, and winter is coming, so I am glad I found Cathe. I enjoyed walking, so I wasn't looking forward to winter. But now that I have a few Cathe low-impact aerobic videos (I also pre-ordered the upcoming Low Impact HiiT video), I am really looking forward to winter! I do weight lifting on my own because there are so many exercises I can't do. I still do my PT stretches daily, but my back is still very stiff. Maybe that stiffness is permanent.

I also have lost about 65 lbs. since March, which is half-way to my goal.

It's so nice to meet you all!

Hi ladies! Today I did a 2.5 mile dog walk and 60 mins of spinning.

Cendrine, Essential oils is one thing I haven't tried :) The massage therapist said that when I started seeing her after surgery that my muscle tone in the shoulder blade to neck (levator scapular) and the one from the shoulder blade to spine (not sure of name) was flat, no muscle tone at all so she said it was obvious I had been dealing with issues to that area for a while which makes sense since for 30 yrs my neck would 'go out' off and on. Now she says it's only about 80% behind the right side so I've made progress, I'm hoping that as I build it up more that the muscle quits knotting when over strained with weight. For now I have a heating pad and rice bag I'll pack for the road trip. I don't really have any set rest days, they just happen when they do. Does your husband use more than fish oils for his cholesterol? My husband genetically has high cholesterol, me I genetically have high BP. Did you read the article Cathe wrote where high BP is linked with someone's high fight or flight reflex? I have a HUGE fight or flight reflex....I once left my hiking partner on the mountain at 13,500 feet as I was running to try to escape the thunderstorm (scared of lightning), I kept begging her to run (she couldn't believe I was running at that high altitude, and decided that for her it was either having a heart attack from trying to keep up or take her chances with the lightning). lol. We really all are the sum of our genes :)

I don't have the food intolerance you guys have but I do know if I eat better I feel much better, if only the bad stuff didn't taste so good! I need to remember how good I feel when those foods call to me (they all gave me massive heartburn). Now I know why my Mom ate so much yogurt (I eat a lot of plain Greek yogurt), it really helps with my digestive system.

Psusoccer, I've been on HRT since 46 when I tested at no estrogen (wasn't in meno though), now at 50 I swear I'm in meno, I'm having a lot of hot flashes at times, they drive me crazy, next time I go to dr I'll have to see what may need changed up.

Amy, oh no, another one with spine disc issues. My dad had to have surgery way back in the day on his lumbar (not sure which one), again genetics. Only thing we can do is deal with the cards we've gotten. How were you misdiagnosed? Before my neck spine surgery I could barely even walk as the pain in my neck (facets from blown discs) and shooting into shoulder (slipping vertebra above the blown discs) made it so painful, after surgery my deltoid started twitching which means nerves were waking up. But oh my, the pain after surgery, so different, but each month I see things get better and better. I hope the same for you... my surgery was 16 months ago. I can modify things pretty good at home, I just was worried I'll look like a fool at the road trip, several Catheletes have made me feel good about my limitations, such a good group.

Amy, welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about your issues! I used to do low max a lot, it's a good one! I realized after I had to do low impact because of my back, that I can modify almost all Cathe's cardio with low impact subs. When I tried it was much easier than I thought. I have some degeneration as well, genetic in my family, my dad had seven herniations over the course of his life and both my mom and my sister have one as well... It's definitely good to be careful and focus on prevention! It seems a hard concept to wrap your head around when nothing is hurting, then when you are hurt it makes all the sense in the world! Congrats on your weight loss, that's awesome!

Lisa , dh's cholesterol is genetic as well. Here is the link to the essential oil blend he uses http://heritageessentialoils.com/cholesterol-maintenance.php
His triglycerides dropped 73 points in two months doing this and cholesterol levels are normal now!
I had to chuckle about your fight/flight story! I have notoriously low BP, I have to actually drink Himalayan salt water some days to make it through getting up without issues. It's a bit worse than usual right now probably because of the detoxing, and the workouts sure get me soaked every day.
I haven't had any hot flashes so far but I did have pretty bad night sweats which stopped once I used the oil, and my hair stopped falling out too... glad to hear you are making progress on the muscle tone in back and neck, that will help a lot! Keep up the good work, but slow and steady....

The lumbar disc issue is definitely genetics in my case. My mother had back surgery around the same age as me. I'm sure my sedentary desk job and being overweight didn't help either. But my sister, who is not overweight, has had back problems as well.

Lisa, no one could figure out what was wrong with me. My chiropractor just kept giving me adjustments as long as I kept paying for them, even though I was not improving. Then I got an X-ray that revealed degeneration in 3 discs, so he thought that's what is was. The first PT I saw thought a herniated disc was unlikely, and she figured it was tight hip flexors. Eventually the pain was mostly in my hip area (actually, more like the buttock), though I did have pain shooting down my leg when I stood up sometimes too. So my doctor sent me to a hip orthopedist. The orthopedist's assistant figured out right away the problem was with my back and not my hip. No one else caught on that the pain was from sciatica, and other than my doctor, they were all supposed to be back specialists. I might have responded to conservative measures if they had been presented to me earlier in the process. But I am glad I had the surgery, and I have been improving a lot since then.
I'm sure you'll do great at the road trip! Sounds like fun!

Cendrine, thanks! I'll keep modification in mind when I get tired of the videos I have now. I have quite a few to keep me busy for now. I love how there are different mixes as well on some of my Cathe videos.

Amy, that chiro story sounds very familiar. I don't want to ding an occupation, for some they are very valuable. For me not so much, I only had one good experience.... in Vail , when I was 20, after skiing and my neck 'went out', found a fabulous one, then later I started going regularly to one in town that someone recommended, after one adjustment, I had pain when I breathed, I couldn't take a breath without pain. I had to call the next day and the one that adjusted me was out so got his partner, turned out the vertebra had turned wrong mid thoracic area and they had to adjust from the front, they said' that happens'. quit going after that until this incident, and that chiro was happy to see me 3 times a week, said it would take 30 adjustments, after a month, and crying about 8 hours after each adjustment, I knew something was very wrong in there, thankfully someone told me to go see a neurosurgeon. I tell you, a year after surgery, once I was released from their care, I thanked that doctor profusely for all his help. Many told me I was so brave to have the type of surgery I did, I wasn't brave, I wanted my life back! My massage therapist knows someone who put off their surgery far too long and only saw maybe 10% improvement in the nerves, she's more a proponent to fix the problem before it gets too severe so it's good you got it fixed when you did.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.