Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Hey there! I took a semi rest weekend, walked only 3miles each day (didn't even get to my 10,000 steps), Sunday I did do a 45 min pilates reformer workout. Today I hit it hard...spinning, 60 min, 450 cals!

Cendrine , I was so sore from plyo legs, hence my resting. I feel like a wimp sometimes :). I read as some age they need more rest days. I have to work out legs more because of UB limits too. where is this rotation? Not that I would stick to it :)

Amy, yes, take more fish oil, space them out throughout the day (3 a day). I do have labs to prove that it works for DH and me. Glad I could help with something!

So, here's a nice visual for you all. First, you know my darn shoulder knot, so far in 2 weeks I've only had it once! I'm spacing out my UB workouts, but the kicker .... besides the scarf, I think having something over my upper back after I start sweating to keep it warm helps, I don't want a shirt (too confining and gets too wet and defeats purpose), so I take a hand towel and put it over my back and tuck in the ends in my sports bra, ta da....bat girl!

Batgirl just in time for Halloween! Lol, whatever works is all I say! And boy would I ever be sore if I jumped right into doing plyo legs without working up to it with the previous two mesos! In fact,even meso one and two, if I don't do it more than once a week, my legs hurt terribly, once a week is just not enough for my legs to grow accustomed to. I think particularly the slide disk moves really get me to where I'm sore for a week!
Workout was 1 hour cardio intervals. Glad it's over... I'm tired.

Lol cendrine! I think it was because I used heavier weights for legs than I have in a couple yrs.... Can finally hold 15's, still think just holding 20 would be too much. Intervals are tiring!

The past few days I just walked because the weather was really nice. It got colder out today, so I did Low Impact Step and lifted weights. It sounds like there will be quite a few colder days coming up this week.

I had a nice trip to MN to see my sister, we did some walking while I was there so we worked off all the alcohol and food we ate. Yesterday was back to reality, I did tabatacise and core 1. I was able to do the entire w/o with very little modifications which was nice. I took the antigravity yoga class again last night, i think this is going to be my all time favorite w/o. I am pretty sore today, not sure if it was from the am w/o or the yoga. I am not sure what I will do for a w/o today, something easy. Tomorrow I am taking the day off to see my son. I may take a "hot yoga" class tomorrow evening if I get back in time, I heard the class is mostly stretching so hopefully my back will tolerate it.
Have a great wednesday!!

I did plyo legs 26, two more workouts in this rotation. I'm looking forward to something new.

Katie, I'm glad you had a nice visit with your sister and got to get some walking done at the same time. It's always nice when things work out like this.

Amy, it's been raining here a lot, so I'm glad you took advantage of the nice weather while you could!

I'm busy getting the house ready for my mom. She will be here next Wednesday and I neglect dusting and such in the guest roo when no one comes... Time to catch up.

Lisa, I have to adjust my weights keeping shoulder and neck in mind even when selecting for legs, because somehow I always seem to compensate with shoulders and neck when I think my legs could handle more... 15 lbs is a respectable weight especially since we want to not aggravate other body parts to put a bigger number on our workout calendar for legs. It's the overall wellness that matters in my opinion. Will you be doing more plyo legs?

I muddled thru 4DS double cardio premix (basically HIS and LIS step)...I was just tired, then walked 2.5 miles.

Cendrine, I probably won't do plyo again for a while, I like your idea of doing sts from the beginning, but then I dont' want to be mired down in sts when the new workouts come, so I'll just keep picking and choosing. I knew you would totally get the weight load with shoulders/neck.

Katie, tabatacize is a hard workout, I bet that is what made you sore. Good that you found something you really like.

Amy, I found that if I only do cathe and no walking my weight can creep up. walking is so good for you.

Oh, so my left shoulder blade started to hurt during last part of the step workout, then I was like, oh, yea I need to turn into bat girl about 1/2way thru the workout, put on my cape and was better after a bit. I didn't feel chilled, but that's what it was. It's taken me a year to figure this out!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I had an intense acupuncture session on Tuesday and feel like it's wiped me out yesterday. I still felt low energy for cardio today but powered through it. Wanted to finish this month's rotation with a bang... one more to go.

