Daytona Trippers

I got nothing, just playing around seeing if I can post a photo, and I can, but I deleted it because I really didn't want to post one.

Hi ladies !

Last night was hockey so not in bed until 11:30 but determined to get up early, albeit a little later than usual, so did GS Legs Timesaver#1 - weights only. A little stiff getting up from my chair this afternoon! :D

Lisa - so since I have been out of the fitness loop for a while, what is X77? Sounds like something tough ! Well SF is 1 1/2 hrs away and loads of traffic in addition to being a humongous airport compared to SJ. Actual time from gate to gate is 7+ so not too bad. On the way home I leave at 6 and get in at 10:15 - I like that timing! :)

Diana - nice job with your vest + dumbells! I was thinking it might be good if you end up meeting me at my gate and I go to get my luggage while you could stand in line for the car! Then we can get out of the airport quicker, right? Can't wait to see you again and have a totally fitness weekend!

Angela - Hope you get some good sleep to get your energy back. I feel that way too much lately and have been pushing to get my workouts in for an energy boost. Doesn't always work though . . .

Jody - I will be working the day after also and have to do payroll to boot. Will need loads of coffee that morning. Plan is to get as much done as I can before I leave since the last time I took off out of state I missed my flight and had to do payroll from a distance. Not an option this time cuz I'm not bringing my laptop! Boss man will be crossing his fingers for sure! :rolleyes:

OK - just about now it is 8 days and counting ! :D :D :D

Can't wait to meet all of you soon!

Hi Ladies,

Well this morning was tough 50 min BR w/o....that girl kicks my butt! Tomorrow I'll be back to STS with Back & Triceps. My step count totally sucked yesterday since I was in meetings all day. Oh, and today...I'm wearing a black w/white polka dots skirt with a built in black slip. Well in the sun .....let's just say it doesn't look like I have a slip on. I definitely won't be walking outside today....UGH. If I had my w/o bag in my car I would just throw on some shorts underneath but I don't.

Let me see if I have this right:
Diana arrives at 1:50
Angela arrives at 2:30
Lisa arrives at 3:30-I have your itinerary
Jacque arrives at 6:30-I have your itinerary

Angela-good job with PUB especially since you weren't feeling well. I just got my hair cut and had her take off 3 inches. Agreed, it just has to be long enough for a pony tail. If you email me your itiniterary I'll plan on meeting you at the gate. We may want to exchange cell numbers. If I have your email address then I'll email it to you.

Jacque-great workout considering you didn't get much sleep! Yes, I'm getting excited for the trip. I plan on packing this weekend.

Lisa-what are you up to today? Twice this week my drive in to work took 90 minutes....it's so old. Only a few more weeks before I can work from home on T/TH!!! I am so looking forward to that!

Jody-what are you up to???

Holy bat man DOMS in glutes and hamstrings from TBT LB yesterday, and getting worse as the day goes on! I did Step Moves and 3 mile dog walk.

Angela, what's the chances you'd be looking at the checking while I was playing around with pictures! lol That's one of the few times I've had my hair done nice and make up on. I don't normally wear makeup (guess I'll have to at the RT for dinner at least!).

Jacque, so you are checking luggage? I'm trying to get all my stuff in a carry on, will see if I'm successful! I have a few weird things to pack (heating pad, hot rice bag, couple of little blankets to keep my neck warm at night), and then I have to have black and white tennis shoes (for the appropriate outfits) and old sneakers for the beach workout. And let's not forget the hairdryer and diffuser (I need diffuser for my wavy/curly hair, but they don't' fit hotel hair dryers so I pack my own). I'm a bit high maintenance at times :).

Diana, I think you should be about to WFH already!

Angela, talking about hair cut (thankfully just got mine cut), I have a list of things to do for personal hygiene before I go! Hair color (check), pedicure (check), Hair protein treatment(check---doing that now), maincure(uh, hope to), shave legs (gonna wait until Wednesday--- don't want to have to shave twice)--- I'll be honest, I shave every few months! It's the hiking Colorado girl in me, not to mention less hair since meno).

Now back to your regularly scheduled check in.......

"Stalling, I should make a exercise out of it".... yep I am, tooooooo ccccccoooooold to walk the dogs so therefore I'm stalling my Cathe workout of the day too.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Well, I got something in, HS just the cardio part. I decided it's too cold for me to walk the dogs, unfortunately they have the most energy on cooler days!

Angela, yes TBT is total body trisets, my hamstrings still have sore spots! I knew not to do this one too close to the RT! I THINK Stallings in afterburn? I only started wearing makeup again after I had Mohs surgery on 2 spots on my face for Basel cell cancer....I was able to stay home while I had stitches, but after that I had to go into work where a "friend" said, oh, your face looks so bad....I trotted up to Sephora and asked them to help me cover them. Now they are faded and no one can tell so no need for makeup, guess I'll bring some for the evenings. Funny about being young and wearing it when you didn't need to, when I married I said to DH, I'm not wearing makeup on the weekends, he said- but you look much better with it, now he thinks I look better without it. I'm one of those that don't like to go out without my hair done, but could care a less about makeup (DIL is the opposite).

Hi Ladies,

This morning was STS Back & Biceps. I hope to get in both cardio & weights on Sat and Sun. I also plan on packing on Sunday and getting that out of the way. Monday after the trip is going to be a tough day for sure. It will surely take me several days to catch up on laundry since that is the one thing that no one else seems to do.

My steps are pathetic this week. Hopefully today I'll reach 10K. I was very short the last 2 days. Today is jeans and tennis shoes day, no excuses to not get my lunch time walk in.

Lisa-time to get your w/o on!!! Woo Hoo for DOM's!!! I'm so jealous, I hate shaving my legs. My MIL said she pretty much stopped shaving around the time she was 50/meno. I did have laser hair removal on my underarms. The hair is much less, but not gone which I was told since I have blond/red hair. The lasers for light hair is coming along, but still has a ways to go.

Angela-I received you email and sent you a response.

Hi to Jody & Jacque!

lisa, my ex used to say, bring twice the money, half the stuff. I might be able to bring a dryer/diffuser for you. I'm seriously thinking of bringing my blendtec. ttyl, off to bed.

Today was 2.5 mile dog walk and 60 min of spinning

Jody, lol, true saying, I'm going to try to limit what I bring for sure. I just happened to think, for every workout outfit I will need an undie, my undies are soaked after a workout. TMI?

Angela, oh my, double workouts? I'm doing no UB and hope that helps me not hurt in shoulder blade area for the RT. Maybe a walk on the beach on Thursday? Not sure about Friday before the fun starts (most catheletes seem like they will be there already). Guess we will just wing it (my DH's favorite thing, me, I really do like it all planned out for me).

Diana, oh my, you will be getting in late on Sunday night, you will have a rough Monday, but at least you shouldn't have to get a workout in :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was the next STS disc, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. Then I had another massage! :) My neck/shoulder area is feeling so much better since getting these massages. Next stop was a pedicure and then a trip to target. I picked up another pair of capris. I need to take all the laundry to the basement and bring up my suitcase for packing!!!

Lisa-my step count is pretty pitiful so far today too. I was planning on doing weights and cardio this morning but ran out of time. If I can keep from stuffing my face....a pm cardio may work today. DH is out with a couple friends so I can do whatever.....and he has gout...GGGGRRRR. The weekend is basically already planned for us. I'm guessing we can all get together for breakfast on Friday morning, hang out on the beach, site see etc (wing it). Feel Fit Wear will be probably be there so we can purchase more w/o clothes!!!

Hi Angela, Jody & Jacque!

Really....me again??? What's everyone up to? This morning I was up at 4:30...just woke up. I did STS disc 23-Legs and BodyRock HIIT Max days 1-4. My legs are going to be so sore tomorrow.