Lisa, it makes me feel better about how long it sometimes takes me to figure things out when I hear about how long it took you to figure out the bat girl solution. I'm so glad for you that you found a way that works! By the way, I love the double cardio 4dsplit premix! Makes me want to do it. I kind of have forgotten about that one.

I don't know if it is the weather, my age along with menopause, or the tabatacise w/o I did on Tues but I have been sore and totally exhausted all week!!! My knees and back have been bothering me more than usual and the DOMS in my legs just won't go away. I was finally able to do more w/o without modifications and was really enjoying feeling normal again, this is so depressing!! I did supercuts today, I was able to complete it but had to drop the wts a little and not do all the reps in some of the movements.
It is rainy and cold here today so a good day to read and relax. I hope everyone is doing well.
Have a nice weekend.
Katie

Katie, I know we don't live in the same area, but something must be the same because I was just really feeling exhausted as well, so the weekend was a very quiet and restful one.

I did low impact total body trisets lower body split today and then about 20 min of PT exercises. My visit at the chiro on Friday showed progress on the back exercises I've been doing, so yay!

Cendrine, lets go with the air and not that we are getting older, lol!!
I am happy to hear your back is showing progress, back pains are the worst!! My dad at 75 is basically an invalid due to his arthritis and spinal stenosis. He recently had a pain stimulator inserted but so far not much improvement. He just sits around watching Tv all day since his back hurts when he walks, I sure hope I don't end up like that!!
Today I did Xtrain Bi's and tri's along with AOLI. I had to drop my wts again, just didn't have the strength to go heavy. I need to check my nutrition and see if that is the reason!
Katie

I'm good with blaming it on the air, Katie! Lol!

I did cardio super sets and more PT today. I have DOMS in my hamstrings from yesterday... That always happens to me when I start a new rotation. For the CSS I had to sub out all the push up and mountain climber stuff, I just added in other moves that keep me huffing and puffing... ☺️
Yesterday was homeschool coop day where I teach two classes. It was like I had a whole set of new kids in class and like they had not already taken six weeks of my instruction... We finally figured out it must be a combination of candy coma from Halloween and the time change. It was bad! Lol!

Today's workout was Lower Body Blast, more DOMS on the horizon for me!

I hope you are all doing well and keeping those workouts coming!

Yesterday I did Xtrain legs and rear delts. I am cleaning windows and my house today, boring!!!!! Trying to get everything in order before the holiday madness.
Cendrine, I have not done LBB in a long time maybe I'll try that on friday.

Windows have been on the bottom of my to do list forever! Good job for doing them! Stuff like this is best done while listening to an audio book, I think...

Workout was treadmill intervals, I got worked hard!

My mom arrived yesterday. The kids got inundated with swiss chocolates.... Delayed Halloween around here lol!

Workout today was low impact challenge and PT. I forgot this workout and it took me a little bit to get into the groove, but I enjoyed it, modifying the push-up stuff though.

How are all of you doing?

Cendrine, Oh how I miss that w/o, I have a hard time with step w/o especially if there is a lot of twisting. I can do the step portion of X10 with no issues but an hour of pure step causes my knees and hips to hurt.
I did LBB today, I forgot what a challenging w/o that can be.
Have a wonderful visit with your mom.

In preparation for the new w/o's I did 30/30 and pyramid. I was surprised at how well I did with these w/o's. X10 and tabatacise has really helped my endurance levels. I am off to rake leaves and finish the yard cleanup. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Doing the low impact challenge after a month of sts plyo shows me how much endurance I've built and how much more capacity I have. It's nice when we see improvement! I actually did a few tougher moves during the workout yesterday because I felt it wasn't working me hard enough...
I think doing some xtrain, Hiit and such in preparation for the new workouts is a great idea, I think I'll add in some of it myself.
Today is nice out. We are planning on walking out in some parks collecting acorns and things like that for the kids to make fairy houses with. As usual, weekend is rest for me, so no workouts.
Enjoy your weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.