Later today I will be mowing the lawn, grocery shopping, laundry, and ...PACK FOR DAYTONA!!! I put my 6 w/o outfits in baggies and brought up my suitcase. I'm only taking a couple casual outfits for Friday and Saturday night. Shouldn't take long to get the rest together.

BBL to see if anyone else is around.

Diana, you must already be on Eastern time! Or else your body is just too used to getting up early :)

I did a 2.5 mile dog walk and XT legs, oh my, after spinning yesterday my glutes were fried by the end, I almost cried at the weighted pizza presses :).

I plan to start my packing today too and just wear old shorts/shirts for working out the rest of the week since all my Capris will be packed.

Diana, dh gout again? From the pain I saw my DH go thru I'd think I"d do everything in my power to avoid it. His one flare up was in the summer moving both our boys in the same week and I think he got very dehydrated as it was super hot and he didn't take breaks (I couldn't help him as it was when my neck was bad, and I remember DS had a important summer class he couldn't miss.

I can't believe Daytona is this week!?!?!?

Hi Ladies,

Well I was too tired to get up and exercise this morning. booh. Perhaps tonight I will get something in. Tomorrow is STS back & biceps, the last disc in Meso 2.

Yesterday I did STS Legs, and then Bodyrock HIIT Max days 1-4 (with a 10lb vest). My legs are sore today! Hopefully if I do some cardio tonight that will help. I also packed for the RT!!!!

Angela-nice job with tabatacise. I really like that one, the time seems to fly by. X77 is not joke...i'm telling you the cardio really gets me in this w/o. I think we may be able to wear like the stretch clothes for another w/o if needed. My carry-on is stuffed. I plan on throwing away my beach w/o shoes afterward so that should free up a bit more space. They are the same shoes I wore in my recent mud run ....that have been sitting on my porch for weeks. I was planning on cleaning them up a bit and throwing them in the give away bag.

Hi Lisa, Jody and Jacque...bbl

I only did a 3 mile dog walk, taking it easy because packing was a workout in itself ! lol. And my lower back/glutes/hamstring are just plain tired and tight and I'm not doing any UB, so I'm resting! I'm mostly packed, I was going to do the same with old shoes as Diana, but I had no room for even old shoes, so I packed 5 finger shoes, it really didn't free up much room. Those t shirt scarves take up a lot of room with each of the 6 workout outfits, I really didn't take much more. I'm going to pull out a backpack for my personal carry on in addition to the regular carry on. That way I should have room for my snack on the plane! And anything I buy! If they ask for people to volunteer to check bags for no fee, I'm going to have them check my carry on, I strained my levator scapular just taking it off the bed!

Diana, great that meso 2 ended right before RT!

Angela, wow, you are doing some hard workouts right before the RT!

Jody, I read on the Tripping with Cathe FB group that lots are not prepared physically for this RT, we'll be in good company. We do what we can and mostly just have FUN!

OK, I'm packing --- this post and any subsequent are going to be more stream of consciousness than organized so I apologize! Lisa, why don't you check a bag with non essentials like the diffuser? If it gets lost, you can still participate, no worries and its not likely to get lost.Or call hotel, sometimes they have them.
Do we bring our sg disks? Will there be STeps? Lisa, I can do a grocery run and carry stuff. Do you have any requests or want to wait til we get there? I've been to trader joes and gotten some trail mix.
I'd like everyones phone number in order to txt and communicate.
all for now!
oh the sand at that beach might be hard. I might not wear shoes. I looked at pics from 2009 to see the fire pit, to get a feel for ambiance. Weather bug says temps highs in the high 80s, lows in the low 70s and partly sunny. I don't own anything dressy- I'll be jeans and tshirt.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I was short on my steps yesterday so I did did BR day 23 last night.:) This morning was STS disc 24, so MESO 2 is in the bag!!! I also tweaked my back again, GGGRRRR. :mad: This time it's in the middle of the back and resonating to the side/rib area. I'm icing it tonight.
Tomorrow will be a straight cardio day.....thinking BM2 Cardio Blast or Intenstiy. I planned on a BR w/o, but most of them include weights and I want to give my back a rest. Oh, and my HR monitor died during my w/o. I'll either have to send it in for a battery replacement or just buy a new one.

Jody-you do not need to bring anything workout wise other than clothes. Everything else is provided-mats, hand weights etc. I recall doing step in New Jersey, but can't recall if we did step or not in San Diego. Mats and weights were provided. I will email my cell number to you. I'm taking 1 skirt/shirt and capri's/tank top for the two receptions (friday & saturday nights). Nothing wrong with jeans IMO.

Angela-Way to go-X77 rocks!!! Yay for the scale being kind to you!!!! the scale was nice to me today too. I'm wearing a jacket on the plane so I will have one with me. It's heavier than what I want for Fl, but I'm guessing we won't need a jacket there. My swimsuit cover won't fit in my suitcase, I'll just have to use a towel to wrap up in.

Lisa-even with my sign up for mileage plus I still have a $25 baggage fee. I'm stuffing everything in my carry-on.

bbl

Today, 30 min of jumping on the reformer with light springs for more of a core workout, then 3.3 mile dog walk

Jody, I finally noticed that since I booked plane ticket under DH account, I get a free checked bag. So, I packed for the 3rd time, funny that next bigger size suitcase wasn't all that big, and I didn't want to bring the huge suitcase as it may take up your whole trunk! :) I'm all packed (may throw in my tens unit as my knot came back, must be with man handling the suitcase), I have a carry on tote, that I will use to carry things down to the workouts (scarves (workout one and one after), jacket (again have to keep my sweaty self warm, Grrr) . I have a box of protein bars I"m bringing, the only thing I need is bottled water (sorry, I just can't drink Florida tap water). But I'd say we just make a run to the store when we get there.

Diana, I think it's because DH is silver mileage plus status, in fact it gets me early boarding too :) My jacket is one that is sold as a cover up after/before a workout. Oh, I forget who mentioned clothes. All I have for non workout clothes is a pair of khaki shorts with a couple tops, and a pair of yoga pants with a couple tops. I even decided not to bring jeans, I prefer yoga pants. I do have a pair of flip flops packed for going to the hot tub(and walking around the hotel room, I can not put my bare feet on the hotel room floor :) , And I do have a bathing suit cover up, and a short robe (I bought it for hospital stay--- never used it!), I'm doubling the robe up as a blanket to have around my neck at night (again, can't stand hotel stuff near my face). Remember I told you I was weird.... or maybe it's OCD.

Angela, my 6th stretch outfit is just a top and bra, using pants from another. I am so not a dressy person (really have no dressy clothes, we are so casual here in Colorado).

Hey I know I probably brought up the hot tub first, but I don't actually know if they have one! Plus I'm more of a dangler than an immerse-er. Just don't get mad at me!

Hi there ladies!

Been uber busy at work and doing my workouts but not getting to my computer while at home. Totally vegged this weekend in the 100+ weather.

LOL - no way I will be taking a carry on - would barely be able to get clothes in let alone shoes. I tend to over pack but like to be ready for anything. It seems the weather won't be below 70ish at night so should be gorgeous. We are getting to mid 50's at night here and a little chilly for Calif.

So . . . since I'm flying Southwest and don't have to pay additional for my checked in bag :D I figure why not. I always take at least one change of clothes and my necessities in a backpack just in case . . .

Workouts for me this past week are cardio or combo weight/cardio. Tabatacise, Cardio Leg Blast, Low Impact HiiT, etc. I remember the SD trip was step and they had 5lb weights but remember it all has to be shipped or trucked so typically nothing really. I still don't feel my stamina will be where it should but oh well ! It will be about the experience and vacation factor.

Getting so excited to meet you all and ditch my daily routines ! See you all in 2 days and counting . . .;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.